• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

D

Deleted member

If anyone is lookin to dabble in yoshi for some dumb reason, i can help you not suck with him as much :)

Rickety

Peace and Love
It's so. . . EMOTIONAL. Adam & Adam

For you, Bone, anything.

Why is the smash community so awesome? I love you guys so much, it's kinda a lot.

Yay! There might be Quizno's space for me! :]

Oh by the way:

Does anyone remember this?

I actually got asked by the owner of that place to hold another tournament there, this time for Brawl.

Bone, Socks and MogX are the only ones that were there that still play Brawl (I think), do you guys think it'd be a swell idea? Or was it not so great?

Let me know. :]

TKD

Smash Lord
I'm not sure most of us know where that went on, Rick. I know I don't. But people will always go to Brawl tourneys. I say make it sound like it's an important and unique event, and charge a venue fee =)

15 days until I can revisit Chula Vista.

D

Deleted member

Daaaaang!!!
I was so tiny then :p I feel so big haha.
That was my first tournament, and i had a lot of fun with it. There were a ton of setups and it was pretty fun cuz it was small but not too small where it was cramped.

Lez doo it

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Haha, the "emotional" tourney. Did you take those pictures Rickety? That dude's always at Comic Con with his wares. At least I'm in one of those pixsies. :p

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman

Does anyone remember this?

I actually got asked by the owner of that place to hold another tournament there, this time for Brawl.

Bone, Socks and MogX are the only ones that were there that still play Brawl (I think), do you guys think it'd be a swell idea? Or was it not so great?

Let me know. :]

That was my first tournament, i would totally go, wow i sucked (still do)...

Awex

Smash Lord
lol little socks at an old melee tournament? random.

Rickety needs to go back in time and take pictures from that artifex games tournament. ;D

$BONE$

Smash Ace
LOL. Wtf. That's ridiculously old. I dont remember Burntsockz being there at all. Thats when I first met MogX and Oria

Aww. Asp and I. :3

Date: November 23, 2007
Organizer(s): Rickety + Kyubi

1: Bone
2: Rickety

3: Oria
4: Zack353
5: MogX

5: Jesse1000
7: Doodles
7: ASP
9: Zephyr
9: Dayu
9: J Flo
9: Anto
13: Juice
13: Daniel Bean
13: Tp_Fox
13: LHG

17: Brian
17: Vader
17: Jordan Sheline
17: Darren
17: Bean Bressler
17: Kyubi
17: Katz
17: Michael ?
25: L
25: Alex S.
25: Christian Gomez
25: Alex
25: Stephen Wilkinson

D

Deleted member

Yea they said write ur name and i thought they meant real name. And apperantly my u's looked like n's so yea...
im bean bressler beetches.

Rickety

Peace and Love
We're pretty good company.

I'm not sure most of us know where that went on, Rick. I know I don't. But people will always go to Brawl tourneys. I say make it sound like it's an important and unique event, and charge a venue fee =)
Oh, you and Soid didn't go to that one. This was November 2007(after OC3 and our amazing dinner:

Too Good! How come I'm always in the bathroom/tying my shoe/dropped-off-the-face--of-the-earth every time we take pictures? Years of Smashing, and no pictures of hideous ol' me. Anyway:

I picked up Mog and Oria from the Border that day.

I love Mr. TKD! Let's have ice-cream and go to Red-Robin again, yeah? We'll even give Edrees another merry unbirthday!

Daaaaang!!!
I was so tiny then :p I feel so big haha.
That was my first tournament, and i had a lot of fun with it. There were a ton of setups and it was pretty fun cuz it was small but not too small where it was cramped.

Lez doo it
Yeah, that was a nice tournament. I wasn't supposed to run it (Kyubi was), but by the end of the day I had ran both brackets and helped with cleanup! I went in there a little while ago to let my visiting cousins get their old-school on, and the owner recognized me and asked me to host a whole series of tournaments for him. I told him that I'd think about it. San Diego already has some very amazing weeklies, so any other weeklies/monthlies seem a bit much. Maybe we'll do one odd one here or there, yeah? I'm afraid if I don't throw at least one he'll get pretty emotional if ya' know what I mean :-P

Haha, the "emotional" tourney. Did you take those pictures Rickety? That dude's always at Comic Con with his wares. At least I'm in one of those pixsies. :p
It's LHG! You thread-stalker, you. <3

No, I didn't take those pictures, actually. They came from the myspace of the venue itself. It was one of the first things to pop up when I typed in San Diego Melee Tournament. I was actually searching for a Doubles tournament that supposed to happen tonight in Temecula.

HAZE IS BACK

too late ajax
HAZE SANDBAGS

too late rickety

lol little socks at an old melee tournament? random.

Rickety needs to go back in time and take pictures from that artifex games tournament. ;D
Yes! That was an amazing tournament; I got to meet so many lovely people there! Like, you should have seen it, there was, like, some newb there named Alex Wooton, I don't know how he did in the bracket, but like I don't think he was very goodz. But now I hear he's like super-amazing and stuff and can beat the guy that beat Azen! Have you heard of him? I heard he's cute! <3

---

Bone! Post the team results! We had the best team name ever for that tournament! <3

Remember what that one guy with the cat was looking at on one of the computers?

TKD

Smash Lord
I love Mr. TKD! Let's have ice-cream and go to Red-Robin again, yeah? We'll even give Edrees another merry unbirthday!
hahaha I didn't remember the birthday thing! Did you get to overhear us talking to Blitz about letting him star in a mexican film? Some funny stuff went on that day!

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I hate Meta Knight

@ Fierce: West Hollywood? Have you been to the Abbey? That place is amazing!

@ Bone: Hey, I have some "Learn in Your Car" Japanese CD's, along with the booklets, if you'd like them. They sit in my room, collecting dust.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
HAvok I hear you go to my college?

May 1st, they are having a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament in the bowling & games center. Starts at 9:30PM. It will be some iffy rules (last time they had it it was round-robin, 3 stock, agreed stage selection, one tv) but it's a way to win a gift card or something haha.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I hate Meta Knight

@ Fierce: West Hollywood? Have you been to the Abbey? That place is amazing!
Oh dear, I loved the Abbey. I usually prefer it over RAGE since I knew the Manager there. <3

Leaving tomorrow morning for Culver City...packing right now.
Don't forget the fudge.

I think my car is full but I know Soid & Geo need rides. *Looks at Hall&Oats (cd)

& Oh yes. After Quiznos.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Fierce, dahling, I think you should post who is riding wif you because I'm not. And I'm leaving from La Jolla, so I cannot give anyone a ride unless they agree to meet me there.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Cheeri-Oats, dahling, that idea is a stone winner. My car seats 5 including my gorgeousness.

1. Fierce
2. Havok
3. Bone
4. Rickety
5. Awex
6. Ajax (Havok is getting the RSVP from him) If not Ajax then Geo.

Soid said Hall is coming with me which I am kind of confused about since Hall told me he has work on Saturday. Or did he say he has work on Saturday because he's seeing someone else?! OMG Caught up! Don't make me bust the windows out your car.

Awex

Smash Lord
Is Ajax in our carpool or not? Founder of the fanclub wants to know. xD

Also, are we all gathering at havok's or anything tomorrow night? I've been sick all this week, so unless there's a big shindig going on, just wanna take it easy before the weekend, in which case I'd need to be picked up saturday morning.

lemme know. =)

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Chula Vista XXX

CHULA VISTA XXX
This time... it's sexy...

Ok everyone, I called Havok and I asked him if I could be in charge of this event, and I am, so it's going to happen for sure. So plan to have JUNE 6TH AND 7TH AVAILABLE. It may become a 2-Day Affair!

Here are things I'm going to look out for and need or work on.

- Venue
- At Least 2 Computers
- TVs, Wiis
- Powered Fans
- Microphone or a PA System
- Anything Else?

Right now, please do not ask about side events. Expect it to be Brawl Singles only, then side event priorities will be in this order as time and energy becomes available: Brawl Doubles; Melee Singles; Melee Doubles; Crews (Both Games); SF4; SSB64; Brawl+. We'll also try our best to bring back the mini-side events as well with prizes of their own: Low-Tiers (Brawl, Melee); Random Picks; Bowser Challenge

What to Expect:
- Cheap Venue Fee (No More than $5)
- Cheap Entry for Tourney (No More than $10)
- Amateur Bracket, Pro Bracket, maybe Qualifier Round
- Food Available
- Security + Check-In System
- Recording, Maybe Live-Stream
- Commemorative T-Shirts will be sold there.
- Housing for Out-Of-Towners
- It Will Be Fast: I will be personally in charge of the bracket and make sure it runs faster than any other major tournament you've been to or else you can no longer call me the Alpha Beast but rather the Beta Beast.
- Other Cool Little Things

Here is the All is Brawl Page
Soo.... who wants to help out?

Oh yeah, and Get Hype

Rickety

Peace and Love
Love Love San Diego Love ~

Cheeri-Oats, dahling, that idea is a stone winner. My car seats 5 including my gorgeousness.

1. Fierce
2. Havok
3. Bone
4. Rickety
5. Awex
6. Ajax (Havok is getting the RSVP from him) If not Ajax then Geo.
That carpool sounds amazing! I love you guys so much! <3

Hooray! for San Diego Love! ~

Awex

Smash Lord
Oats, I can provide 2 power strips, a box fan, a TV and a Wii.

Sounds awesome, though it seems a little strange to me to plan to have chula vista 30 in like 2 months after already having 29. Is there a better way to name our weeklies than 29.1 and so-on?

Stuff to talk about during the car ride tomorrow. =)

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
CHULA VISTA XXX
This time... it's sexy...

Ok everyone, I called Havok and I asked him if I could be in charge of this event, and I am, so it's going to happen for sure. So plan to have JUNE 6TH AND 7TH AVAILABLE. It may become a 2-Day Affair!

Here are things I'm going to look out for and need or work on.

- Venue
- At Least 2 Computers
- TVs, Wiis
- Powered Fans
- Microphone or a PA System
- Anything Else?

Right now, please do not ask about side events. Expect it to be Brawl Singles only, then side event priorities will be in this order as time and energy becomes available: Brawl Doubles; Melee Singles; Melee Doubles; Crews (Both Games); SF4; SSB64; Brawl+. We'll also try our best to bring back the mini-side events as well with prizes of their own: Low-Tiers (Brawl, Melee); Random Picks; Bowser Challenge

What to Expect:
- Cheap Venue Fee (No More than $5)
- Cheap Entry for Tourney (No More than $10)
- Amateur Bracket, Pro Bracket, maybe Qualifier Round
- Food Available
- Security + Check-In System
- Recording, Maybe Live-Stream
- Commemorative T-Shirts will be sold there.
- Housing for Out-Of-Towners
- It Will Be Fast: I will be personally in charge of the bracket and make sure it runs faster than any other major tournament you've been to or else you can no longer call me the Alpha Beast but rather the Beta Beast.
- Other Cool Little Things

Here is the All is Brawl Page
Soo.... who wants to help out?

Oh yeah, and Get Hype
<3 <3 <3

I'll help however I can Mista Oats.

Top Bottom