• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So if I'm reading what Zinoto is saying, you should just remove the starter and CP distinction Chi, that way there are no CPs at all!
sounds good to me :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
I've always been in favor of full stage striking but never been given enough justification due to the previous size of stage lists.

That being said...

sigh.

JTsm

Smash Master
Multiple characters do well on those stages
Time to pick one up imo and stop complaining

You could also forfeit game 2 if you win game 1 and just play on your CP game 3. Having done it for 6 months in the past, it's a viable tournament strategy

Chi should run GH2RS imo though
It's totally uncompetitive to risk a forfeit on game 2. Hell it's uncompetitive to forfeit a game at all. Why should anybody risk a set to some jank stage?

Define "viable" when running a risk like that? Sure, you would have a good chance to pick a good CP on game 3, but I shouldn't lose a set by the first game.
:phone:

DeLux

I did it for six months straight in the MWW and I think my worst placing was the tournament I TO'd but after that no less than top 5 viable. Which is something a majority of players can't claim in terms of being viable.

I had a competitive mental edge by not giving my opponent the satisfaction of victory as well as not giving them an extra game in the set to adapt to strategies come my counter pick time.

Don't knock it before you try it

JTsm

Smash Master
I had a competitive mental edge by not giving my opponent the satisfaction of victory as well as not giving them an extra game in the set to adapt to strategies come my counter pick time.

Don't knock it before you try it
That can be said by adapting to a conservative stage list, whether you main a bad character or not. By the end of the day, you may have a variety of CPs, but you won't learn the full potential of your character if you only rely on gimmicks. I can say the same thing about adapting to items when legal.

DJ: We've only had 3 JP rule set tourneys while the APEX rule set is the majority of MI tourneys.

DeLux

That can be said by adapting to a conservative stage list, whether you main a bad character or not. By the end of the day, you may have a variety of CPs, but you won't learn the full potential of your character if you only rely on gimmicks. I can say the same thing about adapting to items when legal.

DJ: We've only had 3 JP rule set tourneys while the APEX rule set is the majority of MI tourneys.

So are you saying I should also forfeit game 2 in a conservative stage list? Or are you saying the need for picking a character that thrives on legitimate stages that are now arbitrarily banned is gone so I'm playing in a ruleset with a lower skill threshold?

Not quite certain to be honest. But to say that I wouldn't learn my full potential of my character on stage gimmicks is a fallacy. The game 1 and game 3 stages were always on my characters best stages. I didn't learn their full potential until I played on the stages that are banned on a conservative stagelist.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
player-1 did you get your ribs surgically removed so you could suck your own ****?

like damn kid do you talk about anything besides yourself

anyway.

I'm down with Kels idea.

clowsui

Smash Legend
scumbag iceclimbers.

If you're talking off Brinstar, can you just take off everything that isn't smashville? I'm not even trolling. Every game on SV.
You tell me why I should keep Brinstar.

That stage is seriously gay and is extremely polar. FD and Brinstar are not equivalent; FD and RC are. Brinstar possesses no discernible pattern (the last time I checked...Raz's thread isn't the last word on this. I don't remember who showed otherwise tho) to a hazard that completely dominates the way characters move on the stage for at least 30-40% of the match. Brinstar would reward stage control except that it follows no real pattern. And if you're going to say something like "look counterpicks are SUPPOSED to give the other player an advantage", consider that Brinstar can only be manipulated in a very loose sense by what I've presented above.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Oh ya the same wolf that got 2nd in mid tier singles while kain is getting like 13th or some ****. Mc pe>seagull easily. And also beating kismet same tournament.

Lol roller get to facts straight, try again bro

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Talking with my parents to see if I can get on a bus to Cleveland the weekend of the 20th....if classes aren't hellish and if my parents gimme the okay (despite collegeness, they make the rules), I might be in beeg's car if he goes to this.
maybe I hope
I miss smash and all my friends :C

sneakytako

Smash Lord
You tell me why I should keep Brinstar.

That stage is seriously gay and is extremely polar. FD and Brinstar are not equivalent; FD and RC are. Brinstar possesses no discernible pattern (the last time I checked...Raz's thread isn't the last word on this. I don't remember who showed otherwise tho) to a hazard that completely dominates the way characters move on the stage for at least 30-40% of the match. Brinstar would reward stage control except that it follows no real pattern. And if you're going to say something like "look counterpicks are SUPPOSED to give the other player an advantage", consider that Brinstar can only be manipulated in a very loose sense by what I've presented above.
Don't be a scrub. Brinstar's acid follows a very predictable pattern, you need to play the stage more.

And FD and RC is nowhere near equivalent. Just ask any G&W/ZSS.

And I think you mean pelvis TKO. His skinny chest isn't the thing that get's in the way of bending over.

Also Zinoto l2p on RC, it's one of your best CP stages lol.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Also Zinoto l2p on RC, it's one of your best CP stages lol.
Oh, you misunderstood, I love that stage. RC is fine, it's Brinstar that's completely terrible.

Also, P1 is bad. GA is free. :wolf:is terrible. MJG is gonna get bodied. Kain is basura :yeahboi:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Look on our PR. Tell me Kismet beats #1.
state=/=region, was referring to kismet beating MJG.

Zinoto is too busy losing to ROB for me to pay much attention to him

Oh, you misunderstood, I love that stage. RC is fine, it's Brinstar that's completely terrible.

Also, P1 is bad. GA is free. :wolf:is terrible. MJG is gonna get bodied. Kain is basura :yeahboi:
lose to kain more :)

M@v

Subarashii!
P-1 Zinoto would completely body you. Just an fyi.

@ lokii. Whenever you have those done, I just can get mine off you whenever we hang out/play smash next. I forget if there even was a section for this on there, but if its not done yet, make the main falco. I'm pretty sure I didn't specify a main though, I don't really remember xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom