• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Sudai

Stuff here
Just waveshine. Drill shines on a wall are escapable thanks to SDI. Same for multi-shining, actually. Waveshines are the only true wall infinite Fox has.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Brawl+ has JC shines now btw ;) so sexy

Why the **** would you want 40 ppp? XD
Lolsrsly, makes it more tedious to get to the next page.
Do you have your screen resolution at 640x480 so everything is "bigger" too?

Low ppp is such a pain in the ***.

@JCz: so you just really like anything Roman related?
I'm really into ancient Greek/Roman stuff. I love the Latin language too.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Starturds, I'm on page 76 now. so congrats on getting the middle post of the 75th page.

ggs

lord karn

Smash Master
Low ppp is so much better. I hate it when you open a page and scroll down and then it shoots back up because it loads something new. Not nearly as much of a problem on low ppp.

Sudai

Stuff here
The only reason is should "Shoot back up" is if you click the "Go to first unread post" thing and you start scrolling before the page is done loading or you refresh a page after navigating to the page in a similar fasion. That happens on any number of ppp, but higher ppp count reduces the chances of it happening because you have to load less pages. ; )

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Took me way to long to figure out what hell ppp stood for.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The only reason is should "Shoot back up" is if you click the "Go to first unread post" thing and you start scrolling before the page is done loading or you refresh a page after navigating to the page in a similar fasion. That happens on any number of ppp, but higher ppp count reduces the chances of it happening because you have to load less pages. ; )
Get ***** by logic.

I can honestly say I would do 100 ppp if I could. So much less clicking.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Get ***** by logic.

I can honestly say I would do 100 ppp if I could. So much less clicking.
This, I like just tapping my down arrow key to read without having to click "Next" over and over. AKA, in the MK ban thread, 40 ppp wasn't even enough.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
;lkasjdf;ljazs;lfh;lknv,ljhklha;lrjf;lksvclajhz;lihj;l,ans;lfiua;lne;lknsd;ljWTFFFF really?!
Yessir. You can't waveshine obviously, but dair->shine->JC usmash is legit. Dair->usmash no longer works, yay tech skill!

If I find a good vid I'll post it.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
LOL it was at HERB2...and it was magical.

;lkasjdf;ljazs;lfh;lknv,ljhklha;lrjf;lksvclajhz;lihj;l,ans;lfiua;lne;lknsd;ljWTFFFF really?!
Ah ok XD Kinda scared me lol

In other news...****** wifi players like to talk **** about people's skill level when they've never left their bedroom/living room to a tournament. Makes me quite sad.

Sudai

Stuff here
<3 the music in the vid, JCZ, but B+ is actually starting to look like EZMode Smash64, honestly. The hitstun goes far beyond what Melee ever had. It's a shame I love the Melee hitstun more than B+ though because I love most of the characters that are in there but not Melee. D:

lord karn

Smash Master
I just click 'last page.' Wouldn't it also take longer to load a large page, though? Meaning that I would have to wait longer per page in order to scroll to avoid the shooting up effect?

Sudai

Stuff here
If you click 'last page' then it shouldn't do that at all. Is it shooting up to an ad or something? That's the only other thing that would draw the browser's attention that I can think of and if you still see ads here, then that's a whole other cup of joe.

The extra loading time also doesn't noticeably effect me because I don't use Revolution which loads horridly slow. Even the staff has noted that it loads horribly slow compared to the other skins. Besides, is your connection so bad that loading a few extra small images and some text is going to noticeably effect you? Actually, axe that last question. Smashboards needs some serious speed upgrades. <.<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
<3 the music in the vid, JCZ, but B+ is actually starting to look like EZMode Smash64, honestly. The hitstun goes far beyond what Melee ever had. It's a shame I love the Melee hitstun more than B+ though because I love most of the characters that are in there but not Melee. D:
I can't deny that. I've been pushing to increase upgravity so that characters reach the apex of their jumps sooner, which would effectively let us reduce hitstun without destroying staple combos, while making everything a bit harder overall. It's a bit late to be changing core physics but they agree that it should at least be looked at. So there may be hope yet. If not, it's still crazy fun, to me at least.

I'm all for anything that makes the game harder, short of arbitrary tech barriers like L-canceling. Fox's new JC shine is a good example of something that makes a character's game both harder and deeper.

lord karn

Smash Master
If you click 'last page' then it shouldn't do that at all. Is it shooting up to an ad or something? That's the only other thing that would draw the browser's attention that I can think of and if you still see ads here, then that's a whole other cup of joe.

The extra loading time also doesn't noticeably effect me because I don't use Revolution which loads horridly slow. Even the staff has noted that it loads horribly slow compared to the other skins. Besides, is your connection so bad that loading a few extra small images and some text is going to noticeably effect you? Actually, axe that last question. Smashboards needs some serious speed upgrades. <.<
Is there a way to get rid of the ads? Because that's definitely what's loading. I don't use revolution. The internet company that does everything at my apartment complex sucks, but I've never thought the internet was slow. Seems to work well for online games a lot. Also, my computer is really nice, so it's not that.

Sudai

Stuff here
Is there a way to get rid of the ads? Because that's definitely what's loading. I don't use revolution. The internet company that does everything at my apartment complex sucks, but I've never thought the internet was slow. Seems to work well for online games a lot. Also, my computer is really nice, so it's not that.
Look up NoScript and AdBlock. I assume you're already using FireFox. :o

Top Bottom