• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Fighters! Circuit Event I 11/21/09 Chicago, Illinois

Arty

Smash Lord
It was originally $10, but since it was changed to single elimination, everyone got $5 back.

Edit: Lol Destroy answered first :p And yes Lain was probably that guy

Luni

Smash Rookie
I was so pumped when i saw all the chinese food when I first got there... this tournament would have been much better if there more setups there. Then we could have had an actual pools and double elimination bracket... I do have to say good stuff JLO taking out grimace and Hunger. I guess I'll have more to say when results are up..

Arty

Smash Lord
Arty...can u give me up to 9th place? Results i mean..
I guess... although in a single elimination tourney, results really don't mean anything. There were a lot of great players facing other great players early on, and had no chance to make a comeback through losers.

1. Lain
2. Joker
3. Arty
3. JLo
5. Fatboy
5. Hunger
5. Razor
5. Sliq

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
this was not DK's fault. the venue was ok, a little cramped but we could have made due. we didnt bring any setups. unless you brought a setup (which i didnt) it is your fault. setups were the main issue. time could have been dealt with if we had more than 1 setup (which is what we brawl players brought).
dont blame DK for this ****. he does a great job at hosting tournaments, like we all saw with the CoB series.
although next time we should make sure we have a list of people bringing setups or something. i would have brought one but i left my **** at school and assumed there would be enough. see, i ****ed up. hate me iowa :p
---Deez <3

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah the single elim sucked, sucks extra hard when u make it to semifinals and have no chance to even play in losers finals or anything lol. i guess i just kinda wanted to play Arty and Lain but instead i got to lose to joker, who i can lose to whenever i want lol.

@gameandwatch4lyfe- iowa doesn't hate, but im pretty sure some of us were pretty upset about the setup situation, which is completely understandable, plus iowa brought a setup =P

Xyless

Smash Master
JLo, make sure you promise me that this is not the last time Iowa will come to an IL tourney! Kakashi is just testing venues out that aren't Screenz (since Screenz has ridiculous prices and people).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Doesn't single elimination usually play out a tiebreaker between 3rd and 4th regardless?

Xyless

Smash Master
We couldn't, because we only had 1 TV left by that time (we were using a Street Fighter player's TV with my Wii), and by then, the store was closing.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I know some of you already posted about setups, but heres my insight. Folks, if setups are asked for, you should bring them (if room in your car permits). Who cares if you have an 18" TV? People will still play on it. It took me awhile to figure out what happened at this tournament and I'm glad I figured it out.

From another TO's standpoint, lack of setups can only be blamed on the attendees themselves. Unless you're at a high end venue with sponsors, a TO can only provide one or two setups. We're all not rich folks to provide 5-6 setups. I am very surprised at the reactions of some of you. C'mon folks, you we're told to bring setups, yet all but one of ya did (unless DK brought both). Blame yourselves, not him.

Count

Smash Champion
The issue with that blade, from talking to the people there, is that nobody knew setups were needed. Maybe nobody paid enough attention, or maybe they weren't advertised hard enough.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
If people would read the OP like most do before a tournament, then they would've seen:

Dark Kakashi said:
Venue Fee: $7 Per Person
Bring in a Full Set Up (TV, System, Game): Free Entry
You could be right though that no one really paid attention to that. It was the only thing about setups. But it's still there.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
To an extent it's the players fault, but really there still should have been a set up list. No one knew only 1 person was bringing a full set up (Iowa). If Iowa didn't bring a set up (they shouldn't have been expected too), there would have been ZERO full set ups at this tournament lol. Theres no excuse for that as a T.O.

It was definitly not stressed that set ups were needed this badly. Just a casual "if you want to bring a set up you can, and you'll get in free" is not enough. I wouldn't have hauled my set up 8 hours for that either. It should have said "Bring ************ing set ups!!!!!".

Even partial set ups were discouraged.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
To an extent it's the players fault, but really there still should have been a set up list. No one knew only 1 person was bringing a full set up (Iowa). If Iowa didn't bring a set up (they shouldn't have been expected too), there would have been ZERO full set ups at this tournament lol. Theres no excuse for that as a T.O.

Short on set ups, not TOs fault. ZERO set ups; TOs fault. It was definitly not stressed that tournaments were needed this badly. Just a casual "if you want to bring a set up you can, and you'll get in free". Not "Bring a ************ing set up!!!!!". Which is how it should have been :p
In this case, I can agree with you.

Sliq

Smash Master
It's worth noting that I actually won because I used Bowser. I just donated the tournament money to Lain because I'm already disgustingly wealthy and Asian people make me giggle.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
haha brawl. our team matches were epic. if only i could avoid killing myself and/or my teammate... i survived a bowser sideb fresh at 170% on brinstar. wtf...

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
i'm not going to say much about this tournament. this tournament was god aweful, and I ran the **** thing (I'm Webster). but hey we tried the best we could, and we had fun with what he had. OOSers don't let this tournament discourage you from coming to future events me and dark kakashi run. together we have ran over 20 tournaments in the past two years and this is the ONLY tournament that waz COMPLETE ***. that's pretty good if u ask me.

special thanks to those who did bring full set ups. for those that didn't bring set ups and could have, well i think maybe next time you should eh. yeah DK should have advertised that we needed set ups a bit better, that much is clear. but he tried to provide for a variety of fighting games. so one person can only do so much. people need to remember that it takes a community effort to be successful at community events.

to those who tried to help the pools/brackets i thank you. but because a variety of people kept messing with my computer/tio/brackets/whatever a lot of tournament brackets got all messed up. i dunno who did it, and i'm not gonna blame anyone. but i will enforce a "STAY AWAY FROM MY LAPTOP" rule at the next tournament hahaha.

alright, well it was really nice meeting a variety of new people. again i hope some of yous had fun. to be honest, i did. and the chinese food was surprisingly really good (even though i was up at 6AM and didn't get to eat until 8:30 pm), . DAYUM!!! :(

ggs to everyone.

hunger!

Smash Champion
fun tourney. doubles was seriously....a blast. wf's,1st set of gfs, and second set of GF's going to 5th game. too fun. was fun teaming with you lain but my shoulders hurt from carrying you in GF's =P you know i love you. single elim was sorta gay but at the same time pretty sweet cause i got home at like 12:30 instead of like 4 am =D GGs everyone and i hope i see JLO,Joker,Razor more often.

I AM PUMPED THAT COF'S WILL BE RAN AT WEBSTERS CAFE!!!!

edit: are there going to be doubles circuit points at this series?

edit: Characters
1. Lain :popo: / :dedede:
2. Joker :snake:
3. Arty :falco: / :gw:
3. JLo :peach:
5. Fatboy :metaknight: / :rob:
5. Hunger :wario: / :olimar: / :mario2:
5. Razor :metaknight:
5. Sliq :bowser2:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Was still fun chillin with everyone and stuff. Hunger stop callin me by my name.....

Nicole

Smash Champion
hey now, what do u mean by a peach gettin 3rd and a bowser gettin 5th, it was totally legit.
Good **** JLo, you finally got to play the Snakes and Warios like you've always wanted to :bee:

Put these results up on the Peach tournament thread so people start giving you some credit!

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Good **** JLo, you finally got to play the Snakes and Warios like you've always wanted to :bee:

Put these results up on the Peach tournament thread so people start giving you some credit!
sry, just when I saw "Credit for a tournament with single elimination"

this is what came to mind

Top Bottom