• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
It's because we know how to fight his Sonic. I am not afraid of his sonic what so ever, but sadly all playing x does for me now is give me experience against sonic. I can comfortably say I don't think I will ever lose to any sonic player because of it. It had gotten to the point (before I left for two years) that the only way he had a chance against me was to go MK cause I knew sonic inside and out. But when it comes to a lot of the matchups we don't have in Utah that is where we struggle IMO. Having x does not make us good, and I never even said I thought we were better than CO, I just think I stand a chance against any player from there, that's all. I think you took a lot more hostility out of our posts than intended, cause there wasn't any from mine. Oh and it was more of a "hey we came to CO last time, so it's your turn to come to Utah" post than a "I expect you to come to make up for our crappy travel experience" post.

:phone:
Most of my response was to the other Utah guy. I remember meeting you and you were a nice guy. Also my response also has to do with how Yazzoooo talked **** a little bit back. I don't forget it when people act like douches. As for my comment about the crappy travel experience, I was joking as well. Just poking you. I guess the ;) was not enough next time I should probably put a XD or something. As I stated a state rivalry can be a good thing with all of us to give each other MU and player exp. Sorry if you thought I took hostility from your post. I was just trying to make an innocent jab at you that is all. As for the other dude I took a little bit more from him. I will at admit maybe more than I should but I can't help seeing his post and be reminded of Yaz posts a while back(which were obnoxious and hostile to say the absolute least.) Also then we have had boneheads come in here with the misguided notion that they are going to stir up our state to compete but all they did was troll and make us more disillusioned. I guess with the exception of a few players from TX and the NM scene, I have very much been burnt by the majority of the scene and their attitude. So again I apologize if it seemed like I was taking offense with anything you said or getting hostility from you. I was not from you at all.

As for Sonic I don't understand the MU at all and have only played X twice in my life. And one of those was after I gave up in pools of a tourney after losing to someone I feel I shouldn't had lost to. That was back in 2010 even.

Steam

Smash Hero
Bees, I haven't gotten a lot better. My snake has MAYBE. but I still played like *** in general. You just played like bigger ***.

And we are getting a national level player this summer. Seagull is moving here. And we almost got lee Martin awhile back :<

Bees!

Smash Ace
Bees, I haven't gotten a lot better. My snake has MAYBE. but I still played like *** in general. You just played like bigger ***.

And we are getting a national level player this summer. Seagull is moving here. And we almost got lee Martin awhile back :<
lol if your Snake has gotten better than you have gotten better. Also can't wait for Seagull to move here. Hopefully it will kick our scene in the pants.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
You guys should stop fighting each other and instead fight Out of staters. Im serious you guys should freaking come to the cali tourney. The top ni'ggas there still think think your trash and it will be like that until you go out of state. Its a perfect time. ITS TIME!!! GET HYPED UP!!!!! Do what we are gunna do walk in, ****, flip em off and then leave.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like how out of everything I said that is what you took from it. Either way I don't think you realize how much luck you have yet still suck. You guys have a national level player to play with. Yet you all still are like toddlers standing next to an adult with him. You take X for granted. If Colorado had someone like X to play with, we would probably be a national level threat. Every time I have even sat down and played with a national level player (Reflex, Dekar, etc.) I come back from it having massive improvements in my game. If I had one to play with regularly or at least in the same state. There would be no excuse for me not getting national recognition. You and likely the rest of Utah on the other hand...You guys hide behind X's achievements so you can say that you are better than other states. Which is why none of you are near his level. It is laziness to just let the national level player do all the work for you.
What Ken Neth said.

Didn't X just barely manage to win the last tournament he was at? :applejack:
Yeah, that one and the last have both gone to last game, last set, but he did win them both barely.

You shouldn't be afraid of Sonic in general.
You shouldnt be afraid of him, but you should still respect him.

Most of my response was to the other Utah guy. I remember meeting you and you were a nice guy. Also my response also has to do with how Yazzoooo talked **** a little bit back. I don't forget it when people act like douches. As for my comment about the crappy travel experience, I was joking as well. Just poking you. I guess the ;) was not enough next time I should probably put a XD or something. As I stated a state rivalry can be a good thing with all of us to give each other MU and player exp. Sorry if you thought I took hostility from your post. I was just trying to make an innocent jab at you that is all. As for the other dude I took a little bit more from him. I will at admit maybe more than I should but I can't help seeing his post and be reminded of Yaz posts a while back(which were obnoxious and hostile to say the absolute least.) Also then we have had boneheads come in here with the misguided notion that they are going to stir up our state to compete but all they did was troll and make us more disillusioned. I guess with the exception of a few players from TX and the NM scene, I have very much been burnt by the majority of the scene and their attitude. So again I apologize if it seemed like I was taking offense with anything you said or getting hostility from you. I was not from you at all.

As for Sonic I don't understand the MU at all and have only played X twice in my life. And one of those was after I gave up in pools of a tourney after losing to someone I feel I shouldn't had lost to. That was back in 2010 even.
Yaz probably isnt even top 5 here anymore, but he's still really good and has no doubt gotten MUCH better since 2010.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
And we almost got lee Martin awhile back :<
He might still be coming. It's not confirmed, but it's not out of the question. :p It depends on a lot of things, like it depends on a lot of things for me and Sudai to move there.

I'm still in this thread becuase I like trolling actually like the CO scene and hope to see it improve. Hopefully Ran will be able to get back in the scene, but if he's not able to, then Dan could help keep things up. I'll support where I can, but LA is pretty far from CO and only so many people are interested enough to come that far. Maybe if the tournaments there grow to be big, and a good carpool/flight ticket system is set in place, then more of LA would be able to make it. LA doesn't go out of state much even to states around it besides Texas, so there's really no telling even so. :/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id be down with helping you guys in any way I can. We're definitely one of, if not THE closest scene to you guys, so if you need any help for anything, lemme know.

Steam

Smash Hero
Colorado is closer to new Mexico.

But we honestly have trouble because like no brawl players live in Denver... It's really weird.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's okay, hardly anyone in our scene is from Salt Lake City. Most of us are either Provo/Orem or in the Jordans/Draper.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Most of if not all New Mexico is Albuquerque. I was hoping to fuse with NM. Who knows maybe someday we can fuse a 3 state region. Utah and New Mexico. Both Dekar and X and when we get him, Seagull. That would be a pretty awesome scene.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
I mostly came here to see Utah calling us out. The reason that there's no Brawl players in Denver is because we all started in the Melee era, and like Melee better. Co Springs really got active once brawl came out, so they have all the Brawl players who like Brawl better.

Our state is sort of separated that way, and both scenes are suffering from a severe case of apathy. Cloudchaser is basically the only thing making tournaments happen.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Screw Mike Haze's big tourney you should plan for NYTE, the big southwest regional in AZ
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309171
So much this. I may actually be able to make this tournament tbh. So yeah, if anyone can get out to AZ, this is the time to do it. AXE (best Melee Pika player) is going to be there plus it's on his birthday so yeah. :O It would be amazing to see him play you Melee players out there.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If I go to a tournament in Colorado, Sunnysunny needs to be there, no exceptions.

Top Bottom