• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Haha, racist humor is great.

Someone give back Havok's wiimote! If not, I have one you can borrow for awhile at the next weekly/smashfest, Havok. If you don't get it back before then, that is.

@Oats - I'm scared for my life... >.> I'm going to be watching my back during tourney matches now!

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
AUGH. FINALS ARE MESSING WITH MY HEAD.

Anyway, it's been too long since I've seen you guys... what's everybody's schedule next week? I need to let off some steam, anything happening like, the weekend of the 27th? I wanna play some SFIV with people in-person... or maybe some Brawl (haven't played since... Quizno's? How long ago is that? It feels like ages, but it's gotta be like, 3 weeks max I know). So what's the deal?

And if I were to throw a smashfest @ my place sometime next week (25th-27th) would people be game? Scripps ain't that far of a drive for you guys, I should know. >.>

--UnderWing

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Who knew that there were a bunch of mama luigi pics for every ocasion?

It's like faking hallmark!
I'm ashamed to admit I laughed at this.

Soo, anyone got any plans this week? As I unfortunately suspected, my flight back up north leaves early on Sunday so I can't make another weekly, but hanging out with you guys at least once more between now and then would be nice.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
This sunday there won't be a tourney is SD but there is something else:

X II

My car fits 6 people
1. Havok

Who's coming with me? :bee:

BTW Someone has my Wii Mote! Cmon give it back :urg:

Money:
gas $5
Food $10 (or not we can buy food there which is cheap)
Tournament: $10 for doubles per team, $5 per person for singles. And there's crews which im not too sure I want to do since I want to come home by the time singles end, however, I may change my mind, so who knows.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'll go with you, Havok. :)

But other people better come, too! Havok and I driving alone would be suspicious if we got pulled over! XD

Soid

Smash Journeyman
if someone has my gamecube controller give it back plz =( i dont a controller anymore

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
What time do you think we'd return? I'm not sure where this Super Smash is located (and I'm too lazy to look). I gotta be up for school by seven.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
1. Havok
2.Nyjin
3.Hall.

3 spots left =)

the 6th is in the back lol

@ gursalug: I don't know man, it depends what the turnout is, if its only 40 people and it's run AIIGHT, then possibly be home by 12 at night.

It's a 2 hour drive.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
if its only 40 people and it's run AIIGHT, then possibly be home by 12 at night.
That rhymes.

[21:59:35] <Gursalug> jesus, dude
[21:59:43] <Gursalug> there's never anybody in this chatroom

That's because people pop in for like a minute at a time. And, correct me if I'm mistaken, but there are like 24 hours in a day. Let's assume people are up from 9 am to 12 pm, making it 15 hours in the day. Multiply by 60 minutes in an hour to get 900 minutes in a day. If 2 people come in for one minute each, each person has a 1/900 chance of seeing the other person.

I'm only signed in for 24 hours a day - that doesn't mean I'm actually there. As you've noticed I don't catch people coming by until they've long since left. If you stick around, I might notice you're there and I'm probably gonna say hi. If not, I'm gonna come back from playing rock band to find like three people that are not there, because they left a minute after coming in.

The thing that makes a chatroom useful is if there are people that actually go there regularly. I'm curious though...can anyone think of a method of uploading the chat online so that people that aren't there can read stuff that happened earlier? Kind of like xat, but contains the entire logs instead of just the last 10 or so lines? I've seen it done, but I'm no tech guy. :^P

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
1. Havok
2.Nyjin
3.Hall.

3 spots left =)

the 6th is in the back lol

@ gursalug: I don't know man, it depends what the turnout is, if its only 40 people and it's run AIIGHT, then possibly be home by 12 at night.

It's a 2 hour drive.
But me in as a maybe right now and I'll get back to you ASAP and what time would we be leaving in the morning?

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
So that's...

Havok
Nyjin
Hall
Oats
Rickety
Dreamhack(?)

If Dreamhack ends up going, I call NOT IN THE BACK! XD

Oh, and it sounds like a fun drive already. :p

**Havok**

Smash Lord
yayyyy!

1.Havok
2.Hall
3.Oats
4.Rickety
5. Nyjin

I couuuuld fit someone in the back but to your own inconvenience. Otherwise, Car = Full.

We'll leave 9:30-10 ish Not too early but I do need all of you to be ready by then.

Soid

Smash Journeyman
To the people who want to come to Tj i know no ones is going but i will say it anyway Sunday Tournament on TJ

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
when is the next tourney? im starting to play brawl now and its pretty good but melee is still better =). anyways i use pikachu in brawl, any good pika players because i suck at brawl right now

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Not sure, LittleFumi. SD is going out of town for the next two weeks for tourneys, I believe.

@Havok's Car: Who wants to team with me for Super Smash X II? One of you HAS to want to team with the cockiest player in SD, right? If not I won't bother entering doubles and buy myself some fried chicken instead. ^.^

Top Bottom