• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Soid

Smash Journeyman
hey dont charge me gas money cuz im from mexico and we earn pesos and not dollars and cuz i need to buuy stuff

edit someone pay me the entry too plx
edit 2 anyone payme the fodd

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I need a ride from some person this Sunday + want to come with next Sunday to Quiznos. Havok, Come over again anytime this week preferably Tuesday - Sunday, please. Declining of skills.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
I need a ride from some person this Sunday + want to come with next Sunday to Quiznos. Havok, Come over again anytime this week preferably Tuesday - Sunday, please. Declining of skills.
Bones! You should have been at the last weekly.... We were playing MELEE!!!! If you come to the next weekly I'll bring MELEE so we can play!

somiyah

Smash Journeyman
is anyone going to BOI 2 if so whos in the car?
I am. We'll organize cars starting about 4 days in advance.

hurray,
phear got accepted to UC riverside!
Congrats, you'll be joining JTB :)

I think I'm going, I'll know for sure a few days in advance. If I am, I'll have 4 spots for peeps.

Ask him to cover Somiyah's entry fee. :p
O.O anyone would be a really awesome person if he or she did.

<3 so so socal and mexico
Dam* straight!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hai Guys...

Guess who has a new youtube account for his favorite video game community? http://www.youtube.com/user/SanDiegoSmash

Check it out. I'll try to see if there is any way to upload it to the blog, and I'll be in charge of uploading them to All is Brawl, or Havok if he wants to do that, so we can have all the Chula Vista Tournies in one playlist or w/e.

And if you're wondering why they're in varying forms of quality, it's because I'm messing around with that type of stuff. Capturing -> Editting -> Encoding -> Uploading, takes ****ing forever.

somiyah

Smash Journeyman
Hai Guys...

Guess who has a new youtube account for his favorite video game community? http://www.youtube.com/user/SanDiegoSmash

Check it out. I'll try to see if there is any way to upload it to the blog, and I'll be in charge of uploading them to All is Brawl, or Havok if he wants to do that, so we can have all the Chula Vista Tournies in one playlist or w/e.

And if you're wondering why they're in varying forms of quality, it's because I'm messing around with that type of stuff. Capturing -> Editting -> Encoding -> Uploading, takes ****ing forever.
Thank you so much Oats! It's amazin'!

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Oh sick Oats! Cant wait to see all the videos! :D

got any WGF videos? I heard i missed a lot of epic matches (too busy with friendlys/rock band/tatsunoko)

Got any videos of moi? Cause theres only one video of my Ness on youtube and its from Summer, and I was soooo noob.......

**Havok**

Smash Lord
tell me what to do and ill do it :bee:

Bone, i left you a msg on your AIM. I'll call you at like 8 anyways.

(tournament) Reminder! CV XXIV
For all of your lurkers out there <3

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Alrite i know i can go to Quiznos because its a 4 day weekend so yeahhhh
Count me in on this!

D

Deleted member

Anybody wanna team on sunday?

You have to play an easily gimped character, else i wont be able to gimp you =(

Hall

Smash Ace
Space Lance!

Going by the preferred SRK rules now, which are fairly sound (considering how much we know about the game).

TvC Ruleset:

-2 out of 3 games, winner must keep characters.

-Handicap 3, default game settings.

-If you pause the game, you are at your opponent's mercy. He can take a free win on that round, or let it play. If he wants to take the round, he must not continue playing after the pause. Doing so forfeits your right to contest the pause.

-Performing any glitch that keeps the game from being played is banned. Its pretty obvious what these are. Most of them thus far make a rainbow character fly away to the moon! If you do one of these on purpose or on accident and cant recover from it quickly, you forfeit the round.

-If the Burning Ruins stage comes up, either player may opt to reroll the stage selection at any time before the round actually starts. If the round actually starts, the game must be played. This stage has huge issues for colorblind players, and even non-colorblind players in mirror matches. It is also the only stage with slowdown.

-If both players with to select Yatterman-1, they must agree on which color/mech they wish to use. If an agreement can not be reached, a coin will be flipped to see who gets to select their color first. The reason we need this is because different color Yattermen get different robots with slightly different attacks (Pelican seems better).

-Time will on at 99 seconds.

-Grand Finals will be 3 sets of 3. This means every best of 3 is a point in the winner's favor. Por Ejemplo:
I win two games in a row. That puts me at 1 point.
Next I win one, my opponent wins two. That puts my opponent at 1 point.
Score is 1-1. Next set of 3 determines the winner. Simple no?

Entry fee will be $1. Winner takes all. Double elimination.

D

Deleted member

Wut? Lol.

*saves lunch money*
=p
Also, im like 6, so i can report you for child abuse if you take my money.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Wut? Lol.

*saves lunch money*
=p
Also, im like 6, so i can report you for child abuse if you take my money.
Kosk is THE Ganon. Swoops and DAD are some of the best along with me.

I also seriously doubt your claims about your age. I'll be taking your moneh no matter what, biatch.

Top Bottom