• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I've always heard stories about this alleged "zebra laugh", but never heard it in person.

It's too bad that our tournament scene has died, but I've also noticed that Brawl in general is dying off. Whatever, it's just a video game. It would be nice to hang out with you guys in a non-Smash environment. I like to consider you guys my friends, not my "Smash friends", you know?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
burntsocks you play tennis? nice!

In other news, SDSU is about to start a smash club, it's been a pretty active bunch of gamers down there every day for the past 2 months nwo that brawl is back. Could start something there at the very least.

i'm sad to hear about the weeklies even with my lack of attendance. :(

**Havok**

Smash Lord
It's too bad that our tournament scene has died, but I've also noticed that Brawl in general is dying off. Whatever, it's just a video game. It would be nice to hang out with you guys in a non-Smash environment. I like to consider you guys my friends, not my "Smash friends", you know?
In reality the smash scene isn't dying down, after talking to people who have been around for a long time (melee) the same thing happened back in the day, it seems. Who knows, it's random. I mean tournaments in the EC are still strong. SoCal gets One good turnout at month. The rest are just minor ones. Norcal has a healthy attendance. Random. The people are there, they're just hiding and come out sometimes.

Well I guess that;s why you'd have to travel outside anywhere to play well.

Agreed. Some of you guys aren't just smash related :)

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
^ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

anyway...... hey HAVOK i wanna go to triple threat!!!! X0
LMK if there is room 4 me, and if so how much cash ill need at the least plz

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Shall we coordinate on getting weeklies started somewhere else if Havoks is suspended for a little while?

May I can look into reserving room at San Diego State University for a smashfest

Hall

Smash Ace
Locally. I dunno about you guys but I'll still be going to as many tournaments as I can. There are specific people I still haven't decisively beaten yet. Plus what else am I supposed to do with these weekends off :p

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Locally. I dunno about you guys but I'll still be going to as many tournaments as I can. There are specific people I still haven't decisively beaten yet. Plus what else am I supposed to do with these weekends off :p
Build a house and learn tap dancing.

Sorry Havoko not going this time to what ever tournament is there.

Rafa birthday is going to be this Saturday, your free to come over if you like.

Nabster92

Smash Cadet
; _ ;

Just when I get back to San Diego :(

The UCSD triweeklies need to make a comeback. I wouldn't mind hosting them, just gotta figure out what I'd need to do to get a room and such...

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman
Build a house and learn tap dancing.
I <3 MogX

Anyway, hell, I really gotta get my *** in gear.

I'm gonna probably be at home all day tomorrow, parents are leaving town for two weeks so yeah. If anyone wants to play tomorrow they're (more than) welcome to come over. >.>

edit: wait pat's house is tomorrow, people will be busy I bet nvm

Hall

Smash Ace
; _ ;

Just when I get back to San Diego :(

The UCSD triweeklies need to make a comeback. I wouldn't mind hosting them, just gotta figure out what I'd need to do to get a room and such...
Speak with whomever owns the lodge to get it rented. I'm sure Azn_Lep can fill you in on the details. All I know is that it costs $50 to rent it so you just take $50 from the pot. You'll need to alternate between melee and brawl if you start renting the lodge.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
so ive been stuck w/ wifi for like 4 weeks now x_x

had 2 disband my team w/ oats since he only came over once so i wanted 2 see what other characters i could team good w/ so right now im teaming w/ a diddy whos from socal hes kinda a random since smashtoberfest was the only tourny he has attended but hes pretty legit but since hes a diddy he kinda fights like its still 1-1 but it works out somehow i guess
so yeah right now we are ranked 4th and we looking 2 move up to the number 3 spot sometime soon :)

http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=30542
(says we ranked 5th but thats a lie)

*edit*
today is league finals and im about 2 go do work and run my heart out
wish me luck

our team won league and i got 3rd place

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I got third in a 3.2 mile cross country jog-a-thon. I'm sore though haha.

There's gotta be something we can do for Smash tourneys in the Chula/Mission area. Hmm hmm hm

Tearbear

Smash Ace
1 or 2 more weeks then i can travel again

if our team places in top 3 for CIF we move on to state if we dont place top 3 then my season is over

but ill run hard even though i want my season 2 be over

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Did DSF move to NorCal, or does he just attend more of their tournaments? I noticed he was #1 on their PR.

Top Bottom