• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Seriously, rankings are a bad idea right now. They're going to either discourage or encourage the wrong people. Odd as it seems, everyone in the top 7 or so is too close together to really say who is better currently.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Seriously, rankings are a bad idea right now. They're going to either discourage or encourage the wrong people. Odd as it seems, everyone in the top 7 or so is too close together to really say who is better currently.
I agree. And plus, I'm in Germany, and you can't have a tournament when I'm in Germany, now can you? XD

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Way to fail and pick the wrong Ness. I've never seen Tim lose at Pirate Ship with his boy, only Tony.

*edit*
And Tony didn't actually get owned, seeing that it was so close.
What? I've beaten it with MY GaW, who said anything about Yang vs. Tony? Only reason I don't play him there with GaW anymore is cause I wanted to see if my other characters can beat him(they couldn't, but I haven't tried Snake yet).

Ferdi edit: And how would you know I've never beaten it before anyways considering you've only see Tim play during tourneys and very few smashfests while I go to their house like once/twice every week. Of course this happened way back since nowadays we dont even play on counterpick stages.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Tony, I'm having a similar discussion with the 2D/3D fighters right now. I've been thinking of making the entry structure like this:

Small Events for Smash
$10 venue
$10 pot

Big Events i,e C3T
$15 venue
$15 pot

Since the Smash communit is very large and strong in Colorado they require two days of Smash to get everything done as well as to support the large scene. That's why I would charge 10 and 15 for venue fee. All of you take up some space!! :) :) Is this something that everyone can live with in terms of pot fee though. Venue has to be that way now just to accomondate for these events.

As for meeting let's get together Monday and get this done so we can move foward!! Here is my number 303-808-7746 and all my other contact info is here:

www.coloradocutthroat.com/contact.php

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Just been busy. Haven't even been practicing with Tim and Steve lately. D:

Steve, was it you that was willing to help? I can't remember who my 3rd is, and I was just gonna toss Jamaal in as the staff member.

Demo, I lost v Yang. Yang has NEVER played GaW before, and I've played Ness a few times. Really, it was the stage that killed me, but it was my own fault for letting it happen, so whatever. Tim isn't unbeatable there.

I'll give you guys the same **** hint I've BEEN giving you.

Ness needs the lead in order to win there. To take away the lead, what can you do?

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
What? I've beaten it with MY GaW, who said anything about Yang vs. Tony? Only reason I don't play him there with GaW anymore is cause I wanted to see if my other characters can beat him(they couldn't, but I haven't tried Snake yet).

Ferdi edit: And how would you know I've never beaten it before anyways considering you've only see Tim play during tourneys and very few smashfests while I go to their house like once/twice every week. Of course this happened way back since nowadays we dont even play on counterpick stages.
I never said you haven't beat it, I'm just saying you never owned it.

*edit* Also, Tony, I did a couple of runs on pirate ship. I think I found a couple of counterpicks for Ness, but I'd rather try them out in person.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
So, if we're unable to own a character on their counterpick stage, it should be banned? That seems to defeat the purpose of a counter-pick.

And you all fail horribly as far as completing my meme. D:<

EDIT: I think we should do set continuations from now on with our tournaments. Opinions?

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
So, if we're unable to own a character on their counterpick stage, it should be banned? That seems to defeat the purpose of a counter-pick.
Where are you getting this stuff? Nobody ever said anything even close to arguing that. I know you're trying to prove a point, but you keep arguing as if every one of my posts is anti-Pirate Ship. They aren't. Stop looking for arguments where they aren't residing.

Yes, I'm still uneasy with Pirate Ship, not just because of Ness' water camping being annoying and hard to stop, that's just a part of it. The bombs aren't simplistic, in order to avoid them you must pay attention. Yes, you should obviously always pay attention, even though you lose focus at times in heated 1v1 matches. I'm not saying the bombs are bannable grounds by themselves, the bombs aren't even that big of a deal, but then you bring the bow into play.

The bow has the insta-killing power, meaning you can get hit straight into it (hard to do) or ganon and diddy can side-b you into it . Regardless, alone, the bow isn't too much of a problem.

The final issue, combined with the rest altogether are what makes me think it should be banned. When the ship hits the rocks, it becomes a wall, wallshining and other unstoppable tactics come in for a small time, but then the bow is back and you can easily be KO'd by it by a smart smasher.

I'm open to your opinions Tony. I'm willing to change my mind if you can give me more reasons as to why it shouldn't be banned.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Yes, I'm still uneasy with Pirate Ship, not just because of Ness' water camping being annoying and hard to stop, that's just a part of it. The bombs aren't simplistic, in order to avoid them you must pay attention. Yes, you should obviously always pay attention, even though you lose focus at times in heated 1v1 matches. I'm not saying the bombs are bannable grounds by themselves, the bombs aren't even that big of a deal, but then you bring the bow into play.
Halberd has some of the same ****, easier to see yes, but its easier to knock someone into the beam for a free 30% dmg. Pictochat even has the spikes / fire / flower that can kill, or even the wind that can gimp recoveries when unexpected.

The bow has the insta-killing power, meaning you can get hit straight into it (hard to do) or ganon and diddy can side-b you into it . Regardless, alone, the bow isn't too much of a problem.
I have yet to see this happen, but it comes with risks to both players, if Diddy / Ganon side-b into the bow and miss, they just wasted a stock.

The final issue, combined with the rest altogether are what makes me think it should be banned. When the ship hits the rocks, it becomes a wall, wallshining and other unstoppable tactics come in for a small time, but then the bow is back and you can easily be KO'd by it by a smart smasher.
Again no different than Delfino / Corneria / Rainbow Cruise.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Halberd has some of the same ****, easier to see yes, but its easier to knock someone into the beam for a free 30% dmg. Pictochat even has the spikes / fire / flower that can kill, or even the wind that can gimp recoveries when unexpected.

I have yet to see this happen, but it comes with risks to both players, if Diddy / Ganon side-b into the bow and miss, they just wasted a stock.

Again no different than Delfino / Corneria / Rainbow Cruise.
I'm the guy who wanted pictochat and delfino banned. And again, combine all of the hazards together, them being alone doesn't do much.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Where are you getting this stuff? Nobody ever said anything even close to arguing that. I know you're trying to prove a point, but you keep arguing as if every one of my posts is anti-Pirate Ship. They aren't. Stop looking for arguments where they aren't residing.
Odd, I was under the distinct impression that that's what you've been arguing this whole time.

You can see them coming from a mile away. If you get hit by them, you're playing like an idiot, and deserve to die. I deserved to lose to Yang because I didn't pay attention for that one cannonball.

PROTIP: If you don't want to get killed by the bow, don't fight near it! Simple solution!

Even if you fight near it, you really shouldn't get killed by it unless it's a teams match and you literally have no way of avoiding it.

Now, I could be wrong, but I do think you're bsing about the wallshine. You can probably be infinite grabbed, but the way shining normally works is that it doesn't work on sloped walls. The infinite grab could be a problem, but, again, if you don't want it to happen, don't go near that side of the ship.

BS with the "you can easily be KO'd by a smart smasher" comment, if referring to as the bow comes back. You should rephrase it to read as, "you can easily be KO'd by a smart smasher if you're mentally handicapped". Seriously.

I'm open to your opinions Tony. I'm willing to change my mind if you can give me more reasons as to why it shouldn't be banned.
If you need any more reasons than that, you're about as open minded as the guy running Evo. This is a personal agenda banning, or a misinformed banning. Not really sure which it is. Either way, it is a ban supported with no facts, and only malformed information. If you want it to actually be banned, give real facts and reasons, not this "well, it could maybe sorta happen, even though I've obviously not tested any of this" rabble.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I vote to ban pirate ship for lots of reasons. The main one being its on my personal agenda. The secondary one being I am misinformed. Is that good enough for you Tony?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I vote to ban pirate ship for lots of reasons. The main one being its on my personal agenda. The secondary one being I am misinformed. Is that good enough for you Tony?
Now that's a solid argument. Pirate Ship is banned forever in Colorado, those found even mentioning its name shall dance a gallow's jig.

I had to redo the budget, since Jeris and Ferdi can't come.

Mikez, Nite, Tony, Tim, Cliche, Kaze, and possibly MaGus are who I'm budgeting for.

So, here's our budget for AZ12:

Distance: 849.18
*2 for round trip
+100 for additional driving
/14 for miles per gallon (11 in city, 16 on highway)
128.45 gallons of gas
*4 for price per gallon
$513.82
/5 for if MaGuS or someone else doesn't come
$102.76
/6 for people
$85.63
+15 for singles
$117.16
25 for teams (per team)
+$13 (just rounding up, assuming most teams split the cost evenly)
$130.16
+10 Venue Fee (gonna see if CO can still get free venue for every wii/tv we bring, but Imma just add this in for now)
$140.16
+25 for Food!
$165.16 monies.

So, the grand total for wen we have 5 people show up is $165, roughly. For 6 people attending, it'll be $15 less, so about $150.

The reason I didn't write up 7 people as going is because I have to do the super awesome thing I did for OC3, and pay everyone back as soon as my FAFSA check arrives. If it shows up before we leave for AZ12, then I'll rebudget, but I'm not going to write it up as me having it until I do. In the instance of me not getting it, everyone will be receiving either $33 (if five people show up) or $25 (if six show up). I'll owe additional money to whoever I bum off of for MMs, and still owe both Tim and Steve $10 a piece, lololol.

So yeah, Colorado, here's our budget. It's a LOT cheaper than I expected, honestly. Maybe we should take the suburban to OoS tournaments more often. :D!

Oh, also, I would strongly suggest our better players bring money for crews, just in case. I would also suggest EVERYONE bring money for MMs. It's a great way to prove yourself outside of tournament, show off, or just play people that are better than you, so that you can improve your game exponentially. I cannot stress this enough, especially for our newer players. Seriously, if you play people like Taj and Forward, even for 15 minutes, you'll grow much faster as a player than if you were to keep playing... not Taj and Forward.

That's the situation, guize. I'll talk to DFG about maybe giving us money, but I'm not entirely sure whether he can or not.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Magus CHE CHE CHECKING INNN

But seriously, who all is going to az12step Mikez, Nite, Tony, Tim, Cliche, Kaze, MaGus? confirmeeed

When are we leaving, and how many days am I going to need to take off plox tell meh.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
We'll be leaving early-ish Friday, and heading back here Sunday after Singles. That means we won't be back in CO until probably 10am Monday, at best.

Top Bottom