• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ferdi and Yang got bent over and ***** by a Snake/MK team just a little while ago, remember? It's not because they had two S tier characters, either. Sinz made Ferdi's recovery his personal *****. It was embarrassing, until I realized that that's just what MK does: makes people his *****.
So Snake has absolutely no effect at that match at all right? I mean Snake vs. Marth is totally a 50/50 even matchup. I mean MK is the only deciding factor of winning cause he's soooooo good. And it's not like the match was close or anything, we got 8 stocked every single match.

Ban MK AND Snake, or don't ban at all, is all I'm saying.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Except they aren't. There's a reason that every player has been dropping their characters for him. Even DSF now runs MK, just so he can **** anyone who gives him a shred of trouble.

Example: Futile 3 stocked him in winnner's bracket with Wario. This is Brawl, and DSF. 3 stocks aren't easy unless you're fighting a weak player/character, neither of which DSF can be described as.

DSF came back from loser's and ***** the living hell out of Futile with MK.

Ferdi and Yang got bent over and ***** by a Snake/MK team just a little while ago, remember? It's not because they had two S tier characters, either. Sinz made Ferdi's recovery his personal *****. It was embarrassing, until I realized that that's just what MK does: makes people his *****.

Also, don't get all super-indignant about me forgetting about you. I haven't been on the boards in a while, and have only really been talking to people about it IRL. I believe I made the suggestion to go in the first place, since it had low-tier and I wanna do that shiz. I could be wrong on that, though.

Kyo, don't be stupid. Look back through the posts. We've posted that link like... 300000 times. Just find it.

Tim, team with Ferdi at the next Gameswirl. I wanna see how things go, especially if Yang is outta commission.

Jamaal, I'll ask him and find out. You BETTER get out on time, or I'll be VERY sad. If he says no, Imma ask Halfro or some crap like that.
we didn't even get *****...and if u noticed the reason why we lost was cause of snakes mine spamming cause it goes through platforms and **** and it works because there so much **** going on in doubles

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
So does anyone live out in Peyton/Falcon, or at LEAST Colorado Springs? All I'm seeing is Denver Denver Denver Denver Denver Denver, with the occasional town or city northwest of Denver.

I'm insanely competitive, but there's not a single person out where I live that shares my desire to beat everyone else. I absolutely suck at Brawl now compared to others because I have NO ONE to practice against. I'd like to finally find someone better than me. I know they're out there, EVERYWHERE, but none of them live within two hours of me.

Jebin_Zedalu

Smash Cadet
I saw one Springs thread. 3 pages. Latest post is referring to a tournament in the Denver area. Post before that is saying there are some Springs players, but they all post in "our thread" as the person put it. I would have to assume "our thread" is this one.

And I posted in that topic quite a few times. I took it upon myself to add each person in the topic to my contacts list on MSN and AIM to message them and ask if they wanted to start a Brawl get-together, as well as PMed them all. Only one person replied, and after a few days of discussing the possibility of a Brawl get together, he stopped talking and all I ever got were messages trying to lead me to download a computer virus.

If you also notice, doing a search for "springs" in the Southwest forums, you'll see a topic made by me asking if anyone would be interested in a Brawl group. That was quickly locked by someone who made their decision just as quickly and with just as little thought as what you seem to have done. He didn't notice the fact that the entire "Colorado thread" was filled with people in Denver, and that the Springs thread was empty and bare.

I'm not sure if you were trying to be condescending or rude about it, but it seemed that way, and to that I must say check these things yourself before posting. If you weren't trying to be rude and that's just the way I'm reading it, disregard my own "return rudeness".

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Ban every character with a name longer than 4 letters!
Yay Falc... wait...

Yay Luca... wait...

Ike! There you are! :D

Ike, Ness, Fox, Wolf, Pit, Link, and R.O.B. (unless in Japan) aren't banned.
Mr. Game And Watch and Zero Suit Samus would be ultra-banned.

Hey Tony, remember R.O.B.'s GOING MY WAY?! Yeah... that was awesome... :)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Sadly Jebin, all smash outside of Denver just seems to die away. Durango had a scene, and it died. The springs never really got a scene though. I mean, there are other people out there, since more then 12 people show up to big tourneys, they just don't smashboards it up. And sadly, we don't know who/where they are.

C!Z

Smash Lord
So I'll be in Arvada on the 16th a little after 6. Is anybody from the carpool goin to be playin that night for some practice? Anybody live close to Arvada?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
we didn't even get *****...and if u noticed the reason why we lost was cause of snakes mine spamming cause it goes through platforms and **** and it works because there so much **** going on in doubles
Really? I thought it was because Ferdi kept dying consistently under 80% to MK's reverse upb. I could be wrong, mind you...

You guys got *****. Or Ferdi did. I'm not sure which. It was really disheartening and a little aggravating to watch it happen, especially since Tim and I had come much closer with much "lower tier" characters. Then again, maybe it was the mines, since Tim and I tend to pay attention to where they're planted most times because we actually have to fight Ferdi. =/

Jebin, get ahold of Ravin. He's practically the only active Springs player, but he's not bad in the least.

MK isn't unbeatable, but it's incredibly hard and he has very few problems with any stage ever. He has no bad match-ups, no bad stages, his only weak point is how quickly he dies, which is made null by his stupid good zoning game. He's beatable at most of CO's level of play, but beyond that, it gets stupid hard, since there are some people (plank) who actually have the patience to just sit on the edge for the whole match.

Snake, on the other hand, is not only much easier to beat with almost any given character, but actually has BAD match-ups. I don't really see why we need to ban him just yet, even if you are winning consistently with him. You've lost to my Sonic with him (once, but still), Tim's Ness/Wario, and had a few other random losses. After Snake, who do you want banned next, Game and Watch? How about ROB? Let's become a low-tier only state!

Give me reasons for us to ban Snake, seriously. We aren't even banning MK yet because no one in Colorado is really lame enough to bother to pick him up for more than 10 minutes.

EDIT: Okay, who posted this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll-K_fv4ktA

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Snake is easy to beat with D3, Falco, MK(if they get gimped/don't camp.), and DK.

No need to ban him
He is much more beatable than MK is.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Thanks Tony. I'm gonna be late to work cause I watched that awesome Show Me Ya Moves video. That or I choose to not take a shower. Probably the latter :(

Still! Curse you Tony!

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
And Tim, Tony and Nite and any others that plan on going, we should probably get together sometime this week for a smash/gg fest and discuss OK.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'd like people to confirm whether they're going or not by tomorrow. So far we have:

Me
Tim
Nite
Ferdi?
Sam
Mikezor

I'd really like to get Jamaamamamalllllll to come, and anyone else we can manage. It'd be tight if Yangzzz could tag.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
What's with all the people playing Barwl here? What happened to you Colorado?
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN should go to Event 52 with us! There was actually someone in Kansas who actually REFERRED to you, he was like "that Colorado Yoshi", something to that effect. I was like "omg someone knows Ben!?!"

I'd like people to confirm whether they're going or not by tomorrow. So far we have:

Me
Tim
Nite
Ferdi?
Sam
Mikezor

I'd really like to get Jamaamamamalllllll to come, and anyone else we can manage. It'd be tight if Yangzzz could tag.
I prolly won't go, depends on if I have school as well as a few certain other things.

Ferdi edit:

Finalized melee tiers apparently

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199342

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
We has a tourney the day after thanksgiving Kash, you should come to it.

And ferdi, just win the fighter frenzy the next week. Plus you'll get to roadtrip with meeeeeeeeeeeeee.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
so i picked up slayer for gg cause i felt like it so no more mr SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL BADGUY. With that being said i would like to come to the next gg or whatever fest

Ravin

Smash Lord
So i heard you been talking **** about me Tony D:<

Lol.

Am I like, the only good smasher in the springs? This city sucks.

Top Bottom