• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nice arts detta

And my nearest fast food place is a mcdonalds which is...about 15 miles away

I give no ****s to this cause XD

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I have a Five Guys about ~7 minutes away from my house, Wendy's about 5, Chinese about 5, Subway about 5. I haven't gone to Five Guys in years.

ec0

Smash Rookie
sorry if this is not the place for this question, i am new to smashboards and to competitibe smash in general, but: i have read in the rob community guide that rob's dsmash is godlike... when i first saw rob i really liked his dtilt and especially his dsmash ( at that moment i didn't now that those two are good moves). i used to do the dsmash out of shield, after a spot-dodge, for avoid presure and it was even better in teams battle. but when i discovered that it can be escaped so easily and avoid the final portion of the move i was like rip rob. so i am confused, is dsmash useless or not? is this so bad for rob as i think or not? thanks.

:phone:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
its not useless, even if they do get out its rather hard to punish effectively. 99% of the time whenever people do escape (which most people dont to begin with) they dont punish me. so don't worry about it too much.

edit:

best game ever?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sorry if this is not the place for this question, i am new to smashboards and to competitibe smash in general, but: i have read in the rob community guide that rob's dsmash is godlike... when i first saw rob i really liked his dtilt and especially his dsmash ( at that moment i didn't now that those two are good moves). i used to do the dsmash out of shield, after a spot-dodge, for avoid presure and it was even better in teams battle. but when i discovered that it can be escaped so easily and avoid the final portion of the move i was like rip rob. so i am confused, is dsmash useless or not? is this so bad for rob as i think or not? thanks.

Its still a decent move, Just not as good as we originally thought it was, If they do escape the last hit, youre still pretty safe

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Its still a decent move, Just not as good as we originally thought it was, If they do escape the last hit, youre still pretty safe
Its good against scrubs I would say. But most top players here can safely DI out of my down smash and counter me. I find I use downsmash alot due to it being like ROB's only good OOS attack haha.

I'm not very good at brawl though, but thats just my experienc.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Aw yeah Thor

Dsmash is good if the opponent doesn't expect it. Not so much if DI is second nature to the player though, but even then the player has to know how to DI out of it. So basically, if it works, use it as a surprise and not often unless you want to mindgame people into thinking you'll use it when you won't. It's broken against scrubs though. XD I definitely remember getting pummeled by it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Aw yeah Thor

Dsmash is good if the opponent doesn't expect it. Not so much if DI is second nature to the player though, but even then the player has to know how to DI out of it. So basically, if it works, use it as a surprise and not often unless you want to mindgame people into thinking you'll use it when you won't. It's broken against scrubs though. XD I definitely remember getting pummeled by it.
What happened a lot back when I was active was people would DI out of it instinctively and then forget to do something afterwards. This led to another Dsmash or just being able to GTFO of their face.

Dunno if that's changed.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, Its pretty much the occasional GTFO, If you use it to often people will begin to prepare for it, Using it like, once a stock is reasonable

ec0

Smash Rookie
thanks everyone for answering and... are all the multi hitting moves like rob's and pikachu's dsmash escapable? another thing, i saw all the brawl tier lists for the first time and... i was sad seeing rob dropping more and more... rob needs a not sdi-able dsmash in ssb4!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It's subjectile, You can escape MOST multi-hit attacks, However some of them have a low 'SDI factor' which makes it really difficult or impossible to get out of (Like MK's mach tornado) or sometimes have knockback which pulls you back into the rest of the attack (Zelda's U-smash)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Just took the SAT.
Wasted about an hour because I had an average of 5 minutes left after each section and we had like 5 five minute breaks. >_>
But I feel like I nailed it, so that's good.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Had that Lilligant thing reblogged here.

feelsgoodman.jpg

lol herp they censored the URL. Whatever.
It's f***yeahlilligant.tumblr.com but not censored.

EDIT:
Well now I know why I suddenly felt like I had to drop R.O.B.
No more heartbreak left. <3

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Why did you feel like you have to drop him?

And also, I shal lbe dropping him too unless I come across IC's in tournament, My ike is simply too far ahead

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm back to R.O.B. as my main again, seeing as I haven't played Brawl in ages, and R.O.B.'s the only character that feels familiar to me. Go figure.

Also, I'm gonna eat at Famous Dave's and then watch The Avengers for my birthday tomorrow.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Jcaeser, Our first Uk P:M tournament concluded the other day, Have results:

1: Professor Pro (Wolf)
2: Jolteon (ike)
3: j3ly (bowser/mario)
4: Dash (wario/Falco)
5: Unreal
5: JJlinyard (sonic)
7: Legacy
7: T.C.
9: Pow
9: Blink
9: Rampage
9: Sol64
13: AC
13: Feather
13: Loz8Ichinmaru
13: Luigmitsu

Verdict from the people: Ike is rediculous, He needs to be made just a tad slower so that his combo's have a smaller window for execution, giving aether less priority is also preferred as the mechanics of melee edgeguarding makes dealing with aether REALLY hard

Wolf is also very good due to his slow travelling lasers, It works akin to guiles sonic booms, Perhaps making it so only 2 lasers may be out at any one time will safe it from having TOO much pressure

There really wasnt much else to say at this point in time, We'll have more for you in the coming weeks, it will be a side event at all future uk biweeklies

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Nah, I hadn't even managed to touch the game before the tournament started while everyone else either had it at home or had played earlier in the day (i had no time to, I'm the only guy who knows how to work the universal remote)
Plus, I was going for top 3 in brawl so i could get money (i succeeded btw, No thanks to rob, who had 0% victories on the day) and I didnt want to distract from that

That said, I did Learn one thing from playing after the tournament:
Dedede still has rediculous grab range, And all 4 of his throws are useful now

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Good stuff G~P. Hopefully you or someone will post that in the tournament section on smashmods.com. Wish you knew more of the characters though.

Also, yay Xenoblade!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ikes ftilt needs a nerf on speed or power. idc which but him having the strength of his brawl ftilt with the speed of like falcos ftilt is rediculous

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Good stuff G~P. Hopefully you or someone will post that in the tournament section on smashmods.com. Wish you knew more of the characters though.

Also, yay Xenoblade!
Cool, If you can direct me to the subforum, I'll happily post the results
And i cant get P:M myself and i live too far away to play it properly, So i just have to blag it on the day XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2099.html

If you don't already have a Smashmods account, it'll take 24 hours before you can post (we had spambot problems). Try to find out some of the other characters if you can.

Okay
And as i said, It's hard to learn the characters when my wii in PAL and incapable of being hacked. Not to mention I live over 100 miles from any other smashers, let alone other smashers with P:M
Still, dedede is pretty easy to do, just grab things

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Well, I cant eat my favorite fruit pineapple anymore. Turns out I have allergies from it. Mouth and lips get all swelled up and leaves me in pain.

T.T
>.<

That really sucks :( You can still have pineapple flavoring though, right? In that case it wouldn't be real pineapple.

Top Bottom