• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
Hm... random person from Iowa is going to colorado today (Golden Colorado saturday and then Breckenridge the rest of).

What's this tourney that's being talked of?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
jamal i'm rdy!

Dear YangFuShang,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums.

Reason: Signature Violation
-------
If your signature is bigger than the post you're making, then don't post your sig.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
hahahaha tim does not kiss and tell

ANYONE WHO CAN READ THIS PLEASE TRY BRINGING A WII :( WE ARE ONE WII SHORT PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEE

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I have to start preparing my Ganon for all the falcos and Olimars that I'll meet during these tourneys. Hopefully I'll have a world-class Ganon (in melee AND brawl) by the time I go to Genesis.

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
Wow I got ***** again by conflict, and parental BS.. Pretty frustrated, it sounds like a bunch of new people were going today and I wanted to meet them. ****

Also, I will be at Wasabi 100%.

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
KYLE....... its mikezor wtf happened youre from springs now what a loser omg disgusting.

j/k we should melee mang maybe kenny and sean will be home for spring break itll be like super reunion to the max
Sean is off for spring break this week too. We're probably gonna be having a get together sometime tuesday or wednesday. Just tryin to work out all of the details

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Weeeeell, I just got back from the tourney today... I didn't do that great...
In doubles, we only won once and only once again in losers. Same thing for me again in singles...

I suck at this game... ;_______; I'm all depressed now...

At least I won a large majority of the friendlies, but those aren't the ones that mattered...

I have to start preparing my Ganon for all the falcos and Olimars that I'll meet during these tourneys. Hopefully I'll have a world-class Ganon (in melee AND brawl) by the time I go to Genesis.
Some dudes mentioned you and were wondering where you've been lately.

And I'd hope to have a world-class anybody. I just feel too lame right now to see that being in my future anytime soon. :(

DARN IT, WHY CAN'T I GET BETTER!?

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yeah. I guess I'm famous cuz I went to 2 tourneys and lost 1st rounds in both brackets :D

And I'd hope to have a world-class anybody. I just feel too lame right now to see that being in my future anytime soon. :(
Nowadays, given the lack of ganon mains, if you have a somewhat decent Ganon - it's world class.

DARN IT, WHY CAN'T I GET BETTER!?
Play melee. Get bryce to stop hating on the no chain grabs in brawl+; what a noob :p

Oh yeah and get together with me again sometime over spring break

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, yeah. I guess I'm famous cuz I went to 2 tourneys and lost 1st rounds in both brackets :D
You lost 1st rounds in both? Lametoast... I'm just glad I didn't lose any of my first rounds...

Nowadays, given the lack of ganon mains, if you have a somewhat decent Ganon - it's world class.
And I had to go and main Snake... Freakin' Metal Gear games are making me have to work harder... And getting a world-class pikachu isn't an easy task either...

Play melee. Get bryce to stop hating on the no chain grabs in brawl+; what a noob :p
I don't get how playing Melee will make me better. Yeah, Melee is awesome and all, but with how accustomed I've gotten to Brawl, having barely any experience in competitive Melee cause I joined REALLY late, and the fact that I'm not that great at Brawl when Melee is supposed to be like 10 times more advanced makes it seem like I wouldn't get very far in Melee...

And Bryce hates Brawl+ in general. I still think it's only fun for messing around. I'm not gonna get too serious with it...

Oh yeah and get together with me again sometime over spring break
We should. I fail at mindgames cause the only people I've fought that are serious about this game are you and Bryce and Bryce has only fought me... I'm not counting any of the wifi matches cause wifi fails... It's probably the reason I got raeped in this tourney... and the fact that I know nothing about Wolf at all... I got seriously raeped by one...

Man, I know all sorts of tricks and tactics with my characters, I know what all their moves do and how to use them, but I lack the ability to use them right cause I never fight anybody. I got the knowledge but not the ability to use it...

End rant.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
You lost 1st rounds in both? Lametoast... I'm just glad I didn't lose any of my first rounds...

And I had to go and main Snake... Freakin' Metal Gear games are making me have to work harder... And getting a world-class pikachu isn't an easy task either...

I don't get how playing Melee will make me better. Yeah, Melee is awesome and all, but with how accustomed I've gotten to Brawl, having barely any experience in competitive Melee cause I joined REALLY late, and the fact that I'm not that great at Brawl when Melee is supposed to be like 10 times more advanced makes it seem like I wouldn't get very far in Melee...

And Bryce hates Brawl+ in general. I still think it's only fun for messing around. I'm not gonna get too serious with it...

We should. I fail at mindgames cause the only people I've fought that are serious about this game are you and Bryce and Bryce has only fought me... I'm not counting any of the wifi matches cause wifi fails... It's probably the reason I got raeped in this tourney... and the fact that I know nothing about Wolf at all... I got seriously raeped by one...

Man, I know all sorts of tricks and tactics with my characters, I know what all their moves do and how to use them, but I lack the ability to use them right cause I never fight anybody. I got the knowledge but not the ability to use it...

End rant.

Well to be fair, I lost against Nite's snake and Tim's ness in losers. Don't ask me for my excuse for Ness, I just don't know. Timo Is pro. Nite was high on sleep-deprivation and we all know that makes him super-skilled at smash whenever he is.

Playing melee will not only increase your technical skill in brawl. Because of the pace, after playing an intense match in Melee with a ton of mindgames, you'll go to brawl and just ****. Not because of the experience per se, but because it's easier doing anything in slo-mo. lol

Its like playing intense cross-training. Play a game against Ronaldino to get ready for your pee-wee soccer game. Yes I went there. I've said it before, but the problem is you don't play gay. Sure you camp with snake, but that isn't even the tip of the iceburg.

I can't even watch pro brawl vids anymore. They always go to within 30- seconds of the end-timer and they're boring and gay as hell to watch. Flaco chain grabs, spams lasers. Metaknihgt spams himself. Snkae tilts.

Brawl at the highest level is mostly shielding, spotdodging, and sometimes rolling or using moves with little to no punishability. This isn't anyone's fault. The game just rewards defensive tactics way too much while focusing on giving no offensive tactics or possibilities. (Except to pick metaknight).

The fact that hitstun doesn't exist, nor shieldstun, and repetitive projectile domination makes or breaks several character match-ups in and of themselves.

Despite all this, brawl is still fun to play- as long as you pretend you can't airdodge, trash talk a TON, and pause the game to punch someone or do push ups regularly. That is all.

That said, You're definitely not that bad. I agree that you just want to play more people. Come to a smashfest/over to me house and you'll get some good practice in.

edit: NP zen, just promise me you'll rematch me with jiggs..... I can tell you're on fire nowadays

kyoshiro1221

Smash Rookie
Im down to play some melee or brawl over this break... if any one wants to get me *cough* sam *cough* so we can do anything pm for my cell oir if you have it *cough* sam *cough* text me

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well to be fair, I lost against Nite's snake and Tim's ness in losers. Don't ask me for my excuse for Ness, I just don't know. Timo Is pro. Nite was high on sleep-deprivation and we all know that makes him super-skilled at smash whenever he is.

Playing melee will not only increase your technical skill in brawl. Because of the pace, after playing an intense match in Melee with a ton of mindgames, you'll go to brawl and just ****. Not because of the experience per se, but because it's easier doing anything in slo-mo. lol

Its like playing intense cross-training. Play a game against Ronaldino to get ready for your pee-wee soccer game. Yes I went there. I've said it before, but the problem is you don't play gay. Sure you camp with snake, but that isn't even the tip of the iceburg.

I can't even watch pro brawl vids anymore. They always go to within 30- seconds of the end-timer and they're boring and gay as hell to watch. Flaco chain grabs, spams lasers. Metaknihgt spams himself. Snkae tilts.

Brawl at the highest level is mostly shielding, spotdodging, and sometimes rolling or using moves with little to no punishability. This isn't anyone's fault. The game just rewards defensive tactics way too much while focusing on giving no offensive tactics or possibilities. (Except to pick metaknight).

The fact that hitstun doesn't exist, nor shieldstun, and repetitive projectile domination makes or breaks several character match-ups in and of themselves.

Despite all this, brawl is still fun to play- as long as you pretend you can't airdodge, trash talk a TON, and pause the game to punch someone or do push ups regularly. That is all.

That said, You're definitely not that bad. I agree that you just want to play more people. Come to a smashfest/over to me house and you'll get some good practice in.

edit: NP zen, just promise me you'll rematch me with jiggs..... I can tell you're on fire nowadays
The only times we have ever fought was either on wifi or the one time you came over and I had been on a small hiatus to play some other games and only went back to play on wifi (against Bryce again no less...), so I was in stupid "wifi mode." I know I'm not that bad, but I'm not that good either.

I know Melee is much faster than Brawl, and has a lot more techniques, and is more difficult to master, etc. But the problem is I never got good with melee. I never got majorly into it and the only reason I started was because I wanted to practice so I could beat all of my friends in Brawl when it came around. I only played for a few months... All I know how to do is wavedash and l-cancel really... I don't think I can get better at brawl by going to play a game I fail at and getting murdered by anyone I play against...

but the problem is you don't play gay. Sure you camp with snake, but that isn't even the tip of the iceburg.
Was that directed toward me specifically? As in, I don't play gay? I know I don't. I hate Metaknight, I despise spammy Falcos and Pits, I hate camping, etc. Bryce lost his first match to a girl who went by Peachy who did nothing but camp and spam arrows. Lamest win ever... There was about an entire minute spent with him spot dodging and her spamming at him...

I kind of lost at not playing gay when I chose Snake as my main though, cause Snake *****... but it's not my fault he became top tier. :/ I don't try to camp with Snake. My Snake is actually way more aggressive. I just drop a lot of grenades and what not while I do it. Sometimes I think I use grenades too much... I mess up myself and stop myself from getting to them with my own grenades sometimes... If I'm camping with grenades, it's not to make my opponent take a bunch of damage while I'm far away, it's to make them mess up so I can chase them around and hit them. I try to stay within punching distance and only revert to camping if there's nothing else I can do. That's the way camping SHOULD be if you ask me. Don't count wifi fights toward this. I camp like crazy on wifi cause I can't do anything else... Did I mention I don't like wifi?

And pro Brawl vids still have people doing things a million times better than me. Watching them just makes me feel lame. Yeah, pro Snakes, MKs, Falco and whatnot all use the same basic tactics like the chaingrabs or Snake tilting, but that's because that's what they have to use cause it's most effective. It was the same for melee. Characters had things they used because they were effective. Melee is just more diverse in that... Not wanting a Snake to tilt is like not wanting your Ganon to d-air. You wouldn't survive without it. :p

And yeah, I still think my main problem is that I don't play enough people... If I could just get more brawls with people who don't suck, I'd be able to actually get better, but it seems like such a pain to get a brawl with people. I wish I knew more tourneyf*gs.

Edit: Sweet Jeebus... long post... :S

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Im down to play some melee or brawl over this break... if any one wants to get me *cough* sam *cough* so we can do anything pm for my cell oir if you have it *cough* sam *cough* text me
Well, for one Alex, I haven't lived in Westminster for almost 2 months now

The fact that hitstun doesn't exist, nor shieldstun, and repetitive projectile domination makes or breaks several character match-ups in and of themselves. Despite all this, brawl is still fun to play- as long as you pretend you can't airdodge, trash talk a TON, and pause the game to punch someone or do push ups regularly. That is all.
amen.
I live closer we need to game foo!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Don't let Peachy camp you, she isn't even good at camping.

Also, word on the street is that Lunchmeat returned and *****. This pleases me to no end. Also, steve won a money match against nite, also hilarious.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
hebrahi u ****ing suck. Grand junction results:

brawl singles-
1st. Tim
2nd. Yang
3rd. Tony
4th. Mike

Soul calibur 2:
1st. some guy
2nd. some guy
3rd. Yang

Marvel vs Capcom 2:
1st. Yang
2nd. Ryyudo
3rd. Shae

brawl teams didn't happen becuz of time contraints

so how many people entered singles/doubles.

And i always had faith in lunchmeat mhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

btw tim i forgot to pay u gas money, i'll pay u next time i see u

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, if I was to have a small melee get together/smashfest at my place in Aurora on Wednesday, who would be game to come? So far, Sean is for sure going, and I talked to Kenny today and he might be down as well. A few of my college friends are for sure gonna be there too and they're pretty decent.

I know most of the people on this board are more into brawl competitively than melee, so if enough people can go we might be able to get some brawl/brawl+ matches in as well. Its gonna mainly be melee though for old times sake and bcuz i'm the **** at that game and not brawl lol.

Edit: Nothing is a for sure plan yet because i still have to make sure with my parents that i can have a lot of people over, but it should happen as long as people are down

M

myemfar

Hey there! It was nice meeting some of you today, I had a lot of fun, and learned that I really need to figure out a way to calm myself down in tournaments, lol. like, I won a fair amount of friendlies, but in the tournament matches I'd just panic and make lots of mistakes, lol. during one of my matches my pulse was going so fast i could feel my heart beating in my FACE. yes, i could. It was very distracting. That being said, good matches to all of you who i played today! hopefully i can get over my competition anxiety soon :).

Also, any of you who were in denver today that played me (Myem/myemfar, I primarily used peach, donkey, and a little wario) Should tell me either here or in a message or something what tag you used in brawl today so that i can know which people have which smashboards accounts (if that makes sense, i know i met a few of you but the only two i can connect an account to a person with are Zajice (you were on the ness/lucas team i played right?) and marroner (i think thats how it's spelled))

anyways, I appreciate a lot of the constructive criticism i got from you on my peach, my donkey, and my general playstyle/habits. It's given me a lot to work on this week before the next tournament :).

and to whoever played that awesome yoshi: you rock. haha.

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
Hey there! It was nice meeting some of you today, I had a lot of fun, and learned that I really need to figure out a way to calm myself down in tournaments, lol. like, I won a fair amount of friendlies, but in the tournament matches I'd just panic and make lots of mistakes, lol. during one of my matches my pulse was going so fast i could feel my heart beating in my FACE. yes, i could. It was very distracting. That being said, good matches to all of you who i played today! hopefully i can get over my competition anxiety soon :).
I wasn't at the tourney today, but just as a little advice about your anxiety: try to go into every tournament with an I'm gonna kick some *** mentality. You'd be surprised how much being in a positive mindstate can affect your gameplay. Also in every match try to set goals for yourself. For example: I main marth in melee and in tournaments a lot of the time i would set goals to space my attacks perfectly so i don't get shield grabbed and not be predictable. If your mind is focused on the goals you are trying to accomplish, its not focused on your anxiety. Just tryin to help cuz when i first started to try playing competitively i had the same problem myself, so I know what its like.

M

myemfar

Lulz was it Steve?

I am so pissed I couldn't go. I want to see everyone at Wasabi!!!!!
haha, no idea. that's part of the reason i made that post, cause I want to know who is who, lol.

He used dark blue yoshi and fox if that narrows it down at all, lol.

Top Bottom