• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Watchmen was a very good adaptation from a novel
probably the best I've ever seen
great movie
if you read the graphic novel you'll enjoy it alot more (lots of people didn't get it for some reason)
but not nearly as good as the graphic novel
but it was definitely not just "okay"

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I was initially going to be a ****, but I decided to just differ in opinion and say that I honestly didn't really care much for it. 69% on rotten tomatoes seems to agree mediocrity as well.

*Edit*
Sorry, it just went down to 65%..

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
So apparently Southwest's social forum's name is Dr. Drew is ALWAYS watching you! while Pacific West's is The Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

The hell?

Drew! Get us a better social room name.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I wanna be the Hyperbolic Time Chamber... ;__;

Our name is stupid.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. We could at least be the Fantastic Four Corners and Spider Texas.

Also, I'll probably show up at the B+ thing at some point, so I can get "brawl practice"

korgoth

Smash Rookie
huh nvm didn't really mean to post...
buuuut i guess i'll say something awesome instead of just leaving that--
i wondered why the baseball was getting bigger... then it hit me
did you hear about the guy who's whole left side got cut off? he's all right now.
aaaand...He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
15570 E Center Ave Apt f-205
Aurora, CO 80017

Show up at 3, people. My kitty died, so you should all feel bad and head over. Call (720) 496-8156 if you need anything else.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
The friendliest kitty in the world? :( I think I'm gonna buy a plane ticket and fly over just because of this........

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
I was initially going to be a ****, but I decided to just differ in opinion and say that I honestly didn't really care much for it. 69% on rotten tomatoes seems to agree mediocrity as well.

*Edit*
Sorry, it just went down to 65%..
Thats combined with the critics views. From just the communities stand point it got a 78% which is pretty good. I don't like critics and think there views can be really biased I mean look they gave the movie 300 a 47% which is just ******** so I always look at what the community says before I judge.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
So I saw Watchmen yesterday. The storyline is completely incoherent, but my god.

What an awesome movie.

I made me want to read the comic book ffs

Sorry interim, My parents are seriously cracking down on my tourney days this year :/. School sucks.
Sorry that your cat died also....

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
chap should i bring others like whoever i can get

as in tony or ferdi or whatever

btw thx for the phone you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:|

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
WTF, Yang's wifi Marth is beast. there was an average of like 2.5 tippers a match. GGs man. Sorry I had to go.

and yeah, the taunt pad on my controller is broken so I couldn't even rub those uber ganon combos in, either :p

I've been playing way too much brawl, When is the next melee thing btw?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
WTF, Yang's wifi Marth is beast. there was an average of like 2.5 tippers a match. GGs man. Sorry I had to go.

and yeah, the taunt pad on my controller is broken so I couldn't even rub those uber ganon combos in, either :p

I've been playing way too much brawl, When is the next melee thing btw?
ggs ur ganon is always fun to play against

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wait... Did you guys play Melee online?

Also, grats to the tremendous amounts of fail from the Brawl scene. Not that I expect much of you guys, but the Melee scene managed to get more people from calling each other in 20 minutes than I got from posting in this thread two weeks ago, with consistent reminders. Thank you for reminding me why I'm getting back into Melee.

Moblin, no worries, mangz. And thanks.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I believe you mean the Brawl+ scene tony. Not the Brawl scene. Don't go dissing on people because they don't want to beta your pet project. With the chance to win like $5. And you're getting back into Melee because you like it. Or is it Ken's charisma that draws you back? Regardless, you're acting like things never fall through and your every decision is based on everyone else.

Thoughts on the Watchmen movie: Having just read the Watchmen this week, I can say that while I liked the books more, the movie was still quite good. I didn't like the changes to the ending, but I understand why they did them. The only things I didn't really like were the none-too-subtle hints at the plot twists, and how much more important they made Nite Owl.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I believe you mean the Brawl+ scene tony. Not the Brawl scene. Don't go dissing on people because they don't want to beta your pet project. With the chance to win like $5. And you're getting back into Melee because you like it. Or is it Ken's charisma that draws you back? Regardless, you're acting like things never fall through and your every decision is based on everyone else.

Thoughts on the Watchmen movie: Having just read the Watchmen this week, I can say that while I liked the books more, the movie was still quite good. I didn't like the changes to the ending, but I understand why they did them. The only things I didn't really like were the none-too-subtle hints at the plot twists, and how much more important they made Nite Owl.
uhh i personally think taht anyone who watches the watchmen without reading the novel prior should be lost and confused. and i dont think i would have liked the movie at all if i hadnt of read the novel. the eye candy was pretty much the only good thing going on in the movie for me

this isnt true when looking back into my deep memories i can remember me kinda liking it from the beginning but then getting bored/disappointed as it went further

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I had to see Watchmen Tony. >__>

I'd have more incentive to go to these things if it included Brawl Brawl though. :bee:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Northern Colorado people, when is a good time? I can play Wed - Friday this week, but can't play this weekend. We can figure out a place after we pick a time. :)

For those people who play DotA, what server do you play on and what are your names? Mine is Hawkeye.Mihawk on uswest and useast. I'm pretty terribad but it'll be fun to play.

Don't even get me started on the awesomeness of One Piece. All I have to say is watch the Water7 and Enies' Lobby arcs(eps 229 - 314).
Hi my name is Igneous and I foget to check forums after I say stuff. Anyways, I worked Wed and Fri anyways. We'd probably do it at my house. Seeing as how no one lives here but me and we could be as loud as we want for as late as we want and there is lots of food stuff around here.

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
Hi my name is Igneous and I foget to check forums after I say stuff. Anyways, I worked Wed and Fri anyways. We'd probably do it at my house. Seeing as how no one lives here but me and we could be as loud as we want for as late as we want and there is lots of food stuff around here.
Well we failed this weekend, we couldn't get enough peeps howeverrrrrr

we should try again.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
uhh i personally think taht anyone who watches the watchmen without reading the novel prior should be lost and confused. and i dont think i would have liked the movie at all if i hadnt of read the novel. the eye candy was pretty much the only good thing going on in the movie for me
I didn't read the novel and I had a fairly easy time following it (of course, I had a discussion with someone about the beginning of watchmen, so I already knew a bunch). I personally really enjoyed the entire thing, but I think they could have made it better by focusing on certain aspects of the story. Did we seriously need a 10 minute sex scene? Or another random fight scene where silk spectre and night owl beat up some gang? Instead, I would have loved even more on Rorschach, or a shorter movie. Oh, and the ending was a little lame too... what was the real ending of the novel anyways?

Hey Nite.

Dark Pch is back, he didn't quit brawl.

sorry to burst your bubble.
Hahahahaha

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nah, pretty sure I mean the Brawl scene. Pretty sure they're the ones who, at various tournaments, said they'd go to it.

But hey, whatevs. It happens. Final Round is coming up, and that's gonna make up for CO's laaaameness.

Top Bottom