• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer

The devs are not taking requests for new characters, but we can talk about the Clone Engine itself, its limitations, what characters you think will likely be added in future updates, what characters you wish will be but probably never will, and really anything else related to the Engine.

Read about the clone engine here.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Personally, I think some franchises are over-represented. As much as I would absolutely love to see Skull Kid wearing Majora's Mask as a new character, or a Young Link that puts on the 3 transformation masks, I think we have enough from the Zelda franchise. I think we also have enough from the Pokemon universe (especially considering Mewtwo is almost certainly going to be added). Basically I want new franchises.

So I've got 3 characters I would really love to see be added to Project M:

Megaman

He's already gonna be in Smash 4, he's super hype, and he's awesome. The moveset possibilities are great; taking powers from all the games he's been in and stealing moves from Smash 4.​

Isaac (from Golden Sun)

I love Golden Sun. Isaac has a sword and has Psynergy. Awesome. Lot's of material to draw from to create a moveset, just like Megaman. People have been hoping for this one for years. We also have the Assist Trophy available for the model and some animations, if that's a thing that's possible to take from.​

Someone from Castlevania

I don't really care which character. Peronally I really like Soma Cruz from Aria of Sorrow or Alucard from Symphony of the Night. Whip weapon is currently under-represented in Smash. Lot's of powers to choose from for a moveset (are we seeing a pattern here?). Caslevania is very popular. We already have a stage!​

Rikana

Smash Champion
Cloud Strife, Shadow, and Naruto.

Possibly Curious George as well.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo, knuckles, hawk or Sami/Max/Sturm(from advanced wars only because you required 3, and I have always wanted to see one in a smash game tbh.)

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, just Roy and Mewtwo. Adding any other characters save for the ones that were in Melee is going into real cease and desist territory from Nintendo or the company who owns the rights to the character.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I think I'll be happy with Roy and, eventually, Mewtwo. Because Melee had them, so why not?

If I had to pick another one, though, it'd be Knuckles. I'm not joking. He could be a bit slower and heavier than Sonic, and yet his stone fists could make his combo game pack an extra punch or seven-hundred seventy seven.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They should add Strong Bad as a playable character! And Trogdor!

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Character's that I would like for fun would be.

The White Bomber, Bomberman Blasts his way into Battle!

I think Bomberman should be in because I think he would be a great addition to Project M. If done right, he could be a strategic or offensive fighter with his bombs. He can also have different type of Bombs depending on the special move.

Too Bad!!! Waluigi Time!

Waluigi could be a great character. He can be the wacky Mario representative. He can either be a Mario / Luigi clone, or his own character all together using various Mario sports games and such as his fighting inspiration.

Whoa! Help me! Slippy Toad Slips into Battle!

Okay, in all honesty I think Slippy should be a character. He can be either the technical (as in using gadgets) or the joke character with great combo-potential of the Star Fox characters. Slippy seems like he could be the most fun Star Fox character if they really tried.

Of all the 3 characters I listed, I would want Bomberman the most. I love Bomberman! :)

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
I say they be liberal with the use and only add roy+another character.

Kalas,Shulk, and someone else.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo, Isaac and IF POSSIBLE, King K.Rool. Otherwise, I'd take Impa from Skyward Sword, or Dixie Kong.

But Mewtwo, really, should go without saying.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I think to avoid any copyright issues they'll have to use content that already is in game. So that narrows it down to assist trophies and possibly actual trophies. So as a point of reference here's what they could use (that could actually be characters, I'm not counting red shell or bumper)

Assist Trophes:

Barbara, Devil, Dr Wright, Grey Fox, Hammer Bro, Isaac, Jill, Jeff, Kat+Ana, Knuckle Joe, Lakitu, Little Mac, Lyn, Ray Mk III, Samurai Goroh, Saki Amamiya, Shadow the Hedgehog, Stafy, Tingle, Waluigi.

Trophies :

Sandbag, Daisy, Toad, Bowser JR, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Lanky Kong, Trixie Kong, Kranky Kong, King K. Rool, Wolf Link + Midna, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Ridley, Waddle Dee, Slippy, Peppy, Krystal, Pokemon Trainer, A whole assload of pokemon, Porky, Palutena, Louie, Villager, Tom Nook, K.K. Slider, Mr Resetti, Elite Beat Agents, Tails, Robotnik, Knuckles

(note that is not all the trophies but the ones I thought were popular enough to make not of).

So personally I think Assist trophies are far more likely to get into the game then the regular trophies but at least if they're interested in say, the villager, its already in the game to put in without (too much?) legal issue.

I think if the PMBR wanted to make a splash with the clone engine they should put in some really popular characters to make people notice. So I think that Shadow the Hedgehog, Waluigi, and Mewtwo would be good choices to get some casual people to notice.

That being said I'd love to see (on this list) Isaac, Jeff, Little Mac, Tingle, waluigi, sandbag, toad, Dixie kong, King k rool, and Villager.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have a bit of a community vote on it?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Megaman: A character who's smash invite has been long overdue. Many games and attacks, move set combinations are endless
Shadow: One of the few sonic characters who could be referred to as "cool" Sonics in it, so why can't he?
Sly Cooper: A master thief raccoon Wielding a golden cane. It's at the length where it isn't as long as marth's sword but it is still longer than Toon links. His clever grabs and attacks from his games would create an interesting character. Plus he's a total badass, what could be cooler than a master thief racoon?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I updated the OP to be totally clear about this: this is for pure wish-list stuff, don't worry about the practicality or legal stuff. :p

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
With the Castlevania stage and logo I'd say Simon Belmont done NES style. Just don't do stupid characters like Waluigi and Daisy. Smash is an all-star game!

Paradoxium

Smash Master
With the Castlevania stage and logo I'd say Simon Belmont done NES style. Just don't do stupid characters like Waluigi and Daisy. Smash is an all-star game!
I agree, daisy and waluigi are to distant in the Mario franchise to be in smash, they are not that important.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Guys I hate to break it to you, but Megaman is 100% not going to be in this game. Think of the legal issues (they removed Ballad of the Goddess out of fear of this)

While we're at it neither will any Castlevania characters.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys I hate to break it to you, but Megaman is 100% not going to be in this game. Think of the legal issues (they removed Ballad of the Goddess out of fear of this)

While we're at it neither will any Castlevania characters.
Read the OP

Think of this as a topic to help clean up the Roy topic discussion (which has a lot of character suggestions right now), and as just a fun little thing to say what characters you wish could be in PM. Also riding the hype of the clone engine being a real thing :crazy:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Read the OP

Think of this as a topic to help clean up the Roy topic discussion (which has a lot of character suggestions right now), and as just a fun little thing to say what characters you wish could be in PM. Also riding the hype of the clone engine being a real thing :crazy:

I did my good sir, but a wishlist thread that includes characters that aren't already present in Brawl seems more productive for a general brawl modding forum rather than P:M. Maybe it might help the PMBR if we could come to some sort of consensus on which characters the fanbase wants in the game.

That being said I'm sure they have their own ideas. (if Mewtwo doesn't eventually show up I'll eat my hat)

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did my good sir, but a wishlist thread that includes characters that aren't already present in Brawl seems more productive for a general brawl modding forum rather than P:M. Maybe it might help the PMBR if we could come to some sort of consensus on which characters the fanbase wants in the game.

That being said I'm sure they have their own ideas. (if Mewtwo doesn't eventually show up I'll eat my hat)
They're not taking requests, so there'd really be no point in trying to make a suggestion thread. One just got closed.

I made this in the hopes that people would just talk about how awesome X-character would be. Unfortunately most people are just listing 1 - 3 characters without saying why :(

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
Threads like these are completely futile when it's simply obvious what the most anticipated and asked by billions and Billions of fans character is, a character that everyone has a place in their hearts for, the inspiring, unique and timeless...

Wii-Fit trainer.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I'm gonna try to be realistic here.

1. Mewtwo - Only non-clone melee character to not make it into Brawl, so he's pretty much a given. Please update his crappy moveset so that he plays like a Mewtwo instead of a Rattata.

2. Mega Man - Copyright blablabla. But if that's not a problem, then definitely.

3. Black Shadow (F-Zero) - Captain Falcon's archnemesis, a decent enough reason for him to be in (Samurai Goroh is an alternative, although he would probably need a sword). Aside from that, why Black Shadow? So he can completely take over Ganondorf's moveset, fit it perfectly... and let the team come up with something completely new and actually ZELDA-like for Ganondorf (MAGIC, swords, etc.). The melee Ganondorf was a total cop-out, and Brawl just continued that.

Wild card: Skapon (Joy Mech Fight) - Always wanted him in. :(

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
something that, in theory, could be a bit more reasonable is any model being used for assist trophy/SSE boss

though it might be a bit weird to go into boss rush and have a gigantic ridley fight a tiny ridley

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
3. Black Shadow (F-Zero) - Captain Falcon's archnemesis, a decent enough reason for him to be in (Samurai Goroh is an alternative, although he would probably need a sword). Aside from that, why Black Shadow? So he can completely take over Ganondorf's moveset, fit it perfectly... and let the team come up with something completely new and actually ZELDA-like for Ganondorf (MAGIC, swords, etc.). The melee Ganondorf was a total cop-out, and Brawl just continued that.
I like that idea, I used to say that to my friends as well about Black Shadow being a character, not just to inherit Ganondorf's moveset, but because he is Captain Falcon's villain.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Pure wishlist, eh? *grins*

1. Mewtwo - One of the most awesome pokemon known for being the first "Uber". What better place for him to show how strong he really is than in PM?

2. King K. Rool - Iconic and a very crafty opponent, DKC and DK64 has shown how he loves to catch his opponents by surprises like a flying crown, rocket-powered boxing gloves and even a fake credits roll. I'd love to see this heavyweight who gave DK a run for his money.

3. Bowser Jr. - On constant request by my wife, I'll mention him too. He's a small, fast target, and can use paint to keep his opponents on (or off) their toes. Er, also he's cute >>

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Mr. Rogers
Jesus Christ
Ice Climberses (It's like the Ice Climbers, but there's three of them. Nana, Popo, and Hehe.)
Black Ranger
Mr. T
Robocop
Doc from Back To The Future
Dinosaurs
Bigger dinosaurs
Krillin
Pinkie Pie
Walt Whitmen from Breaking Bad
Barbie
The old guy from the Six Flags commercials
Genie from Aladdin
Mark Zuckerburg
A cheeseburger
The HowToBasic guy

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Mewtwo and no one else.

That's not "I don't care about the other two", it's "I'd want Mewtwo to be the only added character."

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I just want it to stick to Roy and Mewtwo. Adding new characters that aren't old Melee vets takes away from the professionalism that Project M tries so hard to strive for imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom