• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Soid

Smash Journeyman
HALL EL GRAN VERBO Y HUGS SHOULD COME TO TJ THIS SUNDAY MELEE TOURNAMENT HUGS YOU WANNA BE A SPECIAL SECRET GUESS AND WIN SOME PESOS IT WILL BE LIKE 30 DLLS maybe haha cuz the value of pesos to dollars and stuff

somiyah

Smash Journeyman
@ Hugs: *halo over head* you can be sure all ya want =>>>

HALL EL GRAN VERBO Y HUGS SHOULD COME TO TJ THIS SUNDAY MELEE TOURNAMENT HUGS YOU WANNA BE A SPECIAL SECRET GUESS AND WIN SOME PESOS IT WILL BE LIKE 30 DLLS maybe haha cuz the value of pesos to dollars and stuff
Hugs won't because he's too much of a cheap *** XD

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Daaaaaaayuuum. The problem with hosting the weeklies, Awex + Mario + Myself + Whoever, on our best days we get 30+ people, on our worst days, 12-16. I don't think anyone can consistently host that except for Havok. Though I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

HugeHo

Smash Cadet
Pero me dijiste que en Tijuana aye personas que matan por gusto. Haha. No me vale la pena hir por 30 pesos. Haha.

@ Hugs: *halo over head* you can be sure all ya want =>>>

Hugs won't because he's too much of a cheap *** XD
LoL, I'm sure. As sure as... nah I'll just keep it private.
And...I'm pretty sure I saved 30 smashers yesterday from having to wash dishes at IHOP. I covered a certain smasher's bill after he decided to dine and dash...

Cheap...nah. I just know where and how to spend my money.

Daaaaaaayuuum. The problem with hosting the weeklies, Awex + Mario + Myself + Whoever, on our best days we get 30+ people, on our worst days, 12-16. I don't think anyone can consistently host that except for Havok. Though I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.
Oats, that's BEFORE you had HugS coming to San Diego.
I also got fiction on board to show up as well.
I'll try to get it hyped up.
We got this.

Soid

Smash Journeyman
Pero me dijiste que en Tijuana aye personas que matan por gusto. Haha. No me vale la pena hir por 30 pesos. Haha.
nah es cura yo te cubro :D si quieres pasamos por ti y te regresamos :D solo para impresionar a mis amiguitos

**Havok**

Smash Lord
huh what's going on?? Why is Hugs posting like all the time now XD

sick *hit.

Anyways...

So after a brief discussion w my manager=

Many hours + many days = less smash

Request for permanent saturdays off = weeklies on saturdays in the nearby future??

Only time will tell.

It's winter break right now.

Who wants a weekly on friday?

seriously, im going to count the number of our regulars then see if we'll do one or not.

HugeHo

Smash Cadet

sick *hit.

Anyways...

Request for permanent saturdays off = weeklies on saturdays in the nearby future??

Only time will tell.

seriously, im going to count the number of our regulars then see if we'll do one or not.
IDK what's gotten into me man.

Like with the HugS account, I had to keep the name respectable. So I'd pop in like some omnipresent mother ****er who says wise/deep **** at the best moments. Not on purpose or anything. It just kind of worked out that way on its own.

Now, with my HugeHo account, I feel like a kid again. Just like Mango, I post whenever the hell I want, about nothing...

Like this post I just posted

Soid

Smash Journeyman
lol havokz u know u can count on tj players dunno about mogx but tkd and i yes huuugsss come to tj to the melee tournament :(

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
What. the. ****. Somiyah burns? Hugeho spams? Havok free on Saturdays? My apathy is scared.

Havok can't go to West Coast because of work. Neither can Hall. I'm not going to drive. I don't have cash. Soooo.... who from San Diego is going to go to WCSL? Doesn't look likely that anyone will. I'll look into hosting this coming Sunday and if not, Havok said Friday is going to be the day. Oh shnaps. Post reactions.

Soid

Smash Journeyman
What. the. ****. Somiyah burns? Hugeho spams? Havok free on Saturdays? My apathy is scared.

Havok can't go to West Coast because of work. Neither can Hall. I'm not going to drive. I don't have cash. Soooo.... who from San Diego is going to go to WCSL? Doesn't look likely that anyone will. I'll look into hosting this coming Sunday and if not, Havok said Friday is going to be the day. Oh shnaps. Post reactions.

Tj and probably Hugs cant play on sunday because there is a melee tournament on tj :(

DreamHack619

Smash Ace

sick *hit.

Anyways...

Only time will tell.

Seriously, I'm more free on Fridays than I am on Sundays now cause of work! So I would love to have the weeklies on a Friday..... Besides, I haven't been playing much cause of work/school. Plus, I'm starting to miss you *******s! LOL! :chuckle:

Yeah I would step up and drive SD up to WCSL but I couldn't get the days off! I work both Saturday and Sunday..... :(

But Please start hosting them on fridays! At least just for the winter break??? Also, since I can't go to WCSL I'm looking forward to the next big one, UCSD Winter Game Fest!!!! Oh Yeah Baby!!! ;)

Edit:
Congrats on TKD winning 1st place at Race's!!!!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
I'm suuuuuuuuper debating whether or not I'm going to WCSL now. 240 people are going to be there. That is toooo epic for me to pass up. If I am the beast-to-end-all-beasts I'd go to CV23 on Friday, drive up that night, and then come back Sunday morning.

Here's everything you need to know.

- I don't have money for anything other than gas, and maybe like three bucks for food or whatever. I don't expect to enter Brawl Singles so basically, whoever I go with, however long they last in tourney, that's as late as we're going to stay there, then we head back.

- Since my car has many miles on it, the only reason I've been reluctant to drive is to reduce the amount of miles I put on it. Therefore, I will not be driving around willy nilly for anything. It'll be a straight shot from wherever I am Friday night, to WCSL, sleep in the parking lot, then a straight shot back.

- I will not take just anyone on this trip. It's 8 ****ing hours of driving, and I only have 4 available seats. I have to know you well if I'm going to take you. And you have to be social and talkative because if I fall asleep on the wheel due to boredom, then it's your life, not mine because I'm invulnerable, and I can't say the same for everyone else.

- I want to money match Kato, a NorCal Lucas. Someone has to be willing to front the money for that. I can't be letting people think they're good with Low Tier. That's just stupid.

- You have to put up with my music. I won't put on anything weird, but it's my CD or bust. Unless you like interesting things. Then I'm pretty open.

- I need to see GENUINE interest. None of this bull****, "****, I wish I could go, maybe I'll call you when my grandma is done getting surgery, gee, but then again I need to check with my boss about stuff, oh well..." I might be doing this with zero-cash. If you want to go, you'll find a way. And once I see GENUINE interest I'll make my final decision on whether or not I'll go.

- If we do go, you have to call me Beast of all Beasts at least three times in a very positive context.

- And you need to read this ****ing post, because if I get a question that was answered here, then I'm not going to take you. I don't know if I'm going, I don't know when I'll get back, etc, etc. This is just pre-planning.

List of Interests
-
-
-
-

P.S. This post is serious in some parts, joking in others. I kind of wrote it in a way to stroke my own ego. I know this. I might sound like a ****, I know this. Be smart enough to know when I'm serious or kidding. And I reserve to right to pick favorites on who is coming. So if Burntsockz decided to join us, he gets a spot in and gets shotgun regardless of timing of posts or anything.

:O !!!! I'm horrible.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
Can't afford to go to WCSL, as awesome as that's sounding. Make sure, if you do go, to represent SoCal well!

I'm good for a Friday tournament, just solidify details and I'll be there (with a Wii, even).

Mario -- where am I on that results list, man? I should be in a 7th slot. :p

--UnderWing

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Do it Oats. *GENUINE interest* I'll totally front the money for you vs Kato too.

More of you guys need to get on this thing darnit. 200+ people tournies don't happen every day.

Soid

Smash Journeyman
ow i cant go to this :( i want to i got 20 dlls lol but i cant cuz the tourneyon sunday

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
- If we do go, you have to call me Beast of all Beasts at least three times in a very positive context.

P.S. This post is serious in some parts, joking in others. I kind of wrote it in a way to stroke my own ego. I know this. I might sound like a ****, I know this.
****, Oats! I'll just Call you a Beast of All Beasts right now just for even thinking of pulling this **** off!!! And its funny cause you can sound like a **** but that just makes you even funnier!!! :chuckle: Good luck though to Oats and anyone else that is gonna make the trip up. Rep SD for all of us and Oats kick Kanto's ***, LOL! :)

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Hey San Diego, I'm here for 3 weeks. When's the next weekly? Are you guys going to WCSL? Is there a spot I could mooch? Does anyone want to play friendlies any time?

<--falco/gdub main + can play peach/d3/wario.

somiyah

Smash Journeyman
Tengo que ver tus AIB posts*

Wow way to butcher my native tongue.

Almost as bad as your country butchers my cookies.
Wow way to not know your native tongue. Do you even know what deber que means?

You got ***** by a mediocre baker, don't blame the cookies.

Almost as bad as how your country butchers this economy.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Eeeee.... Somiyah on teh loose.

@ Gishnak, next weekly is this Friday, I think, that'll be confirmed later, and about WCSL, look for one my previous posts, the long one. Though I'm not too positive on empty spots.

D

Deleted member

Hmm maybe i can come late to CV XXIII, after school perhaps *shrugs*

HugeHo

Smash Cadet
Wow way to not know your native tongue. Do you even know what deber que means?

You got ***** by a mediocre baker, don't blame the cookies.

Almost as bad as how your country butchers this economy.
LoooooooooL

I've been speaking the language since I was born. "Debo" is a legit word, just not in the context you used it in.

I never blamed the cookies either. I blamed the nation that would create such a catastrophic excuse for a desert.

And Touche at your last point...
Not that it's valid, just that it's almost as ignorant as mine was about your country's baking.
Ah, this is fun.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I'm suuuuuuuuper debating whether or not I'm going to WCSL now. 240 people are going to be there. That is toooo epic for me to pass up. If I am the beast-to-end-all-beasts I'd go to CV23 on Friday, drive up that night, and then come back Sunday morning.

Here's everything you need to know.

- I don't have money for anything other than gas, and maybe like three bucks for food or whatever. I don't expect to enter Brawl Singles so basically, whoever I go with, however long they last in tourney, that's as late as we're going to stay there, then we head back.

- Since my car has many miles on it, the only reason I've been reluctant to drive is to reduce the amount of miles I put on it. Therefore, I will not be driving around willy nilly for anything. It'll be a straight shot from wherever I am Friday night, to WCSL, sleep in the parking lot, then a straight shot back.

- I will not take just anyone on this trip. It's 8 ****ing hours of driving, and I only have 4 available seats. I have to know you well if I'm going to take you. And you have to be social and talkative because if I fall asleep on the wheel due to boredom, then it's your life, not mine because I'm invulnerable, and I can't say the same for everyone else.

- I want to money match Kato, a NorCal Lucas. Someone has to be willing to front the money for that. I can't be letting people think they're good with Low Tier. That's just stupid.

- You have to put up with my music. I won't put on anything weird, but it's my CD or bust. Unless you like interesting things. Then I'm pretty open.

- I need to see GENUINE interest. None of this bull****, "****, I wish I could go, maybe I'll call you when my grandma is done getting surgery, gee, but then again I need to check with my boss about stuff, oh well..." I might be doing this with zero-cash. If you want to go, you'll find a way. And once I see GENUINE interest I'll make my final decision on whether or not I'll go.

- And you need to read this ****ing post, because if I get a question that was answered here, then I'm not going to take you. I don't know if I'm going, I don't know when I'll get back, etc, etc. This is just pre-planning.

List of Interests
-
-
-
-

P.S. This post is serious in some parts, joking in others. I kind of wrote it in a way to stroke my own ego. I know this. I might sound like a ****, I know this. Be smart enough to know when I'm serious or kidding. And I reserve to right to pick favorites on who is coming. So if Burntsockz decided to join us, he gets a spot in and gets shotgun regardless of timing of posts or anything.

:O !!!! I'm horrible.
LOL Oats your WCSL post was too good. It makes me want to go even more. I have cash and am talkative haha. Let me know if a spot opens up.

somiyah

Smash Journeyman
LoooooooooL

I've been speaking the language since I was born. "Debo" is a legit word, just not in the context you used it in.

I never blamed the cookies either. I blamed the nation that would create such a catastrophic excuse for a desert.

And Touche at your last point...
Not that it's valid, just that it's almost as ignorant as mine was about your country's baking.
Ah, this is fun.
So this amature who just learned Spanish called TKD used debo in the wrong context just like me, huh? Sorry, too late to save your *** from being wrong. :)

Debo leer tus maravillosos mensajes en AiB, oh grandioso Tekadé**
Congratulate Soid for a wonderfully entertaining narration of the grand finals matches, that only a few could understand, which made it even more entertaining.
Well carne asada is a catastrophic excuse for a steak.

Yup, just dumbing it down to your level :)

Top Bottom