• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

College Station: v2012 Almost Zombies

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
LOOK IT'S SUSPECT ON OUR PAGE =D <333!
Yeh, idk when I'll be back, but most likely after the 10th

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
dang~ I have a dinner party to attend that night x.....x

Well I will (should) have an "easier" semester this spring, so i WILL be attending more tournies.

Everyone having a good Xmas?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
What's going on @ ~@?

Zomg, the New Year is coming in fast, everyone, grab a towel, GET IN HERE!

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
ZAC~! I will try attending this if my crew decides to go as well n___n

Hey unlight..could i has moderator status on this thread? :3

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Quick Info
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263756

When?
February 20th, 2010

Where?
Phase 2 Clubhouse at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
Click here for a campus map.​

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Example Achievements
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).

Oh... and there's a good chance there will be Free Pizza!

:smash:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Attention all players: Me and xryo work hard to put on a good show and would like you to return the favor. This will be our 8 month at funplex =] so lets celebrate by bringin in an epic turnout and a fun experience to all the out of staters. I ask all of texas and other states to help us out on promotion for this event! Please print and pass out these printable flyers to your friends, neighborhoods, family, churchs, clubs, zoo, You got the point! Simply click the link below and then click print. Thank you for helping increase your turnouts:chuckle:

Test Your Skills 8 Cali Vs Texas Flyer-> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4226243224_3241e96c7e_o.jpg

Hobo 23 Cali Vs Texas Flyer-> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4354126649_e02b9590ff_o.jpg

Trott

Smash Rookie
Hello all.

I'm visiting College Station for a grad school recruitment weekend at A&M and was wondering what the smash scene is like in College Station.

Is it pretty active here or do you need to drive over to the big cities to play?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Hello all.

I'm visiting College Station for a grad school recruitment weekend at A&M and was wondering what the smash scene is like in College Station.

Is it pretty active here or do you need to drive over to the big cities to play?
It's somewhat active; there's only about 3-4 of us that play and it's usually over at Light/Lekki's house. There are a couple of other people, but they join us at random times, but hopefully they will be attending "smash sessions" more. At the moment, I have been given the privileges to adjust the 1st post and will be updating it throughout the weekend, so excuse the inaccuracy ><

As far smashing, what weekend will you be here to expect your company and what not? xP

Trott

Smash Rookie
As far smashing, what weekend will you be here to expect your company and what not? xP
I actually just got here today (Thursday) and will be leaving Saturday morning (very short trip). Tomorrow (Friday) they are giving us a tour of the campus and what not but I should be free in the evening in case anything is going down.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I actually just got here today (Thursday) and will be leaving Saturday morning (very short trip). Tomorrow (Friday) they are giving us a tour of the campus and what not but I should be free in the evening in case anything is going down.
Dang, picked a "bad" weekend to come; not bad, but Light is out of town, and that's usually where we smash xP . I'll see if anything else is going on, or text u if u have some friends here who want to smash a bit or something; always up for no challanges. If not, sorry v___v, i'll have to take a raincheck

c_nub

Smash Rookie
Me and a few friends play in the B/CS area. Nothing on a regular basis right now, but would definitely be interested. I'll check this post from time to time and see what we can get together.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
O yay, newbies =D!

Well yeah, the Cstat scene has been dying down, 'specially since Light/Lekki has dropped Brawl, or will be prioritizing other games above it. Aside from Light, Retro has been busy with school and idk if the coming semester will be "nicer" to him and Joel (another Cstat regular, i dont think he has posted here nor registered) has been playing with us often...and that basically describes the scene as of late :S

I know -a lot of ppl do play it on the campus dorms, but just play it, not rly into the whole competetiveness, but I will be playing a lot more since i'm finally done going through the grinder and will be doing Major-specific courses x3 (easy-mode)

I'm not currently in Cstat, but will be returning in July for SS2 classes + to look for a new apt and stuff

c_nub

Smash Rookie
Red Dead's been taking up a bit of my time lately, so I've been slacking, but still know my way around a Pikachu. :)

Definitely down for some competitive games, and could possibly host, keep me updated.

c_nub

Smash Rookie
Pretty busy the rest of the week, but my weekend should be open. I know I've got at least one more down to play, possibly two.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
****, well everyone from Cstat is gone..well that Brawl that is. I think Lekki is still gone, Retro is home, Joel is...idkmybffj, and I'm in Laredo.

I hope everyone keeps checking up and posting in this thread so when we're all finally "home", we can have a seriously party-hardy day =D

I'll update the thread when this day happens <3

Trott

Smash Rookie
I'll be in College Station something during the next two weeks looking for a place to rent. If I'm still in Texas during HOBO then I will definitely be there.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Osm. If HOBO is toward the end of June, or even in July, I could make it since I will be taking classes during SS2.

As far as the home page/thread goes, anyone have a good idea or example as to what I should include under everyone's description? or layout? I want to make it uber-pro

Top Bottom