• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

the Marronator

Smash Ace
I am in Boulder during college breaks. Sadly, I am going back soon, so I will not play any more smash with you guys...

But yeah, look for a couple of guys who suck now (they were never really good to begin with) to pop up around Brawl.
Sad but quite true. I guess I was sort of good about 2 years ago XD

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forum and was wondering if there are any people near boulder who would be interested in a smashfest any time soon. I don't like to go too far as my only means of transportation is my 21 year old motorcycle, or the bus.

Let me know, I really need to play against PEOPLE.
Well, if you can wait a month, I'll be back in the scene for brawl. Idk, I have only played melee at NDK and my school recently, so I'm pretty rusty right now

Yang is in boulder, along with 2 people that never play so they don't get names.
lol so much hate! Well it is from an ness player so I guess it is ok ;) (jk)

Duha

Smash Journeyman
well ferdi it worked and i was shocked myself yangs site looks pretty legit to they have a forum and stuff. but it makes since how it works. i can go into detail how things like this can work.

yang how do you get points on yours?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
well ferdi it worked and i was shocked myself yangs site looks pretty legit to they have a forum and stuff. but it makes since how it works. i can go into detail how things like this can work.

Hey, you should just get a bunch of NX and gift us stuff, then we'll love you forever.

Wait Duha... do you live in Colorado now or something o_O

Duha

Smash Journeyman
lol no if i get a bunch of points im getting a 360 **** speding it on maple there are way better possibilities

ie ipod touch computer parts and games im not spending another dime on maple through this

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice

actually duha i don't really use those services so i can't tell u much about the site but i know that alot of people who play maplestory use that. oh yeah i'm not in boulder anymore.

Graceful

Smash Rookie
or you can just buy Nx cards, sell them on ebay for 10.00 more, then buy more, resell. I'm serious my friend does this, people on ebay will buy anything.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So, with the dojo, I say...

DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS

DIBS

also, hah at hoobraaahiiii

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Sadly, put me as *pending* now, since currently I am unable to find a ride to get to whoever's house we're leaving from(unless you guys come pick me up, I'll pay for gas and stuff), and even so, I still have to go AFTER school which ends at 3 P.M.

I'm assuming you guys leave Friday? And is coming back either late Saturday or Early Sunday? And how much was it to go last time with 5 people?

I'll try to get a ride but I doubt it, so it pretty much depends on you guys picking me up.

J

jabberwocky

actually duha i don't really use those services so i can't tell u much about the site but i know that alot of people who play maplestory use that. oh yeah i'm not in boulder anymore.
did you move back by me?

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
First off I just want to say WTF I did not expect Olimar as a playable charecter at all.

Second is for anyone who has my cellphone number but i think it's only Tony that needs to know. Cell phone was stolen, i deactivated it and will not have that number so just delete it and use my home if you need to talk to me. If you don't have it, it is 303-248-3328

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
This is Nite

You know we can easy pick you up guy so dont worry about it ferdi
Allright then, I'm assuming you guys are leaving at Friday right? Remember I have school and since I have no ride home it'll take me about 20 ~ 30 minutes to walk back so expect me home at about 3:30 p.m.

Again, call me before you guys do anything at 720-937-8993

Now how much was it to get there and back again? I'm sure I'm set I just want to put a number on how much it's going to cost me since I need 60$ to get Brawl(bleh, I'll just win the tournament)

And when will we leave back?

Someone bring recording equipment for more Colorado goodness, especially on the ride, since we never put in actual vids from our trips

Also guys, I'm thinking of picking up Falcon at the tournament and go Super Isaiyan lol omg see wut I did there?

*From History class* In 1978 a British explorer named Captain James Cook visited the Hawaiian islands, and the current leader at the time was named Chief Kamehameha

Now, I'm completely obsessed with my warrior on maple

Ok now my address is

1743 E. 100th Pl.
Thornton, CO 80229

Mapquest it or something, also, make sure to get the directions there and back =D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ferdi, I'm thinking we should bring anywhere from $60-70, but I haven't run the numbers yet, especially for going up to Thorton first. Entry fee is $10 for singles, $20 per team, and we're probably NOT going to make the money back, since Forward and Co are coming to this tournament (SURPRISE!!!). I'll pick you up first, and we can practice some, since Nite's lame *** has work until 9:30, which means another late night drive. D:

Seriously Nite, can't you call in sick JUST ONCE? I'm seriously.

Mikezor, you NEED to come to this. Fuxxing FORWARD, mangz.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ferdi, I'm thinking we should bring anywhere from $60-70, but I haven't run the numbers yet, especially for going up to Thorton first. Entry fee is $10 for singles, $20 per team, and we're probably NOT going to make the money back, since Forward and Co are coming to this tournament (SURPRISE!!!). I'll pick you up first, and we can practice some, since Nite's lame *** has work until 9:30, which means another late night drive. D:

Seriously Nite, can't you call in sick JUST ONCE? I'm seriously.

Mikezor, you NEED to come to this. Fuxxing FORWARD, mangz.

EDIT:

Okay guys, here's the current calculations.

From my house, to Ferdi's, then back to mine, then to the location of the tournament, then back=913.53 miles.

*3 (for the worst price for gas/gallon, approximately)= 2740.59
/18 (for approximate miles per gallon on the car. It might be better, but I'm not sure.)=152.26

If three people come, we'll need to each chip in $51 for gas
If four people come, we'll need to chip in $38 for gas
If five people come, we'll need to chip in $30.50 for gas

4 is desirable, 5 is definitely preferred. We'll probably need an extra $20 or so for all the random wandering we'll be doing, so about $58 for 3, $43 for 4, or $34.5 for 5.

Tournament itself is $10 for singles, and $20 per team, so $20 for tournament, not including MMs. Bring however much you think you'll need for a weekend of food, or we could pick up groceries. Either way, I'm budgeting $20 for food.

So it's a little bit more pricey than I expected, but the final cost is about $100 if just 3 of us go, including all expenses, sans MM (ouch), $85 for 4, or $75 for 5. I like to budget big, as you guys might already know, so we'll probably have money left over, but I like to be prepared rather than blindsighted.

Again, approximations on budget in worst-case scenario:

$100 if only 3 of us go.
$85 if four of us go.
$75 if five of us go.

Plan accordingly.

This is going to be a lot of drive time, potentially late at night, so I'm asking anyone that can drive to PLEASE come. I don't want to get 4 hours of sleep before tournament, particularly with Forward and crew going. D:

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for coming and supporting. Never ever dissapoint. The next tournament will be in February where brawl will make it's first premier onto the NVGA circuit. Point from this tournament will be carried over into the new Brawl. I have pictures up now.

Go here:
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/media.php

Chap, when you get the vids up let me know so I can put a link out there for them. if you need a place to host let me know.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
if you guys don't get five people to go you should take me and I'll pay you back

----wow rafa, great idea!

actually, I do have the money so I want to go.

mike, I have your smash disc

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
****ing LoVo, YES!

Okay, LoVo is confirmed for Brawl.

So, currently, CONFIRMED are me, LoVo, and Nite. Ferdi/Mike/Grace, hurry up and lemme know ASAP. Ferdi gets priority, since he brought it up forever ago. If it comes down to Mike and Grace both being able to go, I'm going to be a ******* and take Mike, since he can drive. Hurry up, guys.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
****ing LoVo, YES!

So, currently, CONFIRMED are me, LoVo, and Nite. Ferdi/Mike/Grace, hurry up and lemme know ASAP. Ferdi gets priority, since he brought it up forever ago. If it comes down to Mike and Grace both being able to go, I'm going to be a ******* and take Mike, since he can drive. Hurry up, guys.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
alright well I'll go to your house after school on friday.
I got a camera like the one keith had so i'll bring that.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I can pretty much go... Just need my mom's confirmation since I already have my dad's and since I have my dad's, my mom will probably be swooned into letting me go. I can bring my VCR/cable thing if you want. How is NM anyway? I hope I don't get owned all over the place.

Tim you can't call dibs on a character, everyone is going to use him anyway.

Korgoth<Kragack

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
****ing LoVo, YES!

I'm confirmed as long as you guys pick me up, like you said you would >_>

And if Nite isn't going to go until later, couldn't you pick me up first, then practice, then pick up Nite/Mike?

Graceful

Smash Rookie
I'm confirmed as long as you guys pick me up, like you said you would >_>

And if Nite isn't going to go until later, couldn't you pick me up first, then practice, then pick up Nite/Mike?

Well i don't know If i really want to go now <__<;

I just got my check so I really don't want to spend like 70$ on a trip no worth going, knowing im not even gunna place. :/ But I will get a certian yes or no by tomarrow

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS NITE!!!!

Roman Dont be a little girl you should go

You have no idea how good i got by just playing forward im not even joking ask everyone hes the reason i got good so fast for some reason

Graceful

Smash Rookie
THIS IS NITE!!!!

Roman Dont be a little girl you should go

You have no idea how good i got by just playing forward im not even joking ask everyone hes the reason i got good so fast for some reason
There not even room for me now :/

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Guys, we have a huge ****ing problem. My god**** check STILL hasn't ****ing shown up. Without it, my end of payment is useless, and everyone's lacking in transportation. I'm donating tomorrow, but that's only gonna give me $35, and if my ****ing check hasn't shown up by then, then I have no **** clue as to what I'm supposed to do.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Forward's going. How the **** is it not worth it? Still, Mike gets priority, since he can drive.

Ferdi, I thought I made that clear? D:
Wait you made what clear?

And you got your permit or your license Mike?

Guys, we have a huge ****ing problem. My god**** check STILL hasn't ****ing shown up. Without it, my end of payment is useless, and everyone's lacking in transportation. I'm donating tomorrow, but that's only gonna give me $35, and if my ****ing check hasn't shown up by then, then I have no **** clue as to what I'm supposed to do.
Aaaaaaas predicted.

But what's the money for again anyway? I thought we were using your grandparent's car or something???

I am really glad you guys are coming to the tournament here. If any of you need any help at all just contact me at 505-270-1131
Well we'll see

Also, I'd like to take this part of the post to express my love for Duha, he's just the kind of guy you'd want to hang with :)

Don't take this too personally though, I love every Colorado smasher

Top Bottom