• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
If SOPA passes now, along with NDAA already being law, America will be a sad, sad country. I shudder to think. All that 2012 stuff you heard is revealing itself now, not in raptures or zombies, but in the loss of civil liberties.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
It won't pass.. Big name companies will suffer from it, games and movies would get less publicity, and piracy still won't stop. I can understand wanting to stop piracy but there going about it the wrong way.

On a lighter note, spelts froggy icons are cute~! <3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've heard or seen something concerning "Colorado" like, five times a day every day since my last post.

'Tis a sign. :applejack:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've heard or seen something concerning "Colorado" like, five times a day every day since my last post.

'Tis a sign. :applejack:
Like, "Colorado once again has been awarded 'Sexiest place on Earth' "? We get that so much we barely notice it anymore:awesome:.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, just in passing. People from Colorado, trips to Colorado, food or customs from colorado, Colorado weather.

Things like that. :applejack:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Well, went to Fighter Frenzy. Managed to get 5th after tying with Rubio and losing our tiebreaker 2-0. His Snake's good and I hate the MU. :/ Definitely would've preferred his Falco since I know the MU better and am definitely better against them.

More people need to play lower tiered characters. Tier johns. My R.O.B. sucks against high-tiers.

Shoutouts:
-Bees: Thanks for the tips on some MU's, great to see you're still playing R.O.B., not sure how you placed in the final bracket but congrats for making it!
-Steam: I hope you're happy with that one dollar you won from me. I'm not MM'ing you again until I get the Icies chaingrab down on Snake. :/
-SOAPy: Even though he's not on Smashboards, might as well mention that he drove me there and back to my house from FoCo and he's an awesome person and he got 7th-ish with Yoshi. Sounded like his games were a lot of 2-0's and 0-2's.
-Dan: Great job with the tourney, it was nice being able to play on the big screen even if I got 2-0'd.
-Other people? Great games to all, even if most of you aren't on here.

I won two games against the D3 that killed me on RC back at Summit 1. As Ice Climbers. It was basically the only match I went IC's, but it was satisfying. And we went to Rainbow Cruise game 3 and I still won by just camping him out on the ship and then screwing around until I got a grab.
But goddang. Nana's AI is terrible and she hates me and keeps killing herself and getting me killed when I go to rescue her. But I'm a good Sopo so I guess I can deal.

Basically I went R.O.B. for almost all my games. I went Ice Climbers against Lion the D3 main and maybe one or two games with Steam, went Pikachu in maybe one game (or it might've been a friendly, I don't remember), went Falco in one game because I went up against an uncompetitive Falco who didn't even SHDL and CG so I showed him the ropes, went Sheik in one game against Bees because I knew I was going to lose anyways and wanted to get some practice in.

Yup.

EDIT: Are we ever going to have something that looks like a PR?

Steam

Smash Hero
We should have a pr to encourage newbies.

Also I'm really surprised I won the whole thing. Tourney fatigue caught up to bees it seemed

:phone:

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Ended up doing a 12 person round robin.

I gathered all my smashers around prior to the tournament and asked what they all wanted to do. I suggested round robing to them all because everyone would
attempt to[/spolier] get their monies worth. They agreed, so we ran it that way. I can say safely that it was definitely a lot better and faster than I thought it would be.

Steam

Smash Hero
We did a 4 man tourney afterwards as well. Dan should post results so people know Rubio is good (but really so that steam can jerk off to it)

@detta- probably in a week. No computer right now :/

dettadeus

Smash Lord
If I hadn't gotten CP-screwed in one of my matches, I would've been fourth and wouldn't even have had to play Rubio for the spot.
But that darn platform on Frigate decided to leave early when I started up a laser. :/
But yeah, Rubio is pretty good. I think I've taken MAYBE one game off of him before. He should come down to mid-tier every once in a while.

Also am I the only legit Brawl Icies main in CO, or are there people who just don't want to pay that highway-robbery venue/entry fee?

Steam

Smash Hero
Lol you have no idea about highway robbery.

Also we're probably going to be working on a pr soon

And you're our only ic user period. Lol

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Tony said he was thinking of picking Icies back up in Melee, IIRC.

And it feels like highway robbery to me because the only tourneys I've been to are NDK/Wasabi (which are either free or 5 bucks entry not counting the pass to get into the con) and Summit (which is 15 total for Brawl).

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Melee != Brawl. Don't confuse them.

PR will happen soon(tm).

Will post results later.

kk, back to dying.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Melee != Brawl. Don't confuse them.
Also am I the only legit Brawl Icies main in CO
And you're our only ic user period. Lol
Although I'm not sure if Tony was serious, so I guess I might be the only Icies user.

Maybe I'll pick them up in Melee too. Desyncing is so much easier, despite the lack of a buffer system.

EDIT:
Steam as soon as I get a grab on your Snake you're dead. Finally got all the timing down with D-Throw > F-Throw and a Hobble turn-around for the ledge. ;D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Steam won the tournament? LOL, I thought you said Utah would have a challenge in CO Steam, if you're the one winning, you could bet the whole top 8 in a UT vs. CO would be us.

Steam

Smash Hero
Steam won the tournament? LOL, I thought you said Utah would have a challenge in CO Steam, if you're the one winning, you could bet the whole top 8 in a UT vs. CO would be us.
Not many known players attended and my win in gfs was an upset. I don't think I'd even put myself in top 5 in Colorado. In Utah though for sure.

BEES > LADDER OR WHATEVER YOUR ****TY ROB MAIN IS CALLED

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Who even IS your top 5?

Or if you even have this many players in total, your top 10?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If we are ever in a tourney together I'll mm anyone from CO. :D

I say CO comes to Utah though to make up for the crappy trip we had to make to get out there last time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id be cool with going out there to you guys as long as you guys come out here as well. Id be able to house at least most of you guys for the weekend or whatever if you needed as well.

Steam

Smash Hero
I feel like we could throw something together... Might need to be during the summer though.

Also it's kinda sad, both our venues could EASILY hold nationals but no lively scene nearby D:

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm obvs in top 5.
pssh you got 5th at a tourney with only 2 previously ranked players.

Playing ics will help us though. Especially me because I've never had to play for timeouts before.

Oh also, sometime this summer we're getting seagull and tiger from the ec. So yeah players.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Who even IS your top 5?

Or if you even have this many players in total, your top 10?
Last time I checked Utah had a top 5 but not a top 10. Also even back when CO only had one decent player we still did rather well(We weren't able to hide behind the success of a national level player to make up for our shortcomings but to each his own.) Also most of our scene is very inactive. You can't call out a mostly inactive scene. It is like calling out a big *** bear that doesn't give a ****. Then acting like you are a badass because it didn't respond even though in actuality, it doesn't give a ****. XD
At one point we had at least 20 players who were moderately inactive to active but people don't have that drive for developing games that are unique from others in their playstyle it would seem.
Normally I beat Steam and generally place better than any others from CO when going out of state. Except for the fact that you ignore that X and Fishbait both placed the same at last years Genesis. But hey, don't let that get in the way of your undeserved sense of accomplishment. I am pretty sure you would get bodied in CO by Steam, Fishbait, DTL, Dave or myself even. lol. If I have a job by the time they put something together I would gladly go to a tourney and $10 MM you and Ken neth.
EDIT: IF we have a good showing from both maybe we can do a Colorado vs Utah crew battle. **** would be awesome.
I say CO comes to Utah though to make up for the crappy trip we had to make to get out there last time.

Yup I guess you can blame us for the weather on that one. If we must make amends for something beyond our control. Logic is a ***** I know... ;)
I can say safely that it was definitely a lot better and faster than I thought it would be.

I am going to disagree. 12 man bracket would have been over in half the time. Rather than close to 8 hours of Brawl. I mean I played 12 sets of 2 out of 3 and 3 sets of 3 out of 5 on top of taking 7th in about 29 or 30 entrants in the UMvC3 tournament. To then make matters worse we took about an hour almost 2 before starting the 4 man Bracket. By the time Grand Finals happened for Brawl, I was running on autopilot. I didn't DI anything and if you get to see the GFs you will see that I wasn't playing anywhere near my worst much less my best. Especially considering I beat steam in the RR(2-1 even though laggy tv) and 3-0 in WF(not laggy tv so no johns). I just got tired and unintentionally gave up. Also after the tournament I fell asleep at a table waiting to get my check, just to give you an idea of how tired I was.
Steam has gotten a lot better, and not saying that he didn't deserve to win. Just saying that in terms of Grand Finals I had been in 2 tournaments while Steam was only in one. Most of the day was me running back and forward from UMvC3 to Brawl and immediately back after my sets.
I am pretty sure that if we were both playing at our optimal ability, I would win as I was running him all day up until then.

We need to do more tourneys in CO before we can make a definitive guess of PR. I am pretty sure I could beat Fishbait however most of CO has not played each other in a year. So we need more player vs player results before we can start talking about top anything. It is not just about placing. It is also who you beat. Like when Dave gets 1st at CC event and he gets a bracket of 100% no PR players then fights like 1 player from the PR(Not me) in Grand Finals.

It would be nice to get an oos rivalry going with Utah and hopefully NM(Goyf _ Dekar _ JT _ Tekkie and Isaccard name calling my favorite oos scene :) ) I think it would help all of our scenes imrpove and possibly check some egos that need to be reality checked.
I better get a job so we can make all of this happen.

Okay I am done. You guys can go back to posting about ponies and ****.

EDIT: Just wanted to give props to Dan/Z/Cloudchaser though even though he was running a fever and having a flu thingy he still put on a kick *** tournament as TO. Probably need to do more RR on not laggy tvs so we can record those results for PRs(RR are amazing for placement) also we need to work on tournament endurance as well.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If last you checked we only had a Top 5, then you havent checked in almost a year lol.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317239 , http://www.facebook.com/events/203920806370256/ Mike Haze's regional will be on the 25th of feb and you guys should come. Most of AZ's PR is going and It would be great to see you guys there and then even get a crew battle.Also Las vegas will be going and we are also trying to get norcal, Oregon, idaho, Utah, Colorado, and washington to go as well. with Arizona, Nevada, and socal already confirmed this tourney is going to be hyped beyond belief if you guys set things up to come out here. Talking brawl wise btw. Melee will also be at this tourney btw.

Bees!

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317239 , http://www.facebook.com/events/203920806370256/ Mike Haze's regional will be on the 25th of feb and you guys should come. Most of AZ's PR is going and It would be great to see you guys there and then even get a crew battle.Also Las vegas will be going and we are also trying to get norcal, Oregon, idaho, Utah, Colorado, and washington to go as well. with Arizona, Nevada, and socal already confirmed this tourney is going to be hyped beyond belief if you guys set things up to come out here. Talking brawl wise btw. Melee will also be at this tourney btw.
I wouldn't be able to make it to that in Feb. Got college to deal with and just got laid off to boot. The only thing I have right now is a student loan to fall back on. Until I get a new job I am afraid I am not going anywhere. I would love to go to a tourney where Arizona is present.
Sorry KiraFlax. :(

Bees!

Smash Ace
If last you checked we only had a Top 5, then you havent checked in almost a year lol.
I like how out of everything I said that is what you took from it. Either way I don't think you realize how much luck you have yet still suck. You guys have a national level player to play with. Yet you all still are like toddlers standing next to an adult with him. You take X for granted. If Colorado had someone like X to play with, we would probably be a national level threat. Every time I have even sat down and played with a national level player (Reflex, Dekar, etc.) I come back from it having massive improvements in my game. If I had one to play with regularly or at least in the same state. There would be no excuse for me not getting national recognition. You and likely the rest of Utah on the other hand...You guys hide behind X's achievements so you can say that you are better than other states. Which is why none of you are near his level. It is laziness to just let the national level player do all the work for you.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It's because we know how to fight his Sonic. I am not afraid of his sonic what so ever, but sadly all playing x does for me now is give me experience against sonic. I can comfortably say I don't think I will ever lose to any sonic player because of it. It had gotten to the point (before I left for two years) that the only way he had a chance against me was to go MK cause I knew sonic inside and out. But when it comes to a lot of the matchups we don't have in Utah that is where we struggle IMO. Having x does not make us good, and I never even said I thought we were better than CO, I just think I stand a chance against any player from there, that's all. I think you took a lot more hostility out of our posts than intended, cause there wasn't any from mine. Oh and it was more of a "hey we came to CO last time, so it's your turn to come to Utah" post than a "I expect you to come to make up for our crappy travel experience" post.

Top Bottom