• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Ok. And thanks for kicking my *** too. I know how annoying it must be to fight someone that keeps falling for the same high/low mindgames every time. It seems like zaj has picked up this game a lot faster than me. As soon as I get some kind of thing that I can pull off combos consistently on, I'll start stepping my game up hardcore.

I should have gone to bed 3 hours ago

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
GGs you two.

Honestly, I think I got better just during those few games. You actually punished my retardedness, and made me mix stuff up. I had to start doing all sorts of different stuff I don't normally do.

I (kinda...) learned how to deal with pressure too. Better than before anyway. I still got hit by the same combo 234563457456 times in a row though. >_>

stop going for grab every single time you think you have a chance.
Zaj, grab more!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ok. And thanks for kicking my *** too. I know how annoying it must be to fight someone that keeps falling for the same high/low mindgames every time. It seems like zaj has picked up this game a lot faster than me. As soon as I get some kind of thing that I can pull off combos consistently on, I'll start stepping my game up hardcore.

Yet you still beat me a bunch when we play.

I blame my inability to finish half my combos. Also TRANSPARENT.

Speaking of failed combos, remember that combo I was talking about in here earlier?

If you guys saw me start a drive loop and do the "slashy slashy" in the air after the first drive, I was trying to do that combo.

Didn't land the j.2d~b correctly once. x_x

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
It helps that I've got loads of hakumen experience. But no, you don't fall for the same thing every time, just when we've played like 10 matches do you fall for repetition.

Don't grab every time, but do grab! Tao gets enough off her grab that it's worth throwing in there randomly, especially instead of the overhead. If they're looking for the overhead, they're less likely to tech the grab. Mixup mixup mixup.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The combo off her back throw is the combo I'm best at too... go figure.

Yeah Dave, I got a ride.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Money Tournament Play

* Pre-registration
o $10 venue fee w/$5 pot buy in or $10 buy in (Tournament dependent)
* At Door
o $15 venue fee w/ $5 pot buy in or $10 buy in (Tournament dependent)

...which games are 5, and which are 10?

Edit: Nevermind. BB is 5, and Brawl singles is 10.

Oh and Meno, what do you want our team name to be?

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Good news everybody

I suck at rollerblading.

Don't tell me how the smashfest went; it'll make me feel guilty.

I'll probably be at this ranbat. But right now I suck at all 3 games I play, 3 because I included Brawl.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suck at all of them too Moblin. :D

And the smashfest went great. Sucks that you missed it Moblin. Feel bad now.

The only bad thing is I forgot my fightpad there for BB. I sent DTL a text on Spelt's phone asking for Tim to get it, but he never responded. My phone was dead. But I just got back and sent Tim a message myself, so it's good.

Edit:
Dave we need a team name.

What's a good name for Snake and Game and Watch?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Game and Watch isn't S tier though. :<

I want to do Snakes and Ladders, but that's better for me and UL's dual Snake team.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm Meno.
DTL is Dylan and should be referred to as such.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
fest was awesome!!

also i usually name my team
"shut up and sleep with me"

Edit: meno, if were going to no koast we gotta pre reg! and we probably need housing for friday night! and were probably gonna team right?

this time colorado is gonna make it out of pools! COLORADO BRAWL!!!!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Honestly, I think that Dylan hosted one of CO's most successful gatherings in a year or so. We had more Melee players than Brawl players, in the end (3 tvs for Melee, 1 for Brawl, lololol), and I had a LOT of fun, despite not getting to help Moblin with stick/bb/melee, or even really getting to play BB. =(

DAVE! - We need to play more, so we can get rid of some of your baaaaaaaad habits. I'm not partial to Brawl, but if you're winning, I want you to win OoS, too. For those that didn't attend, he paid for the entry fee for like... half the people that entered. That's some serious confidence.

CO brawlers better step their game up, or else Dave might just claim "best CO brawler" fo' reelz.

D:<

</3

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
hey mes, i think u accidently took spirit dragon's controller, i think it has some markings on the back or something its a silver one, he can tell u more about it once he posts

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about not showing up Tony, I was seriously busy yesterday. I'll try to make it to this Ranbat, but don't hold your breath... my dad wants to take me to a college fair.

3 melee set ups? ****ing **** ****. :(

edit: oh and lol @ Dylan's user blogs post with Meno's account

Rizen

Smash Legend
hey mes, i think u accidently took spirit dragon's controller, i think it has some markings on the back or something its a silver one, he can tell u more about it once he posts
I think you're right. Does it have Blue marker by where the cord comes out?
Sorry 'bout that. Tell me how I can return it to him.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I think you're right. Does it have Blue marker by where the cord comes out?
Sorry 'bout that. Tell me how I can return it to him.
good to know its at least someone i know, and yes it does have blue markings on the top where the cord is, should be like "rdi" because the "ferdi" i wrote on it is like fading away, anyways if you want to post your address and a date/time where i can pick it up would be great!

good smashfest btw lots of melee going on and the blazblue was pretty cool too. i cant do **** at mahvel tho

Top Bottom