• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Misc. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Here's my take on the last 5 slots:
Overwhelmingly positive (in order of popularity):
-Ridley (or Dark Samus as backup)
-Isaac
-Black Shadow & Ganondorf
-Skapon
Mixed support (somewhat controversial. 40-60% support)
-Dixie Kong
-Lyn
-Andy or Sami
-Krystal
Unforable support (highly controversial)
-Pichu
-Any Sonic character
I'm basically opposite of your list order. Pichu 9/10 and Sonic character(s) 10/10. Lyn, Sami, and Krystal 6/10. Everyone else is 1/10 or 0/10. Dixie and Ridley are iffy.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Are you talking about their apparent size, or their animations, hit boxes, etc?
If it's the latter, look at Doc. You honestly think they'll make a possible Young Link smaller than Toon Link to better represent his Melee counterpart like they did with making Bowser larger?
Toon Link's head is massive. His legs are tiny, his sword is big, and his face is very expressive and cartoony.

Young Link, on the other hand, has a normal head, normal legs, a small sword, and a less expressive and more realistic face.

The proportions are all out of whack. They won't work over each other at all.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Back to reality.

Yeah, I support Pichu if this game is to be Melee 2.0 in a way. Alternate colors could be Plusle and Minum (though I'm sure they'll keep goggles and the green accessory).

But really, from now on, anything would surprise me so it's a welcome addition in my book. I will ALWAYS prefer New IPs.

Also, Having Ridley and Samurai Goroh would make a LOT of sense to me as a homage to Melee's intro and the people that were let down finding out that neither was playable.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Back to reality.
Also, Having Ridley and Samurai Goroh would make a LOT of sense to me as a homage to Melee's intro and the people that were let down finding out that neither was playable.
This is actually a really great point. *wants Ridley and Goroh even more now*

In retrospect, the Melee intro was so freaking legit. So many cool cameos, such as Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Wolf, and even the Runaway Five from Earthbound (well, Lucky and Gorgeous at least).

That scene with the Pokemon alone featured Weepinbell, Furret, Marill, Charizard, Unown, Weezing, Snorlax, Pichu, Oddish, Natu, Clefairy, Sudowoodo, Eggexecute, Machop, Onix, Bellosom, Staryu, Geodude, Gliscor, Krabby, Chikorita, Goldeen, Drowzee, Elekid, Scizor, Pinsir, Abra, Lickitung, Heracross, Venasaur, Chansey, Eevee, Wooper, Wobbuffet, and many others.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
This is actually a really great point. *wants Ridley and Goroh even more now*

In retrospect, the Melee intro was so freaking legit. So many cool cameos, such as Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Wolf, and even the Runaway Five from Earthbound (well, Lucky and Gorgeous at least).

That scene with the Pokemon alone featured Weepinbell, Furret, Marill, Charizard, Unown, Weezing, Snorlax, Pichu, Oddish, Natu, Clefairy, Sudowoodo, Eggexecute, Machop, Onix, Bellosom, Staryu, Geodude, Gliscor, Krabby, Chikorita, Goldeen, Drowzee, Elekid, Scizor, Pinsir, Abra, Lickitung, Heracross, Venasaur, Chansey, Eevee, Wooper, Wobbuffet, and many others.
Why not add 'em all, cause Melee.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Goroh might make a good choice for a character spot, but I have a feeling that Lyn is going to be our katana-user for Project M. However, I guess they could make Goroh a clone of Lyn.

Definitely agree on Ridley though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Why not add 'em all, cause Melee.
I'm sure not a lot of people wanted to play as Exeggcute, but for what it's worth, a lot of those Pokemon were pokeball items. XD

But yeah, that Melee intro was awesome. I watch it thoroughly everytime I boot up Melee. Brawl's intro was... meh.. 99% Subspace Emmisary material.

However yeah. Goroh and Ridley are, at the very least, two characters that should be heavily considered.

I picture Goroh using the katana mixed with sudden boost moves (kinda like a Captain Falcon with a katana).

And by the love of god... Goroh should have THIS move just for the mere awesome factor.

A super lightning-quick katana thrust attack. (Could be a clone of Ike's Side+B, but instead of a slashing finish, it ends like Marth's old Vanilla Neutral B)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Im not sure why there's as much Pichu support as im seeing.. There are a crap load of pokemon at this point (all of which are amazing) and pichu was never good. Hes really not necessary.

On another topic.. Something ive been wanting for a while is lucarios aura sphere to shoot downward at an angle when hes in the air. I believe in a post at some point when i brought this up someone from the PMBR said this was something they were thinking about but decided against (i could be wrong). Im wondering if now that mewtwo is in, if they would add this to lucario to alter his aura sphere mechanics even further from mewtwos shadow ball.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The other thing I could see whining about Goroh (assuming Lyn is added in first), is "too many sword characters".

However, other than that Goroh would be a good choice. However, voices will be a problem for him (though that is going to be a problem for many characters).

So:
- Ridley
- Isaac
- Lyn
- Dixie Kong
- ????

Agree/Disagree?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Speaking of voices, how do they handle voices in P:M? Using data already inside Brawl?

If they could add Mewtwo's Game Boy sound, I don't see why adding Goroh's voice from any other F-Zero (he has to have a cutscene in F-Zero GX for example) or if legal issues are the main concern, they could always recreate grunts and yells. Or do low-pitch versiono f Captain Falcon like how Luigi was just a higher pitch Mario.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Speaking of voices, how do they handle voices in P:M? Using data already inside Brawl?

If they could add Mewtwo's Game Boy sound, I don't see why adding Goroh's voice from any other F-Zero (he has to have a cutscene in F-Zero GX for example) or if legal issues are the main concern, they could always recreate grunts and yells. Or do low-pitch versiono f Captain Falcon like how Luigi was just a higher pitch Mario.
I think for Mario characters, Sonic characters, and Dixie Kong they can just import voices from the Mario/Sonic/DK games. Another option for Dixie Kong, is alter Diddy's voice effects to make them higher pitched. Dixie Kong was also in three Mario spinoffs (Superstar Baseball, Super Sluggers, and Hoops), so there may be voice effects there.

For Ridley, he doesn't really need a voice (he just roars), and he has plenty of roar sound effects already in Brawl.

As for characters like Lyn and Isaac, they will need to be get VERY creative there. Their Brawl voices are definitely not satisfactory. Maybe import voices from other games/anime? Or get a fan to voice them?

For F-Zero characters, I guess they might be able to import voices from the anime, but that would be tricky.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Oh another thought I just had regarding ganondorf...

How about Demise?
He could be clone - ish but also changed a great deal.

EDIT: Wait I forgot, demise doesn't show up in brawl in any way. Never mind my bad!
Demise? I thought we already agreed that the only good part of that game was Groose

I think I'd put Tabuu before this guy..
Nobody really liked Tabuu and like stated Primid already has a lot of animations.

so the list is
1. Groose
2. Duster
3. Primid
4. A Metroid hunter
5. Mecha-Porky

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I would switch these around. About the worst thing I have heard anyone say about Dixie Kong is that she might end up playable in Smash 4, while there have been plenty of people complaining not to replace Captain Ganondorf.
I've seen a lot more people on this topic want Black Shadow / Ganondorf than not. Dixie hasn't had many anti comments, but her response has been more mixed and more lukewarm.

You also keep mentioning Lyn in your top lists and talk in assumption that she's gonna be in practically like Mewtwo, but she's been just as controversial. I'm not sure how you think she's absolutely going to be in. There's been no sign of that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I've seen a lot more people on this topic want Black Shadow / Ganondorf than not. Dixie hasn't had many anti comments, but her response has been more mixed and more lukewarm.
Dixie Kong has had barely any anti-comments. As I said the worst people say about her is "what if she shows up in Smash 4?". She is pretty common and praised.

While there is a lot of people that like the idea of Black Shadow and Ganondorf getting his own moveset, there is a lot of people who are attached to Captain Ganondorf as well.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
Ridley is just too big for smash. Downscaling him isn't an option here. Even if we brought him down to bowser's size, it would look awful.
Lyn is a cool idea, but "Too many sword characters" is a very possible thing with Roy in here. Hopefully the alt. costume feature will support modding so we can add her over Marth.
I don't see the appeal of Dixie Kong. I feel as if she would be a clone of Diddy Kong in the same way Dr.Mario was a clone of mario.
Samurai Goroh... more F-Zero would be nice, but I feel like "Too many sword characters" kicks in.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ridley is just too big for smash. Downscaling him isn't an option here. Even if we brought him down to bowser's size, it would look awful.
He has already been downsized in Smash Bros. before (along with many, many other characters). Look at the Melee intro.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm iffy on Lyn. We already have three reps from Fire Emblem, is there any need for more than that? I'd max most series out at three reps, except for the ones that already have more, since there's nothing we can do about that. Don't want to over-saturate certain series and ignore others.

Metroid has two reps. (Technically they're the same person, but they fight completely differently so, eh.) Either Ridley or Dark Samus would probably fit best.

Donkey Kong has two reps, and Dixie would fit the trio best in my opinion. It never hurts to add another female character either. I guess K. Rool would be neat, but I like Dixie more, myself.

I like the idea of putting someone from Golden Sun in the game, I don't envy the amount of work that that would require though.

As unlikely as he is, I still like the idea of Knuckles. I think he'd fit well in with the rest of the cast and he had potential to be unique without needing to be a 1:1 clone of Sonic.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just made up my mind about the characters I'd like to see added.

-Pichu: Because no Melee roster is complete without that little troll. In good hands, he can be a beast too, besides Mewtwo wasn't THAT far above Pichu in the tier list, so being too good or too bad isn't a good argument.

-Samurai Goroh: Because of the unquenched hype generated by Melee's intro, and because Captain Falcon needs his rival. If we're going to have new characters for underrepresented franchises, I believe F-Zero could use another character.

-Ridley: Like Goroh, the Melee intro gave us a small hint of how it would be like to have him playable. A lot of people always refer to THIS particular scene in favor of Ridley's resizing possibilities, so why not pay homage to that and show all the naysayers he could work?

-Sukapon: If anything, due to Sakurai wanting this character in Melee (or so the rumors go) but couldn't program him in the end. And also, because it would be a nice change of pace to have a NEW face in the roster, from an unrepresented franchise. Plus, since he's from a fighting game that MAY play against him in SSB4 so he's probably not going to show up there anyway.

I also support: Dixie, Andy, Knuckles, and Isaac. But I'd love to see the ones that were one way or another "meant" for Melee before anyone else.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Turbo Tuesday MewTwo was good but i'm almost certain that ganondorf received waaay more votes than mewtwo as cool as he was. The past week has been nonstop ganon turbo Tuesday requests yet they release mewtwo instead. Seems to me like they may be planning something with ganon like oh idk a reworking in his moveset. But then again I could just be overspeculating.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am still extremely hyped that they brought back Mewtwo and Roy. Those were among my favorite characters in Melee, and they really overhauled them for the better.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Lyn is a cool idea, but "Too many sword characters" is a very possible thing with Roy in here. Hopefully the alt. costume feature will support modding so we can add her over Marth.
Lyn is far too different than marth and that would just seem unprofessional to add her as an alternate costume.
I believe someone mentioned lyn has a bow as well so maybe she could be more like link.

I don't see the appeal of Dixie Kong. I feel as if she would be a clone of Diddy Kong in the same way Dr.Mario was a clone of mario.
Samurai Goroh... more F-Zero would be nice, but I feel like "Too many sword characters" kicks in.
Dixie is different enough from diddy where she is very possible. the issue is if sakurai decides to add her then the PMBR's hands are tied.

I almost feel like samurai goroh isn't going to fit well into smash. I mean he seems like a decent character but idk. I don't think his playstyle will represent F-Zero any better than Cap already does. If someone were added from F-Zero i'd hope they take ganon's moveset with them.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Turbo Tuesday MewTwo was good but i'm almost certain that ganondorf received waaay more votes than mewtwo as cool as he was. The past week has been nonstop ganon turbo Tuesday requests yet they release mewtwo instead. Seems to me like they may be planning something with ganon like oh idk a reworking in his moveset. But then again I could just be overspeculating.
No matter how many votes there were they were already going to do Mewtwo. It was the same with Roy. What I believe is that they want to do something big for Ganon`s TT. Maybe even reveal a alt. costume for him.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Seems to me like they may be planning something with ganon like oh idk a reworking in his moveset. But then again I could just be overspeculating.
I was watching Oro's stream the other day and they were experimenting with Ganon's Flame Choke sending the opponent up and away rather than grounding them. Skip to 3h16m in the video.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

Dude.. I'm using a ridley skin over Chirzard, and I re-sized him myself, and it looks perfect, so i duno what ur talking about

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

I have a wacky theory that they have interesting plans for ganondorfs turbo tuesday. But i dont wana sound crazy so i may not share it lol

Nobody really liked Tabuu and like stated Primid already has a lot of animations.

I think tabuu was a way cooler and diverse character than that minion thing..
And they can be very creative with tabuu. They don't have to give him the exact moves he had as a boss. They can look at the moves he used and decide good ways to alter them in game for a usable fighter. Im not sure how to explain what i mean..

Also he has a bunch of animations already, AND they can use someone like C.falcon or ZSS as a base and use some of their animations as well.

obviously it would be a bit harder but if the pulled it off... bada**

Kerenthar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Radagast_DACC
OFF-TOPIC:

They never said the character with the most votes goes to #TurboTuesdays. They just simply states to people to vote for the character they want. Criteria is actually veiled.
This is not a complaint about that, but sincerely... PMBR is trolling us again XD

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Bowser is just too big for Smash.

Olimar is much too small for Smash, they could never add him in.

Waitaminute.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
While I acknowledge that adding her could oversaturate swordsman-reps and FE-representation, I'd still like to see Lyn (because even then, I'd be great to receive another FE-rep which isn't necessarily a clone)

Besides a lot people seem to root for her as I've seen and she could really bring in fresh breath of air with her potential playstyle translated from her archetype in FE-games (fragile speedster who's not overly strong but makes up for it with many ways of killing the opponent?). I'm sure that she'd satisfy a lot of people (instead of the minority bringing out the controversial arguments on her inclusion)

She'd also have a bow like many said before, essentially giving her a projectile of some sort. I'd see her becoming Sheik/Spacie-equivalent of Swordsmen group if added. Which is why she wouldn't really work as Marth-alt (because she'd then be OP Marth if bringing in her attributes than herself)

Now I could though also say that if the swords-man and representation-thing is the problem, then Isaac should take her place as he'd be less controversial and bring a new series representation.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I watched some of the streamed Mewtwo, and I gotta say that while asthetically he looks great, he will likely not be the great character that people are expecting him to be. I seriously doubt that this will be the finalized version of the character.

Roy on the other hand looks like a potentally dangerous character right from the get go

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I dont think "too many swordsmen" is a problem here, we arent thinking like sakurai.
Anyways characters that i would like to see:
-Samurai Goroh: Melee intro would make sense.
-Ridley: same as above
-Isaac: maybe
-Young Link: Roll attack, Ice arrows and give T Link the deku leaf

red9rd

Smash Ace
If another Fire Emblem character gets added i wouldn't mind if its another sword wielder, but it would be cool to see a character with a spear or and axe.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I'm not big on adding Lyn if she is going to be primarily a standard sword user, not because of over-saturation, but because its just boring at this point. She can wield a bow, and she can dual wield katanas. Get creative with the specials and mix-ups and you have potential for a very interesting character.

Otherwise, what's the point? And I swear, if another Fire Emblem character has a counter as their down special...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom