• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

DarumaBlue

Smash Rookie
Back on. Anyhow that Wolf Lucario match was by far the most intense. I gotta say, the more I play against Lucario, the more I really loathe him. His smash attacks last a LONG time. That keeps throwing me off, and I end up landing in the last few milliseconds of blue energy and destruction. Anyhow, I had a newbie player here. She enjoyed the game, I think, but judging by her dependency on the B button maybe not.

I played as Dedede, Link, Fox, Wolf and Olimar, just in case you were wondering. Your Bowser is surprisingly good, by the way.

Also, to the hordes of people on this board I exchanged friend codes with, only two seem to have added me.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
MoblinMan, out of all the new people in the Colorado Smash Scene, I give the most grown award to you. Keep playing, you're getting way better than you used to be. It makes me happy :D!!!!

And you can start the match as Sheik you know, just press A on her figure at the character select screen.
Thanks a ton! That's means a lot to me, since I can't quite drive anywhere to play people live a lot, and I felt I was stagnating by only playing online-matches! I was starting to doubt my abilities.

Also, I really appreciate your patience. how long did we play for, an hour and half??! I learned a lot. That was the first time I played sheik for an extended period of time - thanks for showing my how to play her, lol. I was starting to worry that you were going to run out of different characters to 2 or 3-stock me with and our session would be over :p

I think I'm pretty much set on sheik as my main - do you have any things that I could improve on her specifically? (or my technique in general.. I KNEW there was some trick to start out as her... but then I realized I never took the time to actually find out what that was)

"I am Legend" was awesome when I saw it in theaters. I should get the DVD

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
hm... I seem to use too many emoting smiley faces in my posts, also -- on the rough draft the code for them doesn't look quite so obnoxious XD

edit: deleted them

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Gah...I'm down for a few rounds since my LEGITIMATE .ISO BACKUP of Persona 2 keeps freezing and aggravating me. :| So now that I'm aggravated, I'm a much easier win than normal cause I can't keep my composure :laugh:

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Just letting everybody know that im taking a break from smash for awhile... mainly a forced break.

My online is still non-existant. I suppose I could pester Jordon to get him to give me a ride to his place, but ive got school and ive rediscovered books...

so when i do get m net fixed and rejoin the smash scene completely, ill bee pretty noobish in comparison.

... no matter, the new handicap system seems to work quite well... by the way, what do you guys think of it. the handicap system in melee was horrible as it taught you nothing, no usable combos at any practical situation.
but my just changing the % someone starts out on, it seems like setting the handicap to auto would be a great way to do things like feel free to try out new characters against a completive player

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Fun playing with ya again Demo. You're getting better, just need to work on the predictability a bit. =D

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Back on. Anyhow that Wolf Lucario match was by far the most intense. I gotta say, the more I play against Lucario, the more I really loathe him. His smash attacks last a LONG time. That keeps throwing me off, and I end up landing in the last few milliseconds of blue energy and destruction. Anyhow, I had a newbie player here. She enjoyed the game, I think, but judging by her dependency on the B button maybe not.

I played as Dedede, Link, Fox, Wolf and Olimar, just in case you were wondering. Your Bowser is surprisingly good, by the way.

Also, to the hordes of people on this board I exchanged friend codes with, only two seem to have added me.
My bowser's good? I just mess around with him. I wouldn't call him good in any way shape or form. But thanks.

So far I'm best with pit. (Well I think)

Fun playing with ya again Demo. You're getting better, just need to work on the predictability a bit. =D
Your PT amazed me, seeing that I haven't played one that actually knew what he was doing until now. Good games, fun, you switch things up instead of staying the same character *stares at yang*

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I added you when I saw I hadn't, Daruma, if bacon shows up, then it went through. But I can't come join the FFA, as I've already removed my pants.

And yeah, Demo's best is Pit. It spaces and times much better than the others. You could spam a bit more if you wanted, but I understand not doing it. I had actually hoped you would a bit so I could just stand there with Link's shield and be a smartarse, but noooo. Had to play the fighting Pit.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I added you when I saw I hadn't, Daruma, if bacon shows up, then it went through. But I can't come join the FFA, as I've already removed my pants.

And yeah, Demo's best is Pit. It spaces and times much better than the others. You could spam a bit more if you wanted, but I understand not doing it. I had actually hoped you would a bit so I could just stand there with Link's shield and be a smartarse, but noooo. Had to play the fighting Pit.
Sorry I ditched yeah after only three matches. I wanted to play more but my roommate and two other of my friends all wanted to play so I had to get off. But good matches anyways.

Good game Ryuu, Daruma, and Mike. Sorry that I was static using Pit, but I'm trying to see whether or not I'm going to main him.
BTW just added ya

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Good game Ryuu, Daruma, and Mike. Sorry that I was static using Pit, but I'm trying to see whether or not I'm going to main him.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the FFAs Demo, Mike and Daruma. And sorry about the face-rearrangement on your Yoshi, Mike. But his face was just so there!

Also, thanks for the 1v1s Daruma :) Let's do this again sometime!

DarumaBlue

Smash Rookie
Lots of fun all around this evening, guys. A hearty thank you to Ryuudo, for smashing out every bit of self-confidence I had from my former Smash circle, to Demo for showing me how inexorably I loathe Pit, and to Mike for topping the evening with a couple of duels, one in which he used Olimar but never used all his Pikmin. I am thoroughly humbled. :laugh:

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
So upon Tony's recommendation, I watched the Utah vs Colorado Crew Battle.

I have major fear of what lurks in Lovo's and Jon's Smash abilities :( I need to become faaaaar better so I can be in one of these battles and it'll be something like "Colorado vs The other three corners" :laugh:

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Ryuu, you and me both. Let's not forget that we're only playing the top COLORADO players and there are probably better ones out of state.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
Hey coloradoans, I am from Fort Collins, and since brawl has wifi, i would like to become more involved in the smash scene. I have been regularly looking at smashboards for for long time, but I rarely post. I look foreword to playing people who I KNOW are good players. Yes, i will probably get 3 stocked at first, but I hope that will change. My Wii and Brawl Codes are beneath my name, and in my profile, and if you add me, please pm me. My wifi name will show up as Matt, and tag while playing will either be NOWAI or CLZRD, and my first friend code update will be tomorrow around 8 AM or so.

I look forward to playing you.

(sorry for such a formal-sounding post, but lately, my less-punctual post here have been savagely torn apart by most people.)

and awesome job on the colorado vs. uta matches, hilarious

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Hey coloradoans, I am from Fort Collins, and since brawl has wifi, i would like to become more involved in the smash scene. I have been regularly looking at smashboards for for long time, but I rarely post. I look foreword to playing people who I KNOW are good players. Yes, i will probably get 3 stocked at first, but I hope that will change. My Wii and Brawl Codes are beneath my name, and in my profile, and if you add me, please pm me. My wifi name will show up as Matt, and tag while playing will either be NOWAI or CLZRD, and my first friend code update will be tomorrow around 8 AM or so.

I look forward to playing you.

(sorry for such a formal-sounding post, but lately, my less-punctual post here have been savagely torn apart by most people.)

and mikezor, were the colorado people the ones who were suiciding 2 times at the beginning of each match for the Colorado vs. Utah?
I'll add you right now, what's your gamer tag?

I'm in the same boat as you with the lurking. Notice my post count and the date I registered. Yeah. Right now, this is the only place I post.

To you being ripped apart, welcome to the smashboards, home of the biggest ****s and ****s in smash gaming. Let's not forget the ******s. (The stars are there for you to use your imagination).

Also the suiciding thing looked to be like the winner had to go down to the amount of stocks he had until he won. I could be wrong.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I only ask for the tag so I know who you are when you're logged on. There're like 30 people who I don't recognize on my list, and I have to systemically remove them because I don't recognize them.

*edit* Redundancy ftw

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Crew battles work like this:

Each people assemble a team of X amount of people. Each person gets whatever stock they agree to have matches on (in the case of Melee, 4 Stock matches, so 4 for each person, and you can add it up also for the crew/team's total stock.)

So, one person plays another person, and whoever wins continues to play the next person from the other crew. But they have to suicide to how many ever lives they had remaining in the last battle (the % doesn't matter.) And then it keeps going from there until one team is all out of people/stock :)

Hope that made sense and cleared any confusion.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Brown_Nite, your it. If you are interested in the tournament director job this time around this your in. We are working to get all the Wii needed and I'm not worried that we will be ready for a 80+ turnout of Smash. That's are goal and that's what we are expecting. Let's do this. I've changed the rules so the that Big Blue is banned.

Top Bottom