• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Super Smash X II in Montabello, California Results! (Lengthy!)

From San Diego:

4th. Hall
5th. Havok
7th. Nyjin
??th. Rickety (I know he won his first match and lost his next two. Not sure exact placing).

1st-3rd: DSF, Tyrant, MikeHAZE (No particular order. We left before the tournament ended).

In other news:
- Hall is too good at Crane games.
- Mexican people like speaking spanish to me
- Too many good fries up there!
- We're all whores and/or sluts
- I make people angry when I beat them (twice)
- Oats teaming with certain R.O.B. mains madness
- I'm Rickety's new personal trash talker

Oats, Rickety, Hall, Havok, you guys fill in the rest. XD

omfgmenewb

Smash Apprentice
i am addicted to eurobeat.
i'll see if i can go to quiznos if i'm progressing well on my senior project i'll go but if not than hell nahhh sonn

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Good job SD!

Havok I'm down for both days. I'll just have to clear somethings up and then I'll get back to you on that. Hurray for not working weekends anymore!

TJ was fckin rad! I played friendlies (Brawl and Melee) with all their good players, teamed up with IceDX and beat a Marth with Pichu in Melee.

yes mogx, learn to read please
saberhof should learn geography
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayarit
y tambien debe llevar a su carnala.
lol jk.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
@ Silent Assassin: We're primarily Brawl. However, there are usually small tournaments on the side during the Chula Vista Weeklies. Melee is usually the main side event, then Street Fighter 4, and classic Smash.

Hall

Smash Ace
I'm down for Quizno's but I doubt I'll be driving. This means I need a spot in mama Fierce's car. I call driver's lap

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
Gursalug doesn't want to go both days and I think I'll find my own way to Quiznos so you can keep both those spots open for whoever.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
My car =
me
awex
mario
(tkd?)
(soid?)
(mogX?)

we'll work on costs later.

NOTE: I'm moving the next weekly to a sunday again because willyo is having another backyard brawl on that saturday.

You guys Brawl only? I'm close by and new to the community but prefer melee.
We have a few people that play melee, pinoy, bone, the tj guys, i try kinda...not really. But yea.

Anyways:

TOURNAMENT REMINDER For them lurkers.

CV 28

saberhof

Smash Master
suuuup...=P...cant wait for the next weekly so i can go =O

and screw you mario, what does geography have to do with how i spell Nayarit in english?? xD...=D ^_^

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
My List Of People I've Teamed Up With:
HugS <3
Hall <3
Havok
MogX
Gursalug
Awex
Fierce

My List of People I Want To Team With:
ViceGrip
Phear
BurntsockZ
Typh
Leepuff
Rickety *New*

Sorry if I forgot you, I'm in a hurry.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Hey Havok, you mad ea visit down to SDSU last year promoting the weeklies.

Would you (or anyone else in this topic) be up for visitng SDSU this week (Friday from like 12 to 3?) and getting some friendlies in? I need to learn some things on spacing and what not and see where I fit in on the battlefield.

I've been trying to get to the weeklies, but church comes, and then this week I'm headed to Arizona.

If possible it'd be cool

Soid

Smash Journeyman
hurray for Soid going to Big tournaments again =P i wanna get some big badges sin albur

Awex

Smash Lord
Hey Lance, I live within walking distance of SDSU and will be free for that part of the day. Where would you want to play exactly?

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I may want to participate in this smashing at SDSU, since it may be near the place where I'm being picked up for my speech tournament ride. ^.^

**Havok**

Smash Lord
guys!! seige should be back in about 2 weeks.
siiiiickkkkkkk

Would you (or anyone else in this topic) be up for visitng SDSU this week (Friday from like 12 to 3?) and getting some friendlies in?
l
yea im free after 1250 since its my last class. See you there Awex?

Who wants a smashfest on friday just to polish up on stuff for the weekend?

My car:
Mario
Awex
Oats
Me
tkd?
we can fit another person in the back!

Awex

Smash Lord
Friday is my birthday, so I'm not free in the evening. But some smashing during the early afternoon sounds good. You guys play in the aztec center, right next to the bowling alley, correct?

Also:

69!!
Somiyah is getting hella training. I'm playing through mother 3, and naming everything after the smash community. More screencaps so far...

More to come. :p

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Mother 3....

I need to give it at least one more try before I make a final verdict on disliking it. Maybe it'll end up being like ff8 was for me in the long run.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha ha. so havok is Duster?
Im playing as well, but pretty much my characters have my family names.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
Friday is my birthday, so I'm not free in the evening. But some smashing during the early afternoon sounds good. You guys play in the aztec center, right next to the bowling alley, correct?

Wait, the 27th is your birthday too Awex...

I've known you for a few years and never knew we had the same B-day...

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
That must make it hard to play through some of the more emotional parts of the game.

@ Awex: I'd name the mom, FIERCE.
Yeah it got more emotional, almost bringing tears to my eyes.

I going to post some pics laters as well.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
A few things:

- Yes it would be at the Aztec Center BOwling Alley. There is a big screen there.
- IThe TV may or may not be in use at that time. Waits to use it can take from 2 minutes to 20 minutes depending on who is playing. You up for that chance?
- If you are, either bring a Wavebird (you cannot use GCN controllers) or be prepared to play with a wiimote.
- Or you can bring your own Wii then you can play with whatever controllers.

There are a lot of people that like to Brawl there, so it may even turn into ffour player free for alls unless everyone agrees to singles. Lots of risky things there, but since our spring break is after friday, might not be that many people to deal with.

Still down for it?

**Havok**

Smash Lord
whhhhhat i can't use a wii mote, why can't we use gcn controllers? I used to bring mine and there wasn't any problems. Well regardless i head that way anyways so ill stop by.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
No Gamecube controllers? You're aware that mostly every single competitive Smasher uses one, right? Is it due to the wires getting in the way of something?

Awex

Smash Lord
I think I still have a busted up wavebird lying around... I'll bring that and my long corded white controller as well and see what they do about it ;x

forgot to post this as well

The game will already not be as emotional for me, because I already know everything about the storyline. Too much lurking leads to spoilers. =(

Top Bottom