• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-=ChuDat Vs. the World @ GameStop in San Jose CA: Finalists Confirmed!!!=-

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol at banana sterotyping the name lee as asian

pockyD

Smash Legend
lee is white

the first place trophy is something like "high priest of badness" LOL and it's a huge sumo dude

chu, dave, and eggm all lost to ike players (and demised lost to chu)

moral of the story: ike ***** on lag TVs

edit: lee won using ike too lol

what a lame character

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
5 minute matches on battlefield only, best 2 outta 3 (must stay as 1 character the entire tournament)
Given those criteria, yes Ike is a 'top tier' for this style tournament. Not to take anything away from the finalists though, the top 3 were Ike players.
Lee only lost one match the entire tournament (to a metaknight player) (whom we won via sudden death both other 2 matches, lol)

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
Congratz for the win bro, i left early so i didn't get to see you kick some ***.

But 2 ikes? I blame the ****in laggy TV's and unresponsive wiimotes.

Weaksauce
(Gratz to lee and DT tho :D, IKE vs. IKE!)

Demised

Smash Ace
;)no, lets ride this one out. ;)

Honestly guys, that was a ridiculously fun time. So was my flight leaving at 4:15pm and all you guys at noon. wtf. Breakfast and bale son.

But just chillin, drinks, Clubbin(failed), and just relaxin in general with you dudes. Good ****.

Lee, grats again man. Was bomb meetin ya and the drinks. lol at so much random **** from all of us. Dude, look at those Buttz. Just look at them. ommgggg. haha. But Lee is no random scrub guys. He definately earned it. So mannyy matchhssss. wtf at 13 people and large link dude cryin. That mofos life was ruined.

Im beyond tired. Wait till you guys see the pics and the video footage they took. It was ridiculous. lol. Made us do some random *** stuff. Life size Mario is the **** yo.

<3 mad lag TV's and wii motes. No johns though. Lee still *****.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
this tournament was rlllly fun. the host was hilarious and a true Pimp.

idk what the big deal is about all the lag johns. i couldnt even feel lag on the tv that was being used for the tourney though i did for some of the other tv's.

Jewbacabra shouldn't make unresponsive wiimote johns. thats pretttty terrible.

i had an absolute blast getting plastered with demised and chu and my brother derek and crew haha. the pool was too good and yall f8ckers missed out. chu decided to miss out on the pool and the amazing unlimited bacon breakfast. ill never understand but i have all the love in the world out for these guys.!
real ****.

ill probably have to change my nickname to Katrina now.... bc of that one guy,.. LOL

ps. i obviously picked ike for a reason if the only playable level was battlefield. its a no brainer

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
I think it's pretty cool that you guys hung out and got to enjoy a free trip to Cali together. That's a pretty cool thing, imo.

And whatever johns, that dude Lee is 5,000 bucks richer for playing a video game.....that makes me hate my job all that much more :lol: :lol: Good job, Lee. Way to bring the gold back to the swamp, we're all proud of you :)

D_T

Smash Rookie
some people without the highest scores got to go because they invited the wrong people at first. (tried to tell me I couldn't go with my +5, highest score of anyone).

Congratulations Lee, I just couldn't keep it up to the end.

Demised

Smash Ace
He got to go because there were a ridiculous amount of ties with sudden death, +0 but with only 2 deaths. Thats why there were actually 13 people instead of 8. It was funny. They made a rule where they gave 3 people Bye's and if one of those 3 made it to the finals, they would have to beat the other guy 2 sets of best out of three, even though they never lost. It was wack, but it never came down to that.

Thanks again to all the players I chilled with. It was to good. Especially to the norcal guys for comin and partyin.

pockyD

Smash Legend
kind of a strange explanation because i'd imagine that ALL R3 winners had at least +0

i'm more inclined to believe 'gamestop messed up', regardless of what they told us about who actually made it

Eggm

Smash Hero
idk what the big deal is about all the lag johns. i couldnt even feel lag on the tv that was being used for the tourney though i did for some of the other tv's.
They were all the same tv and had about a .5 second lag. It was worse than 90% of the people I played online.

You probably didn't notice cause you played ike, and play online more often than me. But they were all the same tv lmao. That bacon breakfast was wayyyy too good.

Edit : Lol, I got one of those byes. :( I was upset lol.

Demised

Smash Ace

Real life Mario is to good SON! (phone camera sucks)
Mario + Soul'ja = wttfffff

PockyD- Thats what that huge CEO gamestop guy told me. So I think your right. lol

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
Who did commentary on that video footage?! You better not have failed me. You wouldn't like me when im naked. TOUCHDOWWWWWWWWWWWWN!!!!!

I will hunt you down, and make a movie out of it. You'll play the character who can always predict his enemies advancements and use clever tactics to hide in annoying crowds like in Assassins Creed, only you won't have a steady cam. GET THIS GUY A STEADY CAM! And once you finally get caught, you won't wake up from a simulation, but you'll get to have your cake AND eat it too you fat bastage.

Just who do you THINK was in that mario costume?!

Kirk

Smash Champion
He got to go because there were a ridiculous amount of ties with sudden death, +0 but with only 2 deaths. Thats why there were actually 13 people instead of 8. It was funny. They made a rule where they gave 3 people Bye's and if one of those 3 made it to the finals, they would have to beat the other guy 2 sets of best out of three, even though they never lost. It was wack, but it never came down to that.

Thanks again to all the players I chilled with. It was to good. Especially to the norcal guys for comin and partyin.
So wait...there were people who had a +0 score who got to go? I won my round 3 with a +2...this is making me confused...

D_T

Smash Rookie
When Gamestop picked the initial 8 people to go, they messed up. They input the scores into their spreadsheet wrong. When I called them, curious as to how i did not make it with +5, they said I had 3-2, when I was really 7-2.

So, by then they had already invited some people. They had to tell me "We'll get back to you after we talk to our legal team" and I guess they ended up deciding it was just easier to invite 13 people instead of trying to tell people they screwed up.

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
dude your funny as hell we need to talk.
or play brawl
I see how it is... you'd rather play brawl online.

Well guess what, im not a child predator if thats what you were thinking. I don't really know that you're favorite thing to eat is fried chicken and favorite TV program is oprah. GUESS WHAT, THEY WERE FAKE TEARS. It's tabasco sauce i tellz ya!

Once on a rarity, i met up with another child predator after "luring" them. I was like, hey, i thought you were 14, and he said back, i thought you were a girl? We both made out at that moment.

Add my FC if you will (in the avatar), PM me your location (state) so i can get an idea of the lag johns.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
I dont think all HDTVs have noticable input lag. Depends on the TV, but i have CRT and an HD and the difference appears unnoticable (I am literally unable to play online because i suck so much whenever there is lag, so i would notice it if it was decent). I have LCD...element is the brand i think. its 1080p... yeah, thats all I know. but yeah, sounds like most people are saying there was considerable and noticable lag, even if it wasnt massive. that would mess me up. I figured that gamestop would screw it up. I was going to enter, but figured it was a waste of time. My friend said he did 1 v 1, 1 minute matches, all items all levels on, only wiimote + nunchuck at his local gamestop.

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
Gamestop made a mistake with the top 8 at the start.

After putting the scores into most likely a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, something went awry and the scores got mixed up and such. Because of this, the original 8 that Gamestop had contacted potentially had lower scores than a lot of other people.

D_T (with a +5 score) and myself (with a +4 score) were both not originally invited -- That is until I noticed a thread Demised started saying he qualified. But he was +3, why didn't I get in? Or D_T?

After a few days of bugging the **** out of Gamestop, they finally said that we were invited. It was also a decision on their part to not tell anyone they couldn't come because of a mix up. Imagine getting the call to goto california, only to have them call you back and tell you they lied. That'd be ****ed up.

Nice of them to let D_T, myself, the other 3 mix-ups go though; it was generous on their part. At least Gamestop did one thing right!

Eggm

Smash Hero
It was worse than when I played m2k online, which he said was .3 second lag, so .5 was just a result of this information. It sure felt like a solid half a second to me tho.

I've also played on about 3-4 other hdtv's and it didn't feel nearly as bad as those.

Edit : Well, the tourney did start with 80,000 people, so he clearly was facing the world.

Top Bottom