• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Not to mention it's fuking stickied in the front of the thread at the very top of the ****ed page zzz..

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Work just told me that I'm no-way-in-hell exempted from working Black Friday weekend.

So I can't make it to OK. Also, I'll be working alternating weekends during the holiday months, starting Black Friday weekend until the weekend after Christmas. So my tourney/random hanging out appearances will be sliced and diced up.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Work just told me that I'm no-way-in-hell exempted from working Black Friday weekend.

So I can't make it to OK. Also, I'll be working alternating weekends during the holiday months, starting Black Friday weekend until the weekend after Christmas. So my tourney/random hanging out appearances will be sliced and diced up.
Ummm, just so you know, the tournament is the weekend before black friday. I work in retail too...

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
what the...

Ferdi edit: And who the hell from Colorado goes to check other smashboards topic but this one? I never went into any other topic since ages ago, if I find something I'm usually directed there by someone over at Gfaqs.

Geez what are you guys, NOT lazy? ****ing dumb.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Speaking of not lazy, here's our budget!

690.01 miles
* 2 (round-trip)
+20 (extra driving)
* 4 (yes, I'm paranoid about gas)
/4 (smallest amount of person per car)
/27 (MPG for each car, doing a lower estimate just in case)
$51.85 (gas total price per person)
+5 (venue fee)
$56.85

Add applicable fees.

* Brawl Singles - $1o.oo
* Brawl Doubles - $1o.oo (per team)
* Brawl Singles Low Tier Face-Off - $5.oo
* Melee Singles - $5.oo
* Melee Doubles - $5.oo (per team)
* Brawl State Crew Battle - $???

For example, I'm going to be entering Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Brawl
Crews, and Brawl Low-tier, so I would add $10+$5(since my teammate would pay the other half)+$5=20

So I need at least $76.85. I also plan on at LEAST $20 for food. We normally spend more because we go out to eat with groups at like... Denny's or VI. Do not complain when we do this, it happens at almost every single OoS event, so you should expect it by now. We do it to socialize with other states, and build our rep. I don't care how much you hate player x, to get people to come here, they have to want to come here. When they like us, they're more likely to come.

My bare-bones expenses come to $96.85. Another $15 for MMs=$111.85. Just because I like even numbers, I'll bring $120.

Quick breakdown:

$51.85 for gas.
$5 to enter the venue.
However much you want after that.

I suggest that we collect all the gas money AHEAD of time so that we don't have people not being able to pay because they spent all their money on food/MMs/whatever, since this happens fairly often, and people like Tim and Kenny are left paying an additional $60 or so more than they planned. Maybe we can make the confirmed pay date a week before the tournament, and we can keep all gas monies in an envelope per car.

Need money for this event? Are you over 18? Donate plasma 4 times in 2 weeks, and you just scored the $120 I budgeted! Hell, I'd even go so far as to suggest we all go do this together before the month is up. Who's down for that?

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Sounds good Tony, good job with the budget. That's actually a lot less than I expected. And I like all the ideas posted so, we need to talk about it a bit more.

oh, and for the record

DEVIL TIM!!!!!!
cleanse your evil mind!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Quick check mic check REPOST. Event 52. We are leaving FRIDAY Oct 17 and coming back MONDAY Oct 20.(as in leaving Monday morning so probably be back around evening)

Event 52 melee only tourney, Oct 18-19, bringing in everyone who's still pro:

http://www.jmloredo.com/Event52/meleeupdate.html

Entrance fee

- $20 for Singles
- $15 for Doubles
- $5 Venue Fee
(now why can't WE have this kind of entrance? The venue itself can hold 300 people!)

Prize split

- 1st - 50% + OoS Bonus($500)
- 2nd - 35%
- 3rd - 15%
- 4th - $20

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186283

With my 30(it's actually 32) MPG highway Car:

From my house it'll be 608 miles. 8 hours 47 minutes, 9 hours about.

608 / 30(my car's MPG highway) = 20.27

20.27 x $4(estimated $ per gallon) = $81.08

$81.08 / 5(people in my car) = $16.2 x 2 for round trip = $32.4 per person for gas

So if you're joining everything + gas its only going to be $72.4, about $75. Bringing in food just assume $100 would be it(depends on where you eat, I mean MickyDs everyday means its only going to add like $20 to actual money needed. $100 is safe but you can always bring more).

OC3 Chillin quotes

im MANA CLOUD i am thief of your MONEY because bombsoldiers dad is having a HEART ATTACK PROBLEM and he is very poor and eats only ice cream and cookies and works on a farm 23 hour DAYS 6 and four quarter days a WEEK

well good tournament everyone. congrats east coast taking top 3. unfortunately bombsoldier was plagued by several thousand bees while he was playing drephen and forward since he had honey on his shirt so he ended up 17th. the japanese are still way better than americans.

for people complaining about the venue suck it up. look at bombsoldier and disc they probably play with gamecubes plugged into trees in japan. no ammonia johns who knows what chemicals japanese players have to deal with.

Maplestory **** yeah

Sins are bad... all of them
God hates sins and you should too. There is no such thing as a good sin. I hear all the time, "it depends on the player", well, god doesn't like players either. Last i checked, adultery was a sin. Hey look... sin. Everything that is wrong in the world can be traced back to sins. Reason why humans aren't immortal, Adam and Eve messed things up, with the original sin. That's right. The first sin ever created condemned us all to death. Jesus died for our sins... wait.. your sins, since i don't have one. I'm sure Jesus isn't happy about losing 10%.

Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal. Two commandments, and what do sins do? They kill steal. So please, stop making sins... it's wrong. There are people who have been condemned to eternity of fire and brimstone, because they had sins. We should get rid of all sins, so we could have a cleaner world. Bambi would still have a mother if that hunter didn't sin. Sometimes i go to an afk sin, and summon bags on him, and then he's like... "why you kill me?" And i say, because it is god's will, the world is a better place w/o sins.

Don't get me started about dexless sins. It's merely a code for sexless, by taking the s in sin, and replacing the d in dexless. I don't know what sexless is, but if you don't belong to Adam or Eve, then you can expect to burn in eternal hellfires.

Why do sins compare damage all the time, envy... envy is a sin.
Why do 90% of sins Smega spam "Looking for girlfriend with NX" , lust... lust is a sin.
Why do sins require funding, sloth... sloth is a sin
Why do sins kill steal, avarice... avarice is a sin
Why do sins bother people forever if they so much as look at them funny, wrath... wrath is a sin.
Why do sins eat up so much junk, gluttony... gluttony is a sin
Why will sins come and defend their class after this topic, pride... pride is a sin

Sins are all evil. FACT.

Ergendirekt

Smash Apprentice
Quick check mic check REPOST. Event 52. We are leaving FRIDAY Oct 17 and coming back MONDAY Oct 20.(as in leaving Monday morning so probably be back around evening)

Event 52 melee only tourney, Oct 18-19, bringing in everyone who's still pro:

http://www.jmloredo.com/Event52/meleeupdate.html

Entrance fee

- $20 for Singles
- $15 for Doubles
- $5 Venue Fee
(now why can't WE have this kind of entrance? The venue itself can hold 300 people!)

Prize split

- 1st - 50% + OoS Bonus($500)
- 2nd - 35%
- 3rd - 15%
- 4th - $20

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186283

With my 30(it's actually 32) MPG highway Car:

From my house it'll be 608 miles. 8 hours 47 minutes, 9 hours about.

608 / 30(my car's MPG highway) = 20.27

20.27 x $4(estimated $ per gallon) = $81.08

$81.08 / 5(people in my car) = $16.2 x 2 for round trip = $32.4 per person for gas

So if you're joining everything + gas its only going to be $72.4, about $75. Bringing in food just assume $100 would be it(depends on where you eat, I mean MickyDs everyday means its only going to add like $20 to actual money needed. $100 is safe but you can always bring more).

OC3 Chillin quotes

im MANA CLOUD i am thief of your MONEY because bombsoldiers dad is having a HEART ATTACK PROBLEM and he is very poor and eats only ice cream and cookies and works on a farm 23 hour DAYS 6 and four quarter days a WEEK

well good tournament everyone. congrats east coast taking top 3. unfortunately bombsoldier was plagued by several thousand bees while he was playing drephen and forward since he had honey on his shirt so he ended up 17th. the japanese are still way better than americans.

for people complaining about the venue suck it up. look at bombsoldier and disc they probably play with gamecubes plugged into trees in japan. no ammonia johns who knows what chemicals japanese players have to deal with.

Maplestory **** yeah

Sins are bad... all of them
God hates sins and you should too. There is no such thing as a good sin. I hear all the time, "it depends on the player", well, god doesn't like players either. Last i checked, adultery was a sin. Hey look... sin. Everything that is wrong in the world can be traced back to sins. Reason why humans aren't immortal, Adam and Eve messed things up, with the original sin. That's right. The first sin ever created condemned us all to death. Jesus died for our sins... wait.. your sins, since i don't have one. I'm sure Jesus isn't happy about losing 10%.

Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal. Two commandments, and what do sins do? They kill steal. So please, stop making sins... it's wrong. There are people who have been condemned to eternity of fire and brimstone, because they had sins. We should get rid of all sins, so we could have a cleaner world. Bambi would still have a mother if that hunter didn't sin. Sometimes i go to an afk sin, and summon bags on him, and then he's like... "why you kill me?" And i say, because it is god's will, the world is a better place w/o sins.

Don't get me started about dexless sins. It's merely a code for sexless, by taking the s in sin, and replacing the d in dexless. I don't know what sexless is, but if you don't belong to Adam or Eve, then you can expect to burn in eternal hellfires.

Why do sins compare damage all the time, envy... envy is a sin.
Why do 90% of sins Smega spam "Looking for girlfriend with NX" , lust... lust is a sin.
Why do sins require funding, sloth... sloth is a sin
Why do sins kill steal, avarice... avarice is a sin
Why do sins bother people forever if they so much as look at them funny, wrath... wrath is a sin.
Why do sins eat up so much junk, gluttony... gluttony is a sin
Why will sins come and defend their class after this topic, pride... pride is a sin

Sins are all evil. FACT.

korgoth

Smash Rookie
Sam is correct. Also, it is on a Saturday, korgoth.
oh lol but yea i'm in the retail boat so really doubt i'll be able to get off but i'm planning on quitting soon anyways to get a better job

oh and whoever asked who i am, i'm just a guy i guess, used to play smash during melee but sorta stopped goin to stuff. maybe we met before i went to tim's house one weekend.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
We might make it to your place, Mike. Not positive, though, since we were also going to head up to the Springs. Hrm...

Either way, we need to start practicing again. CO for best state in everything ever.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey, could someone with Windows XP copy their rundll32.exe (found in the system 32 folder), and send it to me either via e-mail or like... qshare/rs/something?

Top Bottom