• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
lulz, she's kinda cute.

Anyway, just reposting the budget, and explaining how the OMG I HAFTA PAY U GUIZE BACK thing is going.

Distance: 849.18
*2 for round trip
+100 for additional driving
/14 for miles per gallon (11 in city, 16 on highway)
128.45 gallons of gas
*4 for price per gallon
$513.82
/5 for if MaGuS or someone else doesn't come
$102.76
/6 for people
$85.63
+15 for singles
$117.16
25 for teams (per team)
+$13 (just rounding up, assuming most teams split the cost evenly)
$130.16
+10 Venue Fee (gonna see if CO can still get free venue for every wii/tv we

bring, but Imma just add this in for now)
$140.16
+25 for Food!
$165.16 monies.

So, the grand total for when we have 5 people show up is $165, roughly. For 6
people attending, it'll be $15 less, so about $150. The reason I didn't write up 7 people as going is because I have to do the super awesome thing I did for OC3, and pay everyone back as soon as my FAFSA check arrives. If it shows up before we leave for AZ12, then I'll rebudget, but I'm not going to write it up as me having it until I do. In the instance of me not
getting it, everyone will be receiving either $33 (if five people show up) or $25 (if six show up). I'll owe additional money to whoever I bum off of for MMs, and still owe both Tim and Steve $10 a piece, lololol.

So, what I'm going to be doing is snagging $25 from everyone at the beginning.

This ensures that, not only do I have to pay everyone the same amount of money back (except for those that I bum MM money offa), but that I also pay an equal amount for the gas. Also, don't worry about it taking away from how much we need for the tournament, and all that. Conservation of blah blah blah, you guys know math. Those of you that don't, don't worry about it.

So yeah, AZ time. Let's kick some desert ***.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so the current plan for leaving today is thus:

Kaze, Tony, and Steve will show up at my place. When they've all assembled, we'll head over to Nite's and hang out until he can get his check, then we'll do that, drive south to pick up Mike, and be on our way.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably not going to be in the smash scene for a while. So I'll be out of your hair until you least expect it. Then BAM!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hows CO doing?

FERDI? LOVO? ERG? Where are you guys? Down for some online matches? PM me guys... I miss colorado...

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Would be, but my Wii went to gamestop to be cleaned. I won't get it back until Tuesday. Any of CO going to FAST? It'd be cool to see you guys around.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
You shouldn't play a game if it isn't fun. They are devices of entertainment. You side with m2k. I'll side with PC. Whom I'm mming. ^.^

But yeah, look forward to playing you!

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Hey, so I can't make it to most of these big brawl tourneys, so what do you guys think I should do to get better before August 9-10?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Buckle down and learn your Textbook combos first of all. Master advanced techs. Then manage every fest and tourney you can get your hands on or to. Mostly you learn from experience though, so your kinda sol.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I don't think they'll be back until about 10-ish tonight...

Or maybe it was early Monday morning, I don't remember. There's probably a link for the thread somewhere, honestly, I rather just wait hear the good news. Mmhmm.

And TheMarth, I concur with what Dark_Meow said, and emphasis on: you are pretty SoL. I guess the next thing to do would be find a lot of opponents through Wi-Fi. GameFAQs has a section for this, and I'm thinking AllIsBrawl does also...or maybe that's another site that I'm mistaken with? I dunno. :( also, favor no more than 3 characters early on; preferably not similar (so don't learn Fox, Falco, and Wolf or something silly.)

Why before those specific August dates, anyway?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Who won singles, and who won doubles for az12step?
Singles still going on, Tim in quarterfinals. Everyone else out. Doubles winners go check the AZ thread last posts.

I don't think they'll be back until about 10-ish tonight...

Or maybe it was early Monday morning, I don't remember. There's probably a link for the thread somewhere, honestly, I rather just wait hear the good news. Mmhmm.

And TheMarth, I concur with what Dark_Meow said, and emphasis on: you are pretty SoL. I guess the next thing to do would be find a lot of opponents through Wi-Fi. GameFAQs has a section for this, and I'm thinking AllIsBrawl does also...or maybe that's another site that I'm mistaken with? I dunno. :( also, favor no more than 3 characters early on; preferably not similar (so don't learn Fox, Falco, and Wolf or something silly.)

Why before those specific August dates, anyway?
eh? What's SoL? LOL AiB LOL Gfaqs LOL Brawl WiFi.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterg. Come one Tim, take home another championship for Colorado baby!! I should Tony and call and get some more updates. Let's go people!!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Absolutely nothing, you don't need to play a lot to win at brawl.
This guy doesn't know how to win at Brawl, so you probably shouldn't listen to him.

Buckle down and learn your Textbook combos first of all. Master advanced techs. Then manage every fest and tourney you can get your hands on or to. Mostly you learn from experience though, so your kinda sol.
That's the only part of his post you need to read. There are few, if any, actual combos in Brawl. You just have to learn how to fight characters, then how to beat people.

Anyway, sorry about not doing better at AZ12, but Colorado made the mistake of playing Melee while waiting for our brackets to start. All of us except for Tim kinda started ****ing around after that. I even went Jiggz against a Luigi, and tried to walltech his up-b and rest him. Didn't work so well.

So yeah, sorry. We were all kinda being stupid and immature, except for Tim. AZ's smash scene is big, but kinda weak, sans one or two players. Cali is strong, though, and if the rest of Texas is near Sethlon's level, then they aren't too shabby, either. Still, as far as smash west of AZ, CA is probably the best right now.

Also, Kash is pretty freakin' good now. I don't know how Sinz is winning those tournaments, aside from LOL Snake.

We're bringing Melee back. Our scene is the exact same size as it was for Melee, and we only have like.... 2 or 3 new people. Most of us want to go back to Melee, and just practice Brawl sporadically. We'll still play it for OoS and to make money, but Melee really is light years ahead of it.

DarkMeow, you play competitively to either make money, or make a name. Maybe to learn/make friends. When you play for money, you play games that you can win at, that generate the most money. That's why M2K plays Brawl, and Ferdi does, as well. Too bad Ferdi can't take Jeris, amirite?

Taj lies, btw, and punches innocent people in the face. What a jerk.

More later. I'm dead.

EDIT: DFG, we need to talk about the rules, but I'm lazy right now. I'll post about it later.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Too bad Ferdi can't take Jeris, amirite?
This is pretty much true, melee wise. I seriously can't keep up with Luigi, same reason everyone else loses to him, cept Rafa since he knows how to play Luigi(after all this time I still don't think we know how to deal with him). Fortunately, I still play most characters at a higher level than most.

This does not apply to brawl yet, cause I mean, Snake is broken as ****.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
This is pretty much true, melee wise. I seriously can't keep up with Luigi, same reason everyone else loses to him, cept Rafa since he knows how to play Luigi(after all this time I still don't think we know how to deal with him). Fortunately, I still play most characters at a higher level than most.

This does not apply to brawl yet, cause I mean, Snake is broken as ****.
Seriously, the misfire has saved Jeris' *** against me so many times. I can't stress that enough.

Jeris has been manhandling Snake players left and right. I do kinda agree about Snake being broken to hell, though.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Wanted to give a HUGE shoutout to the CO smashers.

It was great seeing you guys again. Tony, you're f***ing awesome. It's a blast hanging out with you.

Good s*** Tim for beating me in losers and good s*** to the rest of the CO smashers that came.

We'll definitely come to the CO tournament in August (all smash games).

*cries* I miss you guys already.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry Ferdi, my Olimar just wasn't warmed up when I got up against DSF, and it hadn't done well earlier on. I didn't get any warm up in before the tournament, because I was in first pools, then waited like 4 hours to play a match.

I lost to a side b/up b spamming Marf first round, then managed to kick my way through losers to get up to 7th.

DSF's Snake is a frigging beast. Near perfect spacing, jab cancelling, and use of mortars to keep me off balance. That dude is gooooooooood.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Ferdi, my Olimar just wasn't warmed up when I got up against DSF, and it hadn't done well earlier on. I didn't get any warm up in before the tournament, because I was in first pools, then waited like 4 hours to play a match.

I lost to a side b/up b spamming Marf first round, then managed to kick my way through losers to get up to 7th.

DSF's Snake is a frigging beast. Near perfect spacing, jab cancelling, and use of mortars to keep me off balance. That dude is gooooooooood.
So like...it plays like every other Snake?

Anyways, good job though, getting up to 7th from 80 people isn't bad considering who you're playing. I'd like to see a bracket instead of just results though.

And again, everyone stop the need to warm up. Seriously.

Oh and to everyone not in C3: http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=87

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMG Power rankings have begun!

Colorado, who do you want to be in charge of Power Rankings for your state? The person would be responsible for assigning panelists, keeping the list up do date, etc...

This is a great opportunity to spur competition!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Diablo 2 LADDER RESET IS GOING ON!

New patch info:

- Patch 1.12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloadable Installer Support

- If all required Diablo 2 '.MPQ' files are installed on the
hard drive, the game will no longer require the CD to play.

For users that originally performed a 'Full Installation'
and wish to run without the CD, all '.MPQ' files should
be copied from the Diablo 2 CDs to the Diablo 2 directory.
Most users will only need to copy D2Music.mpq from the
Diablo 2 Play CD and/or D2xMusic.mpq from the Lord of
Destruction CD. Mac users will need to copy these music
files and rename them to 'Diablo II Music' and
'Diablo II Expansion Music' respectively.

Anyone who did not perform a 'Full Installation' will need
to re-install from CD again to ultimately play without the CD.
In this case, a 'Full Installation' is required, followed by file
copy step noted above.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed an incompatibility between Rosetta and OpenGL mode on Intel Mac.

So you don't need to use D2Loader anymore. This same patch has applied to Starcraft too basically and you don't need a CD to run it.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
And War3 also. Blizzard has some smart cookies working for them. They know everybody was just using outside methods to get around the CD check. Pretty cool of them to do this if you ask me.

Now then... power rankings...

Top Bottom