• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
ITT: Colorado pretending their tournaments are loud and have hype, without going to EC or WC.

The Genesis weekend was so loud and crazy, a deaf guy filed a noise complaint.
Umm, scuse me?

Colorado's like the kid who knows that he's cool. He doesn't need other regions' approvals in order to feel good about himself. He just keeps doin' his thing while feelin' like a BA.

Genesis/most EC/WC events are the equivalent of the spoiled rich kid who has to buy off people to be his friends because daddy is never home to tell him just how much he's loved (not enough). Sure, he has a helicopter. On the inside, though, he's a hollow shell of a human being.

You have fun with your toys, kiddo. We'll be busy chillin' in CO, completely content with our scene.

:D!

Bees!

Smash Ace
We need something else now. Still hyped. I wish I could just take off work this weekend and go to Oklahoma(never thought I would ever utter that sentence after leaving Oklahoma XD)
I wanna play more people.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've been spending the time I usually spend on SWF on practicing drums and guitar.
So far I've been liking the change.
I mean to be replacing SWF with actual reading.

Currently:

Holy Bible by God
The Witches by Roald Dahl
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook Vol. 1 (manga)
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
All-Star Superman Vol. 1 & 2 by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely

I think I might knock down Bible since it's kinda stalling me.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
So been wondering something.... Was at GameStop to buy the girlfriend a Wii, and came across a Raiden X game or something for the 360. I immediately thought of Ikaruga.

Went home, played it.

Still playing.

Anyone else having a huge game nostalgia and playing something from way back when?

EDIT: **** LEVEL 4!!! HARD AS **** LEVEL!

Bees!

Smash Ace
So been wondering something.... Was at GameStop to buy the girlfriend a Wii, and came across a Raiden X game or something for the 360. I immediately thought of Ikaruga.

Went home, played it.

Still playing.

Anyone else having a huge game nostalgia and playing something from way back when?
Hope you remembered to get her the wii still ;P

And yes! Lately I have been having the urge to play some Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Then I remembered that my sister has the Nintendo 64. :/

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I've been spending the time I usually spend on SWF on practicing drums and guitar.
So far I've been liking the change.
You play~! C:
I use to take drum lessons and was pretty damn good. Quit because of how repetitive drum beats are.

Maybe I can help if im not too rusty. =w= Im trying to learn how to play the guitar now, but thats too complicated...

It seems like I can't play any instrument.

wait wait no thats not true. I can play a mean vuvuzela!

Bees!

Smash Ace
This thread title sounds like it was made by a country lawyer; a gentleman of fortune; a southern intellectual if you will. XD

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Holy Bible! volume 16; Attack of the Alien naysayers! IN SPACE! Is the version of the bible that he is reading.

Oh and now I hate blizzards. Because the one that hit boston is totally keeping me from returning to the batcave sooner. So I'm kinda stuck in nowhere kansas. aka: Goodland. But I guess it could be worse...

Oh and once I return to the Wayne mansion, I shall do my shoutouts for my Colorado trip. I got quite a few of them too x.x

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Nah, I'm aight Sunny...haha.
Also, they don't have to be repetitive when you get good enough. At least to the same extent that every instrument is repetitive.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
MSN convo with a guy who watched the stream: dunno if you have contact with the guy who ran it, but could you ask whoever ran the stream of the last tourney you were at, how they had such excellent quality?

(: An answer would be appreciated.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Yes. But it was very subtle and clever, and quite frankly if you aren't on the level that Dekar and I are on, you wouldn't get it. I declare.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Just learned May 16th from Lagwagon. Pretty fun. Very simple. I wish I had someone to do the other guitar part and someone who could keep up on drums.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yes. But it was very subtle and clever, and quite frankly if you aren't on the level that Dekar and I are on, you wouldn't get it. I declare.
You DO declare?

Just learned May 16th from Lagwagon. Pretty fun. Very simple. I wish I had someone to do the other guitar part and someone who could keep up on drums.
Link me. Maybe I'll learn it.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Biggest problems for having a PR
1.)not enough people(Maybe for a top 5.) Considering we only have like 8 dedicated players who are driven to get better
2.) Nobody goes oos ever so having a power ranking when there are really only 8 to 10 people who are serious in Colorado is pointless.
3.)Inactivity/lack of tourneys. In order for us to have a ranking system we need results. Also in the same area people who were way to inactive shouldn't even have been on the PR as long as they have.

I honestly think that we need to have more smashfests. In the next months I am going to try and go to more oos tourneys. I might start with No Koast!

Edit:I just realized what Steam's siggy is...ewwww.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
slapstick comedy is where it's at.
get on MY level.
They'd have too dumb down to do that. I didn't get the joke either. ;~;
But yea, slapsticks way better. Takes less effort and gets good results for doing so. Its the Bang of jokes. :V

Baaah no drum lessons? ;~; Thats cool I guess. I was getting kinda hyped to teach someone the little knowledge i know. :>

Steaaam im taking away your cute points for that sig! -2 cute points for furry on blob pronz! >:V

Top Bottom