• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Nabster92

Smash Cadet
BurntsockZ vs Chromeo 2009!

With Nabil guest-star!
Lolwat.

Anyways, I gotta go back to my internetless apartment now so I won't be able to check back here anymore, but if anyone would be able to pick me up from the UCSD area (Costa Verde apartments) to go to Havok's tomorrow, gimme a call. 818-309-9482.

Awex

Smash Lord
SOMEONE PICK UP NABIL. THAT GUY IS LIKE TOTALLY COOL.

Socks does not appreciate Chromeo. :[

****, Modest Mouse and Cake were there? I think I missed out on more than I thought. =(

D

Deleted member

My friend who was a fan of chromeo said it wasnt that good, and i thot i was terrible.
I only dislike music if its bad :p

Crookers

Smash Cadet
Hello. I live in San Diego (North County actually) and I really want to get involved in competitive smash. Would this be the right place to do that?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'm kinda new to this.

Awex

Smash Lord
We have a tournament tomorrow all the way down in Chula Vista. This regular series is the most active tournament series in San Diego right now, so definitely where you want to start.

Hope you can make it! We're all very friendly. ;p

Crookers

Smash Cadet
Cool, I'd really like to go tomorrow, but unfortunately I don't have a car. Does anyone live up in the North County area (Poway to be exact) or above there that I could possibly carpool with? I'll pay for gas if that's an issue.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Oh, I'll be bringing my whole setup with me, including a copy of BBrawl. If anybody's interested in it, I'd be totally open to showing you all how it's changed, as well as collecting feedback.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Nefarious B, I go to UCSD, so if you ever want to smash (Melee or Brawl) just like, message me up. And if you're really cool, I'll spend the night at your on-campus housing because I have to commute and I'd rather sleep on campus. Don't worry. This set-up will be temporary until I find someone else to leech off of.

Seriously though, some of us do go to UCSD, and tons of people at UCSD play Smash. Message us when you start school. It's always good to have friends at a new campus, especially if you've moved from faraway.
Cool sounds good, I'm from SF and I've already met a few people from socal at CGC, Genesis, and BIO, but I def. look forward to having a good time with you guys and meeting more of you.

And Oats your lucas is amazing, I remember watching you beat Meep's MK on RC in CGC X pools and being embarrassed for norcal (he was our #1 PR at the time).

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
And Oats your lucas is amazing, I remember watching you beat Meep's MK on RC in CGC X pools and being embarrassed for norcal (he was our #1 PR at the time).
D'aaaaawwwwwwwww. <3. (With a spike, I might add, and I ***** his Snake on Smashville[/bragging])

Don't tell Fierce.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
So, anybody else here seen District Nine yet? I just got back from watching it, and ****, it was a good movie. The thing that really struck me and everybody else, though, was how **** messy it was.

Crookers

Smash Cadet
I saw it. And I thought it was awesome. It puts a lot of other sci-fi movies to shame with its pure intensity. Also, i agree with that messy feel they gave it; I thought it made it seem a lot more real.

(Anyways, I guess I'll just wait till next time..)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Ooh, it is an honor to have my spirit channeled from the one-and-only Awex! <3

Hi, Typh! <3

Havok! Pink Wii hiding spots! <3

Hi, Crookers! I live in Rancho Bernardo, and I'd be happy to give you a ride sometime! :]
I'm not going to be able to make it to the tournament today (birthday-party johns), but you're more than welcome to hitch a ride with me next time! <3

---

San Diego Love! is amazing. <3

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yo Havok, I lost my phone and I can't find it..... :( I looked here at my house and I can't find it so it might be at your house. Can you please check for me??? Its a Blue phone that has a keyboad on it and its the Pantech Duo if you wanna get technical with the name and its an AT&T phone BTW..... So if you can please check for me I would appreciate that!!!

Thanks!!!

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Sorry I left without saying anything. I didn't really get a chance to get acquainted with everyone, but I had fun. I'll definitely think about coming to another one.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Nice to see all the new faces! JUST got home so here's mini-shoutouts

Fooly- Your friend and you were pretty quiet, but seemed very cool! You have potential, just work with Havok some time. Btw, the Beer thing was pretty funny. And Convoy IS annoying.

Union- Sorry, what was your tag? Were you that Seiji fellow?

I can't remember results past Top 4.

1. Havok
2. Nyjin
3. AC
4. Hall

I think Stauffy and Burntsockz were 5th/6th, but not sure.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see all the new faces! JUST got home so here's mini-shoutouts

Fooly- Your friend and you were pretty quiet, but seemed very cool! You have potential, just work with Havok some time. Btw, the Beer thing was pretty funny. And Convoy IS annoying.

I can't remember results past Top 4.

1. Havok
2. Nyjin
3. AC
4. Hall

I think Stauffy and Burntsockz were 5th/6th, but not sure.
LOL, no one wins, to bad i wanted to win the bet. still we are pretty acuarate.

Edit: BTW we also predicted Havok's and Hall's placing. =)
But not Nyjin's placing. =/

D

Deleted member

That would be pretty silly if i got 5th xD
I think i got 7th, unless the turnout was really that small.

That was fun even though i had to leave early.
Stupid AP econ homework =/
Cocky falco player is cocky.

Nabil's spikes are amazing
The end =)

foOly_wk

Smash Rookie
Nyjin what was your tag? I dont remember seeing any Falcos today.. But yeah, I just had those beers just sitting in my car and thought I might share em with you guys but I guess nobody wanted any, haha. Havok's place is pretty far from me but I'd love to get in some practice with him seeing as how I dont have a wii and barely get to play. And dude Convoy is sick, DONT TALK ****.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Yeah that was me.

I didn't catch the name of my doubles partner. He plays a really great Lucario. I felt kind of bad for performing so poorly. It took me a while to get back into the groove.

.AC.

Smash Lord
Yo Havok, I lost my phone and I can't find it..... :( I looked here at my house and I can't find it so it might be at your house. Can you please check for me??? Its a Blue phone that has a keyboad on it and its the Pantech Duo if you wanna get technical with the name and its an AT&T phone BTW..... So if you can please check for me I would appreciate that!!!

Thanks!!!
hmm aparently mario lost his glasses too :(

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
My tag, Fooly? I use random tags. That day I was mainly using the "Yuri!" tag. I was the asian boy with the black/yellow polo on.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Good times, per usual. You guys thought I quit your community?! Don't get it twisted I'll still come around I probably will just play friendlies or LOL RANDUMBDUBLEZ because singles will drive a girl to madness.

>;[

In other news, Oats, can I take control of the blog? It's been so lonely.

Stauffy, too good.

Top Bottom