• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
It's too **** easy to grab the ledge in barwl, or even recover. The only redeemable thing about it's recovery is it's tether system. Edge hogging a ZSS at 30% makes me giggle, but still, cheap kills in melee with Fox, Link, and Marth are SO much more rewarding :D

I'm sorry if I'm being a douche.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
No, Demo, you're right. If you gimp 90% of the cast in Brawl, it's because the person you're playing had a moment or twelve of complete and total mental shutdown. If you do it in Melee, it's because you knew what you were doing, and they guessed wrong. Edgeguarding in Brawl is an 80:20 split, in the recovering person's favor. In Melee, tangent on character, it's normally at least 50:50. Your mileage may vary.

Guize, they started testing a universal codeset for Brawl+ in tourneys. Who all is interested in trying it out tomorrow? :D :D :D

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
No, Demo, you're right. If you gimp 90% of the cast in Brawl, it's because the person you're playing had a moment or twelve of complete and total mental shutdown. If you do it in Melee, it's because you knew what you were doing, and they guessed wrong. Edgeguarding in Brawl is an 80:20 split, in the recovering person's favor. In Melee, tangent on character, it's normally at least 50:50. Your mileage may vary.

Guize, they started testing a universal codeset for Brawl+ in tourneys. Who all is interested in trying it out tomorrow? :D :D :D
More like Brawl- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I might go, Tim's?

Ferdi edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evb-V4--Bsk&NR=1

AAAAAAAAAAAND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm5V-21Yof4

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Pretty sure both those videos are amazing. I especially like the Tapion Punch. :D :D :D

I dunno, depends on if Tim wants to host. Imma test out the codeset tonight in training mode.

korgoth

Smash Rookie
Hey guyz..... lets play some runescape its like in 3D now. Looks soooo good
i just quit that game a while ago, its evil!

**** brawl, come over and play melee. That's right, I've been reconverted!
yea melee was pretty rad and still is, its just i've learned to like brawl. guess cus its more convenient cus i dont know anybody who really plays melee anymore and i haven't really been out smashin with you dudes a lot lately.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Everybody will play melee if you put it in. It's just better.

I play Brawl still, but it's not as much fun.

*edit*
Angry post is deleted post

*edit2*
Angry Post is deleted post

*edit3*

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I've wanted to try out brawl+ ever since I heard about it. is anyone thinking about bringing brawl+ and melee to the February tourney? I was always thinking "you know, this game would be actually pretty awesome with hitstun."

btw What controller set up do you guys use for GG and where can I buy it?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
and I've wanted to try out brawl+ ever since I heard about it. I was always thinking "you know, this game would be actually pretty awesome with hitstun." is anyone thinking about bringing brawl+ and melee to the February tourney?

btw What controller set up do you guys use for GG and where can I buy it?
usually everyone uses a stick for gg and the ps2 version also tbh i'd rather just play melee then brawl+ but its definately worth trying. You can probably find it at a local gamestop or something or just order online. Also i'm trying to get a beat for my rap so once i do that i'll upload it sometime...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
yeah brawl is better, melee sucks!! :p
*high five*

I've wanted to try out brawl+ ever since I heard about it. is anyone thinking about bringing brawl+ and melee to the February tourney? I was always thinking "you know, this game would be actually pretty awesome with hitstun."
I'm actually trying to get the homebrew channel all set up for my Wii at the moment. Just need a non-scratched Twilight Princess.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
jeez, when did we turn into the NM thread, arguing about which game is better? Anyway, I may go to Final Round in Atlanta so I can see forward play MvC2. If my tax rebate is good.

Edit: Hosting what at my place? I dunno, I'd need a schedule of it to consider.

jeez, when did we turn into the NM thread, arguing about which game is better? Anyway, I may go to Final Round in Atlanta so I can see forward play MvC2. If my tax rebate is good.

Edit: Hosting what at my place? I dunno, I'd need a schedule of it to consider.
youre lying its a wedding i know you

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I no longer love dave or care for meno. You have ruined my trust!

And Tim, when are we going to WiFi again?

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
But the demo just barely came out onto the 360 :\

Anyhow, seriously, get a 360, Nite. That way you can beat me at HDR.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
My gamertag on LIVE is UltraMoblin if anyone wants to play SC4, World at war, or... Fable II? lol. with me

although I'm still working on getting a headset so...

Yang, the main reason I wanna try brawl+ is to see if ganon can combo better in melee with the same hitstun - cuz ganon was made for hitstun combos in brawl, I swear to god, prolly even more than in melee. If it turns out kinda weak I'll probably ditch it.

Meno, you might be able to borrow my TP disk once I'm done with it. :p I don't even have the equipment now tho

and when tf did you move to UTAH demo!! I guess I was out a while, wow, unless you've just been living there all along...

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Dont worry guys, Yoshi is terrible in both games!!

We should play Brawl+, and tony should link to the tourney ruleset, cause im lazy.

On a side note, who here is interested in going to Final Round in March?

I only ask because I haven't heard talk of GG in the thread for a while now, aside from Moblin just picking it up.

Other **** to think about for the summer:
-Devastation
-Genesis
-Are they doing another AZOneTwostep? the TwoThreeStep? Not sure, would go again tho.
-EVO

I hope to have a second job here soon so I can save more for going OoS this summer. TBH im more interested in Guilty than Brawl right now, but would still travel with you guys for both games.

EDIT: who let 300 posts of worthless **** come out of my mouth, you all should be fired.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Dont worry guys, Yoshi is terrible in both games!!

We should play Brawl+, and tony should link to the tourney ruleset, cause im lazy.

On a side note, who here is interested in going to Final Round in March?

I only ask because I haven't heard talk of GG in the thread for a while now, aside from Moblin just picking it up.

Other **** to think about for the summer:
-Devastation
-Genesis
-Are they doing another AZOneTwostep? the TwoThreeStep? Not sure, would go again tho.
-EVO

I hope to have a second job here soon so I can save more for going OoS this summer. TBH im more interested in Guilty than Brawl right now, but would still travel with you guys for both games.

EDIT: who let 300 posts of worthless **** come out of my mouth, you all should be fired.
Don't forget about Vegas this June 13. That way we can smash again

Halfro

Smash Rookie
I saw a few people were unsure of where the EFL tournament was on the 28th of feb. Here are the details.

"Another tournament after a little break. The break is rewarded though, with TWO new games added to the EFL line up. SF4. Brawl. Crazy new game lineup. Lets make this one HYPHY!!!!!

When:
02-28-09

Where:
Starz FilmCenter
900 Auraria Parkway
Denver, CO 80204

What time:
Casuals start at 11am
Start time is 1pm

Games:
SF4
HDR
SC4
BRAWL*
GGAC

Side game:
TvC (ran by True Tech)

Format:
Community Fund: $10.00
Entry: $5.00
Double elimination
2/3 untill finals, 3/5 finals

Tournament Scedule:
1pm - 3pm SC4 and HDR (Brawl starting at 1pm and ongoing)
3pm - 5pm SF4 and AC (Brawl still ongoing)
5pm - 7pm Finals and clean up

TvC Time Frame??

We will probably have a few set ups for brawl, gg, ect.

Please bring your own controller. Some will be there but, if you own any you should bring it. We are going to be more strict about this if its really starts holding up tournaments.

*We are capping the entrants for brawl @ 32 man. Sorry, we just want to make sure that the overall tournament is
efficiently run and more importantly, FUN.

Please let us know you're coming!!! Sign up.

SF4:
Halfro
Krsjin
Kendrick
Vic
Izzy
Logos
Kyles
Pedro
Gd
Obi
Cisco
True Tech
Jackhound
Kyoshiro
Pixel
Isaak
Falling
Baka

HDR:
Halfro
Krsjin
Kendrick
Vic
Izzy
Logos
Kyles
Pedro
Gd
Obi
Cisco
Jackhound
Pixel
Isaak
Falling
Baka

SC4:
Krsjin
Vic
Kyles
Pedro
Moblin
tkid
Cisco

BRAWL:
1. SDSG
2. Grizzly
3. Spirit Dragon
4. Fluxus
5. BrownNite
6. Timotee
7. Dave
8. Cliche
9. The Marronator
10. Izzy
11. Meno
12. Ryuudo
13. El Lovo
14. Moblin
15. Kyoshiro
16. DTL
17. Mikezor
18.KenGee

TvC
Pix
True
Cisco
Cliche
Krsjin
Handsome Tim
Interim

GGAC:

Izzy
H.Tim
Ryuudo
Brown Nite
El Lovo
Halfro
Tage Proto
Cliche
Moblin
Obi "
KenGee

Also, Im still working on getting the gathering together at Red and Jerrys. Ill post up that info to when I get the full details.

:)

Top Bottom