• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
In my suggestion, pools will start during Losers Finals. Although now that I think about it, wouldn't Losers Semis have four teams (eight players) remaining? This would work as well.

We make Wave 1 out of eight pools that don't have Doubles Participants in them. LQF is way too early. Starting pools with six doubles teams remaining isn't practical.

Edit: Just going to make this clear. Pools will not be starting during Losers Quarters. Way too early. This will not happen. As for pausing doubles, I don't like to unnecessarily complicate things for both the players and those running the events. I've seen no way that this will not do both.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
LF is 2 teams, LSF is 4 teams, LQF is 8 teams.

Add 1 team that is in GF from winners. so it's, 6 people at LF, 10 people at LSF, and 18 people at LQF.

Right?

In case this is still confusing people.

:phone:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
LF actually has three teams left. Two in losers' bracket, the other one sitting, waiting for grand finals. And Loser semis has six.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
WAIT MJG AND DELTA-CODS OLE B***H A** RUN AWAY AND THROW **** TACTICS ARE BOTH GONNA BE AT THIS TOURNAMENT?!

man **** this tournament.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
In my suggestion, pools will start during Losers Finals. Although now that I think about it, wouldn't Losers Semis have four teams (eight players) remaining? This would work as well.

We make Wave 1 out of eight pools that don't have Doubles Participants in them. LQF is way too early. Starting pools with six doubles teams remaining isn't practical.

Edit: Just going to make this clear. Pools will not be starting during Losers Quarters. Way too early. This will not happen. As for pausing doubles, I don't like to unnecessarily complicate things for both the players and those running the events. I've seen no way that this will not do both.
No no no LQF has 4 teams. Loser semis has two teams from losers, and the loser of WF. I had to draw a mock bracket to figure it out lol.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I covered that, hilt. I mean specifically in the losers finals, not total in bracket at the point of LF.

It makes more sense to have people who are still in doubles to be a part of wave 2.

Wave 1 (double-less players) does their pools while the doubles finishes. Then wave 2 (doubles players) does their pools.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Tako, I'm not only counting those that are in losers' bracket.

Those that are still in winners' matters for my plan. I don't want to put anyone in pools that is still in doubles.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Hilt, you benifit from having everyone who is done with pools concentrate on doubles. You can fit everyone still in doubles in first wave pools. Then you can run pools without having to worry about people still needing to play pools matches. The only issue then is do we have the setups pools and doubles at the same time.

Like imagine a situation where someone finishes a doubles match, then you have to decide whether to play a pools match or wait for the next doubles match. If you let him play the pools match that has to finish before the doubles match can begin, and if he waits you're holding up pools. By allowing all of the pools matches for the doubles players to finish first you can circumvent this situation.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
If wave 1 has zero players who are in the doubles bracket, then no doubles player would have to worry about it.

Those who enter doubles will either:

A) play their entire doubles bracket through GF, then play their pools matches in wave 2

OR

B) play doubles up to LQF/LSF/LF (whichever is decided as the cutoff point), stop doubles and play all of their pools in wave 1, then finish doubles afterward.

Why would you make them switch between doubles and pools?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
If wave 1 has zero players who are in the doubles bracket, then no doubles player would have to worry about it.

Those who enter doubles will either:

A) play their entire doubles bracket through GF, then play their pools matches in wave 2

OR

B) play doubles up to LQF/LSF/LF (whichever is decided as the cutoff point), stop doubles and play all of their pools in wave 1, then finish doubles afterward.

Why would you make them switch between doubles and pools?

How are you going to finish doubles through GF while running wave 1 pools? How many setups do you expect us to have?

For optimal play if 12 pools of 4 players are going to play each pool needs 2 TVs. If you try and play LQF>GF during wave 1 you sacrifice TVs that could be used during pools which will increase the time it will take, unless we have 25+ TVs.

By doing the doubles during wave 2 pools they can finish during the time it takes to make bracket and such, and avoid overlapping players in doubles/pools.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Holy Christ man, you put the players first. The time lost stealing 1-2 setups for doubles if necessary is negligible.

No right minded player wants to go back and forth between singles and doubles, and should not ever have to.

Edit: and he already said it wouldn't be from LQF.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
How are you going to finish doubles through GF while running wave 1 pools? How many setups do you expect us to have?

For optimal play if 12 pools of 4 players are going to play each pool needs 2 TVs. If you try and play LQF>GF during wave 1 you sacrifice TVs that could be used during pools which will increase the time it will take, unless we have 25+ TVs.

By doing the doubles during wave 2 pools they can finish during the time it takes to make bracket and such, and avoid overlapping players in doubles/pools.
I expected you to have enough TVs. I am trying to get you to understand hilt's suggestion better, and apparently hilt thinks the TVs you guys have are enough.

If you start pools during LF, then there is only one TV needed for the bracket to finish.

If you start pools during LSF, you need 2 TVs. It's easily manageable with 1 TV (IMO).

You can't find one(two) more TV(s)? You can't make one(two) pool(s) use 1 TV instead of 2?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Chi I'll let you decide how much time you lose playing doubles during wave 1 pools. But my opinion is that you'll have a way less hectic time allowing by not allowing this to happen. But let it be known losing a TV to doubles will make that pool take twice as long, just simple math.

Oh and BSL IDK if you've been following the thread but they are scrambling for enough TVs for pools. Remember that talk about 2 stock pools lmao.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Lmao no.

I had no idea. I didn't read a single post in this thread until I posted/subscribed like yesterday or whatever.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Maybe it's different in 'murica, but when people confirm a setup for our tournaments, it's there. No question.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I honestly don't care about what other players think of me at this point, I've already proven myself in this game by beating the people who **** talked me in the past. Everything is fine now, but I couldnt give two ****s about what you say excel because you always say you're going to quit the game every other week, so I know you're extremely negative and not happy with yourself in this game so I guess your negativity should be expected at this point.

It's whatever to me. This game sucks and the KY Smash community (sans Ralph, Kero and Joey) doesn't mean too much to me either. I've discovered P:M, so I'm gonna play that and P4A instead and just enjoy myself in a better game (P4A) and a more interesting game (P:M).

TL;DR
Too Long; Don't Care.

MI lolrape KY.

Also, if set-ups/space permits, could there be a P:M set-up?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So depending on circumstances on travel, I may attempt attending this.

Renegade knows.

But I also need to get a hold of Count, see if he wants to go.

I also need to wave a candy bar/meal ticket in front of Rene figure out how to convince Rene to come pick me up from Purdue and drive all the way back down to Brownsburg and pick up Hades too :x

Or maybe I can just ride the train to indy the night before LOL... I dunno.

Also, apparently Raziek is going? We should do some mock team play since we never did it when you were going to go to MLG I thought is when we were chatting it up on teams lol. I think my team mate for this is going to be Rene tho but I think it might be fun.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Kryz, Renegade, and Count. Be there....Do it! When will you see Y.b.M. again, unless you come to Texas... make it happen this weekend....

LOE1

Smash Lord
any of you pro wario's wanna do a pro dub wario team and take some names?

:wario::wario:

LOE1

Smash Lord
never said i was. i just wanna be carried by a pro wario

plus :wario::wario: is too fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom