• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt - Date: June 27th - Odenton, Maryland

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Also, i'll have stuff with me

1 TV
1 Wii/Brawl
1 Dazzle/cables
1 Laptop (for brackets)
1 extra controller for chu to use in the tourney
1 EEvisu

Too goodz? See you all at the tourney

ChuDat

Smash Master
Journalist? Where are you haha. I think this a interesting and good opportunity to write something up! haha. I have summarized everything already though lolz.

Here is the results thread, with shoutouts and for the explanation and true story of Lie: The Two Faced Liar and the tribulations of venue switching! haha

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229732&page=2

I will let everyone know when my next future Dojo tournament date is!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
hmmmm

well honestly I felt it was easier if I just ran the tournament myself and enforced the matches. Too bad we couldn't have commentary. If we use that venue again, we can have live stream.

So I guess my point is we don't need that many helping hands, what we had the other day worked out well. We just need more setups next time.

Lobos

Smash Master
I like the venue.......we gotta setup better tho. It was a ***** walking around the setups in the middle table. The Projector screen was awesome plus there was another that we didnt use. I'll help tant run things when he isn't near the laptop, don't want people messing with the brackets not knowing what they're doing. Would it be $10 for venue everytime and would that be for 6-7 hours only or for the whole day? The fact that we could use the computers was great so I don't mind paying 10.

Besides the whole venue situation, we really gotta work on getting more setups. We had enough wiis but need more tvs.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
So I didn't come. I felt sick. Sorry I didn't pm you chudat. I was kinda in the hospital. Just got home this afternoon.

ChuDat

Smash Master
TheTantalus - I agree for the most part. It is much easier doing brackets by ur self since u know exactly what is going on at all times. I'll still have necessary helping hands though, there were way too many friendlies going on when the tournament could have been run faster (enforcers wink wink haha). As for the other positions, I'll see what necessary and unnecessary and remove any job that doesn't need any special treatment.

Leafplayer - With all the craziness that happened on the day of the tournament, I doubt it. I heard Jceasar had some videos on his wii though. Crossjeremiah was taking pictures so maybe he took some video footage as well, as well as Lobos.

Lobos - Yeah man I agree, I had to bump into people the whole day just to get through those narrow areas. I'll talk to the manager about that, but I can't really see what can be done about it... unless we take the whole table out and remove/move all the PC's so we can have set-ups along the wall. Here's a photograph of the place:

More photos here http://zigs-place.com/My_Albums/Pages/Photos.html

Yeah the venue fee is going to have to be 10$ >.< but at least we can use the computers all day for free so that gives us something to do in the mean time while waiting for matches. Pretty fair especially when compared with C3 and cyberclub lolz (nah greg i'm not talking **** about c3!!! haha). Yeah, the lack of set-ups needs to be stepped up, I'll work on getting people to bring them for next time.

TheSage - **** dude, that serious? U aite? hope so. Don't worry about it, of course. I completely forgot that u were supposed to come with me and I remembered as the tournament was going on I was like FU*KKKKKK haha.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
lol TheSage was my dubz partner too. ya i only got pictures. my camera doesnt take video footage.

but ask jcaesar. because Deez saved a vid of me vs his diddy on smashville.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
My Wii didn't have infinite replays on so I doubt much got saved on it (aside from B+ vids). I'll take a look tonight though.

Sorry I didn't really do my job, the whole situation was a mess, but I'll bring in some "enforcing" next time. Should be easier because I'm officially retiring from vanilla Brawl singles.

Lobos

Smash Master
Chu- That table was kinda big tho, what we could do is just move it more to one said so that we can have space to walk thru. But still have enough room for those other computers to be used. Also if the venue is gonna be 10 we should change the pricing around. Like $10 for singles and $10 for teams ($5 per person). So its $25 total instead of $24 (the original total fee.) I don't think people should have a problem with that since we do get to use the computers.

Tant - I was thinking about live stream and live feed??? Is that possible to hook both up lol I think all we need is a web cam and dazzle right?

ChuDat

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm just announcing my next ChuDat Dojo Tournament.

May 16th is the date! Look forward to it =). It will definitely be run 100% better than the last since Lie is BANNED.

CrossJeremiah - Can you do something about our front page banner? haha. It definitely needs some fixing :p.

Oh btw guys, this is my Special While Belt edition. Literally, it means this will be our first real serious tournament where everyone should play at their best to get better. This will be the beginning of our training. We will continue our training until we reach my Special Double Black Belt edition (or something lolz). By that time, you should have already mastered all the techniques, know every match-up like that back of your hand, and have perfected the art of "mind games". After this is all done, we should be back on the map as the best region in the US!

Train hard, come prepared! Everyone should help each other with our progress. Hope to see you guys there!

Allied

Smash Master
I'm definitally going to this if i can get enough money after apex XD

Lets see =]
gas isn't cheap

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I forget where the other thread for this went but there is like a 90% chance I'm going and will need a teammate for the 27th.

Teamsies? I'm looking for good MK (cough forte/korn/omni) or...Chu if you wanna try teaming with me for the first time ever.

my last three team tournaments went:
1st with Overswarm (MK)
1st with Judge (MK)
1st with Nope (Snake)

I wanna keep my streak going, which may be as many as 5 straight doubles wins by the time this tournament rolls around.

Top Bottom