• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Haha I guess I'll do shoutouts:

Dave!
Didn't we even win some money...? I hoped you picked that up. Because I had no idea. I completly for- oh look! A platter of second jumps. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.
Hohoho I took your money and now its mine! Actually, they didn't award any moneh for 3rd place :( But our team was super delicious, and we should definitely team again ;) On a side note.... DON'T EAT MAH SECOND JUMPS :mad: They are not snacks for your taking.

Underload: nooooo why didn't you show up for doubles? I need to play you moar

Tim: srsly best tournament match evar!! I hope to play you again soon, even if I lose this time :)

Diggity: Playing you is always so much fun :p

Tony: Playing melee with you was the best thing ever and certainly was worth going to this tournament for. 64 was also fun, although you actually got me pretty pissed off with your trash talking, primarily because the only times I have ever played 64 in the last 8 years has been with dook. However, looking back on it, I would looooove if you started playing 64 to give me an excuse to learn another character than cheap lill' kirby :)

Moblin: What can I say, gannon melee dittos are sick

9000: We finally meet! In tournament none the less. It was quite a ferocious duel, you and I had. We must duel again and eat crumpets.

Nite: I love you... but only when you will give me a controller :p

People I played but didn't mention: GGs

People I saw but didn't play: GGs

People who weren't there: failure

On a side note I WILL be hosting a smashfest (brawl, melee, etc) in the next few weeks! :D I'll decide on a date and let you guys know when it will be.

T

talarq

Nice turnout on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get more than 1 hr of sleep for these silly things...one of these days...

Meno - I will get those quarters back! Mario will show his woman whose boss.

Tim - Rage mode is fun, I need a lot more practice to play against it.

Nite - Let's get some -friendly- dittos in next time!

Tony - Maybe if you fed your MK some more brawl and less melee then he wouldn't be so suicidal ;)

Underload - Nice snake. We should play next time.

DTL - Good toon link, I saw a lot of developed techs. I think Zerox still has a little more of an edge in terms of camping and combos. You have more variety with smashes and aerials though. Need more double arrow short hop and z airs against close range characters like Mario and GW. We'll play more.

Zaj - Good games at the end of the night there. I was playing GW a lot against you.

Marronator - I'll break out Mario for your DK next time, classic match.

Dook - Don't think I met you but darn you for teaching JCVD snake tricks. I play against him quite a bit :(

Jamaal - Take advantage of snake! Play more ROB!

Everyone else - good games :)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zaj - Good games at the end of the night there. I was playing GW a lot against you.
Oh, so that was you. Yes, good games indeed. You were one of the people I wanted to mention. I remembered the name over 9000 but couldn't remember who it belonged too. D: I didn't see much Mario for a Mario main though. :p The Mario v Luigi matches we had at the start were fun though.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, the thing this saturday will be at my place, 1048 Josephine St. #C, Denver, CO 80206. Still not sure on a time though, just know it will be later on. I would again like to state that it will be Brawl only. No mahlees, no b+. Just because I don't wanna get distracted.

Underload

Lazy
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6165

Everyone who has an AllisBrawl account (Tim, Flux, Meno, whoever else has one), click on that link and say you attended that tournament. You might get a medal :D

EDIT: I need to know if I have these right. Also, who did Nite use in singles?

Colorado Cutthroat Console Tournament 2009
Denver, Colorado
$20 venue fee, $10 pot fee
Entrants: 39
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6165 / http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=8163 / http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=9114
1st: dookdigity (Snake)
2nd: Fluxus (Metaknight, Pikachu)
3rd: Timotee (Ness, Wario)
4th: menounderwater (Peach)
5th: Nite
5th: JCVD (Snake)
7th: DTL (Toon Link)
7th: Peter (Snake, Diddy Kong)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to genesis
**** everything
WHAT. GORRAMMIT >.<

Unrelated: I just got an email detailing one of the new sponsors for Supercon: It's Gameon, yaaaaaay. Also, everyone should pimp out Supercon to anyone they talk about melee or brawl to.

Underload

Lazy
I already talked to TX about Supercon at SWAT, none of them are coming. D:<
...Get *****, rest of the Southwest...

I hate Texas.
Agreed.

EDIT: Someone needs to get a Smashfest together before the end of the month? Why? I don't know, I just want to start using project characters against people and not just CPUs (wifi sucks).

EDIT2: Speaking of Texas, maybe some of Colorado should go down to one of their bigger tournaments this summer (Hobo 17?), and show them that we don't suck. Y/N?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if I have money, but I'm still trying to figure that out for genesis and devastation. And I believe I said before, I'll be doing a smashfest at some time saturday at my house.

Underload

Lazy
Maybe if I have money, but I'm still trying to figure that out for genesis and devastation. And I believe I said before, I'll be doing a smashfest at some time saturday at my house.
I won't go to either Genesis or Devastation. Sad because I can't go OoS, but happy because I don't have to save up money. Maybe when I'm older, can drive, and have a job.

I might come to the Brawlfest at your place, idk. I'm not too sure yet.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
That dualist game looks like so much fun. I already saw that in the Snake boards like the day before the tourney and was trying to decide if I should bring it there. Opted not to for some reason...

Also, I might go to that Smashfest. I need more practice cause I never go to anything. (been to 2 tourneys, no smashfests)

T

talarq

Just talked with Zerox and I think we're both interested in Tim's smashfest. Any idea on the time? I can pick up drinks and snacks if you like.

Some momo girls are pretty cool. I knew one in high school who played Diablo with her family. After all, you are trying to kill the devil. :laugh:

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Not sure. Was gonna make it later in the day so I could see my grandma, but I had dinner with her tonight, so maybe around noon or 1 to start.

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
I'm back in civilization with a renewed motivation to Smash.

Looks like I missed a sweet tourney last weekend. I'll make it to Supercon for sure. Where do you live Tim?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
1048 Josephine St. # C
Denver, CO 80206

It's right across from the Botanic Gardens, next to the huge construction site. Make a note of it, everyone. I'll post more details tomorrow or Friday or something.

Smash Bros. Brawl - Singles

1st: dookdigity - Cutthroat Sponsored For SuperCon
2nd: Fluxus
3rd: Timotee
4th: menounderwater
5th: Nite
5th: JCVD
7th: DTL
7th: Peter
9th: The marronator
9th: zaj
9th: Panther