• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Fighters! Circuit Event I 11/21/09 Chicago, Illinois

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Looks like I'll be coming to this with a group of fellow Hoosiers!

Calebyte, Muncie, IN; Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
For those wanting to enter the Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 tournament sponsored by TOMY-USA, please go to the following link to vote on the Tournament fee for the event.

Vote for Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 Tourney Fee

We will be doing Pool Play for this tournament and followed by the Bracket. The ENTIRE Bracket will be recorded and put online since it is been sponsored by the company that made the game. So you will see yourselves play online and possibly be on the TOMY-USA home website as part of their Revolution 3 videos!

Regarding everything else, I will be allocating time to do Brawl Crew Battles. Since I have noticed many people want to do this. I will work out a deal to give crews time to do their crew battle well before it gets too late for everyone to stay. So hopefully I can work some thing out for you guys! ^_^

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
For those wanting to enter the Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 tournament sponsored by TOMY-USA, please go to the following link to vote on the Tournament fee for the event.

Vote for Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 Tourney Fee

We will be doing Pool Play for this tournament and followed by the Bracket. The ENTIRE Bracket will be recorded and put online since it is been sponsored by the company that made the game. So you will see yourselves play online and possibly be on the TOMY-USA home website as part of their Revolution 3 videos!

Regarding everything else, I will be allocating time to do Brawl Crew Battles. Since I have noticed many people want to do this. I will work out a deal to give crews time to do their crew battle well before it gets too late for everyone to stay. So hopefully I can work some thing out for you guys! ^_^
. . . .only if GF is recorded, im going to be posted

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I have edited the SECOND POST on the MAIN PAGE with the updated Prereg List and Circuit Point Distribution.

I also added the Guaranteed Championship Pot Bonuses that are been Sponsored!

Like I posted in that post, the more people that show up to these events throughout the series, the higher the Championship Pot will go. So far, the Sponsors have told me the Championship Pot for the events WILL Double if the attendance gets consistent and people keep showing up and if it gets bigger. So the more players show up the more the Sponsors will give into the Championship Pots!

Hope that motivates people and remember this NOVEMBER EVENT will be awarding DOUBLE POINTS for all the players in the tournament! ^_^

For those wondering about Melee. I did not add it to this event because there is already another Chicago Melee event on this very day. I do not want to compete for the attendance with another event, so I dropped Melee from this event.
I will be adding Melee to the Circuit series starting in January and will get a Sponsor to hopefully give me a Guarantee Pot for that event as well! I will keep the Melee people updated as soon as I can get that worked out.

Don't think I forgot about the Melee scene, I am just waiting until January to include Melee into this Circuit Series! ^_^

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Can you please put down the venue details. If I don't get them soon (I mean the specific location) I might not be able to go. You said that you would have it 2 weeks ago, but I all I know is that it is at some hotel.So please, get the venue details.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
That depends on which Depaul campus you are talking about. But if you mean the one near downtown Chicago. If you take the train from that place it would probably take anywhere from 30 Minutes to 45 minutes. Since you would be taking the train to Midway.

Scythe

Smash Master
Where the hell is this being held? OP still doesn't say.

Haplostola

Smash Rookie
Haplostola: Bridgeview IL, SSBB Singles maybe SSBB Teams

Ill pre-register but a venue location would be nice. do you need set ups?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I can prolly make this tho it seems like its gonna b a long *** train ride for me @__@

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Don't worry Kain, I will be making a few future events on the North side of Chicago so it can be better for some people that travel from there. Some will even be in the suburbs. I will also be working on making a few around the downtown area again.

There was going to be a $200 bonus for Brawl at this event and you can blame Scythe for not having it now. ^_^

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Don't worry Kain, I will be making a few future events on the North side of Chicago so it can be better for some people that travel from there. Some will even be in the suburbs. I will also be working on making a few around the downtown area again.

There was going to be a $200 bonus for Brawl at this event and you can blame Scythe for not having it now. ^_^
I hate u Scythe.....

Scythe

Smash Master

My bad the $200 just accidentally fell into my wallet.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
VaMP, Xero, Count, what does your ride situation look like. I may be interested in making it to this, as well as maybe someone else. If you have the extra room, we'd be willing to split gas and whatnot and meet with you guys.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Does circuit event mean that these are going to be monthly? Or just that there will be a bunch of them.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I completely forgot to update the venue. I have been very busy at work and working over time doesn't help. I have the venue secure. I will post full info on the venue in the morning when I get home.
I will update the Venue fee and Discounts.
If you have been to my previous events here is the breakdown:

Venue Fee: $7

Bring a Full Set up (TV, System, Game): Free Venue Entry

I am going back to work and when I get home in the morning I will update from my PC, I am on mobile atm.

Moozle, These will be monthlies. I will be scheduling them around the Chicago Metropolitan area. So they won't be one designated spot throughout the series and by moving it around the area I might be able to attract new players as well! ^_^

Cook, I am providing housing for anyone that may need it. I am already housing quite a few people. Also my place is just about 5-10 minutes from the actual venue. So you are welcome to crash if you need it, otherwise, hopefully others can help out with it. ^_^

Landry

Smash Ace
Yeah... So I probably can't make this unless I get a last minute ride...

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
* If the game ends with a suicide, the winner will be determined by percentage. This includes Swallow-cides, Ganon-cides, Wario-cide, and Bowser's Koopa Claw.
Really? ...REALLY?

That's just ****ing ridiculous. If you gimp someone, do they win if they have a lower percent than you? lol... why is that rule there? Who thought that it was a good idea?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Really? ...REALLY?

That's just ****ing ridiculous. If you gimp someone, do they win if they have a lower percent than you? lol... why is that rule there? Who thought that it was a good idea?
Lol, Will, I post this tournament on the STL thread thinking you'd be interested in going but all you do is troll these nice tournament people about a silly rule about swallow-cides instead.

Top Bottom