• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CLASH 1 - Results Thread Is Up!

What extra Brawl event would you like to see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've got an awesome new update for CLASH Tournaments, and it's called the CLASHPORT.

What is a CLASHPORT?

Every paid attendee (paying a venue fee, regardless of events entered) to a CLASH Tournament receives one free CLASHPORT for free. Your CLASHPORT keeps track of CLASH events you have been to, sort of like a CLASH Passport, hence the name.

So what is the purpose of the CLASHPORT?

While I can’t say exactly for now, there are tons of possibilities! In the future I will be offering discounts based on user’s CLASHPORTs. For instance, I may have a discount for the fourth event saying that if you have attended every CLASH event so far, you receive $x off. To prove this to us during registration, instead of taking time to look up all of the results, you can just show up your CLASHPORT with stickers for the first three events in it.

For full details on the new CLASHPORT, including mockup art of what it looks like, you can view the entire announcement on the CLASH Tournaments website here: http://clashtournaments.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/introducing-the-clashport/

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I asked Aposl about a ride 2 days ago, but he hasn't replied back yet. So, I'm just waiting as of right now. I could try asking my mom if she would let me drive by myself, but I doubt she'll let me lol :c

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's a pity a huge no johns is happening the same day, hopefully next time the turnout for both games is massive.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The AiB Ladder is now over, and I have determined the players that are eligible for the discount. You can find the entire list here: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=122862

Remember, players are eligible to get either the wifi discount or the setup discount. If you didn't make the cut, you can still save $3 by bringing a TV + Wii + Brawl to CLASH 1 this Saturday!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just so everyone knows I'm delaying the tournament by a half hour to help aid in some people traveling to the event. The venue now opens at 11:30am, Brawl Doubles registration ends at 1pm, and Melee Doubles registration ends at 2pm.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
My purple controller broke the last day of genesis2 (the same one I used to win the MLGs that I won). I don't lie when I say that is the reason I think I do bad sometimes in both Melee and Brawl tournaments. I say that when I believe that it was a deciding factor or the main reason. I have set muscle memory that I use with it, and it feels weird to use something I'm not familiar with because of my playstyle. I wouldn't just lie about that stuff, regardless of what you will believe.

Ksizl - I thought it was pretty disrespectful to tell nairo (which I'm guessing you must have) to not count the tournament match from Ktar. After that point I didn't even want to play anymore. That's completely unfair. Had he won the first game and the same situation happened, I would have let the match still count.
first off, keitaro went to go get the ruling to see if the set would be restarted or not. instead of waiting you gave nairo the decision of restarting or notthinking he'd do the *honorable* thing. all you had to do was wait. you're fault.

I did tell him to restart it. it's a play to win environment (you should know ALLLL about that). i would've done the same, as well as any other top player wanting to win if they were playing mew2king. it isn't about respect anymore once you pay the entry fee. cold truth.

besides you played him in 5 sets before and won everytime. and won the first game of the *fake* set. what was stopping you from winning again? those excuses arent valid when you weigh all this up.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol he lives close to keitaro now so wherever keit goes so will the ADHFD -_____-''

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm actually not sure if ADHD is coming but he's along the way and the tourney is close so he should be.

$3 bucks gas for whoever is going with me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
EVERYONE REMEMBER TO BRING SETUPS!

get a discount, makes the tournament run faster, etc

if you have multiple set ups you get discounts from each one!

Prawn

Smash Master
Wish I could go to this cheebs but I got work :( will be streammonstering

:phone:

GOTM

Smash Champion
I know there's going to be food at the venue, but I used to come up to this area all the time to visit family, and if anyone is up for making a 15 minute (if that) drive to White Rose System Burgers - I will love you forever.

Some of the best burgers ever, and they are like a little over $3 (good size), and fries are like a little over a $1, and you get a lot of them.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm gonna need a carpool if I want to make this.

I live around the Rockaway Blvd stop on the A train of the subways in NY, and I'm willing to go anywhere that is subway accessible to be picked up. I'm very punctual and generally show up on time.

So, who wants to take my money? Hit me up on Aim.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna give me a ride to this? I can pinch in for gas money and pay tolls. Although I kind of live pretty far away from the venue which is in Bayshore on LI. Pm on here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Oh word I forgot TL isn't allowed in it anymore

but you'll still get top 3, that kirby is business

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The New Brunswick station is closest. From there you can get a ride or take a bus as a last resort option. I have details at the bottom of the OP in the Public Transportation section.

M@v

Subarashii!
i want top seeding at this. and we have to do mid tier singles chibo.

PA gonna take top 3 in it (without my TL)
Your right. My fox, chibos rob, then your kirby :)

Entered one mid-tier tourney my whole life and I got first. :awesome:

P.S Fox is the mk of mid tier tourneys now lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Your right. My fox, chibos rob, then your kirby :)

Entered one mid-tier tourney my whole life and I got first. :awesome:

P.S Fox is the mk of mid tier tourneys now lol.
Actually, Peach is. She does not have a sign match up in mid tire that she loses, if anything, goes even with at worst.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
i cant wait for mid tiers.
gonna be funner than singles.

o and mid tier better go on because it won in the poll.
jus wait for will to go home b4 we do it

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Actually Kirby also has no bad matchups

and ROB only loses to Fox (in the MU chart it says he loses to Pit but I think it's even), but ROB beats Fox's counter

it's such an even metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom