• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5 Results - 6/25-26/11

Sephirothdotcom

Smash Cadet
wallet

Forgive me if this post is in the wrong thread/section or whatnot, but did anyone end up finding a brown wallet with the License of "Anthony Judilla" at the venue? I'm not 100% sure i had it with me when i left and can't get the venue's #. It only had abt $15 and a BUNCH of cards. If anyone has any info if they could PM me i'd appreciate it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This logic is faulty. Your character "having" to camp MK to win sounds like a problem for you, same as how it's YOUR problem when you don't know how to deal with a campy MetaKnight. Every game has it's top characters, and and a Snake player getting endless sympathy is rich, especially when Snake had such a solid lock on the #2 spot for such a long time. M2k is doing everything in his power to win. Respect the drive, respect that fire. The top MKs can 3 stock 90% of brawl players without even trying, anyway, and It's not because of the character disparity. Falco/Diddy/Snake don't lose that badly to MK LOL

I can't believe it's 2011 and people are still complaining about how broken MetaKnight is. (I main Marth btw-) I mean either put up or shut up. It sounds highly dumb when you're *****ing about a meta-game that you voluntarily subject yourself to. Nobody is forcing anybody to play Bawrl lol (this is directed at everybody, not just you Luckay)
You calling a stupid broken character our problem? Everyone has to Camp meta to have somewhat of a chance to win. Falco, Snake, Olimar, Diddy. if they don't They get bodies. And for characters that can't camp meta get the ****. Why you think Lain does not do IC Vs Meta anymore? Look at what happen to atomsk IC vs Vinnie. What the hell are they suppose to do to win.

And Snake Vs meta. You have any idea how much work it takes for a snake to camp that hard Vs Meta and win? You acting like to do what Ally, Bizkit, and Razor do to meta is a walk in the Park. I respect those snake players when they play gay meta knights. Why you think Ally Just Goes meta Knight now. he just got fed up losing to M2K BS with meta knight.

They make rules and changes to make it easier to take out gay metas like m2k, and he just finds a loop whole each time. Seriously a time out with 8 ledge grabs is BS. Each year the game gets more broken and stupid with this character. Brawl is just a mess. And people trying to back up m2k and want us to show him respect/pity? What about the respect when He plays ally and freaking quits alot. or just does not wanna play him. Why don't people bring that up instead of the (Leave m2k alone, he does what he has too, get better scrubs) crap

Damm players (really meta mains) defending the character and the BS M2K does. Again, M2K does what he has to do to win. No one is saying he should not play the way he does. But don't sit here and tell us that we have to respect this garbage. While players won't admit what kind of character meta is.

And what I really find funny, is ally does not play as gay as m2k and gets first alot. Now imagine if he did.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lol @ people complaining about Chibo's seeding with Ally

Of all the things to complain about with Chibo seeding, that is definitely not one of them. Ally is a 2nd seed, he gets pretty much 0 priority lmao

This was somewhat fun to watch until m2k clocked everyone

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Yo Imma let you finish but

The **** is that hottub pic for? Wyatt a fan of Oreos?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
This was a really fun tournament! Despite how horrible I played all weekend, it was a really fun trip. Ima play more pika and less mk now ^_^

Shoutouts:
Vex-thanks for the coaching, and it was nice seeing you again. lol@the hype you gave my match with dabuz

Dabuz- our set was a lot of fun ^_^ I want a rematchhhh

GIMR- it was nice seeing you again, sorry for not recognizing you at first!

Xzax- good **** doing well vs m2k, you're getting there sonnnn fun chillin with you

Nakat- dammit you were supposed to go fox LOL ggs man, that mk is nasty

Chibo- fun tournament, too bad we didn't get to play :(

.com- it was nice seeing you again after all this time ^_^

Nasty- fun friendlies and it was good getting to chill with you again

Gunblade- ggs man, the marth and mk were niiiice.

Izumi- fun mm, shame we had to cancel the rematch, my pika was onnnn lol good ****

Patches- fun friendlies and it was nice getting to chill with you. enjoy those american cigarettes lol

M@v- thank you for driving me all over creation and getting the hotel room, I'm glad I came despite my performance ^_^ good **** winning those mk dittos!

Tiger- your mk is awesome, I couldn't get in through your defense. Our set was a lot of fun, wish we got to play more

Colaya- fun chilling with you, lol @ playing 2 or 3 sets all weekend

Dank- ggs man, nice lucario!

TempesT- ggs, it was nice meeting you. sorry you couldn't use your main against me, link vs mk is no fun -_-

TKCK- that mk is looking niiiiiice good **** in am bracket and thanks for the ride

4nace- fun pools matches, and smash land was fun as hell

TKO- LOL@ hyping my ****ty mk like that

Kaylo, Stealth, Luckay, PikaPika, Roller, Pheonixlord- It was nice finally getting to meet all you pikachus ^_^ Pikapika ***** my **** in that mm though LOL

Boss- fun chilling with you, good **** winning project M! we gotta play melee sometime, it's been too long

Project M guys (sorry I don't know your names)- Project M is fun as hell, I'm glad I got to play you guys and I can't wait for the final release!

probably forgot a whole bunch of people -_- I love all of you though ^_^

OverLade

Smash Hero
Damn that Jacuzzi looks mad live... Wish I could been here.

And... not tryna but

Seriously though, other characters HAVE to camp metaknight because he's too broken to just approach, while metaknight on the other hand doesn't HAVE to do anything because he has the options to do everything. Besides metaknight can shut down others camping while it is near impossible for it to go the other way around. It's clear who has the better performance when the one playing the best character in the game is FORCED to play a certain way don't you think?
Agreed so hard.

Yall remember DSF vs SK92 from BIO back in 2008? That **** is better than anything thats happened in the last 2 years...

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Fun weekend I guess.

I had more fun hanging out with people here than I did playing the game. I did bad really early and just gave up. No johns though, it was my own fault. I'll just be better prepared next time. Good games to the people I did play though and <3 to all the people I played friendlies with, Tempest, Tiger, Nicole, Hippy, Super Ganon Time, etc.

Should probably go practice this game now.

Roller

Smash Legend
1: Ally- YoOoOOoOoo! Good seeing you again, man. Nice job getting 1st. Best player in North America.
3: Vinnie-Good **** placing top 3!
4: Dabuz- respect.
5: Bizkit- You beat m2k in my book.
7: Shugo- Way to rep the MW.
9: Toronto Joe- Good **** making top 10.
9: GIMR- Yo, great job making the top 10, you definitely showed people what you've got this weekend.
13: Bloodcross- I swear, if I have to play you in pools at one more national I'm gonna go nuts. lol, good job this weekend though, and ggs.
13: DeltaCod- Thank you SO MUCH for driving me! It was great meeting you, and I actually had fun during our friendlies despite your brokenass character.
13: Inui- GGs man. Work on that snake tho. ;)
17: Lain- Great to see you guys come out for this. You should have had Jason. Good **** off the screen tho. ;)
17: Logic- GGs in pools. I dropped ****ing everything. XD
17: Vex Kasrani- Vexxxx! Awesome seeing you again, but next time get top 10.
17: vVv Cheese- Good seeing you again, interesting late night bracket theory debate and whatnot.
17: Kingtoon- Fun friendlies, your toon link is the most entertaining to watch, imo.
25: Pwii- GGs man
25: Seagull- I was... Around. lol, next time I will make sure to say hi. Also, we still need to do that MM rematch.
25: Tin Man- Good meeting you, get more of Canada down to these.
33: vVv ChiboSempai- Not gonna lie, not a fan of the venue, or the fact people were charged $30 for it. But on the whole, it was a good tourney and I had fun.
33: Stealth Raptor- Stealthhhhhhh!!! The meeting 3 years in the making. lol Fun talking and playing friendlies. See you again in a few weeks!
33: Roller- Maybe you should actually practice occasionally.
33: PatG- Yo, you are def better than 33rd. Step yo' game up.
33: Gunblade- You are ****ing hilarious.
33: Jtails- Good briefly seeing you again. Was expecting to see you do a bit better.

AM Bracket:

1: Luckay4Lyphe- Great seeing you again, and fun games. Good **** winning amateurs, clearly you should have made it out of pools.
3: Kiwi- Your set vs Tiger was the most hype 3 games of the tourney.
5: Tiger- ^
9: Umbra- Good finally meeting you! Keep working on that pika! We'll get some games in next time.
13: Sharky- GGs in pools. That set was intense as hell. **** your character tho. ****ing broken.
17: Phoenix Lord- Good seeing you, as always. Don't be shy about asking other players (especially pikas!) to play friendlies. You can definitely perform better, just don't let the pressure get to you, keep a level head and think about what your best options are.
17: Thunderstorm- Fun friendlies, and good seeing/talking with you again. Glad you were able to make it. Also, seeing you passed out in that chair was hilarious.
25: Gio- Yooooooooooo! Good seeing you guys over the summer. You are definitely way better than this tho. Gotta learn those stupid mu's that aren't relevant in MI. Oh, and come to Genesis!
25: F00LY- GGs in pools. Intense set.
25: Crews- Nice meeting you.
25: Heavy Garbage- Keep up that Trolling, MLP Pinkie Pie.
33: Jumanji- Best tag.

Kaylo & PikaPika! - Great seeing you guys again, for however brief a time. Also, PP, one day I am not going to drop grabs against you and actually win a MM.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So where is the thread with all those brstms that wii had.

Need the hype accordion song.
There was an accordion song?

Is there an Archive or videos from the Livestream yet?
Did anybody record the matches? I wanna show my brother M2K's ragequit.
I left my Wii at the venue so that stuff could be recorded. I'll get some matches uploaded as soon as I have it & done sorting through.

17: Bionic - Yo go back to game n watch and sonic lol.
Never!!

judge!

Smash Ace
everyone used to tease the midwest about ally beating us with his mk. **** u all show them whos boss ally LOL.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
metaknights camping does nothing but count seconds.

snakes camping blows people up.

It should be obvious to see why people don't harp on the latter

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Thanks for that help, Vinnie

Entry Fee: $15
Entrants: 48
Total Pot: $720
Pot Split: 48/22/14/8/4/4

1: Ally :metaknight::snake::popo::wolf: ($345.60)
2: Mew2king :metaknight: ($158.40)
3: Vinnie :gw::popo::metaknight::dedede: ($100.80)
4: Dabuz :olimar: ($57.60)
5: Atomsk :metaknight::falco: ($28.80)
5. Bizkit :snake: ($28.80)
7: Shugo :falco::metaknight:
7. Nairo :metaknight:
9. ADHD :diddy:
9. TO Joe :metaknight:
9. GIMR :gw::falco:
9. Junebug :lucario:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That still has nothing to do with what side of the bracket he is on. Even of ally was a 4th seed he should have been a 4th seed on the other side of the bracket.
This honestly makes no sense lmao

---

I understand people's complaints about the venue, but tbqh look at the situation. The other venue was extremely big and prepared for the event, but with the problem with the past sponsor, it had to switch. The fact that Fusion on such short notice were able to shut down their entire business and have the owner there awake for over 24 hours straight through the weekend as well though was a life saver.

Was it the best venue? No. Did it get the job done? Yes, and I tried my best to make it do so. Planning a national and having people already registered and then all of a sudden no longer having your venue is like a nightmare, thankfully this happened as it is.

As for the price, everyone needs to really not complain about that for a few main reasons. One, the venue prices for all other fighting game communities are generally higher than Smash, which doesn't sit with the players in our community for some reason. To the point where I remember a tournament for fighting games with a $30 venue that also had smash, but they were forced to reduce the "smash venue fee" to 20 or no one would go.

There were also MANY outs to get the event cheaper. If you signed up in the first month or so of the event, it was only $15. Then it was $20 for another month. Then it was finally 30. The venue was cheaper than the one in Philly, yes, I switched to that because of it and the flexibility. However with the switch there were many other expenses outside of the venue itself, and I tried to help people out more by giving back a lot of money for setups. $15 for a set up is a lot of money, most tournaments only give you $5. Sign up early and bring a setup = free venue fee, so there were plenty of options.

And whoever started the rumor about the venue being free... what? lmao. completely false

but w/e, i digress. It wasn't the best, but it worked out fairly nice considering the situation the tournament was in after the problem with the past sponsor that was beyond my control.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
-___ -;

My bad

Entrants: 92
Total Pot: $1380

1: Ally :metaknight::snake::popo::wolf: ($662.40)
2: Mew2king :metaknight: ($303.60)
3: Vinnie :gw::popo::metaknight::dedede: ($193.20)
4: Dabuz :olimar: ($110.40)
5: Atomsk :metaknight::falco: ($55.20)
5. Bizkit :snake: ($55.20)
7: Shugo :falco::metaknight:
7. Nairo :metaknight:

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
33: Kai stop hating
Who are you?

Is there an Archive or videos from the Livestream yet?
Your avi....you are not worthy :mad:

33: Kai - Close set vs KT. Always a pleasure seeing you sir.
Thanks dude. Same :)

33: Kai - Good to see you again. It's so much fun to see you get mad when you lose to my falco in friendlies :) But on the real, I still haven't played your sonic ever. We need to MM next time we're at a tournament together once I actually can make enough money to afford MMs.
My fox remains salty. We should MM at Yes!'s event if you go.

33: Kai- Nice seeing you man. hopefully we get to talk more.
Agreed. Had fun watching you play though :bee:

This honestly makes no sense lmao

---

I understand people's complaints about the venue, but tbqh look at the situation. The other venue was extremely big and prepared for the event, but with the problem with the past sponsor, it had to switch. The fact that Fusion on such short notice were able to shut down their entire business and have the owner there awake for over 24 hours straight through the weekend as well though was a life saver.

Was it the best venue? No. Did it get the job done? Yes, and I tried my best to make it do so. Planning a national and having people already registered and then all of a sudden no longer having your venue is like a nightmare, thankfully this happened as it is.

As for the price, everyone needs to really not complain about that for a few main reasons. One, the venue prices for all other fighting game communities are generally higher than Smash, which doesn't sit with the players in our community for some reason. To the point where I remember a tournament for fighting games with a $30 venue that also had smash, but they were forced to reduce the "smash venue fee" to 20 or no one would go.

There were also MANY outs to get the event cheaper. If you signed up in the first month or so of the event, it was only $15. Then it was $20 for another month. Then it was finally 30. The venue was cheaper than the one in Philly, yes, I switched to that because of it and the flexibility. However with the switch there were many other expenses outside of the venue itself, and I tried to help people out more by giving back a lot of money for setups. $15 for a set up is a lot of money, most tournaments only give you $5. Sign up early and bring a setup = free venue fee, so there were plenty of options.

And whoever started the rumor about the venue being free... what? lmao. completely false

but w/e, i digress. It wasn't the best, but it worked out fairly nice considering the situation the tournament was in after the problem with the past sponsor that was beyond my control.
All of this^. I hated paying 30 for that venue, but it was my own fault.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
-___ -;

My bad

Entrants: 92
Total Pot: $1380

1: Ally :metaknight::snake::popo::wolf: ($662.40) $690.00
2: Mew2king :metaknight: ($303.60) $345.00
3: Vinnie :gw::popo::metaknight::dedede: ($193.20) $165.60
4: Dabuz :olimar: ($110.40) $69.00
5: Atomsk :metaknight::falco: ($55.20) $34.50
5. Bizkit :snake: ($55.20) $34.50
7: Shugo :falco::metaknight: $20.70
7. Nairo :metaknight: $20.70

woah woah woah woah...i did not get $110...-______- i got like 70 or some ****

edit @ john #s

* Doubles
o 1st place - 48% of the pot
o 2nd place - 22% of the pot
o 3rd place - 14% of the pot
o 4th place - 8% of the pot
o 5th place - 4% of the pot

* Singles
o 1st place - 50% of the pot
o 2nd place - 25% of the pot
o 3rd place - 12% of the pot
o 4th place - 5% of the pot
o 5th place - 2.5%
o 7th place - 1.5%

if you look at this, you see you calculated the singles bracket with doubles payouts

I did the correct calculations with blue text in the quote

Vinnie

Smash Master
1: Ally - good set, I wish I could have put up a better fight. Good job clutching it out game 3.
2: Mew2King - I should have went g&w starting game 1, lol. :( @ you trying to scrooge me, then I tried to stop it with dair, and then me getting killed.
4: Dabuz - Good **** on double 4th, man. Great job on your wins, LI is proud of you!
5: Bizkit - Great job ****** and almost beating m2k!
5: Atomsk - Good set, looks like I'mma have to come over your house and teach you the ICs matchup again, lol.
7: Nairo - Good job on top 8, and winning doubles! We all know you could do better obviously, but don't let it get to you, you're really amazing.
7: Shugo - Good job on top 8.
9: Toronto Joe - Fun set man, and fun friendlies as well. You're really cool and I hope you come to KTAR6 or Apex or something!
9: GIMR - Great job on 9th :p knew you could do it! Nice comeback vs Cheese.
9: ADHD - </3 for double eliminating me in doubles. LOL @ the rufio on rainbow cruise. It was fun prank calling people when we were drunk. GJ on top 12 but you should really start practicing again because you could have easily done way better than this!
9: Junebug - Good job on top 12, fun random MM you lucky ****. It was really great seeing you this weekend.
13: vVv Pelca - Good job beating Lain!!! :) and sorry for trolling you this entire weekend, you know I'm not serious ;).
13: Bloodcross - Good set in doubles and good **** winning that 1v2 game 2 xD sooo impressive. Great seeing you this weekend, sucks at what happened to the car.
13: DeltaCod - Great job beating Atomsk! Good job top 16 with Yoshi omg @_@ and happy birthday!!!
17: Lain - Fun set in doubles. Your ICs were pretty inspiring vs M2K. Still better than mine.
17: Will - You'll get 'em next time. Thank you for driving me and sorry for *****ing about gas money lol.
17: Logic - Fun seeing you although we didn't talk much.
17: Vex Kasrani - Good **** in doubles and it was fun seeing you. I'M GLAD THE ONLY TIME YOU CHEER FOR ME IS WHEN I'M ON ATOMSK'S TEAM.
17: Nakat - Such a hype weekend with you, and you're one of my fav smashers too xD. Good **** beating Seagull.
17: vVv Cheese - :yoshi2: :p I'll teach you the matchup with ROB. Fun seeing you.
17: Kingtoon - Nice seeing you, man. You got this next time.
17: Keitaro - Great job on your wins!
25: Pink Fresh - GJ top 8 in doubles, still the best Lucas hands down obviously. We all gotta start MK training, yo.
25: Nicole - Extremely impressive set with Nairo, at least from what I saw. Good job. It was awesome seeing you, too bad we didn't get to drink or go out to eat. Next time!
25: Pwii - You underperformed, but everybody that matters still knows you're super good. Don't sweat it.
25: Seagull - We should have talked more! Oh well, hopefully I'mma come to MD/VA soon.
25: EE_Flowers - Fun set in pools, good job beating Izumi and Gunblade!
25: Tin Man - MASTER TROLL! It was great meeting you. :)
25: Xzax - Good job vs m2k and beating Jtails. He's really good so yeah. Hope to see you soon! Sucks you had to play your Falco brother btw e_e.
33: Punishment Divine -
>ktar6, you team with a really good mk
>you win
^you should do that. MK/wario is really good and my MK isn't up to par in doubles yet. Anyways, it was really great spending the entire weekend with you like always. <3
33: vVv ChiboSempai - Still wondering why the venue fee was $30 when last time it was like 5 or 10. Where did the rest of that money go?
33: Dapuffster - GJ in doubles, and good job beating Pelca.
33: Stealth Raptor - Fun set in doubles.
33: Noid - GOOD ****ING **** TAKING A GAME OFF M2K WITH SAMUS! YOU ****!!!
33: Nasty - Good seeing you.
33: PatG - SANCHEZ DA BESS!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry btw, we're gonna start training offline now, since it's the summer. Hit me up on AIM.
33: Izumi - Fun set in doubles and good seeing you. =3
33: .com - You're so loud omg! :D
33: Gunblade - You're so fun to be around and funny. Thanks for making this tournament that much better by existing. Hope to see you soon!
33: Kai - Fun seeing you this weekend Kai! Hope to see you soon at like KTAR6 or something.
33: Eazy - Good **** housing that many people dude, it was fun seeing you this weekend too and good job making it to bracket.
33: Jtails - If you quit, I'm going to strangle a baby. Thanks for the practice btw.
33: Wedge - Good job beating Kirin.
49: Patches - yay fellow g&w main
49: Luckay4Lyphe - good job winning Amateur bracket singles!
49: Clai - good job beating yoshi with Ganon, lmao.
49: KirinBlaze - time to start up our training sessions again, now that it's the summer. You could have done wayyy better than that, but don't let it get to you, live and learn ^_^.
49: nuke - nice seeing you!
49: Pane - lol took your bday at restaurant idea, THE IDEA IS TO NOT TELL THE PERSON THAT YOU DID IT! IT HAS TO BE A SURPRISE!
49: Tiger - Your set vs Kiwi was sooo hype! Nice seeing you this weekend.
49: Sails - Fun set in singles pools.
65: TempesT - Nice seeing you!
65: Kiwi - Great job winning that monehhh, I was NOT gonna let Chibo pocket that ****!!!
65: Bionic - Fun set in doubles.
65: Void - Fun set in singles pools.
81: SephirothDotCom - Nice seeing you again, rep that g&w!
81: Aposl - lol good seeing you man. That random aposl da bes!
81: Tedium - Fun set in singles pools.
81: Heavy Garbage - nice seeing you!
TKO - Lol it was fun teaming with you in friendlies, we actually make a pretty good team. Thanks for supporting me this weekend.
Blackanese - fun set in doubles pools, good ****. I'll go Wario next time! >:]

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
@Albert: you're wrong. Metaknight's tornado makes it absolutely idiotic to approach him. If you start going aggro on a good Metankight he'll just press B and remind you of that respect you were supposed to show

Iconic

Smash Rookie
This was actually my first tournament, I didn't enter I just did friendlies.

sooooooooo shoutouts.

Ally and M2k - Thanks for showing me that not only do I lose to everyone else but I also lose to pros.

D-pch - You're crazy man, keep wrecking.

MAN - How did I not beat your ganon, im so upset.

:mario: ditto - Don't remember your name but the games were legit!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
home safely. wanted to say fun *** tourney, ill do my shoutouts when i am properly awake to do them. special shoutouts to chibo, vex, kaylo, and pikapika for transportation and housing over the weekend. yall are the best :D

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
We should have another MK ban vote off and see if we can get more than 2/3rds to ban MK for good.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
33: vVv ChiboSempai - Still wondering why the venue fee was $30 when last time it was like 5 or 10. Where did the rest of that money go?
That's not a shoutout, it's a question lol

And really? lol. The small fusion tourneys prior were one day from like 12pm to 8 or 9pm, and normally we only took down row of computers for the event, and the store stayed open as normal. For this tournament his entire business was shut down for three full days, Sat Sun and Mon, and it was also kept open all overnight. Also regular tourneys don't require any extra equipment of sorts, where this required a lot.

--

People need to stop complaining about m2k camping. Who cares, props to him, gotta use the tools of the game to win. He played well (except for maybe a game or so vs Ally) and pulled off the clutch wins like vs Bizkit. Congrats

swordgard

Smash Hero
m2k does that 2 win like rly stfu he doesnt care if u dont like how he plays he will do watever it takes 2 win
And? The issue is the character can be played that way, if nobody is willing to take it that far then they are doing it wrong.

Top Bottom