• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Awex

Smash Lord
Am I getting trunk in Havok's car then? (Getting dropped off at quizno's on my way back from LA)

I'll need to borrow a controller from someone too. :p

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Well Evo is pretty much the only fighting game tournament series that's run entirely on console. Other than that, almost every tournament will be arcade.
You raise a good point. That last post and this one is Hall btw. Arcade hopping is the BEST way to meet new players and exotic playstyles.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Selendrile just *****ed at me because I didn't tell him of the smashfest at Havok's tonight (assuming he already knew).

Cars are full. So much for Sandwich Land...

**Havok**

Smash Lord
This is Hall. I have access to my big gay party van which holds 12 so if Gursalug wants a spot Gursalug gets his mother****ing spot! This also means we'll be merging both cars. I'll let you know by tomorrow evening if the van is for sure.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
This is Hall. I have access to my big gay party van which holds 12 so if Gursalug wants a spot Gursalug gets his mother****ing spot! This also means we'll be merging both cars. I'll let you know by tomorrow evening if the van is for sure.

You're the man, Hall!

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Well i got JV 4 stocked by Havok's empty house last night around 7.

ggs.

Anyways i hope the smashfest was fun and i'll see you guys tomorrow

**Havok**

Smash Lord
what, are we gonna pick up everyone around SD that's way too much time.

Meet at Hall's house? If he's cool w that

TJ I want you guys here at night so I won't have to pick you guys up in the morning.

Oats: I'm picking up Bone later tonight after work, might as well pick you up? Or you got that already fixed up w Hall?

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
wish i lived over there :/
As you should.

Hall, that mean I've got a spot? If so, I could potentially help people get a ride to wherever we meet (for those who don't have cars/rides), so... yeah. However I can help, I'll be coming from the north (Scripps Ranch/Mira Mesa area), just give me a time and a place.

And btw, Hall -- too good with the van, man. Too good.

--UnderWing

EDIT:
Oh ****, better not let Socks see -- it's "not intended for viewers under the age of 17."

And yeah, I'd seen episode one before... watching 2 now. It's good stuff.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
It's very pinky, Oats. ^_^

Hope attendance at Quiznos isn't hampered too much by UCLA.

EDIT: By the way, the second episode of There Will be Brawl is really funny. Metaknight and Squirtle are hilarious. :p

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
It's kinda meh.
Lay off Karen, cuz I kind of felt the same when I saw you using Ganondorf in tourney...

You asked about Quizno's...

It's a Quizno's Sub Restaurant in Los Angeles (Cerritos Area) and many of us are traveling together. The thread for the tourney is on PacWest, so you should find more info there.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I use Ganondorf, no matter if he's low tier. I may not expect to win, but I'm not going to tier-***** my way to victory. I have dignity.

Is there anybody with a seat open? I could go, but I can't get a ride from my folks.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
Ok, what's the current car situation? Will everyone fit in the 12, or what? I still haven't gotten a 100% response as to whether or not I have a spot. :p

Also, what time are we looking at leaving? Thanks a ton.

--UnderWing

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
@ Underwing: Hall said he'd post info when he gets off of work. Patience, grasshopper

@ Oats: Karen? I remember it took some work to make that lush my wife in Harvest Moon 64. Man, I loved that game. Then, some older kid stole it from me...:mad:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
lol. Who calls women lushes anymore?

lol @ SaltySea on Low-Tiers.
A "lush" is a drunk. Silly you for not knowing that.

Besides, I main Ganondorf and Ike. I second Zelda/Shiek. I don't use any other characters than that, because I don't know how (other than G&W/DDD/Falco, but their playstyles are just plain simple).

Anyways, I might choose another one of the characters that I use if the matchup's bad, but I'm not going to pick up an entirely new character just so I can win, Sirlin be ****ed. That's my dignity.

<_<

>_>

I need a ride.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
A "lush" is a drunk. Silly you for not knowing that.
Stop assuming so much about what others are saying without taking the time to read what is being said. I simply asked who calls women lushes anymore. It's not used in normal parlance and I was just surprised by Gursalug's use of the term when describing a video game character. I know what a lush is.

Quit being silly, silly.

Hall

Smash Ace
Salty,
Your mentality is almost there, but you should scrub it a little harder to make it shine. (Har har har)

Anyhoo, just got off work and here's the dealio. Everyone who had a spot in the original cars has a spot in the van. Gursalug gets a spot as the only reason I busted out the van was to show some Gursalove.

Hall's Van:
Hall
Havok
Bone
MogX
Oats
TKD
Phear
Nyjin
Phoenix
Fierce
Gursalug
Underwing

That's SD's 12 unless somebody cancels (please don't. gas will shoot up if people cancel). The MPG suck on this van, but a full payload offsets that.

That means $6 for gas for 12 people. Meeting up beforehand would be great, but not probable unless I pick a bunch of you up tonight. Doubles start at 11 (riiiight) so I want to get there by 10. This means we need to be on the road by 8. I'd like it if we can assemble at my/Havok's house, but if not I need to know who must be picked up.

And he wasn't talking about low tiers, he was talking about your strength as a player. He uses Lucas dude. It's not the character, it's the mindset.

Also, if you're rolling with us expect to get home late. We have strong players that'll last towards the end and we enjoy eating out in the dead of night.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Salty,
Your mentality is almost there, but you should scrub it a little harder to make it shine. (Har har har)

Anyhoo, just got off work and here's the dealio. Everyone who had a spot in the original cars has a spot in the van. Gursalug gets a spot as the only reason I busted out the van was to show some Gursalove.

Hall's Van:
Hall
Havok
Bone
MogX
Oats
TKD
Phear
Nyjin
Phoenix
Fierce
Gursalug
Underwing

That's SD's 12 unless somebody cancels (please don't. gas will shoot up if people cancel). The MPG suck on this van, but a full payload offsets that.

That means $6 for gas for 12 people. Meeting up beforehand would be great, but not probable unless I pick a bunch of you up tonight. Doubles start at 11 (riiiight) so I want to get there by 10. This means we need to be on the road by 8. I'd like it if we can assemble at my/Havok's house, but if not I need to know who must be picked up.

And he wasn't talking about low tiers, he was talking about your strength as a player. He uses Lucas dude. It's not the character, it's the mindset.

Also, if you're rolling with us expect to get home late. We have strong players that'll last towards the end and we enjoy eating out in the dead of night.
Har dee har har. No, but seriously, **** Sirlin.

If I can get a spot in the van, I'll probably try to show. Otherwise, I might as well not even try to go, seeing as I won't be able to get a ride from anywhere else. I've got both the time AND the money too, seeing as how I have Monday off.

I'm a night owl anyways. I love the dark.

When it comes to my skills, it's fairly obvious that I need more practice, even to me. Last Sunday was the first time I'd had an IRL Brawl match in like 8 months or so (I'm not even kidding, it'd been that long). That's why I want to continue playing with you guys. I WANT to get better. And it's fun, too, even if it's frustrating as all hell. *Glares at socks*

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
@Saltine: Don't give up on Pig Wizard if you dig him, man. He's a helluva hitter, just **** tough to use.

@Hall: Usually, I'm able to drive to Chula, but I have expired registration that can't be taken care of until Tuesday. Also, I live in El Cajon (hell of a detour, I know) and would be willing to pay extra if needed. I'd instant message you or something, but Wii internet lacks the capabilities.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again, Hall, and the rest of the San Dijuana Smash Community. See you guys in the morning!

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
I'm prolly Gonna be at havoks since I'm not sure exactly where hall lives.

And salty, just use diddy kong

Top Bottom