• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Hey San Diegans. Apparently this is the closest smash event to where I live (Encinitas). I've never played in a tournament before, but I'm really wanting to play with some live people. Do you think this could be for me?

PS: The heat is killing me too.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be heading down to SD for school mid september, and I def. want to go to some of these cause Havok's a cool guy and needs to teach me how to beat MK.

Is there easy public transporation from UCSD to your house? I won't have a car so unless I can get a ride from someone else at the school Ima need to take a bus.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
It's a long drive to get from UCSD to Chula Vista. I would think at LEAST 2 hours. I believe you should talk to Underwing (what happened to her?) or BurntsockZ since they live in the area.[SockZ is more consistent with appearances.]

Good luck with learning the MK matchup from Havok. I've been playing it with him forever and he's always up in my George Foreman.

Havok, I'm going to be with a friend for a little while so just text me with the details and call me in the morning if we've decided on going. If not I'm getting my beauty ZZZ's. (Zero Zero Zoot Samuses)

D

Deleted member

O lordy, its not 2 hours xD. More like 30-45 minutes.
Depends on where u are in UCSD i'd think, but i live like 5 minutes from there and its not too bad.

Street scene was increadible, i didnt see hall and/or oats tho =(

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Bone, teach me to Peach!
vs. fox - wave dash backandforth till they mess up their spacing and downsmash appropriately.

vs. marth - di all his grabs correctly.

vs. doc - b-air destroys his approaches.

vs. falco - pressure.

vs. peach - experience + feeling out the other peach.

vs. ganondorf - close in on his space when he's landing from his jumps.

vs. pikachu - dont get electrified.

vs. shiek - dont get grabbed.

vs. falcon - dash dance camp him.

vs. jiggs - dont play mango's

vs. ice climbers - twirl.

vs. samus - is hard.

belbzm

Smash Rookie
wow

Cheapest Gold @ www.Belrion.com
10kGold for 62usd ! Secure Manual Powerlevel + Cheap Accounts Too !
While Stock Last ^^
Paypal World Seller + Macfee Secured Site ^^
USE WOW GOLD COUPON CODE for 5% Bonus: wow2277

Hall

Smash Ace
Is there easy public transporation from UCSD to your house? I won't have a car so unless I can get a ride from someone else at the school Ima need to take a bus.
Bus is a long commute. Two hours sounds about right. One by bus and one by trolley. You're better off finding a carpool buddy.

And no, we didn't pre-reg Phear. These kind of things always sneak up on me

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Nefarious B, I go to UCSD, so if you ever want to smash (Melee or Brawl) just like, message me up. And if you're really cool, I'll spend the night at your on-campus housing because I have to commute and I'd rather sleep on campus. Don't worry. This set-up will be temporary until I find someone else to leech off of.

Seriously though, some of us do go to UCSD, and tons of people at UCSD play Smash. Message us when you start school. It's always good to have friends at a new campus, especially if you've moved from faraway.

Union of Darkness: Chula Vista/San Diego tournies are just for you and they're really fun if you're friendly and cool. The drive would be killer since you're in Encinitas, but it's worth it if you want to learn the game.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Union of Darkness: Chula Vista/San Diego tournies are just for you and they're really fun if you're friendly and cool. The drive would be killer since you're in Encinitas, but it's worth it if you want to learn the game.
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll come to next one and see how things go. It's still scheduled for tomorrow right?

Also, should I sign up at AllisBrawl and add myself to the attendee list?

Nabster92

Smash Cadet
Would anyone happen to be able to pick me up from La Jolla/UCSD for tomorrow? :D

Edit: My number is 818-309-9482. Might not be able to get online later this evening.

D

Deleted member

I saw matt and kim (omg the mosh pit was intenseeee lol i was so scared), then we went to cake and that was really good too, much better live, and then we went to uhh chromeo for a few (that was awful). Then we went to girltalk and that was amazing also =D

Whod you guys see, i didnt see you guys, altho i guess its kinda hard to find people lol.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I saw matt and kim (omg the mosh pit was intenseeee lol i was so scared), then we went to cake and that was really good too, much better live, and then we went to uhh chromeo for a few (that was awful). Then we went to girltalk and that was amazing also =D

Whod you guys see, i didnt see you guys, altho i guess its kinda hard to find people lol.
Hey, you like Cake too? Awesome.

D

Deleted member

I dont like their recorded stuff that much but live they are better.
I think its cuz the bass is like much more epic live and the trumpet too :p

Awex

Smash Lord
I'm gonna wait for Slick/Marco's opinion on Chromeo. (Assuming one of you went to see them.)

Wish I coulda gone. D:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah I wanted to go as well. Being poor atm blows.
Oooo public transportation...
Yea that would take a while xD
Yeah dude, I take public transportation (I actually like it) whenever I'm too lazy to drive. It does take a while to get from UCSD to Havok's pad.

Take the 34 to Fashion Valley. Take the green line to Old Town then yo take the blue line to palomar. Getting off on palomar take the 712 to the stop near Havok's pad (second stop after Nacion ave) just walk a bit walk towards the similar looking houses that are nearby and presto you're there.
about 2 hours like people have mentioned.

Welcome to the local board Nefarious B and Union.

lol just run in to the mosh pit and kick someone in the face Yoshi Nair style. Cake is hit and miss but my taste in music is weird (and Typh approved) so yeah. Did you see Nortec collective?

D

Deleted member

Chromeo was teerrrible lol.
I didnt see nortec collective. I didnt know any of the bands there, so i just went with my friends cuz they seemed to know who was good and that.

D

Deleted member

I am but i dont think my dad will let me take someone else with + im gonna be at my dads which is in mission hills anyways.

sorry :(

Hall

Smash Ace
I saw matt and kim (omg the mosh pit was intenseeee lol i was so scared), then we went to cake and that was really good too, much better live, and then we went to uhh chromeo for a few (that was amazing and I'm a stupid kid). Then we went to girltalk and that was amazing also =D

We wanted to get up close to Chromeo so we arrived for Mastadon halfway through. Those guys put on a great show. I was hoping for some Triceratops or Saber Tooth Tiger but alas. Chromeo put on a great show (I'm told they usually do) and the audience made it great. After Chromeo Oats wanted to see Modest Mouse so we headed to the Fulana. He somehow got close to the front. After Modest Mouse I dragged him away from Black Eyed Peas for the Chromeo after party (which was even better).

Top Bottom