• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Lets assume MK were mafia and you are town. He knows exactly who is mafia and who is not. He knows that you are town. He defends you and buddies up with you. Now if you die, he looks good for having defended a town player earlier in the game (or failed to defend you, making him look good for trying to defend a townie from death).

It's a very basic mafia strategy, and if he is mafia and you are town, then that is what he is doing.

Not saying that he is mafia and you are town for sure, just assuming you are that to prove a point.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok how about we don't act like morons and lynch someone right off the bat?

I don't think we should lynch MK, I'm getting a good town read off of him. Ya he could be more active but thats more than one persons flaw atm.

I do think we should go after Adum and Omni. Gheb has been going after Adum most of the game, with his recent death I'm guesing it was it was a way to relieve some pressure. I've already posted why I would like a Omni lynch, but if you would like me to restate it I will.
If I were mafia, why would I go after gheb?

Seriously, his pushes have been completely useless, he's been a null factor all game except for picking random arguments since he never actually supports his accusations, and therefore none of his accusations ever went anywhere. Let's continue assuming I was mafia, if he ever built a reasonable case against me, I could probably just get it dismissed out of hand as tunneling.

But I read him as playing stupid town this game so I didn't push for his lynch, I'm wondering if he was just doing it to make himself suspicious enough to not get NK'd so he could survive into lylo, that and there were more important targets. Guess I was right, but he failed to get to lylo, or he was just playing poorly in general.

Regardless, what he did WAS suspicious, omni pushing for him being scummy certainly makes sense.

Plus, always the possibility that scum did it to put suspicion on us and get us lynched as well as deal with a possible future issue.

Seph, where are our scumtells, your case is full of holes.

Seph, in my first IRL game of mafia, we picked a random lynch target cause nobody dropped any scum tells, somebody tried to dissuade us from the actual target, defending her. Turned out he was mafia, and that attempted prevention of a mislynch won him the game and allowed him to get the cop (me) lynched. Mafia LOVES buddying, but mafia also loves pushing mislynches, the question you gotta ask is, "when is it reasonable?". In that case I should've called him on it and pushed for his lynch since there was no discernible reason to push against her lynch. In general it depends on the situation.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Isn't there 10 alive?
yes

vote count

meta-kirby (3) - adumbrodeus kevinm blue yoshi
adumbroedus (1) - sephiroths masamune

not voting (6) - exn meta-kirby overswarm riddle rockin omni

with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!
deadline is the last second of 6/21 est!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
or maybe gheb was killed in order to control one of the town village powers or w/e those things are

same goes for everyone else's death

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think MK is scum Omni, I'm not willing to lynch town this late into the game.

Stop trying to stall it out and overthink it because I swear if you all ****ing overthink this **** its going to piss me off. I'm sick of no one listening when there is obv ****in scum.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well...not too surprisingly, Gheb and Sworddancer (well, that one there is a bit surprising) are dead. Sucks =/

I'm still unsure it's either a vig or sk. The choice of kills (or at least, N1 result of kills) makes it a bit too hard to see either.

I'm on my PSP so I can't quote long or multiple posts.

He said he got a town read on me (which I am) and he has openly defended me.
That is a horrible reason to think one is town and you should know better. No matter how big of a flake they got, mafia is always going to be buddying with SOMEONE. A person should be town should be a bit more then that. Look at MK's actions. Can you honestly tell me all that he's done all game is pro-town? o.o

Blue Yoshi, still waiting to hear what you gotta say in terms of my questions http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10438853&postcount=1170. I'm also a bit curious as to who you guys watched this night.

Still waiting to hear from Overswarm, riddle, and Meta-kirby

Omni...curious....have you read your PM carefully by any chance? (in terms of neighboring).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
We watched Riddle, and nothing happened to him last night.

I assume your question to me is why I don't want to lynch my neighborhood. It is because at the moment, there is a town majority in our neighborhood (either 2 town 1 scum, or 3 town). So as of now, town has control of the power role in the neighborhood. If we lynch someone, and accidentally hit town, we may end up with 1 town, 1 scum, resulting in scum having equal control of the power role.

Right now, all three members of this neighborhood are still alive.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
We watched Riddle, and nothing happened to him last night.

I assume your question to me is why I don't want to lynch my neighborhood. It is because at the moment, there is a town majority in our neighborhood (either 2 town 1 scum, or 3 town). So as of now, town has control of the power role in the neighborhood. If we lynch someone, and accidentally hit town, we may end up with 1 town, 1 scum, resulting in scum having equal control of the power role.

Right now, all three members of this neighborhood are still alive.
Ahh, okay. Makes a bit of sense now. But if two groups of neighborhoods are left (yours included), how would you handle this issue?

also, still havn't answered why you watched me N1.

Omni

BRoomer
uh not really rockin. i guess i should reach more into this neighboring thing as well as my pm

Omni

BRoomer
oh so u can only post at night. i see. lol, wtf @ wanting to push my lynch for being "useless" Seph

its like you have a million and one reasons to push my lynch but none of them really equate to me being scummy. i feel unsafe with you as my neighbor thats for sure

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
uh not really rockin. i guess i should reach more into this neighboring thing as well as my pm
At least this would explain why you didn't answer or say any of your imput during the night.

in case you didn't thoroughly read Day 1's post, I told others that me, you (dark ermac at the time), and seph are in a neighborhood. Just thought I let you know on that.

in anycase, what are your thoughts for the moment? Do you agree with a Meta Kirby lynch or is there someone else in mind you rather go for?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
WTF?

That's a complete non sequitur here, you're saying to go for safe scum, and no your targeting me, AFTER MK's pattern, and with no reasoning behind it.

Do you even have a case or are you picking names out of a hat?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
WTF?

That's a complete non sequitur here, you're saying to go for safe scum, and no your targeting me, AFTER MK's pattern, and with no reasoning behind it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
MK or Adum.

Feeling actually more like Adum might be our best bet actually :\.

So much scum in this game.
WTF?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Adum and Seph all strike me as scummy. I would not be surprised if they were a complete scum team. I'm inclined to agree with KevinM's pressure on MKirby.

Guys, I've held off on this statement for a while, but...

Check your neighborhoods. If you have a power, and you do, and scum has killed someone in your neighborhood, chances are that person did so to get your power... unless scum aren't in a neighborhood.

When do you guys think we should do a full neighborhood name claim? It's gonna have to happen eventually, and I have reason to believe most of us are VTs with no power save for our neighborhoods. Depending on what the powers are... mafia want them. If they are in neighborhoods with us, they're attempting to kill the other members of a neighborhood to gain said power.

I'm for an all-neighborhood claim at the moment.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm fine with claiming members of neighborhoods, and whether or not the neighborhoods contain a power role. However, I do not think the power role should be revealed (simply whether or not the neighborhood has a power role or not).

Our neighborhood wrote down all confirmed neighborhoods (as in members of neighborhoods), and we ended up with three neighborhoods of three (including ours), one of two, and four people still left out. One likely is the third member of the neighborhood of two (making three in that neighborhood), leaving three people out. However, that said, given that the one dead neighborhood (Summoner's neighborhood) was all town, I'm starting to wonder if the three who have not claimed to be in a neighborhood are the three mafia players. It would make sense, since they could be a mafia team with no one in a neighborhood. I'm starting to consider this as a possibility...

Any thoughts? Comments?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
OS, again I ask, why am I scummy? Are you just getting a read like that or do you have any actions to point to?

That's an interesting possibility.

Either they're in limited neighborhoods (in which case it's useful at this point) or they already know all neighborhoods by process of elimination.

How are we gonna do this?

Omni

BRoomer
At least this would explain why you didn't answer or say any of your imput during the night.

in case you didn't thoroughly read Day 1's post, I told others that me, you (dark ermac at the time), and seph are in a neighborhood. Just thought I let you know on that.

in anycase, what are your thoughts for the moment? Do you agree with a Meta Kirby lynch or is there someone else in mind you rather go for?
do you have to sound so scummy when u ask this? :laugh:

my thoughts at the moment are scattered. not really up to par with the game and dont have anything on Meta Kirby since he hasnt posted anything up to date. seems like a super inactive.

i think seph smells.

i also agree with OS. if two people are left in a neighborhood it wouldn't surprise me that the remaining neighbor his scum (while the other is vanilla).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Adum, gheb was highly suspicious of you and gave me a lot of reason to doubt you in our neighborhood.

I also think you smell like scum.

Seph, Adum is my most likely scum team at the moment with

MK, OS being the only other feasible connection I can make.

I don't think however that this is the correct team, considering Seph has been on my scumdar basically since D1 and I normally don't feel that strongly about a player unless I'm correct.

(See: Hilt Vyse, in Shaq, other examples to lazy to find now)

I feel like crap neglecting my scumdar this entire game just to go along with what seems to be a mostly useless town.

You guys have been sitting on your ***** for this entire game and its incredibly anti-town.

And who has been leading this crap,

Adum and Seph.

Both of you have not pushed super hard for a lynch Adum hell I can't remember a stance that you've stood strongly on since D1.

Heck the only thing I've seen you really react to is me calling you out as scum.

Vote Adum

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Adum, gheb was highly suspicious of you and gave me a lot of reason to doubt you in our neighborhood.
So, in other words, Seph, Rei (now riddle), me. I have a person to confirm my neighborhood and if it wasn't true, I'd get called out by the third.

Do you want a third name, I can gladly give it to you since I agree with a full reveal anyway.

I also think you smell like scum.

Seph, Adum is my most likely scum team at the moment with

MK, OS being the only other feasible connection I can make.

I don't think however that this is the correct team, considering Seph has been on my scumdar basically since D1 and I normally don't feel that strongly about a player unless I'm correct.
Feeling strongly?

Very useful in leading a lynch, you're supposed to use scumdar to pick up on people

(See: Hilt Vyse, in Shaq, other examples to lazy to find now)

I feel like crap neglecting my scumdar this entire game just to go along with what seems to be a mostly useless town.

You guys have been sitting on your ***** for this entire game and its incredibly anti-town.

And who has been leading this crap,

Adum and Seph.

Both of you have not pushed super hard for a lynch Adum hell I can't remember a stance that you've stood strongly on since D1.

Heck the only thing I've seen you really react to is me calling you out as scum.

Vote Adum
Eh, what?

Haven't taken a strong stance, I certainly took a strong stance yesterday about summoner and I was the one placing pressure on MK, I started the day pushing for his lynch after all.

How am I "leading this crap", that seems like a BS excuse for a lynch when you can't come up with anything. I sure as hell don't see seph leading anyone, he's been the butt monkey among the active players pretty much all game.

What were YOU doing last game day, you seem to be doing a lot of vanishing.

Your accusation is odd and inconsistent, I'm inclined to believe this says more about you then me, especially your odd memory gaps.

The only thing I'll agree with you on is we have a ridiculously anti-town town.

Also, you forgot to unvote.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I never unvote, I don't think I vanished considering I was largely for lynching a majority of the players yesterday but YET AGAIN town has failed to come up with a lynch. This is starting to be a major problem and you seem scared to pull the trigger finger on a lynch.

Unfortunately don't expect me to get into a row with you thats not how I play this game, My case on you is made, I don't think I've made any odd gaps in memory

And your line about you taking a strong stance is odd since your strong stance is mentioning two players both of which you didn't push for a lynch nearly hard enough to garner any support.

Doesn't seem that hard at all in that case.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Errr, what? You never unvote? Are you the jester or something? I hope that was a mistake.

Why are you referring to town as "you"? Either this is a scum-slip or this is your problem too.

The problem with town is that we have too few committed players, I had developed a strong case on both those players, and what happened? The rest of town isn't ****ing active enough to bother voting before the deadline.

Garnering support isn't generally a matter of how hard an INDIVIDUAL pushes, it's often a matter of the rest of the population deciding to take action and follow up on SOMETHING.

If it's my fault I couldn't garner support cause town was inactive, it's just as much your fault.

Instead of fostering blame on the people attempting to get town to DO SOMETHING, why don't you try targeting the group that's actually causing the issue, the reason why we couldn't get any lynches, the inactives and active lurkers.

But what can we do with this many? At this point they're just handing scum free win coupons.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Ugh, this game is hard to get into. I haven't like adum's play and I agree with a lot of gheb's day 1 points.

vote: Adumbrodeous

happy with an Adum lynch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Stop voting.

We're going to claim neighborhoods first. Potentially powers.

I'd like everyone to do this:

Bolded (yes/no) neighborhoods
bolded (yes/no) powers

the first being for saying all the members of your neighborhood, the second for outing your power. Majority rules.

yes neighborhoods
no powers

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Oh really? Unusual.

Yes neighborhoods
no powers

Why'd you suggest powers if you don't want them revealed?

Also, the level of sheepishness in this town is disgusting, god help us all if Kevin and/or OS is mafia.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

meta-kirby (2) - adumbrodeus blue yoshi
adumbroedus (3) - sephiroths masamune kevinm riddle

not voting (5) - exn meta-kirby overswarm rockin omni

with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!
deadline is the last second of 6/21 est!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yes neighborhood

Maybe powers. No atm.

And what Adum said, OS why did bring up voting for powers if you don't want them revealed?

Top Bottom