• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Circuit Event] **Fuhgeddaboudit 2** 9/29 Oshkosh, WI

Zicore

Smash Champion
toecutter, I understand. And I somewhat agree with you. It would be better if he did stay at Garys. I mean, i don't care if he comes here and smashes a little bit, but he should stay at garys. 2 less mouths to feed. And sago has a big mouth...him and Fade challenged me and KSSB to a teams match...$5...If I am not mistaken.

ButI would like to ask people if they would be so kind as to donate a dollar to the breakfast fund in the morning. For doughnuts and milk. It would help out a lot.

ALSO! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!! PEOPLE!!! BRING TOWELS, SHAMPOO, DEODERANT, BLANKETS, PILLOWS, AND DEODERANT!!!!!

Oh...and DEODERANT! I swear, if I have to go through another FC6...I am gonna cry...

also, toecutter, you are also more then welcome to come over and smash on fri/sat.

Zjiin

Smash Master
If anyone is up for MM'ing let me know. I should have some money to gamble with for this one. the only thing is i do not do pre-set character match ups. Just best of 3, whatever vs whatever. (tournament rules which means you can double blind me if you want)

The only one i have going so far is a $1 match with ChronoSquare.

People who are exempt from this:
♥ Tink
♥ Eddie

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
You'd be surprised who would not show up to this tourney if we had this rule. Sadly, 50% of smashers don't take showers. Luckily, I do.
Yeah tell me about it. Some of the people I've sat next to..... PHEW! It forces me to SD to get the match over faster.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Okay guys, I have a few updates.

First off is Subway. The Subway is a block past the venue if you're coming from Highway 41, on 110 Wisconsin Street.

I just purchased 120 coupons for 6 inch subs, so if we get around 60 people that's a footlong for everyone. I was expecting around 60 people but if we get more we can flex the coupon amount on the fly. They ended up costing more than I was hoping for... so, if it seems obvious we'll have more than 60 people, anybody who knows they can be satiated by one 6'', I wont ask you to take just one seeing as how you're allowed two regardless, but I would appreciate it.
Also, to avoid huge lines, please use your coupons as soon as is convenient once you are knocked out of the Teams tournament. There's no way they can handle 60 people at once.

Second is pool captains. I want to do Round Robin for both teams and singles, but the only way we'll have enough time to do RR for both is if we have a smooth operation with some knowledgeable captains. Anyone who knows ahead of time that they'd like to help run a pool, please let me know! :)

The third thing, which is some bad news, is that Pick n Save ditched us on the sponsorship for stupid reasons. So no free junk food :( There will still be soda for free, thankfully :)

Does anybody else have any last minute questions? If anybody needs directions on their way or has other questions you can call me at 920-277-8083 . I'll be there first thing in the morning tomorrow, with 3 setups and my computer. Fudge butt **** is almost here!

Tink

Smash Hero
but how can you murder something thats too ugly to look at. once you see me, its over for you. even from behind, you get that ugly hair and its done. what up!

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
I'll take a free stab....
I'll also be coming, even though I'm late on the knowledge about it. I mean, 9-10 blocks, not that bad, I guess. I'll probably only bring a cube, and power strip(s). No melee tho, so, maybe I won't, idk.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Oh sorry fpor double-posting but I have a set-up (no TV) as well, with two good controllers.
That's perfect actually. My roommate decided after I had gone home yesterday that he'd rather not I take his Wii, and I'm running late as it is - I could run home to grab my own gamecube, but since you've got a set-up - 1 TV, it all works out in the end. :)

Thanks for saving me the drive!

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Hayate thank you from mentioning that now I remembered we have an unused power strip I can bring. The cord is pretty short though, so an extension cord might come in handy.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
That's perfect actually. My roommate decided after I had gone home yesterday that he'd rather not I take his Wii, and I'm running late as it is - I could run home to grab my own gamecube, but since you've got a set-up - 1 TV, it all works out in the end. :)

Thanks for saving me the drive!
Sweet you're welcome!

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
::::ZICORE ZICORE ZICORE ZICORE ZICORE ZICORE::::

(just had to make sure you saw it) Is there any way I can take a bus or something to Ethan's late the night before the tourney (tonight?) Before I leave I challenge you to a Peach ditto, though! Do you accept?

YAY for my 99th post!!!! W00T!!!!! (<- more than four exclaimation points = insane)

Sliq

Smash Master
but how can you murder something thats too ugly to look at. once you see me, its over for you. even from behind, you get that ugly hair and its done. what up!
God****it, Tink. Why didn't you just NOT post. Then I wouldn't have to murder you.

punkonjunk

Smash Cadet
NNID
punkonjunk
3DS FC
3480-2775-5641
Switch FC
Sw-7819-1079-8971
oh god ****it. I wish I hadn't found out about this the DAY BEFORE IT HAPPENS. I work tomarrow, but I may come tomarrow to speculate, if that's alright.

Hey though, I want to get involved in this again. I friend of mine got all riled up for tournement play, so I did, too.

Zicore

Smash Champion
sync...no...but if you want to stay at Ethans...umm...stay there sat. If you want to drive there, be my guest. I know I am not gonna set anything up. Idk why you wouldn't want to just stay here. We won't hurt you...well...maybe EoF will...beware of him.

Oh, and I got plenty of extension cords, and one or two power strips.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Hey Zicore i got some bad news. I hate to do this to guys but Team Experience >Random Teamzies. I'm going to team with BigC on this one, since we've teamed before and did well. Not that i think you really care too much since there will be plenty of people there who need a teammate and we are just a random partnership here. I made BigC come and he only wanted to come with a team mate. I didn't want you give the WI curse of team break-ups, but this is just love for ma boy.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
hey we'r all a little messexd up and it might be hard to get there by 11, we plan to wake up by 8 but i know from experinece things never go as planned so if we cdont' arrive by 11 can you wait for us and everyone from illionis thx bye

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
TEAMS:
East Coast Sucks, Tink+Viperboy 1st place -- $340
Beauty and the BEAST - Eddie and 5150 - $180
Team Teflon needs a bigger afro - Aaron&Chexr - $60
crashmaniacs - crash/mundungadoodledoo $0
Dog Law #7 - Eighteenspikes, JamesSparrow - $0.00

Singles
Tink - $400
Viperboy - $200
Aaron - $100
Eddie - $50
5th - Crashman I think?? he won nothing

28 teams, 58 singles participants

Nomek has full results (thx for running Brackets nomek <3). I took lotsa videos, for sure we got finals for singles and teams.

I'm not going to make a shoutout thread or a results thread considering pretty much everyone who knew about this tourney knew about it through this thread, so post your shouts here. I'll post some tomorrow after I sleep.

Before that though, I'd really like to say thanks to everyone who put up with some of the hold-ups today. For those who didn't hear about the issues we had this morning (read: those who weren't within earshot of me *****ing all day), here's the story: UWO CANCELED THE TOURNAMENT. I came in at about 9:10 to see BZZL and Haus standing outside of the locked doors to room 201. Confused, I went to the help desk where they told me the tournament was moved to a different building, for no reason. The help desk girl then walkie-talked someone who said "scratch that, the entire things canceled", so they wanted us to all go home apparently. The room I reserved 3 months ago, and which I have been in close contact with the reservations department for, was canceled and NOBODY KNEW WHO DID IT OR WHY.

So after dealing with their bull**** for over an hour, we finally got another room set up. So I was pretty unorganized for most of the tournament due to a huge cut in time. That's why I seeded teams alphabetically (which created one semi-stacked pool, sorry), and that's why we had to skip singles pools. In the end, the best teams won and I hope that everyone got their moneys worth. Which reminds me, you know that soda we were supposed to get for free? That got canceled too, so it's a **** good thing I felt a hunch to buy 10 cases of soda this morning with my own money. Also crews took a while to get started because we just didn't have the right equipment to split the signal to 3 sources even though I reaaally really wanted to, again I'm sorry, but I hope to God that ChronoSquare took some good video. ANYWAYS.

Thanks for coming, everyone. Even with all of the bull****, craziness, and work I went through to get Fudgebutttits2 off the ground, I had a TON of fun, and I really hope everyone else did too. Post up!

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
YEAH SHOUTOUTS FROM ONE OF THOSE JANESVILLE GUYS!!!!!

Puffinator: DUDE!!! Our Jigglypuff team rocks house mang yeah!!!!!!!!

Mudungu: We exchanged a few words and that was about it. Should have gotten in some friendlies.

Eighteen Spikes: refer to the Mudungu shout out.

James Sparrow: refer to the Eighteen Spikes shout out.

LoneJedi: refer to the James Sparrow shout out.

Quaz: refer to the LoneJedi shout out.

Crashman: Screw you dude. I just wanted to know where the freakin Subway was. You like...didn't say a single word to me the entire time.

Sauce: Like I said, you were the reason why I even went to this tournament. You are my smash idol. Thank you for all that you've done.

5150: I want your hat.

If you're offended that you didn't make my shout-out list then I am truly sorry. Its not a big deal though...remember, I'm that guy from Janesville.

Top Bottom