• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

Overswarm

is laughing at you
And what Adum said, OS why did bring up voting for powers if you don't want them revealed?
Because I get more information that way.

Sephiroth Masamune, you can confirm your neighborhood first.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

meta-kirby (2) - adumbrodeus blue yoshi
adumbroedus (3) - sephiroths masamune kevinm riddle

not voting (5) - exn meta-kirby overswarm rockin omni

with 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!
deadline is the last second of 6/21 est!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Neighborhood one: Sephiroths Masamune, Omni, Rockin
Neighborhood two: Blue Yoshi, Exn, Overswarm

Claiming my neighborhood.

2. Exn replaces xonar d1
3. meta-kirby
4. overswarm
5. sephiroths masamune
7. adumbrodeus
9. riddle replaces -rei- d2
11. rockin replaces gustave d113. kevinm
14. blue yoshi
15. omni replaces dark_ermac d2

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Confirming being in a neighborhood with BY & OS.

This is what we came up with in the neighborhood:

1. Exn, OS, BY (Claimed power role)
2. Summ, FF, VR (No power role)
3. Adum, Rei (Claimed Power)
4. Rockin, Omni, Seph (Claimed Power)

MK, Sword, Gheb, and Kevin have not been placed. There is one more in the Adum/Rei neighborhood.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
3. Adum, Riddle (Claimed Power)
5. KevinM, Gheb

Unplaced: Sword, MK

There's a possibility that one 'neighborhood' is actually 3 scum, but I think it's more likely that scum are placed among all the neighborhoods. Summoners neighborhood had all vanilla though, but they also didn't have a power role.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It would be pretty interesting if Sword was in Kevin's neighborhood. Same for MK too seeing that he is likely to be lynched today.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So now we have a dilemma, as our actions make it much more likely that mafia gets a power role from this point forward.

Meta-Kirby is a heavy inactive. This is not scummy, and I feel killing an inactive at this point would not help us learn anything.

My choice for a lynch today would be Sephiroths Masamune.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Honestly, it more the timing of him dropping out (when he was being pressured) and the fact that he's still quite active on the site.

Again, remember your disappearance in DBZ mafia that saved you from a lynch (when the mod basically CONFIRMED you were mafia?)?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
3. Adum, Riddle, MK (Claimed Power)
5. KevinM, Gheb, Sword

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm at my dads house so I can finally post something large and it doesn't take an hour to type.

Seph, where are our scumtells, your case is full of holes.
Brb with that, I promise.

Seph, in my first IRL game of mafia, we picked a random lynch target cause nobody dropped any scum tells, somebody tried to dissuade us from the actual target, defending her. Turned out he was mafia, and that attempted prevention of a mislynch won him the game and allowed him to get the cop (me) lynched. Mafia LOVES buddying, but mafia also loves pushing mislynches, the question you gotta ask is, "when is it reasonable?". In that case I should've called him on it and pushed for his lynch since there was no discernible reason to push against her lynch. In general it depends on the situation.
Call me naive or whatever, but I still think MK is town.

Seph, Adum is my most likely scum team at the moment with

I don't think however that this is the correct team, considering Seph has been on my scumdar basically since D1 and I normally don't feel that strongly about a player unless I'm correct.

(See: Hilt Vyse, in Shaq, other examples to lazy to find now)

So your saying that your always correct on who's scum and whose not? So what happens when your scum? Do we still take your word for it from past games? You could have been town in a hundred games and every time you could point out who was scum, but that wouldn't change the fact that you could be scum this game.

I feel like crap neglecting my scumdar this entire game just to go along with what seems to be a mostly useless town.

You guys have been sitting on your ***** for this entire game and its incredibly anti-town.

And who has been leading this crap,

Adum and Seph.

Both of you have not pushed super hard for a lynch Adum hell I can't remember a stance that you've stood strongly on since D1.
I guess I just don't know your standards of whats pushing hard on a lynch. To me I feel like I pushed Rei's lynch the hardest out of who was.

How am I "leading this crap", that seems like a BS excuse for a lynch when you can't come up with anything. I sure as hell don't see seph leading anyone, he's been the butt monkey among the active players pretty much all game.
Can we play a game without insulting please?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Seph, it's not a manner of naivety, do you have a CASE for why MK is town?

How is butt monkey an insult? You're obviously unfamiliar with the term, this refers to the fact that pretty much everyone has been ignoring you the entire game except to occasionally say that you're scummy. My read on you is solidly noob-town atm by the way, but don't expect them to change their opinions on you any time soon.

Hmmm, Kevin is the last in his neighborhood... interesting.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Seph, it's not a manner of naivety, do you have a CASE for why MK is town?

How is butt monkey an insult? You're obviously unfamiliar with the term, this refers to the fact that pretty much everyone has been ignoring you the entire game except to occasionally say that you're scummy. My read on you is solidly noob-town atm by the way, but don't expect them to change their opinions on you any time soon.

Hmmm, Kevin is the last in his neighborhood... interesting.
@MK statement: What I have said already is the only reason I think he is town.

@Butt monkey: A dumb phrase Imo.

@Kevin statement: Thinking the same thing.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Swords and Gheb died the same night, obviously I feel like I'm being targetted, also another reason I'm super suspicious of Adum is because both of them were talking about how they were worried about Adum and they both die in the same night.

I might as well reveal our power, We're able to conjoin votes once a night.

We've only used this ability once.

I think that Seph and Adum are our scum team considering both my neighbors were insta killed and now they're trying to set me up.

It just seems odd that Gheb and Swords would be suspicious of Adum and mention they are growing wary of Seph both of them die and both of these two jump on the fact that my neighbors are dead.

Don't like that at all.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Swords and Gheb died the same night, obviously I feel like I'm being targetted, also another reason I'm super suspicious of Adum is because both of them were talking about how they were worried about Adum and they both die in the same night.

I might as well reveal our power, We're able to conjoin votes once a night.

We've only used this ability once.

I think that Seph and Adum are our scum team considering both my neighbors were insta killed and now they're trying to set me up.

It just seems odd that Gheb and Swords would be suspicious of Adum and mention they are growing wary of Seph both of them die and both of these two jump on the fact that my neighbors are dead.

Don't like that at all.
Swordsdancer was suspicious of me? Where? Quote it.

We disagreed on summoner, but I don't remember him being suspicious of me within any relevant timeframe.

Gheb had been tunneling me since day one, everyone's been ignoring his accusations against me for a long time, were I scum, how would it serve me to kill him?

Are you suggesting that Mafia has 2 kills in this game (not multiple factions of mafia, that a single faction has two kills)? You seem to be attributing both their deaths to me.

This is an extremely odd line of reasoning, very tunnel-happy, you seem desperate to get me lynched.

As for both your neighbors being dead, it was impossible for anybody outside of your neighborhood to know that they were your neighbors until just now when the full neighborhoods were revealed unless they had a person in every neighborhood except yours (since both of your neighbors flipped town) or you yourself are scum.

Kevin, you're making me like you less and less the more active a role in the game you take. Come to think of it, why this flurry of activity now, you were content with your semi-active lurking before?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Our neighborhood greeting post was worded in a way that makes it seem like we make two people share a vote.
When did you use this? I still don't understand. Two people in your neighborhood make their votes count as one? Or two people outside?

>_o?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
haven't had internet in a while

don't like Kevin's outburst nor his change to lynch Adum/Seph after the bandwagon on inactive MetaKirby didn't work.

hell, dont like most people's play in this game. still too much focus being put into the neighborhoods

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm thinking OS might be scum buddies with Kev, I don't like how OS jumped on my wagon just after his post.

vote deadline extension

KevinM, who should I vote for and why, cuz I just got back from MLG and am brain dead
This is subtle but still a connection towards kev.

I'll try to find more but this is all I could come up with atm.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sweet, an instant "nuh uh, the guy who voted for me is scum!"

My vote stays on Sephiroths Masamune.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Cool story, bro.

Might as well start defending yourself with something more substantial than "no you".

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Vote: Sephiroths Masamune

oh so we can finally start a bandwagon on the guy i wanted to start one on a long time ago. sweet.

if he flips town then we lynch Rockin if we're going under the impression that there's one scum per neighborhood dealie.

@seph: regardless of flavor of the game most of you are focusing too much on it and ignoring the basic concept/fundamental that is mafia. no one is going to leave any worthwhile trails if we're all arguing about assumptions on the game mechanics and attempting to make lynch choices on those same basis. here i'll show you how to play non-flavor mafia

@seph (again): who do you think is scum seph, and why? also, emphasize on your reasoning for why you feel Meta Kirby is town considering his lack of any kind of action which emphasizes on a scum-like, coast play

@rockin: you aren't doing ANY kind of scumhunting at all. who do you think is scum? what do you think of myself and seph since we're in your same neighborhood. if we're going under the pretense that there's at least 1 scum per neighborhood and you're town you -should- be trying to figure out which one of us two is scum (that is if you are town). basically, i don't see much effort on your part compared to most games i've seen you in town where you've actively contirbuted and scumhunted with more... effort, for a word

@kev: was metakirby not your gut feeling? im not understanding nor liking your complete change from metakirby to seph/adum, tho, if i was a day vig i'd off those two Day 1. why the change?

exn: a lot of flavor talk from you, too. actively discussing flavor, imo, equals a huge tell for scum attempting to look like a contributor and fish for information. either that or a townie who doesn't realize focusing on flavor too much can have its negative side effects. who do you think is scum and why? i dont have much of a read on you so answer in detail. also, specifically for you, who do you want the play for toDay

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Kevin

You haven't answered my questions.

1. Where did swords say he suspected me yesterday?

2. How would Gheb dying now help me now? Nobody listened to him before because he gave no evidence, why would he matter?

3. Why the sudden increase in activity on your part?

4. Are you suggesting that a single scum faction controls both kills?

@omni and OS: What makes you think that he's scum as opposed to noob-town?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
oh so we can finally start a bandwagon on the guy i wanted to start one on a long time ago. sweet.

if he flips town then we lynch Rockin if we're going under the impression that there's one scum per neighborhood dealie.
We're not. One bandwagon at a time. There will be no domino effect.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why, exactly, do I need to answer this? If "noob town" and "scum" are closely aligned, it is his responsibility to not play noob town. Not my responsibility to use a crystal ball to say "Oh, he's just acting scummy because he's noob". If I saw a grievous error on his part that I could attribute to him being noob-town I'd do so, but I don't.

What makes you think he's noob town, and why are you defending him?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Wrong, when I flip town, lynch Omni, because there is no way I’m giving our power to him.

@seph: regardless of flavor of the game most of you are focusing too much on it and ignoring the basic concept/fundamental that is mafia. no one is going to leave any worthwhile trails if we're all arguing about assumptions on the game mechanics and attempting to make lynch choices on those same basis. here i'll show you how to play non-flavor mafia
They're of equal value you need to focus on both, not either one or the other.

@seph (again): who do you think is scum seph, and why? also, emphasize on your reasoning for why you feel Meta Kirby is town considering his lack of any kind of action which emphasizes on a scum-like, coast play
I’ve already said who I think is scum and why before. If you want a full detailed case then you’re going to have to wait.

@MK statement: I have already said why I think MK is town, there is nothing else to say about it. If you’re so worried that MK is scum then lynch him today. If he comes up scum lynch me and lose. If he comes up town you’ll probably go after me anyways.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why, exactly, do I need to answer this? If "noob town" and "scum" are closely aligned, it is his responsibility to not play noob town. Not my responsibility to use a crystal ball to say "Oh, he's just acting scummy because he's noob". If I saw a grievous error on his part that I could attribute to him being noob-town I'd do so, but I don't.

What makes you think he's noob town, and why are you defending him?
I'm not defending him, I'm asking for a legitimate reason to re-evaluate my read on him, in other words, a solid case.

So I ask again, what scummy actions can not be attributed to simply inexperience? If none, what actions that he made betrays that he knows what he's doing?

Yes, it is his responsibility, but we get screwed as a town if we misread him and lynch town, so it also our responsibility to be sure that he isn't town, especially considering how many townie deaths we've already suffered.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Kevin

You haven't answered my questions.

1. Where did swords say he suspected me yesterday?

In our quick topic that night

2. How would Gheb dying now help me now? Nobody listened to him before because he gave no evidence, why would he matter?

He still was on your trail, no offense I don't exactly think you're a good player and having a good player actually on your case would make you knee jerk imo. Especially because people were bound to listen to him eventually

3. Why the sudden increase in activity on your part?

I don't see a sudden increase in activity, I see a few more posts on something I can latch onto rather then just trying to get who I think is scummy lynched and watch the rest of the town waddle around

4. Are you suggesting that a single scum faction controls both kills?

I don't think I once stated that, I just find it odd both members of my neighborhood would die and then two people would push that fact hard, I think there is most certainly a connection there.

Answers in bold.

Vote Seph

A wagon I can stand behind.

Omni seems super townie.

Can we get a prod on MK Rockin? I feel like they haven't said anything this entire Day.

OS, I want to trust you I truly do.

Adum, still think you're scum but either you or Seph could go at this point.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

@rockin: you aren't doing ANY kind of scumhunting at all. who do you think is scum? what do you think of myself and seph since we're in your same neighborhood. if we're going under the pretense that there's at least 1 scum per neighborhood and you're town you -should- be trying to figure out which one of us two is scum (that is if you are town). basically, i don't see much effort on your part compared to most games i've seen you in town where you've actively contirbuted and scumhunted with more... effort, for a word

@kev: was metakirby not your gut feeling? im not understanding nor liking your complete change from metakirby to seph/adum, tho, if i was a day vig i'd off those two Day 1. why the change?

exn: a lot of flavor talk from you, too. actively discussing flavor, imo, equals a huge tell for scum attempting to look like a contributor and fish for information. either that or a townie who doesn't realize focusing on flavor too much can have its negative side effects. who do you think is scum and why? i dont have much of a read on you so answer in detail. also, specifically for you, who do you want the play for toDay
The change comes from if MK is mafia then he will be found eventually, however with town swinging ZERO and the game end seeming imminent, with how many townies we've lost, I'd rather go for someone that seems scummy then someone I'm just banking on to be scum because of inactivity.

Does that make sense?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sorry Omni. I was just unsure which direction to really lead most of the game (aside from a MK lynch cause...well...he STILL deciedes not to post anything, even though he may have been posting in other threads). At LEAST seph is posting some content AND trying (however, I have not been liking his thought process throughout the entire game...=/)

Really Omni, you're more town then he is by far.

I'm getting a bit of a townie read from Overswarm, but I really wish he stopped the focus on the neighborhood. I think it's already been said and done that there's a neighboorhood.

Only null tells I got are from Adum and Exn. as far as Exn goes, I can't find a spot of where he really stands. His post doesn't give me enough thought as to where he truly stands (which I mean Mafia or Townie)

I'm incline to lynch Meta Kirby or Riddle (cause he has not only posted twice in D3, but hasn't given us a summery as to what he thinks of other people). Seph. is also a fine choice of a lynch, but I perfer to get rid of the inactives.

Top Bottom