• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt - Date: June 27th - Odenton, Maryland

ChuDat

Smash Master

Introduction:

Hello all,

Welcome. I'd like to introduce my ChuDat dojo tournaments. It's exactly how it sounds. We will be training at these tournaments at top level play. I believe that MD/VA hasn't been doing so well in tournaments. Out of staters are coming and taking our money. We need to make a stand and defend our title as the BEST region in all of North America. So if you want to be part of the BEST region, make sure you come to this. We will be preparing for tournaments at high level play, practicing, perfecting our mind games, learning new techniques, and above all, improve our mentality towards a competitive mentality. By the time you are ready to ascend to the next level, you should reach a "subconscious level of tournament play" meaning everything you do WILL be second nature to you. This will mentally prepare you for any and all tournaments that you attend. This is my mentality when going into a tournament and I would like to share my knowledge to get this community going strong!

What I want you to learn, do, and know:
I want everyone to take these tournaments seriously. Get the most you can from these tournaments. Do NOT go low tier characters (does not apply to low tier mains, but I suggest you guys pick up a better character to get a real chance at a competitive environment and help not only yourselves but others as well by giving them a mental challenge). We should discuss and share knowledge with each other. But most of all guys, I want you to have fun! Positive environments also help with our mentality towards the game.

Belt Title:
==================Yellow Belt==================
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANNED
1. Lie
2. OATHmeal
3. Taj
4. Skylink

Please bring set-ups such as Brawl, Melee, a Wii, and TV sets.

Address:
1656 Annapolis Rd
Odenton, MD 21113

It might be a little bit hard to find the place. The place is red and is called "Zigs Place". Park on the RIGHT of the building.

Date:
June 27th

Schedule:

10:00 AM Registration/Friendlies/Money Matches
11:00 AM Brawl Teams
2:00 PM Recess
2:30 PM Registration for Brawl Singles
3:00 PM Brawl Singles
8:00 PM Post Singles Training

I'm going to stress that people get here ON TIME for doubles.

IF YOU ARE LATE YOU ARE PAYING 2$ EXTRA!!!!!!!!

Everyone has 5 minutes MAYBE 10 minutes after registration is over before they are charged. Seriously try arrive on time guys =).

Housing: PM me If you need housing so that I can make a list of you guys and put you guys somewhere accordingly. Housing only goes out to the FIRST 7 people that ask. After that, you have to look around for housing.

-------- These are my prices ---------

Pick up from Metro: $7.99 <Go to Dunn Loring Merrifield Metro Station>
Pick up from Airport: $24.99 (Includes pick up and drop off)
Housing: $4.99 (Includes Smash, Blanket, Pillow, and Drinks. Staying up to play WILL cost extra).

Prices:
Venue Fee: 10$
Saturday
SSBB Teams: 5$ per person
SSBB Singles: 10$

Food: There is a KFC, Taco Bell, and other various food places of walking distance. There are also vending machines at the place.

Rules : Standard Rules for each tournament + ChuDatz Rulez (Just ask me during the tournament if you have any questions). Best of three matches, Double Elimination for all tournaments. One ban of any stage. Ice Climbers infinite banned, you must release(throw away/smash) after 5 consecutive grabs.

Singles-
1. 50%
2. 25%
3. 15%
4. 7%
5. 3% (5th place finishers will fight each other for this)
*All numbers will be rounded*

Doubles-
1. 65%
2. 25%
3. 10% or Money back. (Varies depending on the # that shows)

Contact Information:
Myspace - www.myspace.com/chudat (Don't friend request me, I only add people I know personally)
Facebook - Seach for "ChuDat"
E-Mail - Chudatzz@hotmail.com
AIM - ChuDat87
Cell Phone # - 703-989-8795

----------------------------------
Other Banners

By: Crossjeremiah

By: Crossjeremiah

By: Lil B

*Set-ups such as TV'S, Games, systems, and Memory card are needed for tournament efficiency*

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Interesting, very interesting... I particularly like how organize this all sounds and the fact that even though you are charging people you are willing to pick them up at the Metro, airport, and even offer them housing. Seeing you already putting down a solid amount of what you would charge in written make me think that much more that this might become a regular occurrences in the future.

Just wondering though is the "Dojo" going to replace your biweeklies?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Do NOT go low tier characters (does not apply to low tier mains, but I suggest you guys pick up a better character to get a real chance at a competitive environment and help not only yourselves but others as well by giving them a mental challenge).

So your saying my Yoshi isn't a challenge?

ChuDat

Smash Master
Tristan win - I hope you can make it to these. We could use a top level sheik in our community and you are close to reaching that level. Just let me know if you ever need me to pick ya up from the metro. My Dojo will NOT be replacing my bi-weeklies. This and my bi-weeklies are COMPLETELY separate. This is just mainly focused on serious training since MD/VA is lacking serious tournaments. My Bi-weeklies are mainly for fun i.e. 5$ entry, going out to eat, non-serious environment, ect..

So your saying my Yoshi isn't a challenge?
nonononono my bad lil b =/. I'm just saying with your smarts you could do better with another character like falco, as compared to Yoshi... since it's Yoshi. EITHER WAY your Yoshi is BEAST! Definitely best in MD/VA and maybe even possibly the east coast but I don't know what Pride has to say about that lolz. Anyways, if you choose to stick with Yoshi then great! We could use a Yoshi to practice with for these tournaments.

Will there be extra set-ups for Melee?
I'll think about that in the future. Melee is still unpopular at the moment. If it ever gets popular again, i'll be changing things around so Melee can get its focus once again. As for now, no. I don't want set-ups for melee for this tournament because it will ruin the serious and competitive environment that I am trying to create for Brawl.

ChuDat

Smash Master
You can tell your mom to give me a call if you want. Maybe she'll feel more inclined to let you go if I spoke to her and answered her questions?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I already planned to go to PA and fight Teched Out Enterprises and Titans of Smash.

Traveling may be bad for me that weekend. I still want to go to PA, but I might have to do service calls on the weekend. If I can't travel far, maybe i'll go this instead since it's around many of my clients.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Really? I'd like to hear what you have going on for the summer then.

Pyronic_Star - Lie is black, yes. I assume so anyways. Why, u know him? He speaks like this....

yo whats good.......we gonna have dis tournament......all yu heads should show up......aite yall peace

TheTantalus - Hope you can come man!

ChuDat

Smash Master
I think I will have LYLAT on for random, just because most big tournaments have Lylat on.

Starter stages now include:
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville
Yoshi's Island DS
Lylat

I am thinking about putting in Pokemon Stadium 1 as a starter stage as well... I don't really see why not aside from the weird edges and the windmill (which I think shouldn't be a complaint since it doesn't affect game play too badly). The edges are just like Lylats in a sense. Hard time camping on this stage would be rare occurances, I think, so I'm not too worried about that. This is just an idea though. I can try it at a ChuDat bi-weekly or something if not here.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i think i do know him... and he wasn't too reliable if we're talking about the same person... ask deez if it's who i think it is

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im down with that chu, i dont really see an issue with PS1 either, everyone should be accustomed to the edges by now, its been a year!

ChuDat

Smash Master
Cool guyz thanks. I'll have it on for my next bi-weekly and see if it works out or not.

i think i do know him... and he wasn't too reliable if we're talking about the same person... ask deez if it's who i think it is
Thanks for that info.. I don't know the guy too much so I'll be looking into that.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Okin - Stay lucas!

turkeywonder - Bowser yes, wolf no. You could argue both of these responses. The point is for you to come and play your best. We really need to step it up. MD/VA's rankings this past weekend were inexcusable, LOLZ.

meepxzero

Smash Master
somone give my ic endless metaknight practice *looks at forte, korn, and omni. XD* i promise not to cg you to death unless im down a stock! so itll be fun =D

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
just checkin the atlantic north thread's to see whats up. This thread looks pretty neat. My Mk and snake could really use this tourney mindset practice, its just too bad we wont be able to come up during spring break. see ya in summer chu

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
somone give my ic endless metaknight practice *looks at forte, korn, and omni. XD* i promise not to cg you to death unless im down a stock! so itll be fun =D
Meep, let me know when you're free, and I can come over in the evening sometime and practice, my metaknight has greatly improved in addition to all my other characters

ChuDat

Smash Master
So, no Melee period, even when the tourney is over? =/
I guess a fun 2 hour break should be rewarded after a hard and long day of training. So yes, melee, tvc, brawl+, warioware, mario party, and any other fun games can happen after singles is finished (don't quote me on this though! Lie might want to kick everyone out after its over but I'll talk to him about it).

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
lol i would go, but i dont really know anyone at tourneys. cause im a tourney noob. and i'll feel like a outcast xD

i live in Fairmont WV so thats pretty **** far 3hrs. i hope i can find a way up there.

oh shoot TW is going to this. i'll definitely go to have some epic sheik matches.

*ITS CONFIRMED I HAVE A RIDE*

Top Bottom