• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Eh, I might as well quit being neutral and pick sides, lol.

Totally support:
Pichu-yes please
Ridley-YES please
Sukapon-want
Lyn-meh
Issac-WANTZ
Tails-nah
Andy/Sami-meh

Maybe:
Samurai Goroh-meh
Dixie-please yes
Black Shadow-as long as ganondorf gets re tooled
Knucles-nah
Shadow-NAH
Everyone else
My opinionz

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
After seeing a waluigi hack (can't find the link) I actually genuinely want waluigi. Not for ssb4 (never in a official smash. NEVER) but for PM (and yes, even if he's is hated)
EDITZ: Link to the WAAA http://youtu.be/_qHiylpW5ck
The problem with Waluigi, is although he is likely not going to show up for Smash 4, he is definitely not "all-star" material.

There are plenty of all-stars left to choose from that Sakurai may not pick for Smash 4.

Also, there is a lot of tight space:
- Isaac
- DK newcomer (Dixie Kong or K. Rool)
- Metroid newcomer (hopefully Ridley)

Those three you could have most people agree on.

However, we could easily get someone like Lyn/Goroh, and then the spot is down to one more.

You have people wanting an Advance Wars character, Black Shadow (with Ganondorf getting his own moveset), and Pichu as the next most vocal choices, with well-intentioned reasons behind them all (Famicom Wars is probably the most important Nintendo franchise outside of Punch-Out without a playable character yet and likely won't get one in Smash 4; people wanted a non-clone Ganondorf since Melee's release; Pichu is the only Melee veteran that has not been placed in or had his best attributes absorbed by another Project M character).

I think on Ganondorf, I rather wait to see what Sakurai does with him in Smash 4. Sakurai has overhauled Bowser in Smash 4, so he may do it with Ganondorf, but who knows.

Compared to all three of those possibilities, Waluigi seems to be the least worthy. He does not represent a franchise that has been going on since 1988 and over five installments like an Advance Wars character would. He is not the main antagonist of his franchise like Black Shadow is. He is also not a Melee veteran.

I do think its for best to for the Project M team to hold off finalising all of the newcomer spots immediately for various reasons (some of which I have already stated before).

The best character for them to start work on first is probably Isaac. He is incredibly popular, represents a new franchise to Smash Bros., and probably won't be in Smash 4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Reposting this since, it may end up being ignored due to being the last post on the previous page.

After seeing a waluigi hack (can't find the link) I actually genuinely want waluigi. Not for ssb4 (never in a official smash. NEVER) but for PM (and yes, even if he's is hated)
EDITZ: Link to the WAAA http://youtu.be/_qHiylpW5ck
The problem with Waluigi, is although he is likely not going to show up for Smash 4, he is definitely not "all-star" material.

There are plenty of all-stars left to choose from that Sakurai may not pick for Smash 4.

Also, there is a lot of tight space:
- Isaac
- DK newcomer (Dixie Kong or K. Rool)
- Metroid newcomer (hopefully Ridley)

Those three you could have most people agree on.

However, we could easily get someone like Lyn/Goroh, and then the spot is down to one more.

You have people wanting an Advance Wars character, Black Shadow (with Ganondorf getting his own moveset), and Pichu as the next most vocal choices, with well-intentioned reasons behind them all (Famicom Wars is probably the most important Nintendo franchise outside of Punch-Out without a playable character yet and likely won't get one in Smash 4; people wanted a non-clone Ganondorf since Melee's release; Pichu is the only Melee veteran that has not been placed in or had his best attributes absorbed by another Project M character).

I think on Ganondorf, I rather wait to see what Sakurai does with him in Smash 4. Sakurai has overhauled Bowser in Smash 4, so he may do it with Ganondorf, but who knows.

Compared to all three of those possibilities, Waluigi seems to be the least worthy. He does not represent a franchise that has been going on since 1988 and over five installments like an Advance Wars character would. He is not the main antagonist of his franchise like Black Shadow is. He is also not a Melee veteran.

I do think its for best to for the Project M team to hold off finalising all of the newcomer spots immediately for various reasons (some of which I have already stated before).

The best character for them to start work on first is probably Isaac. He is incredibly popular, represents a new franchise to Smash Bros., and probably won't be in Smash 4.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I still don't see how Goroh could hurt Lyn or the other way around.

If Goroh was based off the Captain Falcon template, but with sword-based specials (aka, same specials, but with a sword hitbox)
and Lyn has a moveset based on swords, with stuff like Bows and Arrows for a special...

Then it's not like those swords clash with each other much.

--

I JUST came out of playing a bit F-Zero GX, and judging from Samurai Goroh's selection-pose, the dude knows SUMO wrestling. :p
That means palm strikes, palm thrusts, grappling, tossing... and if we take E.Honde from SFII as an example, he can also kick, dive, and body slam.
So basically... Samurai Goroh knows japanese martial arts outside sword swinging.

I think a more direct competition to Lyn would be someone with a franchise of equal number of characters... Krystal.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
All righty then.

Support:
-Ridley (if he's not in Smash 4)
-Dark Samus (if we can't have Ridley)
-Dixie (if she's not in Smash 4)
-King K. Rool (Dixie's more important though)
-Isaac
-Black Shadow (if he gets Ganon's moveset and Ganon becomes, well, actual Ganon)

Neutral:
-Sukapon (I just don't know anything about him)
-Andy/Sami (again, I know nothing about them)
-Samurai Goroh
-Pichu (the low end of neutral; it'd be okay to have him but I'd prefer not)

Don't Want:
-Another Sonic character
-Krystal
-Waluigi
-Lyn (if we get another Fire Emblem character, I'd prefer some diversity in weapons)

Only I seem to support:
-Paper Mario

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My personal choice for a F-Zero newcomer is Pico as a Snake clone (which would make sense). Personally, Pico is my favorite F-Zero character, so I admit I am biased.

Smash Apprentice
Only I seem to support:
-Paper Mario
I'm with you on this. Paper Mario has starred in enough important games and could have a really interesting moveset. Really, the 4 or 5 Mario characters is pretty small compared to Pokemon with 8, but I don't think enough people feel this way to warrant the work that it would take to put him in.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm with you on this. Paper Mario has starred in enough important games and could have a really interesting moveset. Really, the 4 or 5 Mario characters is pretty small compared to Pokemon with 8, but I don't think enough people feel this way to warrant the work that it would take to put him in.
I'd rather have Paper Mario than Bowser Jr., honestly. He could have a really great moveset!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I like Paper Mario myself (only Mario newcomer I like more is Toad). However, I think he might be tricky. They would have to make unique 2D frames for him, as opposed to manipulating a 3D model.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I like Paper Mario myself (only Mario newcomer I like more is Toad). However, I think he might be tricky. They would have to make unique 2D frames for him, as opposed to manipulating a 3D model.
Oh right, Toad. Yeah, don't like him either. >_<

Anyway, they could start with Game and Watch as a base for that.

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have Paper Mario than Bowser Jr., honestly. He could have a really great moveset!
I think they'd both have great movesets. It's a shame they're from the same series or I'd want them both in, but I just can't justify two Mario newcomers.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think they'd both have great movesets. It's a shame they're from the same series or I'd want them both in, but I just can't justify two Mario newcomers.
Yeah, you're not wrong about Bowser Jr. I s'pose technically Paper Mario can represent his own series though!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr. are all worthy choices for a Mario newcomer. The only two that don't really fit the definition of All-Star that get requests are Waluigi and Geno (though the latter does not even qualify for Project M).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only two newcomer characters that have a probable shot at getting in that I personally support are Ridley and Dixie Kong. At this point, every other character I have ever wanted in Smash Bros. has already gotten in.

Characters like Isaac and Advance Wars rep are not so much that I personally support, but rather I think they represent series that deserve a playable spot, and the whole principle behind Smash Bros. as a gathering of Nintendo's history and franchises.

Smash Apprentice
At the end of the day, I think I'll be happy with anyone the PMBR chooses. It's just exciting to even have new characters as a possibility. That being said, I think Roy and Mewtwo are all we'll get it 3.0.

shadow0x0cloud

Smash Apprentice
I would really really like a golden sun rep hopefully Issac and Jenna. Hopefully they can use their imagination and use psynergy to add some trap characters in the game.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Well Toon Link wasnt bad in brawl, he could have back his pogo Dair and those things but Project M tweaked obviously, and return Young Links properties with some new stuff, for me that could make him interesting.

Neptune Shiranui

Shadow Streak~
NNID
Darky_Shiranui
Isaac would be nice but what about Palutena? I'd think she'd be pretty unique she can fight using her wolf blades or staff, not to mention her final smash could be that giant laser she uses on the hewdraw.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well Toon Link wasnt bad in brawl, he could have back his pogo Dair and those things but Project M tweaked obviously, and return Young Links properties with some new stuff, for me that could make him interesting.
If they ported Toon Link's P:M moveset onto Young Link, and then gave Toon Link some Wind Waker moves, I could accept it.

Alternatively, if they added Young Link back in with moves from Majora's Mask, I could accept that too.

But if we're going to add another Zelda character, it should be someone who's not a third Link. Tetra, perhaps.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
If they ported Toon Link's P:M moveset onto Young Link, and then gave Toon Link some Wind Waker moves, I could accept it.

Alternatively, if they added Young Link back in with moves from Majora's Mask, I could accept that too.

But if we're going to add another Zelda character, it should be someone who's not a third Link. Tetra, perhaps.
Of course, i would like to see Toon Link with more Wind Waker moves, and Young Link with things from Oot/MM.
Im not sure about Tetra, though.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Of course, i would like to see Toon Link with more Wind Waker moves, and Young Link with things from Oot/MM.
Im not sure about Tetra, though.
Eh, I'd rather her than another Link or Tingle. *rolls my eyes* She's not high on my priorities list though. If we were gonna add a Zelda character, she'd be my vote, but I don't think she should be in over characters like Ridley or Dixie.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Isaac would be nice but what about Palutena? I'd think she'd be pretty unique she can fight using her wolf blades or staff, not to mention her final smash could be that giant laser she uses on the hewdraw.
I imagine Palutena will have some kind of representation in SBB4, since Sakurai is biased towards his own franchise. I mean look at the SSB4 Dojo, guess what character was added to the roster list first.

Was it Mario? No. Was it Donkey Kong or Link? No, it was Pit. So I wouldn't risk adding Palutena just in case she shows up, and there is a good chance she will, in SSB4.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Will here's who I'd like to see

I feel since we already have so many Pokemon, Mario or Zelda characters that I think a smart move would to be to add more characters from franchises that feel pretty empty in comparison

Black Shadow or Deathborn with Ganondorf's moveset with Ganon getting a more OOT or TP based one (maybe make it so Ganon uses his sword for smash attacks and some tilts well using magic with his b moves)

maybe have another Kid Icarus Representative like Palutena or Medusa (Mostly them due to the fact I feel Smash needs more Females in it, and I think they could possibly have some pretty cool movesets)

have Ridley in and make him slightly taller then Bowse, well being really hunched over (so he still looks as big as he his in the games but still seem small enough to fit in with the rest of the cast) and making him a character with fast movement and strong attacks to compensate for his size but having little to no super armor

either King K Rool or Dixie Kong (I Don't like Counting Donkey Kong Characters as Mario Characters because <.< >.> idk) I'm mostly for K. Rool because I think it would awesome to play as him and also against him

Isaac from Golden Sun (mostly due to peer pressure lol, but seriously I think he could have a really neat moveset)

also despite how cool it would be to have greyfox or Raidan from MGS in the game, I don't feel the need to add anymore third party characters from Sonic or Metal Gear, Instead I'd like Simon Belmont with a Super Castlevania 4 moveset (his tilts or smash attacks could be his whip, his A combo could be him spinning his whip, his up-b can be like Zss, side-b can be throwing like three daggers forward, Down-b can be him throwing a axe on a upward angle, and his neutral-b could be holywater)

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Basically any characters added after Roy and Mewtwo are just bonuses, as those two are the only two characters I felt needed to be added to Project M

If I get the likes of Saki, Issac, or even Lyn or Sami, I'd be incredibly happy with the character choices, even if they ended up being semi-clones.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My personal choice for a F-Zero newcomer is Pico as a Snake clone (which would make sense). Personally, Pico is my favorite F-Zero character, so I admit I am biased.

My favorite F-Zero character would be Zoda. But mainly because he's named after the villain of StarTropics, not to mention, like the source material, he too is a purple alien.

But he's just Black Shadow's lackey, so there's no way anyone else likes him. XD Unless they like him for his Joker-like personality.

Basically any characters added after Roy and Mewtwo are just bonuses, as those two are the only two characters I felt needed to be added to Project M

If I get the likes of Saki, Issac, or even Lyn or Sami, I'd be incredibly happy with the character choices, even if they ended up being semi-clones.

I share this sentiment as well. :D
And I'm really excited about that supposed Winter release.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Right now, I really hope that Black Shadow/Ganon is on the PMBR's minds. If that was the last thing added to the game, I'd be ecstatic and very pleased with the final outcome. There are obviously some other characters I'd love to see too, but whether or not they make it in wont cause me any stress.
Ganondorf needs his own move set, and I really hope that is going to happen.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh another thing that just popped into my head...

If they've already confirmed 2 clone engine characters, they must have something interesting in store for the future. I would have figured they would finish off all of the original brawl characters before releasing clone engine characters. So it wouldn't make sense for them to stop there.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Oh another thing that just popped into my head...

If they've already confirmed 2 clone engine characters, they must have something interesting in store for the future. I would have figured they would finish off all of the original brawl characters before releasing clone engine characters. So it wouldn't make sense for them to stop there.
I assume they have finished the rest of the Brawl characters, and that's why they're already releasing these two.

Honestly, I'm gonna be annoyed if we get new character before I get to play Samus again.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I imagine Palutena will have some kind of representation in SBB4, since Sakurai is biased towards his own franchise. I mean look at the SSB4 Dojo, guess what character was added to the roster list first.

Was it Mario? No. Was it Donkey Kong or Link? No, it was Pit. So I wouldn't risk adding Palutena just in case she shows up, and there is a good chance she will, in SSB4.
I thought they were all added at once?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I assume they have finished the rest of the Brawl characters, and that's why they're already releasing these two.

Honestly, I'm gonna be annoyed if we get new character before I get to play Samus again.
I remember someone from the PMBR saying that people don't realize just how much of a pain the characters that haven't been released yet are to code.

I can see Samus' bombs, Yoshi's eggs, Kirby's character hats, and Olimar's Pikmin being a real pain in particular...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I remember someone from the PMBR saying that people don't realize just how much of a pain the characters that haven't been released yet are to code.

I can see Samus' bombs, Yoshi's eggs, Kirby's character hats, and Olimar's Pikmin being a real pain in particular...
But putting over a thousand hours into new characters before finishing the original roster? :ohwell:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Turbo Tuesday MewTwo was good but i'm almost certain that ganondorf received waaay more votes than mewtwo as cool as he was. The past week has been nonstop ganon turbo Tuesday requests yet they release mewtwo instead. Seems to me like they may be planning something with ganon like oh idk a reworking in his moveset. But then again I could just be overspeculating.
of course they did Turbo Mewtwo, are you insane? Why wouldn't they? They just released him, and people want to see as much of the character as they can. It's not a coincidence that Roy came out, and the following week resulted in Turbo Roy, then Mewtwo came out, and what followed was Turbo Mewtwo.

I'm sure they try to stick to requests when they can, but newly added characters are probably always going to be a priority. Just chill dudes, they release one every week!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Some tasks are less troublesome than others
Yeah, but we're talking about creating and implementing a whole new character here. Two, in fact. I find it difficult to believe that anything Samus or Yoshi can throw at them is tougher than that. Maybe Olimar and the ICs, and I understand Kirby with adding new abilities and hats, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom