• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cliché Thread: Best Film I've Ever Seen

Kira-

Smash Champion
do you care that i think slightly less of you for walking out on a movie i haven't seen
I care because WHY would you do that? LOL that makes no sense whatsoever

@ painlord

lord of war was tight, i saw that awhile ago

SuperRad

Smash Master
walking out of a movie theater just doesn't make any sense to me
if i pay $10 for a ticket, i've now committed to seeing this movie. even if it sucks and i can get a refund, i'm in for the long haul.

i also tend to be pretty selective about what i pay money to go see. usually if i go see a bad movie, i was aware it was bad before i went to go see it (see: terminator salvation, gi joe, etc).

and for the record when i say 'slightly less' it's like .1%
not enough to change your grade or anything

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
leaving a theatre is a personal choice. i'd rather cut my losses (an hour) and just bone out if i am thoroughly hating a film. esp if you can get a refund.

i left transformers. mostly cuz my date had a headache, but it was bad. and shia lebouff is a piece of ****.

so would you be interested in trying to convince me that there is a good reason for me to stay and finish a movie i am not liking? if i saw the first half, and felt it was a waste of time, i will almost definitely feel the same way about the rest of it. i could be making better use of my time. and i can still partake in making fun of how ridiculous it was after the fact even though i didnt see the whole thing.

SuperRad

Smash Master
well
1) ive never gone to a theater alone
2) my time isn't valuable at all
3) im really easily entertained, and even horrible movies can easily hold my interest.

it might be illogical for me to want to stay if i was really not enjoying myself
but ive also never had the urge to leave the theater mid-movie. the spectacle of movie going

and, again, im fairly selective in what i go see in theaters.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
walking out of a movie theater just doesn't make any sense to me
does something have make sense to you for you to see how it makes sense to other people?

and for the record when i say 'slightly less' it's like .1%
not enough to change your grade or anything
who are you to judge tho

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
well
1) ive never gone to a theater alone
2) my time isn't valuable at all
3) im really easily entertained, and even horrible movies can easily hold my interest.

it might be illogical for me to want to stay if i was really not enjoying myself
but ive also never had the urge to leave the theater mid-movie. the spectacle of movie going

and, again, im fairly selective in what i go see in theaters.
i feel ya on 1 an 3

but if im not having fun, i would rather go have fun

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
i keep thinking connor is posting whenever i see that squirtle

debaser

Smash Lord
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is about as legitimate as it gets.

Mr. Night sucks at endings. I really liked Signs except for the last half hour or so. same with unbreakable. I didn't bother with the village.

The very first three episodes of breaking bad were so good I didn't know what to do with myself. Then when it started focusing mainly on the familial tension, I felt like it lost momentum and I lost interest. Where in the series is it?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
it's too bad *** to explain honestly. not without spoiling a lot of stuff. it's pretty much the only current show that builds tension well.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the content/format of breaking bad episodes varies so wildly that invariably, everyone is going to have episodes they love and hate

i recommend fighting through it

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
In no particular order...

Donnie Darko
Vanilla Sky
The Butterfly Effect (that's right)
Sin City
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
V for Vandetta
The Crow
The Devils Advocate
The Big Lebowski
Toy Story
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Troy
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Princess Bride
From Dusk til Dawn
Garden State
Southland Tales
K-Pax
Fight Club
Office Space
Night at the Roxburry
Zoolander
Pay it Forward
Walk the Line
Good Will Hunting

Those are pretty much my favorites...can't think of much else for now.

EDIT: Had to add Good Will Hunting and comment on some comments.

Firstly, whoever posted about the last episode of Dexter Season 4....agreed entirely. It was pretty much genius writing and officially made it better than season 1.

Somebody mentioned Moon. Love it...love Kevin Spacey....love movies about outer space :)

Somebody mentioned Inglourious Basterds, loved it. Wow Brad Pitt is in a lot of my favorite movies....

Somebody mentioned Snatch...loved it. ****....Brad Pitt strikes again =/

Somebody mentioned Pulp Fiction...I can understand a personal opinion of not liking it...but if you cannot understand WHY people like it, then you probably have a lot to learn not just about movies, but about life.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I just watched the Brothers Bloom. It's from the director of Brick. I think it's not quite as good, but it's still a good caper movie. If you like movies about con-men and/or liked Brick, you'll probably enjoy this.

Ten Minutes later edit:
After some further reflection, I think the Brothers Bloom is pretty genius. It's not for everybody, but there's some nice subtlety to go on top of the flat out good caper it lays out. Everything gets set up really well as the movie goes on, and while it isn't an unpredictable movie, it really doesn't matter in the end if you figure out where it's going.

In a weird way, I feel it's like a light hearted, conman version of The Prestige.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
vanilla sky ****ing sucks

the original spanish version abre los ojos is really good tho
Aaaaand thank you very much for giving a perfect example and completely justifying the on-going argument that most people who hate Vanilla Sky do it with complete disregard to it's actual content, but to the fact that it is the American adaptation of a much smaller budgeted spanish indie film.

Just as an Edit, I found a really good interpretation/comparison of each of the two films that uses little to no biased...and it's from an individual that watched Open Your Eyes first.

http://thelucidnightmare.blogspot.c...-eyes-vs-vanilla-sky.html?zx=38123a65b32a01ea

Check it out.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
half way through season 2 of breaking bad

i like how the smallest things that happen lead up to bigger events, like the gas mask left behind in the first episode leading to the investigation at the high school later on in the season

im still want to find out what walt did with krazy 8 after killing him though

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
spoilers

everyone dies at the end of lost

Adam M!

Smash Lord
prolly cuz anyone who watched 5 seasons of that pos felt emotionally invested and more likely to feel like the finale made it worth it for no other reason than to make themselves feel better?

yeah.

Bryan500

Smash Cadet
TAKEN <<<<< BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

on another note, anyone watched MacGruber yet? Im debating whether its worth the $7.50

I got forced to go watch Shrek 4 3d the other day, biggest waste of $14 eveeeer

Lovage

Smash Hero
prolly cuz anyone who watched 5 seasons of that pos felt emotionally invested and more likely to feel like the finale made it worth it for no other reason than to make themselves feel better?

yeah.
lol i only watched the first season and barely kept up with the series after that, it's a pretty good ending

Top Bottom