• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
That Angel Beats video I uploaded a week or so ago was removed for "Copyright infringement" even though I had all the proper information and even defined how it fell under Fair Use.

Sony just hates me. All three videos that have been removed from my channel were reported by Sony something or other.

What's worse is that there isn't a single fricking human being in the entire support section of Google. It's impossible to talk to a human over phone.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, sounds like Google. >< I've been to their support section, it's barren. There's a bunch of writeups on questions you might have but no person available if your question isn't answered... :/

What you do to dispute a claim is you go to the explanation page where they say why they removed it, scroll to the very bottom and click "Dispute this claim" or w/e, then find a copypasta of the Terms of Fair Use for media and copy/paste it into the box. This has worked for me. Though I should warn you, make sure you read Youtube's new Terms before you do this, because once you submit a dispute you're liable to be taken to court for it. Just make sure they haven't added anything like "short clips of copyrighted film are prohibited" or "using a complete copyrighted song is prohibited" or something, so the Fair Use still applies.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
No, they have some BS page saying things like "We can't give you legal advice, but if you have suggestions on how to improve our copyright identification system, email copyright@youtube.com"

I'll look around for you some though and see if I can't find someone that can actually help with this.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Not gunna lie, GWJumpmans post kinda just trolled the **** out of this situation.... Completely talks about another topic relating to PB&J, then has a Youtube Signature... XD

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I had to go pick my sister up from the airport today, and my parents are staying in Denver for the week for some stupid conference. They made us visit their hotel instead of just going straight home, and we ended up getting lost on the way there. Then when we left, we ended up getting lost in the city and on the highway for like an hour before a police officer magically happened to be in the parking lot we stopped in to figure out how we were getting home and he directed us to the right highway.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
One bad experience shouldn't ruin the city for you. Living in Chicago was one of the best times of my life, and I'm not even a city person, I really like the suburbs and countryside.

Idk. Driving in the city is booty, but being in the city itself is awesome imo.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Having lived in a small city all my life and living in the largest city for four years, I can say that the concept of anything rural scares the piss out of me. Too quiet, too secluded. Can't do it.

Cities have their advantages and disadvantages. Everything is incredibly convenient, people are generally helpful, you have access to more stuff, walking is actually encouraged rather than needing to drive seven miles to get to the nearest form of civilization...

I'm curious, what do people think are the disadvantages of living in a city?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Having lived in a small city all my life and living in the largest city for four years, I can say that the concept of anything rural scares the piss out of me. Too quiet, too secluded. Can't do it.

Cities have their advantages and disadvantages. Everything is incredibly convenient, people are generally helpful, you have access to more stuff, walking is actually encouraged rather than needing to drive seven miles to get to the nearest form of civilization...

I'm curious, what do people think are the disadvantages of living in a city?
As a total farmerboy who goes to london for tournaments, I can safely say the city after dark is one of the scariest things ever.
By facts, cities have colossal crime rates when compared to rural areas (per capita, not per area)
Also while it costs less to get to places if you live in a city, the rent of an apartment or price of a house is sky high
oh yeah, And its unlikely that a city person will have a car if they live near the centre, theres just no point for city people but It limits your freedom to just go places

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
It's a matter of preference. I can lay it out:

City advantages: Easy access to things, more help available, lots of things to do and see
City disadvantages: Too much noise, pollution, crowded spaces, higher risks of crime, no ability to build/remodel, restrictions on allowed animals

Rural advantages: Quiet and peaceful, people know each other more closely, freedom in building/remodeling, ability to plant your own (large) food garden, ability to have animals unsuited for the city
Rural disadvantages: Driving forever to the nearest market, bad internet unless you're rich, less police presence (good and bad in a way), lots of bugs unless you're rich, fragile or non existent electricity, potentially fragile plumbing

In the end, it depends on how big the city is and how remote the rural area is. Honestly I think suburbs are pretty ideal, but not the typical suburb, I mean a more of a rural like suburb. Where there aren't homeowner's associations and neighbors are decently spaced away from you.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
GP you're a little slanted when it comes to prices because London could be, like, the most expensive city to live in in the entire world. Doesn't make me not utterly pine to go there, though. God I wish I could go to London...

But yeah, I suppose all those things are disadvantages. Crime in the cities is really not all that bad. And the city is scary at night? I nearly piss myself whenever I'm in the middle of even a relatively rural area at night trying to sleep. How can you STAND that silence?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
London is actually pretty cheap for a city.

And the lack of noise is what calms me, It scares me when i'm in the city when its dark, I see shadows of people but cant actually SEE them, if you get me. I get scared when i have shades of people and all these sirens and **** going off

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I just don't like the city because in general I don't like people in large quantities. People always seem to suck a little bit more when more people are around, I find.

That's why suburbs are great. Civilization, but not as many people still.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Why I don't like cities:
-Crowded
-Can't drive, so you're at the mercy of public transportation
-Noisy, dirty, smelly, etc
-Apartments (can't play loud music, pet restrictions, parking restrictions, etc)
-Expensive
-High crime rates
-Severe lack of real nature, and you can't even see the stars

Why I liked the small town where I grew up:
-Not crowded
-Everyone knows each other and is super friendly
-Everything (stores, restaurants, stuff to do) is in easy driving distance and not crowded at all
-Houses (we can do whatever the **** we want)
-Everything is cheap
-Quiet, open spaces, nature, beautiful night sky

About the only thing I didn't like about where I grew up was that it was far from my work and we couldn't get fast internet. So I moved to an apartment closer to my work. It's good enough for me right now, but I certainly wouldn't wanna raise kids or live out my golden years here.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Just gonna use J's template and edit it for myself

cities:
-Crowded
-Can't drive, so you're at the mercy of public transportation
-Noisy, dirty, smelly, etc
-Apartments (can't play loud music, pet restrictions, parking restrictions, etc)
-ExpensiveCheap
-High crime rates
-Severe lack of nature, except rabid foxes an' **** like that

small town where I grew up:
-Not crowded
-Everyone knows each other and is super friendly I don't care enough about other people to warrant knowing them. Still friendly though
-Everything (stores, restaurants, stuff to do) is in easy driving distance and not crowded at all Oh the lack of convenience. Everything is at least 1/2 hours drive
-Houses (we can do whatever the **** we want)
-Everything is cheap expensive, particularly fuel
-Quiet, open spaces, nature, beautiful night sky

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Would Saturday morning or Sunday work for you? I have a tournament on Saturday so I'll be out of here by like 11am EST.

Something from Leisha's facebook:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Anyone gonna see the solar eclipse on Sunday?
Only visible to East Asia and all but the east coast of the US, but still gonna be cool.
There's a relatively thin strip of land from like southern California down to Texas where it's a total solar eclipse, everywhere else it's only partial.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm actually kind of surprised you don't know what a Beyblade is. o.o

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...iw=1036&bih=605&q=beyblade&btnG=Search+Images

It's basically an anime that revolves around spinning top tournaments where the tops summon monster spirits unique to the top to fight. All the fighting is done by the spinning tops, but the monsters influence the power, speed, etc. A Beyblade itself is just any one of those spinning tops from the anime. There's spinning top toys that correspond with it, too.

Top Bottom