• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Circuit Event] **Fuhgeddaboudit 2** 9/29 Oshkosh, WI

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
At fc6, myself, KSSB, Quaz, and EoF were playing in our room when crashman came into the room and demanded the tv. EoF, being the cocky SOB he is, said "Play ya for it." and then did his jason laugh...which sounds oddly like Barny Rubble from the flinstones...ok, anyways...they set it up quickly, but KSSB's falco was just turned to a computer lvl 1 falco. So crash wanted to kill it, so he jumped on the platform (it was Staduim) and did a missle across to the other platform, but the falco powershielded it, then proceeded to do a 0 to 60 combo, then spiked it off the side...crash proceeded to turn off the game as us 4 were all laughing...and thats my story...
Forget the lv 9 Ganon. Everyone should have a lv 1 Falco on their team.

It's what the cool kids do. 8^]

...moving back on topic...

Wow, I narrowly avoided being money-gimped out of being able to come. Not only did I have a lot less in the bank than I thought, but also getting the oil changed was a price higher than I had estimated. So, I had to make a sacrifice... in the name of Smash. You guys are SO lucky my super-secret stash of savings had as much money as it had.

Anyone care to guess how many pennies it takes to equal five pounds?

...Also...

For all of us who're going to leaving from Zicore's for the tourney, if someone needs gas we should wait until we get to Amherst. Only a little side-trip, and the reward is gas for $2.99 a gallon. Last I checked, it's $3.05-$3.07 in Point/Plover. If we're looking to save some money, it should definitely be worth it. (For those riding with me... I'd like no less than $2 for gas... I really don't want to be charging people, but I don't like the alternative...)

Zjiin

Smash Master
Anyone care to guess how many pennies it takes to equal five pounds?
Depends on the year of the pennies.

year----- mass (g)
1980 ----- 3.1
2001----- 2.5

5 pounds is about 2.3 kilograms.

2.3 kilograms is 2,300 grams

2300 divided by 3 (estimated) = 766.66666--

So about 767 pennies give or take should be about 5 pounds.

[EDIT] LOL i sure took the fun out of THAT.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Depends on the year of the pennies.

year----- mass (g)
1980 ----- 3.1
2001----- 2.5

5 pounds is about 2.3 kilograms.

2.3 kilograms is 2,300 grams

2300 divided by 3 (estimated) = 766.66666--

So about 767 pennies give or take should be about 5 pounds.

[EDIT] LOL i sure took the fun out of THAT.
767 isn't even close to what I had. No idea exactly how much it weighed, but it was somewhere between 5-10 lbs; the container I had it in was a cylindrical tin, about 8.25 in high with a diameter of 6.25 to 6.5 in (it's warped slightly). Before it was taken in, it was 1/3 full.

My estimate was it would be about $10. It turned out that I had $16.25 worth of pennies lying under my bed at home. So this helped to nullify the extra $5 on the oil change, and gave $10 to supplement the gas (Without it I would've had only enough to get $10 worth of gas for the trip.) It's still about $10 less than projected, but it left exactly $10 as I had estimated earlier that I would have.

...there is one more thing I could liquefy for cash... but I would like to do all I can to avoid that option... even though it is already cash in of itself and doesn't really require liquefication...

Zjiin

Smash Master
My estimate was it would be about $10. It turned out that I had $16.25 worth of pennies lying under my bed at home. So this helped to nullify the extra $5 on the oil change, and gave $10 to supplement the gas (Without it I would've had only enough to get $10 worth of gas for the trip.) It's still about $10 less than projected, but it left exactly $10 as I had estimated earlier that I would have.
You said $10 so much in this paragraph, that i now have a headache.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
So ZICORE, who's gonna be at your house on Friday night? I'll be there with Slayer and whoever else he's driving. (Who are they again, Slayer?) I want some teams practice the night before, warm up my bit--er... peach.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
10 man WI crew what do you guys think??? (hope I didn't hurt anybodys feelings lol)

-=-=MAIN=-=-
tapion
crash
sauce
lone
puff
kssb
hayate
spikes (crew leader)
quaz
eof

-=-=ALTERNATES=-=-
ethan
sync
mundungu
eow
xtra
cwolf
zicore
meza

...is fastest going?
So.... are those alternates in order? Wait, me and Ethan should be on there before Lone and Puff XP j/k. Ohhh... good memories.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I don't care that much, I just wanna get the chance to play all the people there who are > Tapion and a Crew Match is a good chance to do that.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
anyways i was thinking i might stay over at zicores tomarow.... and then walk over to Hayates in the morning That is if they are still giving me a ride. if i stay at zicores... also sago might be coming up tomarow and also staying at zicores...but if i did stay at zicores where could i take a shower at zicores or Hayates... cuz i hate not taking showers, before the day.

Zicore

Smash Champion
ummm...you should probebly shower at Garys...I am already gonna have 14 people showering at my house...the less the better for this...unless you bring chips. Then its ok.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Y'know, I have half a mind to wake up extra-early, grab a doughnut, then come back to the dorms to shower instead of at Zicore's. Because whoever that 13th/14th person is, they're gonna take a reeeeeal cold shower... and I hate cold showers...

Actually, that sounds like a plan. If I leave before anyone starts to shower, I should make it back before everyone's finished. (This is assuming that showers will be one at a time... lawl, I'm picturing Zicore charging a dollar for every minute over 5 spent showering to save water XD)

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
ummm...you should probebly shower at Garys...I am already gonna have 14 people showering at my house...the less the better for this...unless you bring chips. Then its ok.
my house is open for shower, just make sure no one get kill by my mom

momd: thank god you are coming @_@

Sago

Smash Lord
Sago dosent need a shower hes a superhumanbeing, while the rest of you rot in your filth while i sleep my body secreets all its filth into a small jello cube :D

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
what is that supposed to mean lol

Also what time are you leaving Hayate so i know when to get up and get my *** over to ur house for a shower and catch a ride
Not that it's any concern of mine, but why wouldn't you just sleep at Hayate's house? It really doesn't make sense to sleep at Zicore's, then wake up, walk to Hayate's, take a shower, and then leave.

It makes more sense anyway you look at it. Less people at Zicore's, as he already has like 14, less people he has to spend money on (donuts, soda, etc), and Hayate is probably going to go to Zicore's fest thing anyway.

Anyway....

ATTN PPLZ:

Record vids, kthx.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Sago dosent need a shower hes a superhumanbeing, while the rest of you rot in your filth while i sleep my body secreets all its filth into a small jello cube :D
You don't take shower...you don't go.

and Hayate is probably going to go to Zicore's fest thing anyway.
umm...why? He lives a block away? Why would he stay here that night?

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
umm...why? He lives a block away? Why would he stay here that night?
You misunderstood. I'm saying he will probably go to just the smashfest, as he said he would earlier.

I'm trying to make it easier on you. What sense is there in Fade staying over, adding to your hassle having one extra person, when he plans on walking over to Hayate's the next day to shower and drive with him? That makes no sense, why not just stay at hayate's who isn't housing that many people (or any at all).

Quaz

Smash Master
uhm, maybe he wants to play smash with all the mn players and stuff.

I mean, hanging out with a hentai happy asain is fun and all.. but he can do that whenever he wants almost!

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296

That is not the point. please read and re-read my previous posts.

Quaz

Smash Master
I don't see what else you would mean, what is wrong with him staying at Zicore's the night before he showers/rides with Gary?(omg not shower WITH Gary, you get the point) Zicore said he still has room for more people to come and chill and play smash. It isn't that much harder for Fade to hang out there, especially since he doesn't plan to take a shower, and then he just has to walk a block to get to Gary's place for shower/ride.

If I'm still missing something, then I'm sorry I fail to see it, but I don't see what other point you're trying to reiterate.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
yeah and you have the power to summon cars to do your bidding, all kinds of bs are on your side.
Everyone know's that vino is just magic, no matter how bad you're beating him, you will lose, because he controlls the things around him. Controllers, DI's, CARS. I once heard that when he rested someone 4 times in a row, the guys controller EXPLODED. No Lie.

EDIT: Woah, I forgot I posted before, Vino Magic.

Vino Magic Johns.

Top Bottom