• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
Aww, I guess no KoF from me this week. Didn't expect one this Sunday. Have three birthdays to attend. :O

And yay Stauffy's back.

Rickety

Peace and Love
oh-so-happy.

I love San Diego so, so much! <3
You guys are so amazing!
I wish I could be at least one-sixth as cool as you guys (even
though my unintentional MySpace pictures are pretty spiffy. . .)

---

Typh! <3

Yay! Yay! Yay!
Happy! Happy! Happy! <3

Too amazing.

<3

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
Refering to the best player in our region, are we talking about DSF? I've seen his videos, I think I'm terrified of him. I also saw that ranking thing on the first page. #1, Figures.

Oh yeah, I didnt mean to make it sound as if socializing was a bad thing. BTW, what is the girl to guy ratio? haha.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Hey TsNmi, well don't be afraid of DSF, afterall, we press buttons for a hobby lol.
We have an amateur bracket for those that aren't ranked in our Local area (San Diego) =)

Well as for the ratio, it varies...

Technically...we have like 3-4 girls...LOL.

We see Nezumi pretty often.

Where's somiyah anyways?

Well don't be discouraged or anything, everyone's very friendly.

Awex

Smash Lord
うそじゃないよ。サンヂィゴはやさしいですよ。マイケルさんを聞きません。マイケルさんはとても馬鹿なニッガだ。wwwwwwwwww

Soid

Smash Journeyman
COME TOMORROW PEOPLE TO THE TJ TOURNAMENT!!

=P afterparty on Chez/Porky you can stay on my place if you want to!!

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Awex and Havok are right, the community arround here is great TsNmi. There are some girls that play but only like 3 (like Havok mentioned previously) so we would all appreciate it if you could bring some to increase the female attendance. lol
DSF is pretty good (#1 in socal) but some of our guys have beaten him before.
those power rankings r wrong, i should be first
Tell him Samuel!

COME TOMORROW PEOPLE TO THE TJ TOURNAMENT!!
=P afterparty on Chez/Porky you can stay on my place if you want to!!
last time I hit up porkys (not that recently) some dude tried to sell me coke. lol
Soid, guarda mi DSi muy bien. =P

EDIT: TsNimi are you the dude from sunday??

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Update for Chula Vista XXX:

This tourney is being postponed to June 20th. June 6th is turning out to be a very bad date. Sorry guys, if you made plans.

.AC.

Smash Lord
Awex and Havok are right, the community arround here is great TsNmi. There are some girls that play but only like 3 (like Havok mentioned previously) so we would all appreciate it if you could bring some to increase the female attendance. lol
DSF is pretty good (#1 in socal) but some of our guys have beaten him before.

Tell him Samuel!

last time I hit up porkys (not that recently) some dude tried to sell me coke. lol
Soid, guarda mi DSi muy bien. =P

EDIT: TsNimi are you the dude from sunday??
oooh so getting agressive?money match at the following games:

mario kart
mario party1
martyo party2
mario tennis

ssbb

Soid

Smash Journeyman
LOL Havok si vienes mañana ya sabes donde esta el cecut??!? si no nomas dile al taxiste que te deje en el cecut es una bola gigante lol i ahi buscas donde esta Smash y ya estaremos ahi desde las 9 ocupan estar antes de las 12 raaato

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Charter Bus from San Diego to NorCal.

Hey, so I have a pretty good idea for Genesis. I'm pretty sure that the less people that drive the better, and we always boast that we're the best community in Southern California. So, if we think we're so hot, why not prove it? I'm going to look into renting a charter bus that leaves from San Diego, and will take us to Genesis, and then bring us back. And this charter bus will also pick up people in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, etc on the way. So not only will San Diego be rolling deep, we'll take all of SoCal smash with us.

First off I need to know if anyone has the hook-ups on charter buses, secondly I need POSITIVE/DEFINITE interest in doing something like this. 40 or so people saying they want to do it and willing to pay in advance would be very nice. I'll look into that, and maybe setting up a paypal account.

So... who is down?

Corrupted Mind

Smash Cadet
Oats id for sure be down. That sounds awesome.

and TsNmi this really is a friendly community. I started going not too long ago and they have all been nothing but nice. I'm positive that they would extend the same generosity to you as well.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
(as long as you don't drive like a fool.. dreamhack, underwing )..
Hey man, one effing time. Seriously. I still blame Nuke on that one, and he wasn't even there.

>.>

Anyway, SUP SD!?!?11/1oneoneoneslash

I've been crazy busy with school lately, plus I've gotten into SFIV, so I haven't had too much time for smash (I know, no johns). This summer I should be able to make a lot more of the weeklies/OOT tournies, and I'll be able to help drive (as long as you fsckers stay awake, ya jerks). I miss playing competitive anything, and as much as SFIV online is fun... nothing beats hanging with you guys. Hope I'll be able to see ya'll soon.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Hey, so I have a pretty good idea for Genesis. I'm pretty sure that the less people that drive the better, and we always boast that we're the best community in Southern California. So, if we think we're so hot, why not prove it? I'm going to look into renting a charter bus that leaves from San Diego, and will take us to Genesis, and then bring us back. And this charter bus will also pick up people in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, etc on the way. So not only will San Diego be rolling deep, we'll take all of SoCal smash with us.

First off I need to know if anyone has the hook-ups on charter buses, secondly I need POSITIVE/DEFINITE interest in doing something like this. 40 or so people saying they want to do it and willing to pay in advance would be very nice. I'll look into that, and maybe setting up a paypal account.

So... who is down?
I'm down. Count me in on this thing.

Hey guys we could put wiis and connect them to those little TVs in the charter bus and play Brawl on the way up.

D

Deleted member

PARTY BUSSSS!!!
Havok/Oats, can i enter amateur bracket if i go all link?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
For a charter bus for 54 people, the total comes down to around $55~$60 per person. I just got the quote from 5-Star. If anyone knows of any cheaper rental spots (I hear these guys are the cheapest) then please do not hesitate to bring one up. But at $55~$60 a person, I'd say it's a good deal. Not only do usual car rides normally cost anywhere from $30 - $40 in gas per individual, a 54 person charter bus at least insures that almost anyone gets to go, and no one has to worry about driving. There is also a restroom on the bus and you're spending the time with a bunch of smashers.

Sooo... who is down?

$BONE$

Smash Ace
The bus sounds like it would be quite the experience.

On a much more unanticipated and depressing note, Mama Oats, Papa Hall? Can I have a ride to the weekly tomorrow please? Don't forget about the blacky. *Crickets*

Oh, and Rickety, I'll be making a blog post tonight about the other night. Photos and all attached. (on SD smash, if i still have posting priv)

Soid

Smash Journeyman
Updates!! Grand Finals Singles Havok Vs Tkd

Doubles Winners Finals Tkd And Soid Vs Ac Havok

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman
I'll totally go if I can scrounge up the cash to by then D: It's probably the hotel costs and all the other expenses that'll dry me out.

(just made a new account to avoid confusion as to who the hell abortion doc is btw >_>

Plus I didn't like that name anymore anyhow)

**Havok**

Smash Lord
hey guys! Bring your wii's/tv's tomorrow! Plz!

Tj tournament was fun, saw everyone again, lost to tkd lol

Me and AC won doubles and DS's =) yay good **** AC. Wario/Snake FTW.

Oats im down for the charter bus. Remeber people, that price IS NOT steep because you'd be paying that much for gas on the way up...and the way back. ANNNND we get a bunch of people to hang out with.

Oats, make a blog about it and lets link everyone in SoCal about it.

Top Bottom