• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-=ChuDat Vs. the World @ GameStop in San Jose CA: Finalists Confirmed!!!=-

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
I haven't had lag problems in HD tv's or with Wavebirds, but if the top 3 were Ikes . . . . . .

Somethin's gotta be up x.x

Demised

Smash Ace
Oh well, the tourney was the worst part of the trip. lololol.

Tourney < San Jose

Regardless of Lag, Lee's top tier. He is definately a great ike, so dont let lag johns fool you. I got lag johns to so.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
my buddy won the first round, but he had to beat like 7 people, including myself.

this was a 41 person tournament, run on the in-game tourney mode. how you need to beat 7 people to win a 41 person single-elim bracket is beyond me. some guys had entered the tourney but werent entered in the actual tourney mode, so gamestop basically "let them in" at like, the very end of the bracket. my friend still beat them all anyway, nevertheless it wasnt fair in the least.

bottom line, gamestop is full of *******

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
gamestops rules were pretty fair enough. round 1 was crazy but that was it. i know tourneys are usually stock. but time definetely made it interesting.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Grats Lee, you're a beast.

The gamestop tournies were ********, we had to play tourny mode with random chars (and whatever char you got would stick throughout tourny mode). In the 3rd tourny I got Bowser : (

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
wtf. this was the funnest tourney ive ever been to. its so stupid how all the people that didnt even make it are trash talking about it. i know a lot of good players got jewed out of coming but even the really good players that made it all had a blast.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I admit, the gamestop round 1 tournament was a bunch of bull ****... Losing to a 6 year old is no fun =_= GODAMMIT.

But, I agree with Lee. The final round of the gamestop tournament was madd funn, and fair. No items, 5 minute time match, AND best two out of three? What else could I ask for. Its up to us to adapt to the situation that is given to us (lag, wiimote+nunchuck, whatever else). Everyone else is in the same **** boat.

Stop bi*tching everyone -_-

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Umm...
I doubt an 05 member has never been to a tournament, and I also doubt it was luck/random that he won with players like ChuDat and Dave in attendance. Give the man some props.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
So dumb how randoms win such. GJ and you will never win any other tournaments.
you only have 19 posts, talking about randoms. Lee is a really good player (in melee as well as brawl) and a pretty active member of the smash community, so stfu you have no idea what you're talking about

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
OHHHHH MAAAAAN, OOOHHHHH MAN!... WHO THE HELL WAS THAT COMMENTOR?! Wow, i must say... really dissapointing here. I hope that commentor goes on Whose Line is it Anyway and gets laughed at for wearing his sunglasses indoors.

And Lee, extra dissapointing you didn't have a camera crew, i hope that trophy crushed you under its weight while you held it, or at least ate you out of house and home. George Bush don't care bout you...

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
some people had to touch the wiimote for the first time ever- i dont find this fair.

thats like making someone who never played gamecube, and practiced smash with the wiimote, play with a gc contoller.

and dont try to say gamestop did this for a reason. this was due to them not knowing competitive smash and attempting to run a massive tournament. maybe they will learn, maybe not, but the gs tourney is not where the best are decided.

note: im not saying the guys in the finals werent good.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
i love how everybody who is posting in here and FLAMING doesnt have a clue what they're talking about.
wiimotes had to be used the whole ENTIRE tourney. from gamestop 1 AND 2 AND 3 AND the final round. im sorry your so stupid but maybe if i talk in CAPS all of the scrubs who are posting hatemail will get the point. Kudos to the people that are actually giving me props. a lot of people are also posting about how a "random" won this tourney. it seems that you people are forgetting that this is a COMPLETELY different game. some players like chu were amazing in melee and still are in brawl. regardless, a lot of the technical aspects of melee are gone in brawl. i know this was a gamestop tourney but i still have a LOT of pride for myself in brawl And melee. i have however put a lot more work into brawl than melee. for the people who are giving me grats and props. thank you. all of the scrubs that are hating need to realize that this is a completely new game.

-sorry for the rant, but i know that people that are actually good at this game will understand.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
i love how everybody who is posting in here and FLAMING doesnt have a clue what they're talking about.
wiimotes had to be used the whole ENTIRE tourney. from gamestop 1 AND 2 AND 3 AND the final round. im sorry your so stupid but maybe if i talk in CAPS all of the scrubs who are posting hatemail will get the point. Kudos to the people that are actually giving me props. a lot of people are also posting about how a "random" won this tourney. it seems that you people are forgetting that this is a COMPLETELY different game. some players like chu were amazing in melee and still are in brawl. regardless, a lot of the technical aspects of melee are gone in brawl. i know this was a gamestop tourney but i still have a LOT of pride for myself in brawl And melee. i have however put a lot more work into brawl than melee. for the people who are giving me grats and props. thank you. all of the scrubs that are hating need to realize that this is a completely new game.

-sorry for the rant, but i know that people that are actually good at this game will understand.
there are no such things as randoms now. lulz

and i give props to you for using the wiimote, period. I can't use it for **** O_O

f8lmatt

Smash Apprentice
lol at the march 2008 guy calling people randoms

That was my new account, I been here way longer than you dumb ***.

This coming from the guy who fails at MLG Gamebattles. lol
How Exactly Do I fail at game battles? I'm pretty sure your one of the kids I 2-0ed on there.

Kid, your high off your *** for winning a ****ty tournament with ****ty settings, you will probaly get destroyed at regular tournaments, I hear your the best smasher in Louisiana, what an acomplisment!!!! :laugh:

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
How Exactly Do I fail at game battles? I'm pretty sure your one of the kids I 2-0ed on there.
lol no, I haven't played you. I'm pretty sure your just some bad marth user who trolls a lot for no reason and thinks calling people newcomers with brawl makes sense. Lee is good. You should pay-pal MM him. and your record on gameBattles is ****. thats what I meant by fail LOL

yeah, if your here to complain because your one of the people who lost to a little kid at the round one tourney due to nunchuk johns, gtfo pl0x

edit:talk about bad states, wtf has MA acomplished? oh yeah, KDJ. yeah, you cant talk. sorry =/

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Sir.. you are CLEARLY mistaken if you believe Lee is not an exceptional smasher, and an exceptional player...

Last i saw him he was ****** the **** out of the South, Midwest, and EC players at Inn5... Not an easy feat.

Learn your smashers son.. and maybe people will take you seriously. As for me.. Lee is still a beast, and i am proud to say that he won the GS tourney, and repped it up for the smaller [and lesser known] states.

*pound*

Keep fuxing w/ amazing Lee.

Good Day Sir.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Sir.. you are CLEARLY mistaken if you believe Lee is not an exceptional smasher, and an exceptional player...

Last i saw him he was ****** the **** out of the South, Midwest, and EC players at Inn5... Not an easy feat.

Learn your smashers son.. and maybe people will take you seriously. As for me.. Lee is still a beast, and i am proud to say that he won the GS tourney, and repped it up for the smaller [and lesser known] states.

*pound*

Keep fuxing w/ amazing Lee.

Good Day Sir.
well ****ing said

**** you f8l f@ggit

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea lees a mad good smasher, winning the gamestop tournament requires a complete different learning process because of the whack-*** controller settings. things would probably be a lot different if the rules were legit and you could use your own controller settings, but lee deserves mad props for taking what rules were given to him and making them work.

QUIVO

Smash Master
lol i vaguely remember playing Fatal and beating him on gamebattles. GB sucks.

Anyway, Lee is good.. at least when I played him at FCD. Good ****

f8lmatt

Smash Apprentice
cash money get off my ****, you suck at this game! and Quivo, you are terrible, please kill yourself.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
come now f8l now you're just being a big baby.

*inserts pacifier*

stop littering this thread with your dumb pride. this is lee's glory thread.

gtfo. kthxbye.

Top Bottom