• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Less SC More N:CotN Revo imo.

Also, how do you guys feel about this rule to pick the first stage of a set??

Seemed interesting, let me know.

NorCal's Knockout Rule

Players may, for the first match, choose the stage by alternately knocking out neutral stages until only one remains.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Less SC More N:CotN Revo imo.

Also, how do you guys feel about this rule to pick the first stage of a set??

Seemed interesting, let me know.

NorCal's Knockout Rule

Players may, for the first match, choose the stage by alternately knocking out neutral stages until only one remains.
Seems broken. But idk, I guess it's allright since it's just for the first match. But how do you determine who knocks which stage first?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
We could only do the knockout rule if we had an odd number of CP, otherwise whoever goes first gets a huge say in what's going down.

Also, if we were to do it, it would only be allowed if both players agree.

Leaving Friday, no hotel. We're staying at StONe's.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Do we have a final headcount yet? I need to know if I gotta ask for the suburban, or if we're truckin' in a smaller vehicle.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. So, seriously, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

Remix am i rite?

But seriously guys, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. So, seriously, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

Remix am i rite?

But seriously guys, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace

Remix am i rite?

Are you so HIV POSITIVE about that?

We have a pretty cool group of diverse Smashers here on Colorado Smash Boards. I just wanted to throw that out there. I love you guys.

And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9HSaVGnCzM

... And DAAAAAAAAAAYUMMM: http://youtube.com/watch?v=afXqthLGRck
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUMM

Ferdi edit:

Mario is super awesome

http://marioisawesome.ytmnd.com/

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
So, we are leaving at what time Friday and getting back when?

We have a pretty cool group of diverse Smashers here on Colorado Smash Boards. I just wanted to throw that out there. I love you guys.
I dunno if I can buy that.... = / (see exhibit A)

Exhibit A:
Remix am i rite?

But seriously guys, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir, koikaze (WTF guys? no love for koikaze).

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Colorado:

Do you guys have a power rankings list? We're going to be making rankings for all of the southwest region pretty soon. So if you're not already working on one, try to!

Later!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
After some thorough testing(like 10 minutes)

*Squirtle/Mario*

- Water Gun and FLUDD pushes Snake upwards but his momentum stays(so if he cyphered towards the stage at the beginning, your water attack makes him go up and into the stage, basically helping him). Since the cypher doesn't go anywhere but up hitting Snake with water gun/FLUDD only helps him.
- Water Gun and FLUDD doesn't do anything if it hits the cypher, only if it hits Snake will he be pushed up.
- Snake's SideB goes through WG/FLUDD with barely any delay
- Snake's grenades can be pushed with WG/FLUDD. I have no idea on the angle I got too bored to figure it out. Sometimes you stop the grenade with WG/FLUDD, and sometimes you push the grenade with WG/FLUDD, probably has something to do with it being hit AFTER bouncing.
- Snake's Dsmash can be destroyed with WG/FLUDD
- Have not tested on mortar sliding(I did all this on a Lv9 computer) so if someone could get on that.

*Mario ONLY*

- Caping Snake DURING his UpB changes the direction he's going! Unfortunately, he gets his UpB back
- Caping Snake BEFORE his UpB, like, RIGHT before, changes the direction he's going and DOESN'T give him another UpB!!!!!(You can still C4 recover then re-do the UpB I'm assuming)
- Caping Snake's SideB does almost nothing to it, it just moves up and makes it ready for a direct hit to Mario
- Caping Snake's Grenades returns them to him
- Caping Snake's Dsmash blows it up
- Have not tested on mortar sliding(I did all this on the same Lv9 computer) so if someone could get on that.
And lets get started on that power ranking:

1) Snake
2) Britney
3) The friggin sun
4) Tony
5) Aerial Ace Dugtrio

someone help me out here.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Btw anything happening today? I got out of school for the year but I might need to drop my sister off for skating or something and pick her up so I might not be able to go anywhere and I work tomorrow.

Ferdi edit:

Since everyone will most likely miss it. Ferdi's Ike >>> Ryuu's Ike

Only my Ike can do that the guy was taping me play in some dumb custom stage. Make sure to check Marth's stocks during it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MYdA7yFDmko

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
We'd be leaving Friday, most likely EARLY morning, and coming back Sunday.

MikeZ, Jeris, Tim, Steve, Ferdi, Me, possibly Khadir/Twins/NITE?!?!

Btw, Imma hafta do the OC3 thing. You'll get your monies back once teh student loan comes in this month.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Tony, I retract my "Norfair should be legal" statement seeing that I just saw your point via some ******* online. I do not, however, retract saying that Pirate Ship should be banned. I'll have to investigate this matter versus Tim until I do so.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Pirate Ship doesn't need to be banned. If you lose to Tim there, it's because you played poorly. Simple as that.

EDIT: Not saying Tim is bad, or it's easy to beat him there, but it's possible.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
We'd be leaving Friday, most likely EARLY morning, and coming back Sunday.

MikeZ, Jeris, Tim, Steve, Ferdi, Me, possibly Khadir/Twins/NITE?!?!

Btw, Imma hafta do the OC3 thing. You'll get your monies back once teh student loan comes in this month.

I think its Mikezor, Tony, Tim, Jeris, Ferdi, Kaze, and Me FOR SURE.

Khadir / Twins / Nite maybe. thats 7 sure and another 3 maybe. I think we are gonna need a bigger boat...

Ok, upon further research, Pirate ship does need to be banned.

Please go to this link to see the compilation of research ive done.

Banning pirate ship compendium

It has its own theme song, how can we be expected to stop it?!?!?!?

And is it just me, or does the beginning of each verse seem to be saying "Tims Ness is Imba..."

Crazy ****.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I think its Mikezor, Tony, Tim, Jeris, Ferdi, Kaze, and Me FOR SURE.

Khadir / Twins / Nite maybe. thats 7 sure and another 3 maybe. I think we are gonna need a bigger boat...

Ok, upon further research, Pirate ship does need to be banned.

Please go to this link to see the compilation of research ive done.

Banning pirate ship compendium

It has its own theme song, how can we be expected to stop it?!?!?!?

And is it just me, or does the beginning of each verse seem to be saying "Tims Ness is Imba..."

Crazy ****.
That's a lol and a half, my friend.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. The Summer Slugger Flyer is up compliments of our man Erin Varao. Please download and advertise at all game locations yoiu know of especially in the Springs.

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/SummerSlugger.php

Smashers, the NVGA is working with all the Smash communities that we know i.e Houston, Colorado, New Mexico to develope a universal rule list for Smash and all other games for the NVGA. Using the ones that we use now and what others use we will coming up with a template that I will have you comment on. I will this ready by next week.

Tony, when can we meet man? When are you available next week. I want to get this done so we can be on the same page.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
MWF are the days I'm open. We could also meet sometime this weekend, if you want. I need your phone/address, though, since my phone is being dumb. D:

Also, I'd REALLY suggest making venue fee only $10 for Smash.

FAKE EDIT: Nvm, misread that. I think the pot entry fee for SSBB should be $10, but that's just me.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Double Post for AZ12step importance:

Singles are on Sunday, so we won't be heading back until late Sunday night. I'd suggest we all prepare for a night drive complete with high caffeine levels.

Top Bottom