• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Man, I was so sad when I thought Suzaku died, but Lelouch. :'(. I was even more sad than when Light Yagami died.
Oh yeah Orange-kun working with oranges.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
yo, for u all who finished watching season 2,
i think lelouch is still alive, if u think about it, lelouch has the sign and C.C. is mortal again. the reason i say so is because when nunally touched lelouch when he was dieing, she was able to see his past, that can only happen if u touch someone with the sign.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I think the last episode happened in a fairly straight-forward (and awesome) manner.

Lelouch is definitely dead.

Remember that CC can talk to dead people who she has given a geass to? Yeah, CC's not just talking ot the sky or whatever, she's talking to him. But he's dead.

FOr the guy who wanted to know, the Requiem of Zero was the plan where Lelouch would become the hated dictator of the world so that the world would unite peacefully but hate him for it. Then Zero (Suzaku) would kill him. So the world was then united because of the work Lelouch did as Zero (uniting non-britannia against britannia) then as God Emperor Lelouch (conquering both Britannia and the united nations dealy) but without being oppressed into it.

Also I was half-right about Lelouch being Jesus. He took all our sins and then died for them. But he hasn't come back.

Also I think Anya was hanging with Orange because basically her entire personality was based on the fact that her memories got ****ed with and he fixed it for her.

Also it was BADASS AS HELL when Orange beat her.

Also the Lancelot vs. Gurren fight was cool. But I just like Orange better.

Also Suzaku's not immortal or anything, I think. He just ejected or whatever before the Lancelot exploded. He still had the live geass so he wouldn't just sit there.

Also when Nunally "touched Lelouch and saw his memories" I don't think that's what happened. It didn't look the same as the scenes where CC touches someone. It was just her figuring out Lelouch's plan.

Also I thought it was hilarious that Lelouch did all that for his sister to be happy and then after accomplishing it, the last thing he hears is his sister bawling her eyes out.

Although one thing I didn't like about the last episode. The beginning where everyone is talking about whatever they're fighting for and so forth. Also that one girl's part was unbearably translated. "Why are conflicts occurring?" Ugh. But yeah I had forgotten how annoying it was and that it used to happen in the show all the time.

Also Orange picking oranges was the best. At first I was like come on give him a better ending than picking fruit plus he should be with Sayoko oh hey oranges hahahaha.

Overall a good series. The shakiest part was the beginning of R2. But it's not the kind of series I'll just recommend to anyone. A lot of the enjoyment you'll get out of it comes from knowing the mecha anime cloches it turns on its head, e.g. pink princess commits genocide, that "I'll kill so many people for pacifism" ultimate ace pilot as the antagonist, "**** the End of Evangelion" and so forth.

Also Rivalz never got Milly, come on. Rivalz is the man. Actually, maybe he did, I didn't pay too much attention to the credits stuff.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Just finished watching the first disc and I've enjoyed what I've seen so far. Surprisingly, it is more brutal than I was expecting.

Outside of having most of the stereotypical anime roles, I like the direction it's heading. Wish I could read more in this thread.. **** spoilers.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Dude riding wasnt Lelouch. People who think so fail uber hard.

Which episode did this happen on? I dont recall this.
Not sure, might have something to do with when Mao died (He did die, right?).

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Not sure, might have something to do with when Mao died (He did die, right?).
No he didn't

I feel like watching the whole series over just for s**** and giggles

I find this kinda stupid:
Nunally broke the Geass and therefore was able to see, but she still doesn't try to walk to chase Lelouch down the stairs

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ I thought her legs got four stocked back when she was littler.

And seriously, is it true that C.C. can speak to people who are dead who she gave Geass to? I do not recall this at all. I need a solid answer NAO!

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
He had the "Live on" Geass casted on him already, so what would giving CC's code to Suzaku accomplish?
l

I don't think Suzaku's "live on" geass actually give him any powers. They just act to the best of their abilities. When Euphemia got geassed to kill all the japanese, she didn't gain any abilities or anything. She merely tried the best she could.

Similarly, I don't think Suzaku's geass grants him actual powers. It might cause him to think better, but if it's consistent with euphemia, then he's definitely still mortal.

Although, a counterexample would be when lelouch mentioned how formidable suzaku has become, using the geass for his own advantage. To be consistent with euphemia's case, though, any advantages the geass grants are at most mental. Of course, maybe suzaku's case is different from euphmia's, or maybe the creators of geass just didn't think of that.

Miharu

Smash Hero
^ I thought her legs got four stocked back when she was littler.

And seriously, is it true that C.C. can speak to people who are dead who she gave Geass to? I do not recall this at all. I need a solid answer NAO!
No, Charles said the she was Geassed to forget how to see+walk.

Also, during the last scene when the wind ruffles C.C.'s hair a bit, it looks like her Code is missing (in Lelouch's hands?). Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Also, for all intents and purposes, it makes Suzaku -unable- to die, since he'll always place his survival as a top priority. Of course, this doesn't guard against unexpected events (assassinations etc), but for the most part he's not going to die. Doesn't make him immortal, but close enough.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
CC talked to dead people throughout the series. In fact she talked to Marianne in one of her earliest appearances. It's hard to catch though.

For a more recent thing, when Lelouch finds out that Nunally was still alive, Lelouch is angry at her for not telling him, assuming that she would have been able to talk to her/know she was dead. But CC says she only has that connection with people she's given the Geass to.

Also as for Suzaku's live geass. The reason it made him so powerful against the Knight of One was because the Knight of One didn't explain his power properly. All the geasses involve minds. Like how Rolo's at first seemed to be able to stop time, he really is only able to stop people's perceptions of time. Similarly, the Knight of One's geass didn't let him predict the future, he predicted what people were going to do. But with SUzaku's live geass on, it's not so much his mind controlling what he's going to do as it is his geass controlling what to do. So the Knight of One's geass has no mind to read. So the future-vision-Sharingan-thing disappears and geassed Suzaku ***** him.

Also, I think, although Nunally was geassed into believing her legs were broken, I think later on the emperor really did have them broken so that when doctors examined her they wouldn't be all "she's a big fat FAKER." There's a scene early in season one where she's beng examined by doctors and they're like, her legs are destroyed but her blindness appears to be psychological or something.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
lets keep this thread alive FOREVAR!!!

So did Suzaku only join Lelouch's side in order to kill him at the end? I think their partnership was kinda like a deal where Suzaku helps Lelouch, but kills him (Lelouch) after to make up for what Lelouch did to Euphie. But Suzaku was reluctant to kill Lelouch so does that mean he forgave him for killing Euphie??

Darkslash

Smash Master
Okay when Suzaku pulled out his sword did you think any of the characters thought

OKAY HOW THE HELL DID ZERO GET THE EMPERORS SWORD?

Also any one think "Zero" took Suzaku's cat?

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
CC talked to dead people throughout the series. In fact she talked to Marianne in one of her earliest appearances. It's hard to catch though.

For a more recent thing, when Lelouch finds out that Nunally was still alive, Lelouch is angry at her for not telling him, assuming that she would have been able to talk to her/know she was dead. But CC says she only has that connection with people she's given the Geass to.

Also as for Suzaku's live geass. The reason it made him so powerful against the Knight of One was because the Knight of One didn't explain his power properly. All the geasses involve minds. Like how Rolo's at first seemed to be able to stop time, he really is only able to stop people's perceptions of time. Similarly, the Knight of One's geass didn't let him predict the future, he predicted what people were going to do. But with SUzaku's live geass on, it's not so much his mind controlling what he's going to do as it is his geass controlling what to do. So the Knight of One's geass has no mind to read. So the future-vision-Sharingan-thing disappears and geassed Suzaku ***** him.

Also, I think, although Nunally was geassed into believing her legs were broken, I think later on the emperor really did have them broken so that when doctors examined her they wouldn't be all "she's a big fat FAKER." There's a scene early in season one where she's beng examined by doctors and they're like, her legs are destroyed but her blindness appears to be psychological or something.

i dont think marianne was dead when she talked to her. i still beleive lelouch is alive, from my thoughts i posted earlier.

Darkslash

Smash Master
If Lelouch didn't die Sunrise pulled another Mu LuFlaga He needs to stay dead. Its one of those sad truths. IF he didn't die at the sword but was pretending i could let it pass...

Miharu

Smash Hero
If Lelouch didn't die Sunrise pulled another Mu LuFlaga He needs to stay dead. Its one of those sad truths. IF he didn't die at the sword but was pretending i could let it pass...
If that's the case, then
it'd be like how C.C. got shot in the first EP of R1, then came back later.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wow, forgot it was the last episode. >_>
Despite my fears in the last few episodes I liked the ending.

I liked the ending, CG was great.

Was it though?
Was it really though??

Eh, not really.
but stupid fun in a way I guess.

Last edited:

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget about this http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2008/09/code-geass-r2-25-so-is-lelouch-dead-or-not/ which has some more supporting theories pieced together. Especially
the fact that
It's called Code Geass R2 because Lelouch Lamperouge has obtained the Code and Geass and those with the code like V.V. and C.C.'s names are pronounced like V2 and C2 L.L. aka Lelouch Lamperouge (taking into account the R and L property of Japanese would be prounounced as.... R2. There you go Code Geass R2.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was really starting to doubt whether or not Lelouch died. I figured Nunally came to a realization or sorts when she touched Lelouch, but it was way too detailed to be a simple "realization" or what Lelouch had planned. The evidence all points to Lelouch being alive, but I personally want him to be dead. Don't get me wrong, I loved having Lelouch fighting against the world with Suzaku as his Knight. However, Zero Requiem made me respect Lelouch. He died to repent for his sins and make the peaceful world he wanted for Nunally. Staying alive kind of kills that respect I had for him...I thought he gave up his life for the sake of his sister >_>

Anyways, its all good. CC x Lelouch =) And I don't really mind not knowing CC's name. By the end of the series, she was just "Sheetsu" to me.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was really starting to doubt whether or not Lelouch died. I figured Nunally came to a realization or sorts when she touched Lelouch, but it was way too detailed to be a simple "realization" or what Lelouch had planned. The evidence all points to Lelouch being alive, but I personally want him to be dead. Don't get me wrong, I loved having Lelouch fighting against the world with Suzaku as his Knight. However, Zero Requiem made me respect Lelouch. He died to repent for his sins and make the peaceful world he wanted for Nunally. Staying alive kind of kills that respect I had for him...I thought he gave up his life for the sake of his sister >_>

Anyways, its all good. CC x Lelouch =) And I don't really mind not knowing CC's name. By the end of the series, she was just "Sheetsu" to me.
Hah, as if Lelouch would do something as selfless as that.

Lelouch x C.C. all day rofl

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I just realized, Lulu does not even need to have the code to live. Remember Mao, filled with bullets + amazing Britanian technology = alive. Lulu would just need the sword to not hit a vital and he'd be fine.

As for his death, I'm indifferent. I think the ending is better with him dieing but there is no proof like with the ending to Cowboy Bebop, we will probably never get an answer.

Last edited:

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Mao is kewl, I want to have his children =O

Srsly he is.

And also... Lulu is a b-tard :*( He killed Suzaku's wife :*(

Darkslash

Smash Master
Funny don't you think when people start piecing a series mysteries after its done, and totally makes sense?

Seriously why would C.C have a paper crane with her? The only person that Made and received a Paper Crane is non other than Lelouch and Nunally.Plus the driver has Blackish hair..which Lelouch has.. Seriously Lelouch is the only character with Black Hair that isn't a generic Canon Fodder or Backdrop.

Ohh another thing. C.C Originally had 2 Sigils in her eyes. Lelouch had 2 Sigils as well. C.C gain Immortality when her Geass obtained full potential. Lelouch was spamming his Geass that he Geassed the world of C. THEN Charles touched him with the coded hand. THIS transferred the Code becuase Lelouch gained full potential of his Geass and then the rest goes from there.

Now I can TRUELY be happy with Sunrise now. because THEY had proof that he could of Live, makes me happy that he could of live unlike some other guy who dresses up in purple..

Ohh yea I find foreshadowing that Zero wears a purple suit and Purple is a color of Royalty.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Is purple really the colour of royality?

I haven't watch season 2 of Code Geass, but the ending of season one made me kinda go weird inside with mixed feelings.

And yeah, in anime, when people die, there should be a really good reason why they don't actually die and live *cough other horrbile anime *cough

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ohhh wow! Didn't notice Queen Elizabith wears purple...

Anyways... Code Geass can be compared to Mushishi in a way. Code Geass had those tight twist and turns, but Mushishi makes almost everything perfect. xD

And for those fangirls... Lulu>Light. Cause Lulu can actually keep a girl (sort of?) rather than Light, whos uses them.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Lulu is more of a get-out-and-do-something person while Light is a nerd killing people with a book?

Lulu's not fat, Light is. This automatically means Code Geass > Death Note. Srsly =P

lawlcakes

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I should put this anime at one of my top 10 favroite anime, I really enjoyed it, both season's of it. I'm not sure who is my most favroite chracter, I'll just say Nunnally.

When Nunnally open her eye's, I almost fell in love with her. XD Anyways, I was kind of like, oh **** she broke the Geass that had an effect on her. The ending of this show almost made me cry, NOOOO!!! LELOUCH!!! DX

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I don't think anything will ever beat Code Geass

After watching R1 24-25 I just realized:
Lelouch actually can control someone with Geass even if it's a recording and someone is watching the screen. I think that everything would have been fine if he capitalized on that more.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I don't think anything will ever beat Code Geass

After watching R1 24-25 I just realized:
Lelouch actually can control someone with Geass even if it's a recording and someone is watching the screen. I think that everything would have been fine if he capitalized on that more.
didnt he do that with guilford? making him think he was cornelia when he did that pose. he just can't use geass on them with a screen. he has to see their eyes

i liked the ending for code geass. i just which there was more kallen.

Top Bottom