• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
[/begin rant]
Eeeeew! nasty!
I just got through playing my neighbor in brawl.

I told you guys that he is the kind of person to call Lcanceling and WDing "exploits" and edgehogging, edgeguarding, and even sheildgrabbing cheap.
He is the type to scorn at people who use what he calls "set combos".

But I was ok with all of that. He didnt john about them. he talked like he accepted he was weird that way. He seemed smart enough to know that he would be seen as a baby if he complained.

But today, he crossed the line, and I hope it was only a temporary thing.
I got better, just by watching vids, I got the basics of DK.
Only he refused to acknowledge that I might have improved.

Me: "So how am I doing?"
Him: "Im tired"

I directly challenge his main, (link) and ask him to try. He says he will try to try, but will not make promises.
I **** the first stock from him, and he suicides twice directly after that.

Then, the condescending cunt starts joking around saying "Ya! you finally beat my link." As if I should just accept that he would have beaten me if he had tried, yet be happy that it was Yetti Kong who was raising his hands in triumph at the end of the game.

Thats it. Im gonna buy a brand new brawl disc and a USB adapter.

*punts puppy*

[/endrant]

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
We were playing brawl because my melee "exploits" make him too tired to play and he cant not get three stocked by me.

*combos puppy IRL*

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I miss my moblin and lunchmeat =(

Zenj, you've got a few options. You can ignore him being a little baby and continue to improve and watch how creative his johns get, you can money match him and see what happens there, or you can abandon him forever. It really does sound like he's made himself a skill plateau that he's comfy on and planning on remaining at. But if he ever johns about tiers, you pick Ganon back up and beat the stuffing out of him.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I seem to remember my phone going through the wash, so that might have been why I didn't get the voicemail. I had to transition to an equally crappy phone like a week after the tourney :/ edit: same number tho

That sounds like it sucks though dude. I was sooo happy that my casual friends just ate it all up when I showed them wavedashing. Although there was an instance where shieldgrabbing was deemed cheap after the 5th attempted Forward air failed.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
hai guys lol
Hey Moblin, Long Time no Talk.

Might there be any info on when the next brawl tourney will be? I would surley like to perticipate. I never get much info on these things....

Also anyone up for online brawl?

zenjamin.....=_=
Zen>_<Thatz my name0.0 ....

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so two things: Halfro's gathering on the 21st is for march, whereas ranbat 6 is feb, so that's all cool, nothing overlapping.

Second thing: Delicious Dave, if you keep giving away my secrets in online team tourneys you will pay dearly!!!

To reiterate: Next brawl tourney is Feb. 21st, then another on Feb. 28th. And Delicious Dave is no longer Delicious.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd.

Ok, so two things: Halfro's gathering on the 21st is for march, whereas ranbat 6 is feb, so that's all cool, nothing overlapping.

Second thing: Delicious Dave, if you keep giving away my secrets in online team tourneys you will pay dearly!!!

To reiterate: Next brawl tourney is Feb. 21st, then another on Feb. 28th. And Delicious Dave is no longer Delicious.
Where are these tourneys?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
My bad, the one on the 21st is at Westwood College. The address is 7350 North Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. Dunno where at in Westwood though.

As for the one on feb 28th, I think that is at the Tivoli. If Halfro reads this, he can respond so we know for sure.

korgoth

Smash Rookie
My bad, the one on the 21st is at Westwood College. The address is 7350 North Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. Dunno where at in Westwood though.

As for the one on feb 28th, I think that is at the Tivoli. If Halfro reads this, he can respond so we know for sure.
yay free light rail at metro =))) i'll prolly come to the one on the 28th for sure. dunno where westwood college is but i have time to figure this out

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
So, I just called in for work for still being sick, and I found out why I'm probably sick! It turns out I'm the 4th person on my team to call in. Looks like we all caught something and it went around. :( Also, this means I won't make it today, Timz and DonFlame. :(

But Jamaal, what about MapleSEA?
I dunno? What about Maple SEA? All I know about is Audition SEA

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

Fees?///////////

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what moon language that is, but don't tell anyone about my dirty side-life. I'm supposed to be the religious squeaky clean guy.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
The one on the 21st will probably be $20 or $25 if you do teams and singles, the 28th will be $15 if you just do barwl.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Lawl at maplesea

And the tivoli is at metro
But that school has like 3 different names cause people like rafa go to metro while people like ayiela go to ucd i think its called and ummm yeah they can take the same classes together so it makes no **** sense

Again lawl at maple sea

Ravin

Smash Lord
thanks douche's. My birthday is tomorrow and a failed to initiate a tounry here in the springs.

Go suck a ****.

Kthnx.

Top Bottom