• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
remix

So, seriously, who is going to az12step? Mikez, Ferdi, Tony, Tim, Cliche, Jeris, Magus, Kaze...?(possibly)?

WTF KIND OF ROAD TRIP IS THIS GOING TO BE? NO FERDI? NO HEIBRAHI? NO RAFA? Man this sucks.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Odd, I was under the distinct impression that that's what you've been arguing this whole time.
Well, your impression was wrong.

In your argument I see "You're an idiot if you die by the hazards" which you could also argue for The Summit, pictochat, and other stages. Yes, staying away from the bow is a good idea as well as avoiding the bombs, but the fact remains that the insta-kill is still there, the temporary wall still exists, and the bombs aren't as easy to avoid as you're making them out to be when you're in a heated match.

And if the wallshine doesn't work, then tell me why I've been trapped in it there by fluga? I guess I must not have tested it out...... And wait, the bow comes back and you're still fighting? You must be handicapped to get tossed in? Uh........no

Are you seriously taking this personally?

*edit*
Jamaal, Celtics owned the Lakers. Kobe has nothing! NOTHING!

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
No MaguS either, can't afford it. My financial aid check is going to be here later than I thought, and my dad filled out my taxes wrong so I owe gov. 180 dollars. Sorry.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Wow Colorado, way to come through when its needed...

Magus, how much did you think it would cost? Did you just add Venue Fees and Tourny fees and figure that was going to be it?

And Kaze, why did you wait until now to try to get the days off? Its not like it snuck up on you, we have only been talking about it since before NM...

A little frustrating to see people bailing as it comes down to the wire here....

EoW

Smash Apprentice
look at these money johns. if i must i may be willing to accidently let some people slip through the door that nocks 10 bucks off! MAYBE

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
And Kaze, why did you wait until now to try to get the days off? Its not like it snuck up on you, we have only been talking about it since before NM...
What's the matter, Steve?

Hey... I'm lazy ok? plus I was unsure if I wanted to go since my friend couldn't make it.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
T_T Wait wtf
im not going now?

And Kaze
Whoever gave me pikachu and Mk against that amazing samus is a jerk
I cant believe i got my worst characters back to back >.>
And i cant believe i actually almost won
Yay random >.>

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Hey cliche, I also have a car payment and insurance and books to pay for, I was banking on the financial aid check coming, I have money in the bank but that's for the above expenses (car payment etc.) and the 180 dollars for taxes was unexpected so I also have that to take care of. Think what you want, real life is more important than games at the moment.

Not to mention, would you prefer I wait until Thursday to announce that I won't be going?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well, your impression was wrong.

In your argument I see "You're an idiot if you die by the hazards" which you could also argue for The Summit, pictochat, and other stages. Yes, staying away from the bow is a good idea as well as avoiding the bombs, but the fact remains that the insta-kill is still there, the temporary wall still exists, and the bombs aren't as easy to avoid as you're making them out to be when you're in a heated match.

And if the wallshine doesn't work, then tell me why I've been trapped in it there by fluga? I guess I must not have tested it out...... And wait, the bow comes back and you're still fighting? You must be handicapped to get tossed in? Uh........no

Are you seriously taking this personally?

*edit*
Jamaal, Celtics owned the Lakers. Kobe has nothing! NOTHING!
The Summit's problem isn't the hazards. It's the ice, the low grav, and the ungrabbable ledges. Pictochat, you can't really say that you can avoid the hazards, as they randomly appear, with no rhyme or reason. However, few of them, if any, are lethal at low percent.

The temporary wall doesn't even appear every round, nor do the bombs. The bombs are REALLY easy to avoid. The only reason I got hit was because I was being stupid. You can shield them, sidestep them, roll away, or just run/jump.

If you've been trapped in there, then I 'onno what to say. I'm fairly sure you can SDI out, but the mechanics may have changed for it.

The bow comes back AFTER the ship drops. You see it coming, just like anything else. If you get thrown in, it really is your fault.

For a stage to be banned because of hazards, there needs to be an incident that is single-handedly game-breaking (I.E. WarioWare randomly granting stars to some, and size+ to others). If that weren't the case, everything except for BF, FD, and Smashville would likely be banned. Using a cumulation of events to justify a banning doesn't work, unless they work simultaneously, and are unstoppable. For banning stages, it's not 1+1=2, 2=< ban, therefore if stage has 1+1+1, it should. It's more along the lines of x=>2, then stage=banned, with no adding of any events that don't occur simultaneously.

I'm not taking this personally, I'm just shooting down arguments as they arise.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I thought the fish was a big part for The Summit being banned as well.

Anyhow, I see your point, but I still feel uneasy about it. It took me forever to accept Delfino as a CP, and it probably will be the same for Pirate Ship.

For future reference, if you post your points, don't put in personal attacks (regardless of how stupid me or anyone else is). It makes things personal.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I wasn't saying you as in you. I mean anyone that lets it happen to them. The fish is easy to avoid. The rest of it isn't.

Aside from that, I guess mah work here is done.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Wait, I thought Jeris wasn't coming,

That leaves us with 6, rumor has it that MIkezor has a 6 seater grandpas car that would work beautifully for this trip. My thoughts are that we should confirm that, then take it to AZ.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it won't be so bad after all then. Too bad Ferdi isn't coming because then I could own him in Bleach DS pig dittos.
Holy **** mikezor plays Bleach now xD
Bery nice

And jeris isnt going cause hes being lame about it
and knows hes going to lose cause i was confirmed >.>

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
So I had the idea to start hosting a Denver Bi-Weekly soon,
I liked the Bi-weeklys up in boulder but they dont seem to be happening very consistently.

So if you guys would be interested, I would start trying to get things together for weekends where no tournies are scheduled.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
We should host em in Denver. I feel bad dragging you all to Boulder -.- I am open in July for hosting something, so lemme know what's up!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Attention all Smash players in Colorado. I'm glad to announce that InterimofZeal , Jamal, and Steve will be our official tournament directors for all Cutthroat Smash players for the 2008-2009 season. They bring a lot of experience to the table and they will do a great job this year running smash for the chapter. Tony, you wanted it and now you have it. The Summer Slugger Smash Event is here:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/summerslugger3.php

Pre-registration will open in July!! Bring all the big players, big numbers

My bad on spelling your alias wrong Tony!! :)

Top Bottom